LV

Reaction score
Awards

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i'm for the movement but iv'e read plenty of female celebrities say that while it has helped some it's also hurting it too. she did explain why she thinks so but i can't remember what she said

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Miriam Margolyes gives her two penn'orth on MeToo and the gender pay gap in this video.

Miriam Margolyes said:
The MeToo thing is great, but I think it can overbalance and become a witch hunt, and that's stupid.

I think people talking about a hand on the knee fifteen years ago... is not serious enough... It's obvious what's assault and what isn't.

Now I've never been groped, unfortunately... because I wasn't attractive enough. But, let me tell you, I did have an experience with Warren Beatty...

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
another backlash that is hurting not so much the movement is that it's hurting Comedy there's so much you cannot say anymore as jokes like in stand up for example that if you say this or that you are deemed sexist. even if you aren't it's not right comedy should be a place you can make fun of anyone, sure there's shit you should not make fun of like rape for example it's all about context and how you say it. you can say certain stuff that clearly isn't funny into something funny depending on how you say it. look up the George Carlin Bit on exactly this and he says it a billion times better than i am here.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Have you ever considered that maybe those who overuse #metoo and #timesup are engaging in a cognitive distortion called mind reading?

What I mean by that is that if someone has a fantasy about them (a private fantasy, with no intention of rape), some #metoo people might automatically think that just the fantasy implies an intention to rape or even an actual rape itself (again, distorted understanding of Matt. 5:28 taught in many evangelical churches, where it's taught that if you fantasize about a woman, you are automatically guilty of having relations with or possibly violating that very same woman, even if she is not even in your bed; this leads many people to think that if they are guilty of actual relations/violation just for fantasizing, might as well go ahead and do it, because they're guilty); I may have said this before, but the way I see that verse is that it means not to try to take someone else's wife away from him, and if your intentions are in that direction, that's where you're wrong.

Unfortunately, some #metoo and #timesup proponents don't think that way, and I think that such a distorted pattern takes attention off those who actually were violated, and makes the false claimants become the headlines.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Promiscuity for the woman, when she wants it. Chastity for the man, when she demands it.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i've had a lot of female friends throughout my life and they have always been a huge Influence on me and that's not a bad thing either cause it can help me relate to them more and try to understand them a little bit better than if i hadn't had that in my life. so i do like to consider myself somewhat of a feminist of sorts and while i am for the me too movement cause women deserve respect as well no place should be just a boys club unless it's one of those clubs where it's just men and even i find those pointless too. so having a movement like that isn't a bad thing but the thing that hurts it and causes it go to from being on the right side to the WTF side is as it's been said the witch hunt when they go after people who said this or that even if they were kidding. i'm for women as i said getting the respect they deserve but both genders should be allowed to make fun of one another for example and not have to worry about being Cancelled that's where the witch hunt comes in.

not everyone is a sexist pig regardless of gender

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

How Nineteenth-Century Women Got Away with Murder​

How Nineteenth-Century Women Got Away with Murder - TFF 2.0 - YouTube

Janice Fiamengo also states: 'Kathy Callahan in her article on women who kill does mention murders of women by women, and finds similar leniency. In one case, a woman murdered another woman, her friend, over a drinking debt, and was given a light sentence of 6 months because the two women had fought physically beforehand. (...) it seems to me that the inability to hold women accountable for their violence is even stronger than the desire to protect female victims.'

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Janice Fiamengo said:
it seems to me that the inability to hold women accountable for their violence is even stronger than the desire to protect female victims.

That sounds about right. It also reminds me of a news article I read just last week.

Locking up women does not work, charity warns.

Ministry Of Justice spokesman said:
Since we launched our female offender strategy the number entering the criminal justice system has fallen by almost a third.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
does anyone watch Deadly women? if so why women got away with murder back than weather they were Serial killers or not was one thing, women were viewed as the weaker sex and though i don't think they are anymore if they ever were i dunno maybe it depends on the woman i dunno. but they got away with it for so long back than cause they had a hard time believing that women who are the ones who bring children into the world that they would bring death into the world by killing anyone. even though there were plenty of women who did kill for various reasons through the centeries. but there were only at least from watching deadly women very certain women who did get caught and were hanged it feels like. they got lesser Sentences sometimes too. i dunno how wrong i am on this or how right but i'd say i'm right in the middle if i got any of it wrong

