Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 261904" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Four::</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Your benefactor cares very deeply about what happens to you and only wants what's best for you."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned the phrase over and over again in her mind.</p><p></p><p>Her lawyer had been careful not to give her even the slightest clue about her benefactor's identity. He was even avoiding the use of pronouns.</p><p></p><p>That small fact alone might be a clue though. Could it be that Kiefer wasn't calling whoever was helping her a "he" because it was a woman?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen didn't have any friends, she only had social contacts through the Ewings. She had Pam, but even if Pam was inclined to help her, there was no way she could spend that much money without Bobby knowing.</p><p></p><p>There was only one name that made sense to Sue Ellen - someone who cared for her but also cared enough about JR to make sure Sue Ellen wouldn't try to get close to or see him.</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen whispered to herself. "It HAS to be her. There's just no one else."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Are you telling me you still don't know who is paying that woman's bills?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Jock," Harv said nervously. *Whoever it is, they're being very careful. The bail was put up in cash."</p><p></p><p>"And the lawyer?" Jock demanded. "You get hold of his financial records?"</p><p></p><p>"I did," Harv nodded. "Unfortunately, he's being paid in cash as well."</p><p></p><p>"Is that legal?"</p><p></p><p>"Sure," Harv shrugged. "As long as he reports it as income."</p><p></p><p>Jock stood up and walked to the window. "Sue Ellen isn't a woman who has lots of friends. I think whoever is helping her is living under my roof."</p><p></p><p>"Jock…"</p><p></p><p>"I want you to go through Bobby's finances with a fine tooth comb. And find out if that wife of his somehow figured out a way to get that much money in her own name."</p><p></p><p>"Jock, I wish you wouldn't do this," Harv sighed.</p><p></p><p>"Then you're going to hate this," Jock told him evenly. "If you don't find anything suspicious on Bobby, I want you to check out my wife."</p><p></p><p>Harv dropped his eyes and nodded. "Alright Jock."</p><p></p><p>"And then JR."</p><p></p><p>"JR?" Harv's head snapped up. "Why would he help her? She tried to kill him!"</p><p></p><p>"She's still his wife and I don't like the way he's just rolling over like a trained dog and letting her see my grandson."</p><p></p><p>Harv thought the very idea was crazy, but he knew better than to argue with Jock Ewing. "Anyone else?"</p><p></p><p>"Not for now," Jock grumbled. "But I am going to find out who is defying me and cut them off at the knees."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen buried her head in her hands and cried softly.</p><p></p><p>Her session with Dr. Elby had been brutal. He'd forced her to talk about Kristen and JR. All of her hurt and betrayal and disgust had bubbled up to the surface.</p><p></p><p>She had known she was angry, but she truly hadn't realized how deeply heartbroken she was. </p><p></p><p>Before she'd left Dr. Elby's office, there had been no doubt in her mind that she could have shot JR. She had been drunk enough that any inhibitions or guilt would have been fully suppressed and she would have been glad to take her revenge.</p><p></p><p>She jumped in surprise when her doorbell rang. Her attorney was the only person who ever visited her, and she wasn't expecting him until later this afternoon.</p><p></p><p>She got up and walked to the door, looked through the peephole and smiled. "Pam!" She said opening the door. "What are you doing here? I'm not supposed to see John Ross until tomorrow!"</p><p></p><p>"I don't have John Ross," Pam said softly. "May we come in?"</p><p></p><p>"We?" Sue Ellen looked past Pam and saw Bobby for the first time. Her smile froze on her face and she turned ghost white when she saw who was standing beside her brother-in-law. "No," she gasped, her hand flying up to her mouth. "JR!"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Kristen opened her door and growled in annoyance when she saw Sue Ellen's lawyer. "What do you want?"</p><p></p><p>"To give you a warning," Kiefer told her.</p><p></p><p>*About what?"</p><p></p><p>"Your sister is starting to open up more and more. She's finally decided to fight for her freedom. I came here to tell you to stay away from her."</p><p></p><p>"Who is going to make me?" Kristen laughed at him. "You?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Not me."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen's mysterious secret admirer?"</p><p></p><p>"Let's just say that Mrs. Ewing's benefactor finds you to be... repugnant."</p><p></p><p>"Well, that's a shame. But I don't follow orders from phantoms."</p><p></p><p>"Miss Sheppard, let's put all our cards on the table. You were having an affair with JR Ewing and he dumped you. You have as strong a motive for shooting him as anyone else."</p><p></p><p>"True. But it's not my fingerprints on that gun, is it?"</p><p></p><p>"Just stay away from Mrs. Ewing."</p><p></p><p>Kristen watched him turn around and walk away. She shut her door and laughed lightly.</p><p></p><p>"Big sister must be in even bigger trouble than I thought."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, no one is going to hurt you or yell at you. We just want to talk."