Dallas Actors New Exclusive Ultimate Dallas Interview from 40th Event! :)

K

Karin Schill

Hi Everyone,

This brand new interview with Steve, Linda, Patrick and Charlene has just been posted to Ultimate Dallas twitter, facebook and Youtube so I thought I'd share it here too:

Thank you so much to Colin, Josh and the Cast for making this happen! :)

I hope everyone enjoys watching it,

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Tina Ewing

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Is it really a 16 and half minute long video? Because it sure seemed like five minutes when I watched it the first time :)
I'd listen to them talk for hours though I have to say that some things/stories get overtalked (not particularly in this interview but in general).
IMO there's still much more to tell but the problem is that the cast are asked the same type of questions all over again and I'd be tired of it if I were them. That's why I think Josh deserved more time for his interview because I'm sure he'd have asked them more interesting questions to think about and not just give an automatic answer (with all due respect).
All in all, I enjoyed this interview very much and I'm just hoping that there will be a chance for Josh to ask them the questions he didn't get to eventually.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Thanks for posting Karin - Will listen to it later (in the bath lol)

Hope there are a few new stories :D

K

Karin Schill

Listen to it in the bath? rotf
But it's a video interview! :D

I agree with you Tina. Some stories are totally over talked and I think the most common ones are "Who Shot JR" and "The dream season resolution". Those stories are the most repeated ones IMHO.

Anyway I enjoyed this interview too and there were a few new stories. At least new to me...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

I think it was funny how Larry apparently didn't like the romantic JR/SE scenes. I mean those are some of my favorite scenes so I keep using them over and over in like music videos. :Clol:

Still the scene where JR left Sue Ellen at the Sanatarium is a really good scene because it can be interpreted in two ways,
1) JR doesn't care about his wife so he left her there to lock her away so she couldn't talk.
2) JR loves his wife and wants her to get the help she needs.

Come to think of it there are probably lots more ways to interpret that scene...

Anyway I loved the part where they got to talk about each other's best work. :)
I think I might have picked the "Ray pulls the plug on Mickey Trotter" storyline for Steve. Although it's hard to narrow it down to just one scene as they all did great work pretty much all the time for all the years they were on the show. :clap:

Oh and I loved it when they referenced to that scene in the blooper reel that pretty much all fans have already seen. :rlol:

I agree that 20 minutes is short. But it's better than nothing. Also I think there's gonna be more Ultimate Dallas Interviews this year. :dance:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Thanks a lot to every person who made this interview possible! Maybe it´s the 40 number that gives a deeper perspective on the whole phenomenon, but I feel that the four of them (and probably all of us too) have come to full circle and given to the show the transcendence it has for them as people, beyond the work it meant too. Besides, all of them have been so close to us fans in interviews since the DVD´s began to be released that it´s hard, at least for me, to see them as the characters anymore. Of course, I enjoy watching the show itself and I believe them in the fiction, but it´s a bigger experience now because it feels like "Dallas" is actually being shared 50/50 between "them" and "us". Loved seeing them together again, almost 11 years after I met them in France!

:ex::ty:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
So is it true, that original Dallas is on Netflix in the US and that they cut the Ray/Lucy-scenes from the first few episodes?

K

Karin Schill

No clue since I don't live in the USA. Hopefully someone in the USA can answer your question Matthew.

Any more comments on the new interview?