
I believe they went back to Texas. They certainly did it for filming the scene in which Katherine "killed" Bobby in front of Pamela's house since the house was located in Texas.Does anyone know if Lorimar filmed parts of the few final episodes of season 6 (DVD count) / 5 (original count) in Dallas contrary to their usual production habits?
They would normally shoot many parts of the first twelve episodes of each regular season (not the mini-series, of course) in Dallas while the remainder of each season was usually entirely filmed in the Greater L.A. area.
In season 6 (DVD) / 5 (original), there is the scene when Sue Ellen walks towards Holly Harwood's house just before she discovers Holly and J.R. in bed together. The exteriors of Holly's house was a Dallas location (compare post # 252 in this thread). Is it creative and illusionary editing that we get the idea Sue Ellen is in front of Holly's house, or was the scene actually filmed there?
Also, Sue Ellen's car crash that sealed Mickey's fate towards the end of that very season seems to have been filmed on the street right outside the Southfork Ranch gate.
Did they return to Dallas for filming a few scenes late in the season as an exception to their usual production process, or did they film these segments in advance, which would surprise me because in most cases the bible (although devised for the whole season) is usually altered a lot while filming progresses. The later it is in the season, the bigger the differences become between the original plotlines in the bible and the final shooting scripts. Does anyone know? Or does anyone have the shooting schedules and / or call sheets for those episodes by any chance?




I see a tall building in the reflection.Would this be the tall building and the sign seen in the glass window reflection at Jenna's store?...https://goo.gl/maps/RPAhZGgxoPiN8u42A ...Here is a google street view of that sign and building in a reflection from the "FRONTRUNNERS" shoe store window= .....https://goo.gl/maps/fVgepYxP1zHPduhW8 .....Location is "FRONTRUNNERS" Shoes-11620 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles,CA...[They have been in business since 1977.]....View of store- https://goo.gl/maps/wCUKTVAXYfPVcSYQ6 BTW-This area where the "FRONTRUNNERS" store is located is still considered part of Brentwood thus the "Brentwood Town & Country" on the sign seen in Jenna's store window.The building has been re-modeled but you can still see the old wood trim on top.I had a few minutes to kill so I figured I would take a quick look for this location for you!...[I usually search for first and second season locations only.]# 7.19 (DVD count) / 6.19 (original count):
The riding grounds (scene with Charlie, Bobby and Ray) are actually the Los Angeles Equestrian Center at 480 Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91506. The prop department did not even bother to cover the logo:
View attachment 21414
I am not sure where exactly the filming location of Jenna's store was located. But it was definitely in Brentwood, CA, as we can conclude from the red sign across which is mirrored in the window right before Sue Ellen's accident. The sign reads "Brentwood Town & Country", but I didn't find any clues where this company was located, and it is obviously no longer in business.
View attachment 21415
I see a tall building in the reflection.Would this be the tall building and the sign seen in the glass window reflection at Jenna's store?...https://goo.gl/maps/RPAhZGgxoPiN8u42A ...Here is a google street view of that sign and building in a reflection from the "FRONTRUNNERS" shoe store window= .....https://goo.gl/maps/fVgepYxP1zHPduhW8 .....Location is "FRONTRUNNERS" Shoes-11620 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles,CA...[They have been in business since 1977.]....View of store- https://goo.gl/maps/wCUKTVAXYfPVcSYQ6 BTW-This area where the "FRONTRUNNERS" store is located is still considered part of Brentwood thus the "Brentwood Town & Country" on the sign seen in Jenna's store window.The building has been re-modeled but you can still see the old wood trim on top.I had a few minutes to kill so I figured I would take a quick look for this location for you!...[I usually search for first and second season locations only.]
now I have the “inverse Sanford and Son” music from that scene in my head!Last one....I know this location is probably impossible to find now.The building has more than likely been demolished.Episode "Black Market Baby"...[Season 2]…..The apartment where Sue Ellen meets the mother of her soon to be adopted baby.View attachment 21320 View attachment 21320
