Yesterday from the Beatles

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Tarkovsky
No Minder thread? "The world is your lobster Terry."
You Better Call Arthur Del Boy - the king of malapropisms & one of my favorite crooks from the 80s! Dodgy, shonky, roguish, fun, fun, fun!
Any fans? I am sorry this wasn't shown outside of the UK (as far as I know). It would've been cult!

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Any fans? I am sorry this wasn't shown outside of the UK (as far as I know). It would've been cult!
I know towards the end of its run in the early 1990s that several episodes were set and filmed in Australia.

I’m not sure whether these episodes were ever shown “down under” or not.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I liked Minder at the time and the relationship between dodgy Arthur and his schemes and Dennis Waterman

It also taught me a lot of cockney rhyming slang

I liked his ploys to keep one step ahead of the law and DS Chisholm, and long suffering barman Dave

It changed whgen Dennis Waterman left the cast

George Cole was a very great character actor - and i always wondered if we would ever get to see "er indoors"

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Watched through the whole series during lockdown and absolutely loved it. Arthur Daley is such a great character you can’t help but laugh at his nonsense.
I heard people don’t like the Ray Daley years but I felt the show actually had an uptick is quality after a dodgy previous season when Ray joined.
My favourite episode has to be the one where Arthur was on a jury, everything he did was hilarious
I also really enjoyed all the Christmas specials they did.
I’d say along with Upstairs Downstairs, Minder is ITVs crown jewel.