- Awards
- 7
GH does this "formal" photo shoot about once a year, sometimes mid-year if there are a lot of cast additions. Their opening titles feature the images of the cast members (shown in rapid succession, usually an assortment of the actors appearing that day), so the images need to be professionally done. The images above feature all the individual shots blended together, and obviously they can make a million combinations this way. They do use these for PR purposes and I'm sure we will see them used in many ways (especially since they're so well done)....but the main reason they do these shoots is to have current, similarly-lit photos for their opening titles. There have been several notable GH actors who have been absent from the current opening who should be there (contractual obligation) and some of the child actors have visibly changed since they last posed for shots. Some shots are older and have a different "look" because the actors are styled/dressed differently and are closer or further away from the camera, which stick out when shown in rapid succession like they do in the opening.Was kind of baffled when I saw that ABC had done print ad types for General Hospital. I'm not sure if they'll use this to buy ad space in actual magazines, but that they've made the effort to put these together is great. I don't remember the last time a soap did this - with this and The Gates coming, it does feel like soaps are having a mini revival.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Was kind of baffled when I saw that ABC had done print ad types for General Hospital. I'm not sure if they'll use this to buy ad space in actual magazines, but that they've made the effort to put these together is great. I don't remember the last time a soap did this - with this and The Gates coming, it does feel like soaps are having a mini revival.
Sorry Brooke but Reva invented this technique!That Reva Shayne. She was certainly a "Lewis Family Groupie".