Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 261622" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Two::</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Kristen, I can't thank you enough for letting me stay here."</p><p></p><p>Kristen gave Sue Ellen a sweet smile and took her hand. "How could I not, Sue Ellen? We're sisters after all."</p><p></p><p>"I know, but there's been so much ugliness between us. I honestly didn't know if you'd be willing to help me."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, whatever happened between us was all JR's fault. I'm glad you shot him. I just wish you'd killed him."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen dropped her eyes to the floor. She fought the urge to deny she'd been the one who shot JR. The truth was that she just couldn't remember.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," Kristen pushed her when she didn't answer. "You DID shoot him, didn't you?'</p><p></p><p>"I can't remember," Sue Ellen confessed in a small voice. "But all of the evidence certainly points to me, doesn't it?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. It does."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen started to tell her sister that she was deeply relieved JR was still alive, but before she could say it, the doorbell rang.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sat quietly on the couch and waited for Kristen to return from answering the door. When she finally appeared again, there was a man with her.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen Ewing?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes?" </p><p></p><p>The man nodded and handed her a business card. "My name is Jerry Kiefer. I've been hired to represent you."</p><p></p><p>"Represent me?" Sue Ellen repeated, confused.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I'm.a defense attorney from Houston. I will be defending you against the charge of the attempted murder of JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"How in the hell could that woman afford this?" Jock roared. "She doesn't have a penny to her name! I saw to that personally!"</p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Jock," Harv Smithfield sighed. "But she had to have gotten the money somewhere. Mr. Kiefer doesn't work cheap."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby?" Jock barked at his youngest son. "You know anything about this, boy?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't," Bobby bristled. "And I would appreciate it if you'd stop assuming I went against your will to help Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"Well, someone sure as hell is helping her!" Jock shot back.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Harv agreed. "A million dollar cash bail, now one of the most expensive lawyers in the state? We have to assume that whoever is helping Sue Ellen is very wealthy."</p><p></p><p>"I want to know who it is," Jock told him. "Now."</p><p></p><p>"I'll do my best," Harv said and stood up. "Thank you for the coffee."</p><p></p><p>"I'll walk you out," Ellie stood up.</p><p></p><p>"You know," Pam said, putting her glass of orange juice down. "The name Kiefer is very familiar to me."</p><p></p><p>"He was the defense lawyer in the Berringer case," Bobby told her. "Remember? The woman who shot her husband dead in front of all those witnesses?"</p><p></p><p>"Oh yes," Pam mused. "Wasn't she found not guilty?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR spoke for the first time. "Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. Emotional stress of finding her husband in bed with another woman."</p><p></p><p>"JR," Jock growled, "you don't seem too upset about this!"</p><p></p><p>"Why should I be?" JR shrugged. "She's entitled to a lawyer."</p><p></p><p>"Not one that good, she's not."</p><p></p><p>"She's entitled to whatever she can afford," JR said flatly. "And it seems to me like she can afford a lot."</p><p></p><p>"Not for long," Jock seethed. "As soon as I find out who's footing her bills, I'll put a stop to it."</p><p></p><p>JR shrugged again and turned his attention back to his breakfast. He was done talking about it. Nothing could be solved at the Southfork breakfast table anyway.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing, I'm sorry. I'm not at liberty to discuss your benefactor."</p><p></p><p>"All I want to know is who it is!"</p><p></p><p>"And I can't tell you. Do you clearly understand the terms of my representation?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she nodded. "Whoever hired you will pay the full cost of any defense as long as I accept the restrictions."</p><p></p><p>"And you understand those restrictions?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"Repeat them to me, please."</p><p></p><p>"I stay away from Southfork, away from JR, and away from my son."</p><p></p><p>"That's right. Do you accept those terms?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen fought back her tears and nodded her head. "Yes. I don't really have any other choice do I?"</p><p></p><p>"No you don't. Not if you want me to represent you. Do we have a deal?"</p><p></p><p>"We do," she said softly.