Macklemore Dropped from Ed Sheeran Tour Over "Free Palestine"

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
That said, self-important celebrities are absolutely insufferable to me. I'm talking about the ones who think it's their duty to influence the public on how to think and how to vote.
This alone explains why award shows - think Oscars - have fallen off the cliff rating wise. Too many actors began using the stage to lecture us mere mortals about Climate Change then jump on their private learjet and fly back to Europe.
 

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Champion
LV
3
 
Awards
9
This alone explains why award shows - think Oscars - have fallen off the cliff rating wise. Too many actors began using the stage to lecture us mere mortals about Climate Change then jump on their private learjet and fly back to Europe.
Yes, many of them are also blatant hypocrites. They rarely put their money where their mouth is. I suppose it's fitting that the activism of entertainers is mostly performative.

That said, when it rises above an empty, virtue signaling lecture, I can respect it.
 
Top