Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 263741" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty-two:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Bobby Ewing, have you lost your mind!"</p><p></p><p>Bobby looked up from the papers on his desk and frowned. Pam had come bursting into his office without warning and she looked furious.</p><p></p><p>"It's alright, Phyllis," he nodded at his secretary, who was standing behind Pam with a stricken look on her face.</p><p></p><p>Pam waited for Phyliss to leave and close the door, then turned her angry eyes back to her husband. "I hope you're proud of yourself."</p><p></p><p>"Been talking to Sue Ellen?" He asked her.</p><p></p><p>"Yes! Didn't it ever occur to you that she's too emotionally fragile to get pulled into the middle of a fight for Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p>"I didn't drag her into this. My father did."</p><p></p><p>"And you should have confronted HIM, Bobby, not Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"It doesn't matter now. JR came in here today and confessed the whole scheme."</p><p></p><p>"Why would he do that?"</p><p></p><p>"He said he knew Daddy would never give either one of us total control of the company and he would keep using Ewing Oil to hang over our heads so he could bend us to his will."</p><p></p><p>"He's right."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And I should have had more faith in him."</p><p></p><p>"JR has done so many sneaky and underhanded things I can't blame you for not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sue Ellen on the other hand…"</p><p></p><p>"How badly did I screw up?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Bobby," Pam shook her head sadly. "When I got there she was packing her things."</p><p></p><p>"God, no. She's leaving JR?"</p><p></p><p>"I tried to talk some sense into her," Pam sighed, "but she's still on the fence."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe I should go talk to her again."</p><p></p><p>"No. You've done enough damage. But we need to warn JR that she knows."</p><p></p><p>"He isn't here. He said he was going to have a drink before he went home."</p><p></p><p>"Did he say where he was drinking?"</p><p></p><p>"The Cattleman's Club. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm going to talk to him."</p><p></p><p>"Pam, JR has been softer towards you, but he won't take well to you interfering in his marriage."</p><p></p><p>"Well, that's just too damned bad!" Pam snapped. "Sue Ellen trusts me and confides in me. If he truly wants to save his marriage he'll sit there and listen to what I have to say. Besides, I'm not going to give him a choice."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen splashed some cold water on her face and reached for a towel.</p><p></p><p>She didn't know what to do.</p><p></p><p>She's made up her mind once and for all to leave JR, but then Pam…</p><p></p><p>She loved JR. She knew she'd never be truly happy without him. But he…</p><p></p><p>He couldn't seem to be honest with her - not about his feelings, not about his business, not even about their sex life.</p><p></p><p>What kind of marriage would they be able to have if he never trusted her enough to tell her the truth?</p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR," Sue Ellen cried softly. "You should have told me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR slammed down his third drink and waved at Cassie to bring him another.</p><p></p><p>He knew he needed to get home. His argument with Sue Ellen this morning needed to be smoothed over. Plus, he needed to tell her about Jock's crazy scheme and how he intended to deal with it.</p><p></p><p>He'd thought about her all day. She seemed to think he didn't want her. The idea of that would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous for their marriage for her to think that way.</p><p></p><p>He'd always wanted her - from the moment he'd laid eyes on her in that beauty contest. But…</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen had been so innocent. And so sweet. And so incredibly dignified.</p><p></p><p>In the early days of their marriage, he had been consumed with her. No matter how many times he took her, he always wanted more.</p><p></p><p>But then…</p><p></p><p>Then had come that stupid night of drunken sex with Julie after he'd closed a major deal for Ewing Oil. JR had been so guilty. He couldn't even look his wife in the eyes when he'd seen her again.</p><p></p><p>After that night, they had drifted further and further apart. And he'd taken his pleasure wherever he could find it, using Julie and all the other women to give him the things he could never expect his wife to provide.</p><p></p><p>After a while, he'd stopped making love to Sue Ellen all together. She'd reacted with anger and coldness. Eventually their marriage had become a complete and total sham.</p><p></p><p>Now he had the opportunity to fix things; to set them right. He just didn't know how he was supposed to talk to Sue Ellen about any of this. </p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR looked up and arched his eyebrows in surprise when he saw his sister-in-law. "Pam? What are you doing here."