</p><p></p><p>"Good," he pulled a legal pad and a pen out of his briefcase. "Now. I know this will be painful for you, but let's talk about your husband's extramarital affairs, shall we?"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"There you go," JR laid little John Ross back down in his crib and covered him with a blanket. "It's alright, son. I know you miss your mama."</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>He stiffened at the sound of Pam's voice. "What?"</p><p></p><p>"Nothing. I just came to check on John Ross." </p><p></p><p>"He's fine. I just changed him."</p><p></p><p>Pam watched JR ease himself back into his wheelchair. "You seem to be getting around a lot better."</p><p></p><p>"I do fine," he told her. "Pam, can you do something for me?"</p><p></p><p>"I guess that depends on what you want."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…." He hesitated for a minute, trying to figure out how to ask for the favor without sounding weak.</p><p></p><p>"What about Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"She doesn't have anything...can you pack a bag or two for her and take it over to Kristen's?"</p><p></p><p>Pam's eyes widened in shock. "JR… you…"</p><p></p><p>"Look, I just want her stuff out of this house. If you don't want to do it…"</p><p></p><p>"No!" Pam interrupted him. "No. I'll take care of it, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," he grunted and rolled from the room.</p><p></p><p>"You're welcome, JR," she muttered under her breath to herself, "you're very welcome."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I wouldn't read too much into it, Pam. He probably just wants to get rid of her stuff like he said."</p><p></p><p>"Then why not just throw it all away?" Pam asked her husband. "Why go through the trouble of making sure she gets it all?"</p><p></p><p>"Who knows?" Bobby shrugged, "but I can promise you it's not because he gives a damn what happens to her."</p><p></p><p>"What about you?"</p><p></p><p>"What about me?"</p><p></p><p>"Do you care, Bobby? She's out there all alone and…"</p><p></p><p>"She's not alone, Pam. She has her sister. And her high dollar lawyer."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby, did it ever occur to you that she might be innocent?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course it did! But the evidence.." he paused and took a deep breath. "Pam, you know how Daddy feels. We have to put Sue Ellen out of our lives."</p><p></p><p>"Why? Because the high and mighty Jock Ewing has spoken?'</p><p></p><p>"Because she tried to kill my brother, Pam."</p><p></p><p>"We don't know that for sure!" Pam protested. "And even if she did, it's not like she didn't have good reason!"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen is gone, Pam," Bobby told her. "You have to let her go."</p><p></p><p>Pam rolled her eyes and turned to walk from the room. "Oh no I don't," she grumbled. "And Jock Ewing can't make me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Who do you think it is?" Kristen asked. "Bobby?" </p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip. "He wouldn't dare defy Jock that way."</p><p></p><p>"Pam then?"</p><p></p><p>"She would help me, I guess. But she doesn't have access to that much money without Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"Then who? Cliff Barnes?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed at that suggestion. "No way Cliff would put up a million dollars for my bail."</p><p></p><p>"So you have a truly secret admirer," Kristen said </p><p></p><p>"It seems so," Sue Ellen sighed. "But I doubt it will last long. Jock and JR will find out who it is and put a stop to it. Kristen, I am going to jail for a very long time. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 261622, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Two:: *** "Kristen, I can't thank you enough for letting me stay here." Kristen gave Sue Ellen a sweet smile and took her hand. "How could I not, Sue Ellen? We're sisters after all." "I know, but there's been so much ugliness between us. I honestly didn't know if you'd be willing to help me." "Sue Ellen, whatever happened between us was all JR's fault. I'm glad you shot him. I just wish you'd killed him." Sue Ellen dropped her eyes to the floor. She fought the urge to deny she'd been the one who shot JR. The truth was that she just couldn't remember. "Sue Ellen," Kristen pushed her when she didn't answer. "You DID shoot him, didn't you?' "I can't remember," Sue Ellen confessed in a small voice. "But all of the evidence certainly points to me, doesn't it?" "Yes. It does." Sue Ellen started to tell her sister that she was deeply relieved JR was still alive, but before she could say it, the doorbell rang. Sue Ellen sat quietly on the couch and waited for Kristen to return from answering the door. When she finally appeared again, there was a man with her. "Sue Ellen Ewing?" "Yes?" The man nodded and handed her a business card. "My name is Jerry Kiefer. I've been hired to represent you." "Represent me?" Sue Ellen repeated, confused. "Yes. I'm.a defense attorney from Houston. I will be defending you against the charge of the attempted murder of JR Ewing." *** "How in the hell could that woman afford this?" Jock roared. "She doesn't have a penny to her name! I saw to that personally!" "I don't know, Jock," Harv Smithfield