Locations

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Nicholas visits Sal in S11E24 to thank him for his help in fooling the men looking for his parents. They meet at a loading dock.
269E1A3C-602E-42CF-8764-2228CBC9FF7D.jpeg
It was located on the backside of 508 E 8th St b in Los Angeles. There was some signage in the background that gave the hints for finding this location.
5D4DE490-4631-43B9-820C-AC6C443AEB20.jpeg
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Regarding the 5020 Swiss Ave Den and Culver City sets being used after s0208 ELECTION.

s02e02 - Bobby with Garry #1 in the "den", 5020 Swiss Ave. Note the white wing-tip chair /lamp to Bobby's right, and no bar. Looks like a reddish lighting.

s02e11 - with Jock and Ray in TRIANGLE. Note the old den in use. Some scenes were obviously shot pre-season, and this was one of them. Looks like the same room in s02e02, white wing-tip chair /lamp & no bar. Row of legal-type books are about Ray's head height.

The last pic is s02e08 - ELECTION, with Culver City den, referencing the bar, not seen in s02e11. The wing-tip chair looks darker...but could be lighting. Lamp shade is slightly different. Row of legal-type books are about Lucy's head height with different binders.

Interesting...

upload_2020-2-1_17-19-21-png.19941
View attachment 20360

View attachment 20361
I don't see the same carpet in the "Triangle" episode scene here.We confirmed that the 5020 home does still have red carpet as seen in the scene here with Bobby and Gary.The bookshelf itself is also different in the "Triangle" scene versus the scene with Bobby and Gary.The bookshelf is exactly the same in the "Triangle" and "Election" scenes here.[Culver City/MGM soundstage].Not sure why the books were changed on the soundstage scenes here of "Triangle" and "Election".…..Lastly,concerning the bar.It appears that the bar on the soundstage set has 2 doors which open outward.In the "Triangle" scene here they are both closed.In the "Election" scene they are both open.The off White chair seen in "Triangle" and "Election" is the same chair [look at the seat]...The seat area of the chair in the scene with Bobby and Gary is different.
 
Last edited:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I see it at 49:48. The stopped image had pause info at the bottom which I think overwrite a piece of the number. But it's correct. You can find it at: https://www.imdb.com/tv

View attachment 20472

So I feel like I'm missing something because I cannot see this scene on my DVD. What scenes does it come between?
This isn't important I'm just curious now
I can't access the IMDB TV internationally, it's US only.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
So I feel like I'm missing something because I cannot see this scene on my DVD. What scenes does it come between?
This isn't important I'm just curious now
I can't access the IMDB TV internationally, it's US only.

at 48:20, Joel Grey walks across the pool. Then, below, looks like his brother got home and Bobby went out through the balcony. Hope this helps.

upload_2020-3-18_10-39-22.png
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
at 48:20, Joel Grey walks across the pool. Then, below, looks like his brother got home and Bobby went out through the balcony. Hope this helps.

View attachment 20481

Yeah this scene must be cut out of the region 2 DVD because it just isn't there at all. Very strange. I found a copy of the episode on Dailymotion, I can sort of see why the scene was cut out, it doesn't add anything to the plot (who was that woman??).

Thanks for your replies :)
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Yeah this scene must be cut out of the region 2 DVD because it just isn't there at all. Very strange. I found a copy of the episode on Dailymotion, I can sort of see why the scene was cut out, it doesn't add anything to the plot (who was that woman??).

Thanks for your replies :)

You're very welcome. If I remember correctly, it was his brother's wife. She wanted to, but Bobby didn't sleep with her. To avoid his brother's wrath of him just being there, along with avoiding the suspicions from the brother who does the things he accuses other of, he decided to sneak out.
 
Last edited:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
You're very welcome. If I remember correctly, it was his brother's wife. She wanted to, but Bobby didn't sleep with her. To avoid his brother's wrath of him just being there, along with avoiding the suspicions from the brother who does the things he accuses other of, he decided to sneak out.

Sorry that this is taking such a turn in the locations thread, I've put my reply under the spoiler tag so no one else has to load the pics if they don't want to. Thanks for participating in this discussion :)

Either there are more scenes cut out on the region 2 DVD to explain who that woman was or it's just unclear. As far as I can see on the Dailymotion copy (because the DVD doesn't have the scene), the scene takes place before Bobby ever even talks to Jason or his wife and the woman he went to bed with was someone else entirely, not Bootsie Ewing. I presume it's meant to tell us Bobby still has some charm and can have a woman other than his wife (who appears in the next scene), so he was sleeping with some other rich man's wife and had to sneak out when he came home, but it's not actually explained. I'm thoroughly confused by this. Conundrum isn't even a good episode, I can't believe I've spent so much time studying it :lol:
zrAECK4.jpg

J1xyfLA.jpg

gINDKcv.jpg

Nkz0hC3.jpg

NLVc0eu.jpg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Sorry that this is taking such a turn in the locations thread, I've put my reply under the spoiler tag so no one else has to load the pics if they don't want to. Thanks for participating in this discussion :)

You're right...my apologies. That part of the scene with the unnamed maiden didn't show up in my scrolling...it skips frames. I was wrong in what I said. I was thinking of how Bobby didn't mess with his brother's wife, and got mixed up. I sat through the commercials and watched the scene showing your pics, then Bobby exiting from the second floor. My bad.

