Scrapped characters that should have been kept

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Original list: https://carringtondynasty.fandom.com/wiki/Scrapped_characters#Season_4

Jonathan Crown : Head of International Operations for Colbyco in Paris, he was mentioned by Cecil Colby in a cut scene of the Season 2 episode "The Cliff." Bright, tough and handsome, he was supposed to show up at Alexis and Cecil's wedding. Cecil told Alexis that Jonathan hated Blake Carrington as much as he did.

He already sounds like an interesting character, and the fact that he's from Paris means he's French. He could have been a mentor for Alexis in how she learns the oil business, maybe even possibly a temporary bedmate. I'd also have him bed down with Fallon because why not? :lol: He could also be a rival for Adam... and in fact, Adam could frame him for trying to poison Jeff, thus giving the character a good exit as he's dragged away by the police, swearing revenge.

La Mirage's manager : An old-fashioned man that was to disapprove Fallon's modern management of her hotel.

Jhana Brooks : a photographer that would work with Amanda. Michael was to disapprove that partnership, considering that a princess should not invest herself into modelling.

Mathew Kim : a Chinese man. Alexis was to seduce him in order to have him help her convincing the Chinese to get her back the South China Sea leases. He was eventually replaced by Kai Liu in the TV version and had no romantic scene with Alexis. While I can understand them not wanting another "Matthew" on the show (even though that didn't stop them from having multiple "Michael's"), I think they should have kept in Alexis having a romance with the character. It would have been interesting seeing Alexis in another interracial romance (her only other one onscreen was with the Arabic Rashid Amid; she also should have slept with Brady Lloyd).

Famous painter : A painter that would have been hired by Alexis to make her portrait while she was living into Blake's mansion. Alexis fired the painter because he did not want to follow her instructions.

Frank Lombard : Dominique's first husband. I'm guessing this would have been another handsome black man for Dominique to play off of, and it would have been yet another dive into her all too under-developed past.

Patrick Graves : Fallon's husband when she was amnesiac and went by the name of Randall. He was to blackmail Fallon and was found murdered -- Jeff was accused of killing him. Oh come on, this one sounds interesting as f***, I'd LOVE to have a storyline like this!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
La Mirage's manager : An old-fashioned man that was to disapprove Fallon's modern management of her hotel.
Joseph 2.0.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alexis fired the painter because he did not want to follow her instructions.
And now he's back in Denver to revenge that gargantuan injustice :lol:
Mathew Kim : a Chinese man. Alexis was to seduce him in order to have him help her convincing the Chinese to get her back the South China Sea leases
She'd already done something like that with Neal McVane in season 3 - a shaky plotline, to put it charitably.
Modern....management?
Patrick Graves : Fallon's husband when she was amnesiac
It makes sense that someone took care of her. We don't know how she lived and how she paid for food and hair spray, it couldn't have been a Carrington credit card.
But since Miles was already the "mistake" husband I'm not sure if another husband would have worked.
On the other hand, Miles was accused of killing....eh, someone....perhaps it would have been better to connect the murder victim with Randall?
Frank Lombard : Dominique's first husband
I'm sure it would have been just as wonderful as all of Dominique's other love interests made up of characters we had never seen before.
Why couldn't she be Farouk Ahmed's ex-wife (widow?)
He already sounds like an interesting character, and the fact that he's from Paris means he's French
Ah, that explains the name Jonathan Crown :lol:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And now he's back in Denver to revenge that gargantuan injustice :lol:

Meh. ;) I figured we could just do that one storyline in Season 7 of Alexis wanting her portrait done, but not liking how cold and aloof she looks when the painter is finished. I always liked the sound of that storyline, even if it were to last for only an episode or two. Alexis could have revisited her own loving of painting, and I still would have LOVED seeing a giant fancy portrait of Alexis - especially if were placed over the mantel in the Carrington Mansion.

She'd already done something like that with Neal McVane in season 3 - a shaky plotline, to put it charitably.

Did she? I remember so little about that man. Only that Alexis called him "scum," a "miserable has-been", that he once tried to strangle Alexis, and later killed Mark Jennings while dressed in drag. :lol:

Modern....management?

Haha, I was only quoting what was said in the wiki article. It was referring to Fallon's renovations of La Mirage, and the old manager being resistant to change.

It makes sense that someone took care of her. We don't know how she lived and how she paid for food and hair spray, it couldn't have been a Carrington credit card.
But since Miles was already the "mistake" husband I'm not sure if another husband would have worked.
On the other hand, Miles was accused of killing....eh, someone....perhaps it would have been better to connect the murder victim with Randall?

