@Bill Dilks I am about to be on the road, so I can’t post in detail. However, here is something to look into and you can post some pics! Renovations have taken place, but a building across the street seals the deal for me. Corner of Johnson and Valley in El Monte.
https://goo.gl/maps/EQUvyKzhDAgWpkVK6
Wow....holy s***! How did you come up with this one? In El Monte? A public building, yes. El Monte? Amazing. And Garry....you sure as heck nailed it too.
Congrats!!!! Address comes up as 3501 Johnson Ave, El Monte, CA, the corner of Johnson and Valley Blvd. Glass was replaced by panels, but other than that, bingo! And the reflected building in the scene matches up. The buildings down the street on the right are correct also.
Note the building under the right-most of the three palm trees...that building is the same, the squarish window in what may be the attic, and angled roof to its right.
On google maps, note the LA Superior Court building across Valley Rd. So familiar.
In the previous post pic I mention the hand rail on the other side of JR. It's the hand rail to the left of the LA Superior Court building, pictured below.
I better back this page up now. I copy the entire page, then paste it into a word doc. It includes the pics. Simple, but I just don't want to take a chance and lose all that's been found. I have all 39 thread pages saved.
Again, in case we lose touch and this site disappears, I created a simple SOAPCHAT facebook page to reconnect.