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen fixed her wide eyes on her sister-in-law and shook her head. "How could you do this? How could you bring him here?"</p><p></p><p>"Because I want you to be able to see John Ross as often as you want and this was his only condition."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen considered slamming the door in their faces, but she so desperately wanted to see her son more often. She backed away from the door and motioned for them to enter and take seats in the living room. "Well," she turned her eyes to her husband.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I only wanted to see for myself that you're sober," JR said. "You can't blame me for that, not if you want me to let you be alone with my son."</p><p></p><p>"OUR son," Sue Ellen snapped at him. "And why the surprise? The lawyers worked out a meeting for tomorrow morning at your request!"</p><p></p><p>"And knowing that would give you plenty of time to dry out," he growled. "Catching you by surprise is the only way I could be sure you weren't drowning yourself in booze."</p><p></p><p>"Well," Sue Ellen straightened her back and held her head high. "As you can see, I'm completely sober, JR. Satisfied?"</p><p></p><p>"You're not drinking at all?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Amazing how getting away from you lessened my urge to get drunk!"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," Pam cautioned her, "please let's be civil."</p><p></p><p>"Who's paying your bills, honey?" JR demanded suddenly.</p><p></p><p>"That's none of your business, JR," Sue Ellen said stiffly.</p><p></p><p>"Really?" JR let out a cruel laugh. "Last time I checked, you were still technically my wife. That big rock on your hand belongs to me. If you're earning your way in the world on your back, I think I have the right to know!"</p><p></p><p>"JR!" Bobby admonished his brother. "There's no call for that kind of talk!"</p><p></p><p>"It's alright, Bobby," Sue Ellen said with as much dignity as she could muster. "I don't expect any less from my dear, devoted husband."</p><p></p><p>"This was a mistake," Bobby muttered.</p><p></p><p>JR ignored his brother and focused his steely gaze on his wife. "Is a lover the one keeping you up, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"No," she folded her arms across her chest defiantly. "I don't have a lover. But even if I did, you'd hardly be in a position to judge me, would you?"</p><p></p><p>"Did you shoot me?" He asked her, ignoring her accusation.</p><p></p><p>"I… "</p><p></p><p>"There's no lawyers here, Sue Ellen. No judges. Whatever you say will be just between the four of us. Did you try to kill me?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep breath and lowered her eyes to the floor. "I honestly don't know, JR. I just can't remember."</p><p></p><p>JR rolled his eyes and stood up. "Suffering from a case of convenient amnesia I see." He looked her up and down and snorted in disgust. "You look awful Sue Ellen. Pale and weak. Like you haven't slept well in weeks. What's the matter, honey? Attack of your conscious?"</p><p></p><p>"Are you going to let me see John Ross more or not?" She asked him, determined not to let him bait her any further.</p><p></p><p>JR turned her question over in his mind for a few moments, then shrugged. "I don't see why not, so long as Pam is always present. He needs to spend some time with you so he'll have at least a vague memory of his mother before she gets shipped off to prison. Let's go," he barked at Pam and Bobby. "I've wasted enough of my life on this tramp."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 261904, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Four:: *** "Your benefactor cares very deeply about what happens to you and only wants what's best for you." Sue Ellen turned the phrase over and over again in her mind. Her lawyer had been careful not to give her even the slightest clue about her benefactor's identity. He was even avoiding the use of pronouns. That small fact alone might be a clue though. Could it be that Kiefer wasn't calling whoever was helping her a "he" because it was a woman?" Sue Ellen didn't have any friends, she only had social contacts through the Ewings. She had Pam, but even if Pam was inclined to help her, there was no way she could spend that much money without Bobby knowing. There was only one name that made sense to Sue Ellen - someone who cared for her but also cared enough about JR to make sure Sue Ellen wouldn't try to get close to or see him. "Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen whispered to herself. "It HAS to be her. There's just no one else." *** "Are you telling me you still don't know who is paying that woman's bills?" "I'm sorry, Jock," Harv said nervously. *Whoever it is, they're being very careful. The bail was put up in cash." "And the lawyer?" Jock demanded. "You get hold of his financial records?" "I did," Harv nodded. "Unfortunately, he's being paid in cash as well." "Is that legal?" "Sure," Harv shrugged. "As long as he reports it as income." Jock stood up and walked to the window. "Sue Ellen isn't a woman who has lots of friends. I think whoever is helping her is living under my roof." "Jock…" "I want you to go through Bobby's finances with a fine tooth comb. And find out if that wife of his somehow figured out a way to get that much money in her own name." "Jock, I wish you wouldn't do this," Harv sighed. "Then you're going to hate this," Jock told him evenly. "If you don't find anything suspicious on Bobby, I want you to check out my wife." Harv dropped his eyes and nodded. "Alright Jock." "And then JR." "JR?" Harv's head snapped up. "Why would he help her? She tried to kill him!" "She's still his wife and