My mom passed away today.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last year I posted that my mom was expected to die because she had a UTI and sepsis. The doctors were shocked she survived. This January the same thing happened. She survived. Well,it happened again this week and she died today.
She was a wonderful mother, raised five boys whom she loved and they loved. Three of us were with her at the end. I held her hand as she breathed her last. She was 94.
I will miss her terribly.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So sorry for your loss. Sending my thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
@Jimmy Todd

Sorry to hear your sad news and condolences to both you and your family

Im sure you have lots of lovely memories

from experience Time is a great healer but it wont feel like that right now - its far too raw.

Wishing you love and strength to get through the next weeks and months ahead
love BF x

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
My deepest condolences to you and your family @Jimmy Todd. She obviously lived a long life and was surrounded by loving people. Sorry to use a cliché but I know it´s true, our beloved ones are never really gone and become a part of ourselves for the rest of our lives.

1712322594198.png

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought I would be prepared for this moment, but I guess you can never really be prepared.

Here's a recent article on that very subject:

"All my life I’d worried about my dad dying. Other close family too, obviously, but mainly my dad. I’ve no idea why. Here I was, around half a century after I first started worrying about this very thing happening. And it had happened. I couldn’t, and can’t, get my head around much at all. About the only thing I am sure of is that 50 years of worrying about it was properly pointless. Because imagining – let’s call it pre-feeling – this pain turned out to be no preparation at all for the real thing."

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today is the funeral. Then what happens after that? I remember on KNOTS Landing when Sid died they showed a scene of the Fairgates just going home. Karen had a full season of mourning

When Abby thought Gary had died she cried and started work on Lotus Point, if I recall correctly.
When Laura died, everyone mourned and Greg never forgot her.
When Maggie died on Falcon Crest, Richard asked Angela what he was going to do,to which she responded, "You're going to survive."
When Claudia died on Dynasty, only Adam seemed to notice.
Maybe this could be the start of A thread about who did mourning the "best" in Soapland.

Please excuse my rambling thoughts.

Last edited: