Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Earlier in the thread we talked about daVinci's. I didn't realized the name was mentioned in NO MORE MR NICE GUY (2), when she sort of met Mitch and he called her a cab. (Or I just forgot if it was mentioned here earlier.)

Hey.
Lucy.
Have you been to da Vinci's yet? - No.
I haven't.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Again on Da Vinci's. In S04E02, Lucy and friends are sitting around the S/F pool, wondering what to do "tonight". One friend suggests "Da Vinci's". They go and later that night after getting her buzz on, Mitch sends Lucy home in a cab.

The address is 7402 Greenville Ave, Dallas.

Doing a little research, looks like back then Da Vinci's was public by day, private membership club by night, frequented by the so-called jet-setters and wannabe's. Sometime around then it turned into public at night as well. Based on the scene, it looks like this location is slightly downhill, with cars passing on Pineland.
Davinci's Mitch.png

I found this pic at the location. I'm assuming front columns in this pic are those which supported the porte-cochère in the previous pic. At picture time below it looks to be part of outside dining/hanging.
Davinci's Al Amir.png

Here it is after the fire. What's seen below has since been demolished. What's shown is a different, smaller entrance. The port-cochere could've been in front of this entrance, or could've been in the section destroyed in the fire. It's possible the entrance below was to the private club, and the port-cochere was a separate restaurant entrance. I've been searching and cannot find any old pictures of Da Vinci's.
Davincis Al Amir Fire.png daVincis area corner.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Had these questions posed to me a couple of weeks ago and just saw them.

Do you have idea where Nurse Johnson's house is located from the episode The Lady Vanishes? And also do you know where the houses are that Jeannine O Brein shows to Bobby in the episode I dream of Jeannine from season 13 of Dallas?

Do you know where the scene was filmed where JR and Bobby are walking towards Harv's office and he meets them half way. The scene takes places in the episode Daddy Dearest from episode 9 of season 13 of Dallas.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Again on Da Vinci's. In S04E02, Lucy and friends are sitting around the S/F pool, wondering what to do "tonight". One friend suggests "Da Vinci's". They go and later that night after getting her buzz on, Mitch sends Lucy home in a cab.

The address is 7402 Greenville Ave, Dallas.

Doing a little research, looks like back then Da Vinci's was public by day, private membership club by night, frequented by the so-called jet-setters and wannabe's. Sometime around then it turned into public at night as well. Based on the scene, it looks like this location is slightly downhill, with cars passing on Pineland.
View attachment 18404

I found this pic at the location. I'm assuming front columns in this pic are those which supported the porte-cochère in the previous pic. At picture time below it looks to be part of outside dining/hanging.
View attachment 18405

Here it is after the fire. What's seen below has since been demolished. What's shown is a different, smaller entrance. The port-cochere could've been in front of this entrance, or could've been in the section destroyed in the fire. It's possible the entrance below was to the private club, and the port-cochere was a separate restaurant entrance. I've been searching and cannot find any old pictures of Da Vinci's.
View attachment 18408 View attachment 18407

man, in a just world, the place where Lucy met Mitch would be preserved as a National Historic Monument
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Had these questions posed to me a couple of weeks ago and just saw them.

Do you have idea where Nurse Johnson's house is located from the episode The Lady Vanishes? And also do you know where the houses are that Jeannine O Brein shows to Bobby in the episode I dream of Jeannine from season 13 of Dallas?

Do you know where the scene was filmed where JR and Bobby are walking towards Harv's office and he meets them half way. The scene takes places in the episode Daddy Dearest from episode 9 of season 13 of Dallas.

the bridge crosses Avenue of the Stars in Century City. https://goo.gl/maps/8uBr9Q1VWdu3UeVAA

I could never find the houses she shows him. But I think one of the houses is the same house that the tanker captain lives in!
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Clubs da Vinci & Elan...from TEXAS MONTHLY July 1979. ELAN is mentioned earlier in this thread, near the building where Harve's office is.

Da Vinci - Elan write up.png
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Clubs da Vinci & Elan...from TEXAS MONTHLY July 1979. ELAN is mentioned earlier in this thread, near the building where Harve's office is.

View attachment 18482

I like the subtly different age ranges of the clientele - the 42 and 43 year-olds are just hanging on at Elan before riding out their disco twilight years at Da Vinci’s. Lucy and crew should have been somewhere else the night of the Mitch encounter. Maybe they were looking for older men?
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Had these questions posed to me a couple of weeks ago and just saw them.

Do you have idea where Nurse Johnson's house is located from the episode The Lady Vanishes? And also do you know where the houses are that Jeannine O Brein shows to Bobby in the episode I dream of Jeannine from season 13 of Dallas?

Do you know where the scene was filmed where JR and Bobby are walking towards Harv's office and he meets them half way. The scene takes places in the episode Daddy Dearest from episode 9 of season 13 of Dallas.

I had some time to plug away on Los Angeles CAD this afternoon. I started with the tanker captain’s house. We can see the house number 10815 on the house as Bobby approaches in s13e10. Compare this to the *neighborhood* to 10815 Pickford Way in Culver City. https://goo.gl/maps/5h8zSSqctC4b4qLj8 The surrounding homes and lot arrangements seem to be a match. The home appears to be a rebuild from what we saw onscreen. Thoughts?

There were other houses Jeanne showed Bobby, but I don’t have leads on those.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Definitely an upgrade. Have to go watch that scene again. It was a corner, for sure. Yeah, I kill a lot of time doing this too...tho' without your success or creativity.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
There were other houses Jeanne showed Bobby, but I don’t have leads on those.

Here are the tanker captains house pics.

Bobby parked out front. Done for street view reference:
Tanker house - Bobby parked out front.png


Bobby looking for the tanker captain:
Tanker house - 10815.png

Bobby meeting Jean:
Tanker house - with Jean.png

Tanker house "behind my back" facing across the corner - current street view. The picket fence is there, as are the awnings and house shape and fireplace on the catty-corner house in the top pic view behind Bobby:
Tanker house - street view.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
end of the season, so LA... was that the last scene in what was originally intended to be the season finale, before the scramble to write two more shows, leading to "let's shoot the bastard!"?
Yep...this was followed by THE WHEELER DEALER and A HOUSE DIVIDED.

LA? I didn't realize end-of-season ep's were done in LA in their entirety. I know the production team planned out the seasons' shots for Dallas. So I thought this would be Dallas. But thinking about it, Bobby took the briefcase to an LA pawnshop. So to me it could be either, unless I missed something along the way, which happens...

Reminds me of Curtis Lake at Lover's Lane and Dickens.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Here's one I'm curious about. At Digger's funeral.

View attachment 18603
That was filmed at Valhalla Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles.

98FC2203-38C6-422E-9B84-1DBE9437F964.jpeg

It was also used as the burial locations for Hillary Taylor, Jock and Ellie in J.R.’s dream in Conundrum, and the phony gravesites of Nicholas Pierce’s parents.

I haven’t been able to get on here lately. When I try the boards are always down.
 
Top