</p><p></p><p>"We need to talk," Pam slid into a chair across from him. "And if you really want to save your marriage, you'll pay very close attention to what I have to say."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"McSween? Call on line four."</p><p></p><p>Harry nodded at the young officer and picked up the phone. "McSween here. Yeah. Yeah. Wait. What? Who is this? Okay, no. Stay where you are. I'll be there in 30 minutes."</p><p></p><p>"Phillips!" He yelled at the other detective across the squad room. "Let's go."</p><p></p><p>"Where?" Phillips called back to him.</p><p></p><p>"We have a lead on Kristen Sheppard. Got a caller who says he knows how to find her."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You know I want to strangle your husband," JR growled.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Pam sighed, "and you know I can't let you do that."</p><p></p><p>"How was she when you left her?"</p><p></p><p>"Upset. Sad. Scared. I don't think she'll leave without telling you, but I wouldn't stake my life on it."</p><p></p><p>JR finished his drink and shook his head. "It'll be a scene. She'll have worked herself up into quite a tizzy by now."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Pam agreed. "You have to be careful with her."</p><p></p><p>"I'll do my best. Listen, thanks for warning me. Things would have gone real bad it an real hurry if I'd walked in there not expecting her to be angry."</p><p></p><p>"You're welcome, JR," Pam smiled at him.</p><p></p><p>"How's your brother?" JR asked, abruptly changing the subject.</p><p></p><p>"No change," Pam said sadly. "Everyday that he stays in a coma, the chances are less and less that he'll wake up.*</p><p></p><p>"You know me too well to believe I care one bit what happens to that bastard. But believe it or not, I am sorry for you."</p><p></p><p>"I believe you, JR. Listen, there's one other thing I need to tell you about Sue Ellen…" she hesitated. JR might be grateful she'd told him about Bobby, but he wouldn't be pleased if she brought up his sex life.</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"She thinks...she doesn't…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" He snapped. "Spit it out."</p><p></p><p>"She thinks you don't want her... sexually."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I know," JR laughed, pulling his wallet out of his jacket, throwing some bills on the table, and standing up. "Don't you worry about that. By the time I'm done with her tonight, she'll never question how much I want her ever again."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Lucy" Sue Ellen hugged the younger woman. "I really appreciate this."</p><p></p><p>"No, worries," Lucy hugged her back. "Grandpa and Grandma will be thrilled to see John Ross."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen sighed. "I'm sure they will be."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, are you coming back to Southfork?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen walked away from her niece and stared out the window. "No, Lucy. I'm not "</p><p></p><p>"Have you told JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Not yet. I plan to tell him tonight. That's one of the reasons I wanted you to come get John Ross. I don't want him to hear the fight I know is coming."</p><p></p><p>"JR won't like it," Lucy said softly.</p><p></p><p>"I know," Sue Ellen shrugged. "But if wants to stay married to me, he'll accept my decision."</p><p></p><p>"And if he doesn't?"</p><p></p><p>"Then I guess I'll be needing a good divorce attorney."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 263741, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty-two: *** "Bobby Ewing, have you lost your mind!" Bobby looked up from the papers on his desk and frowned. Pam had come bursting into his office without warning and she looked furious. "It's alright, Phyllis," he nodded at his secretary, who was standing behind Pam with a stricken look on her face. Pam waited for Phyliss to leave and close the door, then turned her angry eyes back to her husband. "I hope you're proud of yourself." "Been talking to Sue Ellen?" He asked her. "Yes! Didn't it ever occur to you that she's too emotionally fragile to get pulled into the middle of a fight for Ewing Oil?" "I didn't drag her into this. My father did." "And you should have confronted HIM, Bobby, not Sue Ellen." "It doesn't matter now. JR came in here today and confessed the whole scheme." "Why would he do that?" "He said he knew Daddy would never give either one of us total control of the company and he would keep using Ewing Oil to hang over our heads so he could bend us to his will." "He's right." "Yes. And I should have had more faith in him." "JR has done so many sneaky and underhanded things I can't blame you for not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sue Ellen on the other hand…" "How badly did I screw up?" "I don't know, Bobby," Pam shook her head sadly. "When I got there she was packing her things." "God, no. She's leaving JR?" "I tried to talk some sense into her," Pam sighed, "but she's still on the fence." "Maybe I should go talk to her again." "No. You've done enough damage. But we need to warn JR that she knows." "He isn't here. He said he was going to have a drink before he went home." "Did he say where he was drinking?" "The Cattleman's Club. Why?" "I'm