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
does anyone watch Deadly women? if so why women got away with murder back than weather they were Serial killers or not was one thing, women were viewed as the weaker sex and though i don't think they are anymore if they ever were i dunno maybe it depends on the woman i dunno. but they got away with it for so long back than cause they had a hard time believing that women who are the ones who bring children into the world that they would bring death into the world by killing anyone. even though there were plenty of women who did kill for various reasons through the centeries. but there were only at least from watching deadly women very certain women who did get caught and were hanged it feels like. they got lesser Sentences sometimes too. i dunno how wrong i am on this or how right but i'd say i'm right in the middle if i got any of it wrong

Far from being eternally-oppressed. the argument has in fact been made that we so over-humanize women that that requires the dehumanization of men, children or even other women who are victimized by a woman. That the culture tends to project the worst of the dark side of men onto all men, and project the most noble of female behavior onto all women --- as if we're one vast sea of Mother Theresas (if you'd just stop raping us!) and Ted Bundys (with privilege)... So even when women kill, it's warped into an act of righteousness and/or a reaction to patriarchy (and that's apparently nothing new).

And that we're so busy trying to do that that real female victims are shoved aside in consideration of female perpetrators. So someone feels more of an ego-association with the criminals within their ranks than with the innocents.

There was a case fairly recently where one (or was it two?) female pimps who'd been 'renting' out 9 year old girls to their customers were given shockingly lenient sentences by the male judge who said in his ruling that, essentially, he was confident in the pimps' innate goodness as women, explaining that their crimes against small girls couldn't really reflect on who they really are deep down (with little thought given to the welfare of those girls).... And then there was the case of the woman who videotaped her own molestation of her 1-year old baby (I can't recall the gender) and sold it online -- the male customers were harshly punished (and rightly so) but her lawyers argued for the application of the rape-shield-law to protect his client's anonymity (a law intended to protect victims, not whomever the woman is in the scenario) and the male judge agreed. That was only stopped when her outraged in-laws raised a ruckus over it.

So the standards are weird at best.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's f.. up alright one thing i love about Criminal Minds is you see that show doesn't do that, that was the 1st show that i can think of where they had a black Serial killer and normally on tv shows it's a white guy. but Criminal Minds also gave a reason why a Serial killer started to do something the vast majority of the time that is.
some people are just born evil and it doesn't matter the gender. the vast majority of people i think are well meaning good people but you are always going to have a percentage of people no matter which gender it is who is so evil that you winder if they were literally born in hell and it's not because someone raised them wrong Bundy would be a good example he had nothing bad happen to him he was just a sick f.. who was born evil. there are plenty of women that are born evil as well.

i went to school with a girl who was on death row now she's in prison for life. and this was on an episode of deadly women Season 6 bury their babies i think was the title? the girl's name was Nicole Diar she had been in a fire as little kid her older brother on accident set fire to her nightgown and she had some scars on her face and skin cause of it. if i recall her brother did as well. her brother is a nice guy i have not seen him since i was a kid but i had always liked him. i very faintly remember the fire it was in (1984) i think? i want to say anyways, she was a grade or two ahead of me i think she was 2 years ahead of me and so on the bus and at school if i saw her i'd talk to her but i'd sit on the bus with her and she was teased i do remember her being called Freddy Kruger i think i said that a number of times but i could be wrong on that.
in short i considered us friends we weren't close but we did talk through the years anyways in the early 2000's i think cause the teasing really f.. . her up i got teased to but i haven't killed anyone nor do i intend to either. but for whatever reason her son she i think started out as a good mom than at some point lost interest and wanted to party now if she had sought out help to see a Shrink i don't think this could have happened well maybe i dunno. but for whatever reason she moved into a new house

and her son didn't want to even go into the house he was scared of it and he was terrified of the bathroom and that's where he was killed was the bath tub. she i think strangled him or drowned him i can't remember which. than set the place on fire and went to do Karaoke! so uh yeah she could have maybe gotten away with it had her son not already been dead when the fire started. she was on death row for good reason until she was retried and it was found there was some error's that had been said or done during the original trial so now she's got after losing her case a 2nd time instead of lethal injection she's got to spend the rest of her life in prison and she deserves it too. i went to the same school she did and it f.. me up to but you don't see me out hurting anyone i guess it was just to much for her and instead of dealing with it she's now going to spend the rest of her life in jail where she does deserve to be for her evil act. it's f.. up to say that but sadly it's true that it went that far ya know?