Locations

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
@AKA Our 80's Life and @johnmmil10 it is a great pleasure to see you posting here again!

I agree with the Caddo Mills location is the one used for filming. I drive past when servicing our account in Cooper, Texas. You'll see my truck parked between the Fat Boy BBQ and the Dairy Queen there. A hungry guy like me just doesn't stand a chance!

@johnmmil10 , do you ever see them skydiving from the Caddo Mills airport?
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
A new batch of Dallas season 4 locations These are great.

I love it when they are parked in front of Ray's house, talking about the changes the new owner's made. Then you hear a honk in the background.

"Well, whoever is coming home, and we'll pretend it's Ray, just honked at us and told us to move along."

BHAHAHAHAHA! I just love your enthusiasm. Keep it up!
 

AKA Our 80's Life

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I love it when they are parked in front of Ray's house, talking about the changes the new owner's made. Then you hear a honk in the background.

"Well, whoever is coming home, and we'll pretend it's Ray, just honked at us and told us to move along."

BHAHAHAHAHA! I just love your enthusiasm. Keep it up!
LOL! That was funny! I think we got off easy because we later heard that the homeowners REALLY don't like Dallas fans stopping by their house. Thanks for watching! We released our season 5 video this week, and I'm currently editing footage from season 6 (coming soon!)
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
I never get tired of seeing these videos!! I’m a nostalgia buff so I love seeing what these places in these scenes look like today. Please keep these videos coming!!
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
I love that you are making these videos. It's very cool that many of the shooting locations are exactly the same as they were when they filmed. I noticed you were able to zoom in on the seats where Jock and Ray sat during the cattle auction.

1614892394176.png

And as further proof of how much fun it is to visit the filming locations, I liked it when you said,

"Here we are in the White Elephant Saloon. And we are sitting in the exact seats where Jock and the boys sat when they stopped here for a drink. How cool!"

How cool, indeed!
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I know a lot of Dallas fans were upset when they learned the house used for exterior shots of Rebecca's house was demolished. I have found photos taken of the house during demolition as well as photos of the house built in its place. While the original, Mount Vernon inspired house, was nice, I am in love with the Anglo-Palladian style house that is there now.

Here's the link to photos of the original house. The site says it was Sue Ellen's house but we know better:

Here is the link to the site of the construction company that built the new house:
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
I know a lot of Dallas fans were upset when they learned the house used for exterior shots of Rebecca's house was demolished.

Funny you mention that. I feel the same way when I drive past the gas station where they filmed the original series.

It's been rebuilt since then, and it is very sleek and modern.

There is even an ATM inside where you can buy bitcoin!

1621447691544.png

Which is nice and all, but I always feel like saying,

"Hey! Don't you know this is where Pam and Bobby stopped for gas? That's the important part of this gas station!"
1621447802984.png
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Funny you mention that. I feel the same way when I drive past the gas station where they filmed the original series.

It's been rebuilt since then, and it is very sleek and modern.

There is even an ATM inside where you can buy bitcoin!

View attachment 27313

Which is nice and all, but I always feel like saying,

"Hey! Don't you know this is where Pam and Bobby stopped for gas? That's the important part of this gas station!"
View attachment 27314
bitcoin?!? jesus, take the wheel!
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
bitcoin?!?

That's right. I didn't pay a lot of attention, but @johnmmil10 will probably have occasion to go through Prosper at some point.

If you do, John, look at the ATM. It has a sign over it about bitcoin.

I'd ask @Taylor Bennett Jr. to go, but remember that the Brass Tap is right next door, and that is where we'd probably find him!

1621453521540.png

1621453661028.png
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Funny you mention that. I feel the same way when I drive past the gas station where they filmed the original series.

It's been rebuilt since then, and it is very sleek and modern.

There is even an ATM inside where you can buy bitcoin!

View attachment 27313

Which is nice and all, but I always feel like saying,

"Hey! Don't you know this is where Pam and Bobby stopped for gas? That's the important part of this gas station!"
View attachment 27314
I found the gas station about 2 years ago using Historic Aerials website, It's actually not been rebuilt,It's the same building just remodeled.
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
I found the gas station about 2 years ago using Historic Aerials website, It's actually not been rebuilt,It's the same building just remodeled.

You're right, Bill. They replaced the mechanical pumps with digital ones, and put a nice new canopy over all of them.

And now that I went in there again, you are right that the building has been remodeled, not demolished. There used to be racks of oil, antifreeze, and transmission fluid when you first walked in. Now that area has been replaced with a big ice cream cooler.

Here's a cool story you might enjoy about this gas station:

They used to close at 9:00 P.M. There was a soda machine out front so you could get a soda even after the station was closed.

The coin and bill portion of the soda machine broke, and nobody knew how to fix it.

The solution?

They kept the door to the soda machine unlocked and set a coffee can on top. If you came by after the place was closed, you would take a soda out and put a dollar in the coffee can.

There was a wide open spot where I could pull my truck and trailer off the road to get a soda, and every time I drive by there, I remember that old coffee can.

Good times. . .
 
Last edited:

AKA Our 80's Life

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
We're back!! It's been a while since we posted here, and we want to thank everyone for your kind words. We're so glad y'all are enjoying our videos! We just finished watching "The Dream Season" and we're currently working on figuring out locations for seasons 7-9 as we plan for our next trip to Dallas. So exciting as there will be LOTS of cool places to visit. Here's a link to our playlist of videos for seasons 1-6, in case you missed any. Thanks again, Abby & Keith
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I haven't gone back and looked to check if this is a duplicate and don't have an answer about location but someone else probably does.
The playground John Ross, JR and Sue Ellen go to in My Father, My Son is also featured in Hart to Hart. It must be in LA as that's where primary filming for Hart to Hart was.
You can see from the screencaps (sorry, super blurry) that the little concrete circles are the same, there's a concrete maze of sorts and the turret matches.

0rh5OIZ.png


 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
I haven't gone back and looked to check if this is a duplicate and don't have an answer about location but someone else probably does.
The playground John Ross, JR and Sue Ellen go to in My Father, My Son is also featured in Hart to Hart. It must be in LA as that's where primary filming for Hart to Hart was.
You can see from the screencaps (sorry, super blurry) that the little concrete circles are the same, there's a concrete maze of sorts and the turret matches.

0rh5OIZ.png


You were right about it being a CA location. and I don’t think we posted about it before. Those scenes were filmed at Van Nuys-Sherman Oaks Park. The location showed up in S05E17 of Dallas.

John Ross’s balloon escaped (I think at the end of the episode) at the intersection of Stansbury Ave & Huston St which is adjacent to the park.

Here is an interesting article from 1987 about the park’s signature play area: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-28-me-1241-story.html
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
You were right about it being a CA location. and I don’t think we posted about it before. Those scenes were filmed at Van Nuys-Sherman Oaks Park. The location showed up in S05E17 of Dallas.

John Ross’s balloon escaped (I think at the end of the episode) at the intersection of Stansbury Ave & Huston St which is adjacent to the park.

Here is an interesting article from 1987 about the park’s signature play area: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-28-me-1241-story.html
Thanks!
Did they end up demolishing it? I'm thinking yes as I can't find any more recent pictures when I Google now.
To be honest I don't much see it as a Land of Oz inspired playground, it's a bit on the cold side with all the concrete and no colours but it's also nowhere near as dramatically awful as the people quoted in the article depict it as. A plastic conventional playground would have the same issues with "big kids" congregating , broken glass and smells, those are issues with the people who use the facilities and don't respect them vs. the structure itself (besides the "big kids" comment which just makes me laugh).
 
Top