sighed. "But she had to have gotten the money somewhere. Mr. Kiefer doesn't work cheap." "Bobby?" Jock barked at his youngest son. "You know anything about this, boy?" "I don't," Bobby bristled. "And I would appreciate it if you'd stop assuming I went against your will to help Sue Ellen." "Well, someone sure as hell is helping her!" Jock shot back. "Yes," Harv agreed. "A million dollar cash bail, now one of the most expensive lawyers in the state? We have to assume that whoever is helping Sue Ellen is very wealthy." "I want to know who it is," Jock told him. "Now." "I'll do my best," Harv said and stood up. "Thank you for the coffee." "I'll walk you out," Ellie stood up. "You know," Pam said, putting her glass of orange juice down. "The name Kiefer is very familiar to me." "He was the defense lawyer in the Berringer case," Bobby told her. "Remember? The woman who shot her husband dead in front of all those witnesses?" "Oh yes," Pam mused. "Wasn't she found not guilty?" "Yes," JR spoke for the first time. "Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. Emotional stress of finding her husband in bed with another woman." "JR," Jock growled, "you don't seem too upset about this!" "Why should I be?" JR shrugged. "She's entitled to a lawyer." "Not one that good, she's not." "She's entitled to whatever she can afford," JR said flatly. "And it seems to me like she can afford a lot." "Not for long," Jock seethed. "As soon as I find out who's footing her bills, I'll put a stop to it." JR shrugged again and turned his attention back to his breakfast. He was done talking about it. Nothing could be solved at the Southfork breakfast table anyway. *** "Mrs. Ewing, I'm sorry. I'm not at liberty to discuss your benefactor." "All I want to know is who it is!" "And I can't tell you. Do you clearly understand the terms of my representation?" "Yes," she nodded. "Whoever hired you will pay the full cost of any defense as long as I accept the restrictions." "And you understand those restrictions?" "Yes." "Repeat them to me, please." "I stay away from Southfork, away from JR, and away from my son." "That's right. Do you accept those terms?" Sue Ellen fought back her tears and nodded her head. "Yes. I don't really have any other choice do I?" "No you don't. Not if you want me to represent you. Do we have a deal?" "We do," she said softly. "Good," he pulled a legal pad and a pen out of his briefcase. "Now. I know this will be painful for you, but let's talk about your husband's extramarital affairs, shall we?" *** "There you go," JR laid little John Ross back down in his crib and covered him with a blanket. "It's alright, son. I know you miss your mama." "JR?" He stiffened at the sound of Pam's voice. "What?" "Nothing. I just came to check on John Ross." "He's fine. I just changed him." Pam watched JR ease himself back into his wheelchair. "You seem to be getting around a lot better." "I do fine," he told her. "Pam, can you do something for me?" "I guess that depends on what you want." "Sue Ellen…." He hesitated for a minute, trying to figure out how to ask for the favor without sounding weak. "What about Sue Ellen?" "She doesn't have anything...can you pack a bag or two for her and take it over to Kristen's?" Pam's eyes widened in shock. "JR… you…" "Look, I just want her stuff out of this house. If you don't want to do it…" "No!" Pam interrupted him. "No. I'll take care of it, JR." "Thank you," he grunted and rolled from the room. "You're welcome, JR," she muttered under her breath to herself, "you're very welcome." *** "I wouldn't read too much into it, Pam. He probably just wants to get rid of her stuff like he said." "Then why not just throw it all away?" Pam asked her husband. "Why go through the trouble of making sure she gets it all?" "Who knows?" Bobby shrugged, "but I can promise you it's not because he gives a damn what happens to her." "What about you?" "What about me?" "Do you care, Bobby? She's out there all alone and…" "She's not alone, Pam. She has her sister. And her high dollar lawyer." "Bobby, did it ever occur to you that she might be innocent?" "Of course it did! But the evidence.." he paused and took a deep breath. "Pam, you know how Daddy feels. We have to put Sue Ellen out of our lives." "Why? Because the high and mighty Jock Ewing has spoken?' "Because she tried to kill my brother, Pam." "We don't know that for sure!" Pam protested. "And even if she did, it's not like she didn't have good reason!" "Sue Ellen is gone, Pam," Bobby told her. "You have to let her go." Pam rolled her eyes and turned to walk from the room. "Oh no I don't," she grumbled. "And Jock Ewing can't make me." *** "Who do you think it is?" Kristen asked. "Bobby?" "No," Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip. "He wouldn't dare defy Jock that way." "Pam then?" "She would help me, I guess. But she doesn't have access to that much money without Bobby." "Then who? Cliff Barnes?" Sue Ellen laughed at that suggestion. "No way Cliff would put up a million dollars for my bail." "So you have a truly secret admirer," Kristen said "It seems so," Sue Ellen sighed. "But I doubt it will last long. Jock and JR will find out who it is and put a stop to it. Kristen, I am going to jail for a very long time. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top