Fair point about there being too many husbands. Maybe he's not "Randall's" husband, but simply the man who took care of her. Or maybe he just *claims* to be her husband, thus making him delusional. And yes, Miles is another candidate for committing the crime.

I'm sure it would have been just as wonderful as all of Dominique's other love interests made up of characters we had never seen before.

Bring in some talented writers first. :lol:

Why couldn't she be Farouk Ahmed's ex-wife (widow?)

Now who was that again? Was he a brother to Rashid Ahmed (or however you spell his name)?

Ah, that explains the name Jonathan Crown :lol:

Okay, half-French. :lol:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Joseph 2.0.
Maybe Joseph should have worked at La Mirage (like in NuDynasty), that would have given him something to do.

As for Patrick Graves, I'm sure it would have been proved later that he was not her husband at all. In the bible, it is said that Fallon coud not remember what she did when she was "Randall" until she came to the police station, she had a blackout of this period.

Original list: https://carringtondynasty.fandom.com/wiki/Scrapped_characters#Season_4

Jonathan Crown : Head of International Operations for Colbyco in Paris, he was mentioned by Cecil Colby in a cut scene of the Season 2 episode "The Cliff." Bright, tough and handsome, he was supposed to show up at Alexis and Cecil's wedding. Cecil told Alexis that Jonathan hated Blake Carrington as much as he did.

He already sounds like an interesting character, and the fact that he's from Paris means he's French. He could have been a mentor for Alexis in how she learns the oil business, maybe even possibly a temporary bedmate. I'd also have him bed down with Fallon because why not? :lol: He could also be a rival for Adam... and in fact, Adam could frame him for trying to poison Jeff, thus giving the character a good exit as he's dragged away by the police, swearing revenge.
Jonathan was probably the original Adam, in the sense that he was an antagonist. Maybe it could have been found out that Cecil kidnapped Adam and sent him in Paris with a fake name.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There was dialogue between Randall and a policeman that attempted to explain some of her "wandering" period. She arrived at this police station asking again if anyone had filed a missing person report on her, and of course he said no. She'd apparently been there at least once before to ask, so he felt familiar/concerned enough to ask her just how she'd been getting by. She claimed that there had been money in her purse and some jewelry she had sold or pawned but lamented that the money wasn't going to last forever. In another thread I pointed out that this only invited more questions, since the money would likely have been in a wallet that would have also contained her drivers license and/or "Carrington Credit Card," and she mentioned a purse but I don't recall PSM grabbing one before she fled the mansion. So maybe the purse and jewelry she mentioned wasn't with her during the car crash, but was purchased during her wandering amnesiac period.

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon may not have been aware of her past but she was very aware of her presence and knew how to fit in the ongoing 80’s haircut and clothing trends smoothly. Something that she was reluctant to do before disappearance.

Last edited:

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
„According to some early plans, Jeff was not supposed to be involved with Nicole De Vilbis, but with a business associate of Peter De Vilbis called Tony who had a island in the Caribbean and was putting together an investment package to finance the building of a resort and condo complex. Moreover, the writers wanted Tony to take advantage of Jeff while he was drunk and forced him making a threesome with him and Amy (Jeff's girlfriend in The Verdict). That storyline was obviously too bold for 1984 so it was discarded and the character and its storyline were eliminated”

Who was TONY supposed to be? A gay man who wanted to become straight and get some tutorials from Jeff about how to please a woman or just a swinger without a pair? Or was it a nickname of a lesbian, who used Jeff to get closer to his then girlfriend?

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who was TONY supposed to be? A gay man who wanted to become straight and get some tutorials from Jeff about how to please a woman or just a swinger without a pair? Or was it a nickname of a lesbian, who used Jeff to get closer to his then girlfriend?
Tony was supposed to be a man who would take advantage on Jeff. I don't think the threesome really happened but it seems that Tony wanted to make it believe to Jeff for some reason. Maybe blackmail ?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another character I decided I'd keep:

Marin Dexter - Dex Dexter's sister, she was supposed to be a main character of season 5. She was to have a steamy affair with Adam. During the season, it was to be revealed that Marin had been raped by her father, Sam Dexter, during childhood. In the ultimate episode of the season, she was to confront her father with her secret.

Only I'm not sure if I'd keep in the part about her being raped by Sam. I would, however, have Marin be yet another casualty at the Moldavian Massacre. Imagine the tension between Dex and Adam as they both feel immense grief and guilt over her death, yet are unable to properly deal with these feelings, and so therefore end up lashing out at one another... especially when Dex starts dating Amanda!