going to talk to him." "Pam, JR has been softer towards you, but he won't take well to you interfering in his marriage." "Well, that's just too damned bad!" Pam snapped. "Sue Ellen trusts me and confides in me. If he truly wants to save his marriage he'll sit there and listen to what I have to say. Besides, I'm not going to give him a choice." *** Sue Ellen splashed some cold water on her face and reached for a towel. She didn't know what to do. She's made up her mind once and for all to leave JR, but then Pam… She loved JR. She knew she'd never be truly happy without him. But he… He couldn't seem to be honest with her - not about his feelings, not about his business, not even about their sex life. What kind of marriage would they be able to have if he never trusted her enough to tell her the truth? "Oh, JR," Sue Ellen cried softly. "You should have told me." *** JR slammed down his third drink and waved at Cassie to bring him another. He knew he needed to get home. His argument with Sue Ellen this morning needed to be smoothed over. Plus, he needed to tell her about Jock's crazy scheme and how he intended to deal with it. He'd thought about her all day. She seemed to think he didn't want her. The idea of that would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous for their marriage for her to think that way. He'd always wanted her - from the moment he'd laid eyes on her in that beauty contest. But… Sue Ellen had been so innocent. And so sweet. And so incredibly dignified. In the early days of their marriage, he had been consumed with her. No matter how many times he took her, he always wanted more. But then… Then had come that stupid night of drunken sex with Julie after he'd closed a major deal for Ewing Oil. JR had been so guilty. He couldn't even look his wife in the eyes when he'd seen her again. After that night, they had drifted further and further apart. And he'd taken his pleasure wherever he could find it, using Julie and all the other women to give him the things he could never expect his wife to provide. After a while, he'd stopped making love to Sue Ellen all together. She'd reacted with anger and coldness. Eventually their marriage had become a complete and total sham. Now he had the opportunity to fix things; to set them right. He just didn't know how he was supposed to talk to Sue Ellen about any of this. "JR?" JR looked up and arched his eyebrows in surprise when he saw his sister-in-law. "Pam? What are you doing here." "We need to talk," Pam slid into a chair across from him. "And if you really want to save your marriage, you'll pay very close attention to what I have to say." *** "McSween? Call on line four." Harry nodded at the young officer and picked up the phone. "McSween here. Yeah. Yeah. Wait. What? Who is this? Okay, no. Stay where you are. I'll be there in 30 minutes." "Phillips!" He yelled at the other detective across the squad room. "Let's go." "Where?" Phillips called back to him. "We have a lead on Kristen Sheppard. Got a caller who says he knows how to find her." *** "You know I want to strangle your husband," JR growled. "Yes," Pam sighed, "and you know I can't let you do that." "How was she when you left her?" "Upset. Sad. Scared. I don't think she'll leave without telling you, but I wouldn't stake my life on it." JR finished his drink and shook his head. "It'll be a scene. She'll have worked herself up into quite a tizzy by now." "Yes," Pam agreed. "You have to be careful with her." "I'll do my best. Listen, thanks for warning me. Things would have gone real bad it an real hurry if I'd walked in there not expecting her to be angry." "You're welcome, JR," Pam smiled at him. "How's your brother?" JR asked, abruptly changing the subject. "No change," Pam said sadly. "Everyday that he stays in a coma, the chances are less and less that he'll wake up.* "You know me too well to believe I care one bit what happens to that bastard. But believe it or not, I am sorry for you." "I believe you, JR. Listen, there's one other thing I need to tell you about Sue Ellen…" she hesitated. JR might be grateful she'd told him about Bobby, but he wouldn't be pleased if she brought up his sex life. "What?" "She thinks...she doesn't…" "What?" He snapped. "Spit it out." "She thinks you don't want her... sexually." "Yes, I know," JR laughed, pulling his wallet out of his jacket, throwing some bills on the table, and standing up. "Don't you worry about that. By the time I'm done with her tonight, she'll never question how much I want her ever again." *** "Thank you, Lucy" Sue Ellen hugged the younger woman. "I really appreciate this." "No, worries," Lucy hugged her back. "Grandpa and Grandma will be thrilled to see John Ross." "Yes," Sue Ellen sighed. "I'm sure they will be." "Sue Ellen, are you coming back to Southfork?" Sue Ellen walked away from her niece and stared out the window. "No, Lucy. I'm not " "Have you told JR?" "Not yet. I plan to tell him tonight. That's one of the reasons I wanted you to come get John Ross. I don't want him to hear the fight I know is coming." "JR won't like it," Lucy said softly. "I know," Sue Ellen shrugged. "But if wants to stay married to me, he'll accept my decision." "And if he doesn't?" "Then I guess I'll be needing a good divorce attorney." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top