Random things you hate

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’d rather drink no soda at all than drink diet soda.

You're not alone-- water is most of the time the order of the day for me.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Diet soda. Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’d rather drink no soda at all than drink diet soda. And the name itself always confused me. Diet soda? I mean if I’m on a diet I wouldn’t be drinking soda, but if I’m drinking soda then I’m obviously not on a diet. The words diet and soda just don’t seem to fit together for me.
I don't drink it a lot but Pepsi Max is fine by me. ;)

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't drink it a lot but Pepsi Max is fine by me. ;)
I’ve actually never tried this one yet. I’ll let you know if I hate it. At least then I’ll have another reason to post on this thread.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I assume the reason they have Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Zero Sugar (and the Coke equivalents) both in production despite their similarities is a bizarre sort of name recognition. Diet Pepsi (which I drink often) and Pepsi Zero Sugar (which I rarely see available where I shop) both use aspartame as its sugar substitute, but the word "diet" in the title can repel some consumers, so the "zero" version cons those people into buying essentially the same drink. Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke are still widely distributed, but I bet over time these companies will switch out the two and phase out "Diet" items in favor of the "Zero" items.

I think many people drink diet soda for the same reason I do---the caffeine buzz.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Diet Pepsi is a drink i think tastes nasty as hell but my parents enjoy it, i drink Pepsi Zero and find since they upgraded the taste it tastes even better but my favorite is the classic Pepsi i forget the name of it but it's how it tastes in the 80's before it got watered down like it is now. i don't mind Diet Pop but i drink the Zero's which to me isn't diet pop and i like Diet Coke but it tastes nothing like Coke Zero. though Crystal pepsi is my favorite pop of all time and i dunno why they never keep it when they bring it back it sells quite a lot. as for what i hate?

i bought Guardians of the Galaxy 3 on 4K today and the damn X-mas special isn't on it because Disney wants you to watch it on there when we don't have it and it should be on that set. stuff like that really sets me off

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
another thing that sets me off it always does feel it seems like something always wants set me off lol is our dogs wanting to piss and sh*t inside the house yes we have pads but our house reeks of Urine right now because these dumb dogs refuse to go outside, Mickey our male dog i say it like that since there are women with that name a good example is Friday the 13th the TV series. anyways yeah he does ask to go outside but he still goes inside and than you have Bella she drives me nuts when i do take her outside she rarely goes and if the ground is wet... yeah it's enough to drive anyone insane. they are old enough to have learned to go outside but if it's pouring outside Mickey has a better chance of going outside than Bella. i dunno how anyone else dogs are like but doesn't this stuff just make you want to scream?

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i drink coffee at work but i bring it from home, one of mine is Lazy people who go can you get this for me ? i don't mind it sometimes but i'm talking about certain people who are that lazy i'm thinking of someone at work who sits her ass down and never gets anything she wants for herself.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
News broadcasts, especially of disasters -- only the banner on the screen identifying the disaster is so large you can't see the objects they're pretending to show you.

Today, I was attempting to watch coverage of the apocalypse in Maui and I still don't know what it looks like.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another day at paradise work where I'm dealing with customers not knowing what video ports are currently in THEIR device. My auto response when confronted by a customer requesting a cable to connect an external monitor with a desktop/laptop computer is, "Would that be VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, Thunderbolt or USB-C?" Of course the typical response is, "Huh?"

99.9% of customers now own a smartphone yet cannot think to use the camera to take photos of those damn ports on their devices.