Interesting planning how this house is next door to the one "owned" by his brother near Thousand Oaks off of Portrero Rd. Facing this house, the other is to its left.

Thanks for correcting me on the "exit" scene.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I was looking through the office location for s1 - 5 pilots in this thread, and it's not clearly noted where 2001 Bryan is, BRYAN TOWER in relation to the Dallas skyline. So I noted the important buildings in the show.

Note: in SPY IN THE HOUSE, as Pammy pulls up to the 2001 Bryan to deliver the file for Bobby, the building behind her under construction is ONE DALLAS CENTER.

Dallas Skyline Bryan Tower.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Tell ya what...I had a blast yesterday. Starting from the beginning, I strolled through this thread from the beginning and rediscovered some interesting things I had forgotten. Also fun to just review and see the pics and locations again. You guys have given so much to this, and I think you're all just awesome, and maybe, like me, a little twisted :crazyme: in our interest here. Thanks, guys. You're the best! :clap:
 
Last edited:

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
Tell ya what...I had a blast yesterday. Starting from the beginning, I strolled through this thread from the beginning and rediscovered some interesting things I had forgotten. Also fun to just review and see the pics and locations again.

Very well stated, Bill!

Want to know how I found all of you and this site?

Back when the internet and chat rooms were becoming popular, my friends and I stayed away. Then, one day I wandered into a chat room about barns.

Remember, this is the first chat room I'd ever seen.

What struck me was the feeling of friendship and camaraderie on there. One person would mention, "Have you seen those cupolas on all the old barns? Are they functional, or mostly decorative?"

66%20Custom%20Cupola%20(5).jpg


And another person would say, "They are definitely functional. Since hot air rises, the cupola creates a draft. On a hot day, you can watch a paper bag or small tumbleweed get pulled up toward the cupola because of that draft. It can make a 20 degree difference in temperature, and in a hot summer, that's a big deal."

And then others would add their experiences to that.

I still don't know how it happened, but exploring out from there I ran into the Soapnet site. Back then, it was email based. You would basically be in a group email and receive an alert when another poster added to the thread and go into your email to view it.

This was when they were showing reruns of Dallas each evening at 9:00 pm. Everybody would watch, then come on here to post and I'm telling you that this place was jumping!

If I remember right, Soapnet and Soapchat were sister sites. You would go into Soapnet to view the upcoming episodes and see pictures and reviews. Almost like a TV guide. Then you would go to Soapchat to find the forums.

Good times. . .
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Time to kill this morning. Zeroing in some things around Westlake Village, which is below Thousand Oaks, CA.

1. Bobby seen driving in "other direction" toward JMJ Ranch. Discussed in an earlier post with Guzzler.
2. Peter and Bobby driving on Portrero Rd. Discussed the bent tree earlier in the thread.
3. Peter was pulled over here. Possibly JR met Alan Beam and/or Harry McSween here also.
4. JMJ Ranch
5. Mark took Pam to look at a house he wanted to buy for them, discussed earlier in the thread. After the area was later developed and built up, the homes in CONUNDRUM, Bobby's brother's home and next door to it the home where Bobby climbed over the 2nd floor balcony.
6. Bocaccios, used I think as Casa Espana.
Westlake mapped locations.png

Approximate area above in relation to the LA area.
The red "s" to the right of ocean side Santa Monica is the location of the Culver City studio.
upload_2020-4-1_10-46-49.png
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
@Bill Dilks, I pm´d you long ago but I think the message wasn´t correctly sent.

I´ve trying to find out where the plane crash site was (the one from Season 1´s "Survival"). I know it also appeared in the Season 4 Premiere of "Falcon Crest" (including part of the SF logo!) but nothing else. Have you maybe mentioned it in this thread (I think not...)? Thanks in advance. :cool1
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
@Bill Dilks, I pm´d you long ago but I think the message wasn´t correctly sent.

Hi Toni...yeah, checked my inbox, and don't have a msg. No biggie...

I went through this thread from the beginning and don't have a location on that. Good question, tho'. We'll see if anyone knows. Thanks for asking.
 
Top