Pat Hitchcock, Actress and Daughter of Alfred Hitchcock Dies at 93

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pat Hitchcock, director Alfred Hitchcock’s only child, has died at 93. She appeared in her father’s films including “Strangers on a Train,” “Psycho” and “Stage Fright.” In “Psycho,” Hitchcock played Janet Leigh’s office mate Caroline, who offers to share her tranquilizers. She also appeared in film including “The Case of Thomas Pyke” and TV series such as “Suspense,” “Suspicion,” “My Little Margie,” “Matinee Theatre” and “The Life of Riley” as well as in 10 episodes of “Alfred Hitchcock Presents.” She also had a small part in “The Ten Commandments.”

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I found her very watchable in the small roles she had, and thought she was a decent little character actress.

Most memorably as the pill-popping colleague in Psycho.

And Barbara in Strangers On A Train:

She also seemed very invested in documenting Hitch's work, with lots of appearances in documentaries about the making of his films.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pat Hitchcock's career began when she was Jane Wyman's double in Stage Fright. I think she was very talented and brought shadings to her characters that may not have necessarily been in the script. Alfred Hitchcock is known to have not given his actors much direction with regard to characterization so this really makes me appreciate the choices Pat made. I can only assume she chose to focus on life as a wife and mother at the expense of her career. I think it's very sweet that at the end of the episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents that featured Pat's first appearance, her father ended the episode by saying "I thought the little leading lady was rather good, didn't you?"

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
when first became a hitch fan in the mid 90's and i learned that was his daughter at some point i thought she's pretty good in this why did she not do more acting?