REVENGE

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of the best modern day soaps that burnt itself out too fast. Nolan and Emily's relationship is great.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It had a great start, but the premise (sort of Sidney Sheldon story) was too limited for a multiple seasons tv series.
Many twists were twisted further, and then again and again - and this weakened every previous plot twist.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It had a great start, but the premise (sort of Sidney Sheldon story) was too limited for a multiple seasons tv series.
Many twists were twisted further, and then again and again - and this weakened every previous plot twist.
The went about subsequent seasons all wrong. They should have made it more an anthology but kept it soapy. Each season built on someone's revenge. It just got convoluted beyond belief in season 2.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It went from being addictive as cocaine to horrifying like cabbage in such a short time-span...

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The went about subsequent seasons all wrong. They should have made it more an anthology but kept it soapy. Each season built on someone's revenge. It just got convoluted beyond belief in season 2.

Pretty much and this what the idea that was floated originally - each season would've changed a setting and revenge plot (I recall that the plot was going to move into New York full time). Of course, when you have a great cast and characters that people care about it's hard to just abandon that.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It went from being addictive as cocaine to horrifying like cabbage in such a short time-span...

It became fizzy lettuce. And I say that as someone who liked the entire series - but it could've been done so much better and less convulted.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Pretty much and this what the idea that was floated originally - each season would've changed a setting and revenge plot (I recall that the plot was going to move into New York full time). Of course, when you have a great cast and characters that people care about it's hard to just abandon that.
I'd have kept the main cast, and obviously made the Graysons and Emily the meat of the show. I mean I would want to use every inch of that Manor set for all it's worth. They could have still made it about other peoples Revenge and had the Graysons there. It's a while since I watched it but I am sure they could have planned it out so each season focused on a characters revenge. Jack, Nolan, Ashely all could have had issues from their past that they needed to sort out.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It became fizzy lettuce. And I say that as someone who liked the entire series - but it could've been done so much better and less convulted.
Shorter seasons would have benefited the show I think. It wouldn't have meandered as much and went off track. Or they should have split the seasons into parts A and B. Having a set of writers working on an arc for A with a beginning, middle and end, and the same for part B. Two unconnected stories that used the same characters. It just was too twisty turny and confusing.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There are rumours going around that this is being revived (and even has a two season pick-up - somewhere).

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Shorter seasons would have definitely benefited them as Alexis said. They had no idea how to write this show and what direction to take. I gave up on it during the second season and never looked back.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

A bird told me they might ret-con anything after 3x22...

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
I've seen this show 6 times already and I think I'll watch it again this year. It's become my summer staple. I always start around Memorial Day (which is the starting point of each season) and by September and I get to the twilight of the show, it's final dark season, a fitting end to a summer. I'm still in love with the sexy Daniel and adore the fantasy world in the Hamptons the show depicts in its signature manner.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Victoria Grayson was that bitch. She was the absolute queen of the Hampton's and Madeleine Stowe played her perfectly. Unfortunately, like most of you have already said, the writers were clueless about which direction to take the show in.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Victoria Grayson was that bitch. She was the absolute queen of the Hampton's and Madeleine Stowe played her perfectly. Unfortunately, like most of you have already said, the writers were clueless about which direction to take the show in.

Early on Victoria was written in a really complex way, and was known to have guilt over what they did to David Clarke. Even at the end of the season when she was going to be a witness against him, they showed her be a character that was not the typical soap villain, just as ruthless Emily was not the typical heroine. But the concept, these nuances and the archetypal set up did not survive the second season, and when they tried to unring the bell, they found out the audience no longer cared.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There are rumours going around that this is being revived (and even has a two season pick-up - somewhere).

Bumping this up because apparently there is again some speculation that it might be revived. Anyone have any more info?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bumping this up because apparently there is again some speculation that it might be revived. Anyone have any more info?

The best characters are all dead, why bother reviving it? Unless they start over with new characters, new setting but similar plotline?