Red wine question

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a glass of red wine or two once in a while. I have noticed something odd in the last several months. Whenever I have a second glass of red wine at a restaurant it seems a tad more bitter and I can't finish it. It's not just in one restaurant, it's in several. Is it my taste buds are aging or more restaurants are giving me wine that has "turned," a phrase I've heard is used to describe bad wine?
I'm no connoisseur, so maybe I just don't know good wines from inferior ones. I've been paying really close attention to reruns of Falcon Crest, but that hasn't given me any more insight(lol).
Anyone with red wine knowledge have thoughts on this?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All I know is that red wine should never be chilled. And I get drunk on it too fast.

K

Karin Schill

I am not an expert. But my theory is that you have gotten more sensitive to alcohol beverages with ages. So you can't drink as much as you are used to. My suggestion therefore is try to stick to only the first glass that taste good and skip the second that doesn't taste good.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am not an expert. But my theory is that you have gotten more sensitive to alcohol beverages with ages. So you can't drink as much as you are used to. My suggestion therefore is try to stick to only the first glass that taste good and skip the second that doesn't taste good.
Thank you:)

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Red wine is okay although I prefer Vimto. I suppose it doesn't really have the same body or bouquet but it does look the same and it's much cheaper. The last bottle of Vimto I bought was from Rioja in Spain from a general convenience store near the train station.

One problem is that it sometimes leaves my tongue all purple like I've been eating beetroot.

I remember a few years back, I was on the Dallas film set Tour and you could pay 5 dollars to snog Mandy Winger. She said I was quite a good snog but please could I not eat beetroot next time. I told her that it was red wine and not beetroot and she suggested I go and find that lush Sue Ellen and go out drinking with her.