I don't like the way he's just rolling over like a trained dog and letting her see my grandson." Harv thought the very idea was crazy, but he knew better than to argue with Jock Ewing. "Anyone else?" "Not for now," Jock grumbled. "But I am going to find out who is defying me and cut them off at the knees." *** Sue Ellen buried her head in her hands and cried softly. Her session with Dr. Elby had been brutal. He'd forced her to talk about Kristen and JR. All of her hurt and betrayal and disgust had bubbled up to the surface. She had known she was angry, but she truly hadn't realized how deeply heartbroken she was. Before she'd left Dr. Elby's office, there had been no doubt in her mind that she could have shot JR. She had been drunk enough that any inhibitions or guilt would have been fully suppressed and she would have been glad to take her revenge. She jumped in surprise when her doorbell rang. Her attorney was the only person who ever visited her, and she wasn't expecting him until later this afternoon. She got up and walked to the door, looked through the peephole and smiled. "Pam!" She said opening the door. "What are you doing here? I'm not supposed to see John Ross until tomorrow!" "I don't have John Ross," Pam said softly. "May we come in?" "We?" Sue Ellen looked past Pam and saw Bobby for the first time. Her smile froze on her face and she turned ghost white when she saw who was standing beside her brother-in-law. "No," she gasped, her hand flying up to her mouth. "JR!" *** Kristen opened her door and growled in annoyance when she saw Sue Ellen's lawyer. "What do you want?" "To give you a warning," Kiefer told her. *About what?" "Your sister is starting to open up more and more. She's finally decided to fight for her freedom. I came here to tell you to stay away from her." "Who is going to make me?" Kristen laughed at him. "You?" "No. Not me." "Sue Ellen's mysterious secret admirer?" "Let's just say that Mrs. Ewing's benefactor finds you to be... repugnant." "Well, that's a shame. But I don't follow orders from phantoms." "Miss Sheppard, let's put all our cards on the table. You were having an affair with JR Ewing and he dumped you. You have as strong a motive for shooting him as anyone else." "True. But it's not my fingerprints on that gun, is it?" "Just stay away from Mrs. Ewing." Kristen watched him turn around and walk away. She shut her door and laughed lightly. "Big sister must be in even bigger trouble than I thought." *** "Sue Ellen, no one is going to hurt you or yell at you. We just want to talk." Sue Ellen fixed her wide eyes on her sister-in-law and shook her head. "How could you do this? How could you bring him here?" "Because I want you to be able to see John Ross as often as you want and this was his only condition." Sue Ellen considered slamming the door in their faces, but she so desperately wanted to see her son more often. She backed away from the door and motioned for them to enter and take seats in the living room. "Well," she turned her eyes to her husband. "Sue Ellen, I only wanted to see for myself that you're sober," JR said. "You can't blame me for that, not if you want me to let you be alone with my son." "OUR son," Sue Ellen snapped at him. "And why the surprise? The lawyers worked out a meeting for tomorrow morning at your request!" "And knowing that would give you plenty of time to dry out," he growled. "Catching you by surprise is the only way I could be sure you weren't drowning yourself in booze." "Well," Sue Ellen straightened her back and held her head high. "As you can see, I'm completely sober, JR. Satisfied?" "You're not drinking at all?" "No. Amazing how getting away from you lessened my urge to get drunk!" "Sue Ellen," Pam cautioned her, "please let's be civil." "Who's paying your bills, honey?" JR demanded suddenly. "That's none of your business, JR," Sue Ellen said stiffly. "Really?" JR let out a cruel laugh. "Last time I checked, you were still technically my wife. That big rock on your hand belongs to me. If you're earning your way in the world on your back, I think I have the right to know!" "JR!" Bobby admonished his brother. "There's no call for that kind of talk!" "It's alright, Bobby," Sue Ellen said with as much dignity as she could muster. "I don't expect any less from my dear, devoted husband." "This was a mistake," Bobby muttered. JR ignored his brother and focused his steely gaze on his wife. "Is a lover the one keeping you up, Sue Ellen?" "No," she folded her arms across her chest defiantly. "I don't have a lover. But even if I did, you'd hardly be in a position to judge me, would you?" "Did you shoot me?" He asked her, ignoring her accusation. "I… " "There's no lawyers here, Sue Ellen. No judges. Whatever you say will be just between the four of us. Did you try to kill me?" Sue Ellen took a deep breath and lowered her eyes to the floor. "I honestly don't know, JR. I just can't remember." JR rolled his eyes and stood up. "Suffering from a case of convenient amnesia I see." He looked her up and down and snorted in disgust. "You look awful Sue Ellen. Pale and weak. Like you haven't slept well in weeks. What's the matter, honey? Attack of your conscious?" "Are you going to let me see John Ross more or not?" She asked him, determined not to let him bait her any further. JR turned her question over in his mind for a few moments, then shrugged. "I don't see why not, so long as Pam is always present. He needs to spend some time with you so he'll have at least a vague memory of his mother before she gets shipped off to prison. Let's go," he barked at Pam and Bobby. "I've wasted enough of my life on this tramp." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top