Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 266070" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Forty-one:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Is she alright?"</p><p></p><p>Kiefer looked at his client and shook his head. "I honestly don't know. I understand Sue Ellen is your daughter and you're worried about her, but we have bigger problems right now. The tape the DA gave me is very damaging."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Well, you knew from the beginning that Barnes lied."</p><p></p><p>"I suspected. I didn't know. Mrs. Sheppard, we're going to need to make a deal. I'm afraid you'll have to do some time. The tape proves malice, but it also proves emotional distress. That may mitigate your punishment."</p><p></p><p>"Fine," Patricia shrugged. "I don't really care how much time I have to do. Please just find out Sue Ellen's condition. I need to know if she's going to be alright. That's all I care about now."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well Mama?" Bobby asked. "What's this all about?"</p><p></p><p>Bobby and Gary had managed to separate JR a s Ray. Lucy had come in with John Ross in the middle of the melee and been sent upstairs with strict Instructions not to come down until she was sent for. All four Ewing sons now sat around Miss Ellie in the living room waiting for her to tell them why she'd called them together.</p><p></p><p>"Your father…" Ellie paused and took a deep breath. "Jock is a hard man. You've all always known that. He's pigheaded and stubborn and can be very selfish. Always has been."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR agreed. "But you didn't ask us all to come here just to tell us something we all already knew."</p><p></p><p>"No," Ellie said softly. "I didn't."</p><p></p><p>She stood up and walked over to the bar, fixing herself a drink. Ellie almost never drank alcohol until dinner time, but she needed a little courage to help her continue.</p><p></p><p>"Jock and I were awful parents," she finally spoke again. "I hope you understand that I loved all my boys very much. But Jock… he had very strong convictions about how you all should be raised. JR was his firstborn. He insisted I back off and stop mothering him. He intended for JR to carry his legacy and so I allowed him to take over raising him. Then I compensated by over-mothering Gary. By the time Bobby came along, we had already done so much damage to JR and Gary that I looked at Bobby as my last chance to get it right."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby and JR - everything you said to me and your father about pitting the two of you against one another is true. For Jock, it was about proving he'd raised JR to be a winner. For me it was about proving the child I raised was just as strong as the one he raised. And I… I stupidly blamed JR for running off Gary. It was easier for me than admitting I should have stepped in and protected him."</p><p></p><p>"Mama," Gary spoke up, "why bring all this up now? And what does he," Gary pointed at Ray," "have to do with anything?"</p><p></p><p>"Please, Gary," Ellie whispered in a broken voice, "just let me do this at my own pace. I promise it will all make sense when I'm finished. What I'm going to say is going to be so painful for you all to have to hear. But it has to be done. And I need you all to understand that I'm not doing this to hurt you; I'm doing it to save you."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"No, Lucy," Pam sighed into the phone, "just do what Miss Ellie asked and stay upstairs until it's over. Uncle Bobby and I will explain it all later. I promise. Alright. Talk to you soon."</p><p></p><p>"What happened?"</p><p></p><p>Pam put the phone down and turned her gaze to Sue Ellen. "Miss Ellie called all the Ewing brothers to Southfork. ALL of them."</p><p></p><p>"Including Ray?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And when Lucy and John Ross got home, JR and Ray were rolling around fighting on the floor with Bobby and Gary trying to break them up."</p><p></p><p>"Oh my God," tears started streaming down Sue Ellen's face again.</p><p></p><p>"It'll all be okay," Pam reached out and patted her friend's hand. "JR is so worried about you and under so much stress. He probably just snapped. It's hard for Bobby to accept Ray as his brother. It must be pure torture for JR."</p><p></p><p>"No, Pam," Sue Ellen sobbed, "you don't understand!"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Pam sat up straight in her chair, "what don't I understand?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen couldn't answer. She cried violently, the force of her sobs shaking her whole body.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen!" Pam stood up and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed. "What is it?"</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Pam. I finally did it. I completely and totally destroyed my marriage. And I've probably destroyed the entire family too!"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p>Miss Ellie took a deep breath and continued.</p><p></p><p>"Jock and I had a difficult marriage from the beginning. I married him to save my home. He married me because I was a prize he wanted - something to chase, win, and possess. I hated his stupid fued with Digger Barnes. I hated how he ran around with other women then came home expecting me to have his dinner on the table and his children taken care of. Bobby, I don't know how much you remember, but I have always been well aware that both Gary and JR knew about Jock's other women. In the early days, he didn't make much of an effort to hide his infidelity. Years went by. I was so miserable that I wasn't able to function as a proper mother to any of you."</p><p></p><p>"I only threatened divorce once - when Jock brought one of his women into this house. I went so far as to pack all Jock's things and speak to a divorce attorney. Jock talked me out of it. He promised to change, to stop running around with other women and to start treating me like a wife and not a prize. I gave him another chance. Back in those days, a divorced woman was a scarlet woman. I wasn't sure I could make it on my own - especially not with three little boys to care for."</p><p></p><p>"It's important for you all to know that from that point on, your father kept his promise to me. He stopped cheating and he treated me with respect and care. I fell deeply in love with him. And I love him still. But now…"</p><p></p><p>She paused and took a sip of her drink.</p><p></p><p>"Ray, I knew Jock had had an affair with your mother when you first came to Southfork. I always suspected…"</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Miss Ellie…" Ray whispered brokenly.</p><p></p><p>"I never pushed it because deep in my heart I didn't want to know the truth. But the news that you're Jock's son doesn't come as a complete shock to me."</p><p></p><p>"Wait!" Gary jumped out of his seat. "What?!"</p><p></p><p>"It's true, Gary," Ellie told him. "Jock had an affair with Ray's mother during the war and Ray is the result of that affair."</p><p></p><p>"How long have you known?" Gary demanded "How long have all of you known?"</p><p></p><p>"I found out this morning," Ellie answered. "Ray has known for a couple of days, JR and Bobby since last night. Jock has known for months."</p><p></p><p>"Mama, how did you find out?" Bobby asked her.</p><p></p><p>"Harv Smithfield came by this morning. He told me everything."</p><p></p><p>"Why?" JR asked. "He's Daddy's lawyer. He could get into a lot of trouble."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. He did it anyway. He felt that it was necessary because Jock…"</p><p></p><p>"Jock what?" JR pushed her.</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Boys. I don't know how to tell you this except to just come right out and say it. Your father is a very ill man. And that's why he's acting so...horribly. Boys - your father… he thinks he's dying."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 266070, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Forty-one: *** "Is she alright?" Kiefer looked at his client and shook his head. "I honestly don't know. I understand Sue Ellen is your daughter and you're worried about her, but we have bigger problems right now. The tape the DA gave me is very damaging." "Yes. Well, you knew from the beginning that Barnes lied." "I suspected. I didn't know. Mrs. Sheppard, we're going to need to make a deal. I'm afraid you'll have to do some time. The tape proves malice, but it also proves emotional distress. That may mitigate your punishment." "Fine," Patricia shrugged. "I don't really care how much time I have to do. Please just find out Sue Ellen's condition. I need to know if she's going to be alright. That's all I care about now." *** "Well Mama?" Bobby asked. "What's this all about?" Bobby and Gary had managed to separate JR a s Ray. Lucy had come in with John Ross in the middle of the melee and been sent upstairs with strict Instructions not to come down until she was sent for. All four Ewing sons now sat around Miss Ellie in the living room waiting for her to tell them why she'd called them together. "Your father…" Ellie paused and took a deep breath. "Jock is a hard man. You've all always known that. He's pigheaded and stubborn and can be very selfish. Always has been." "Yes," JR agreed. "But you didn't ask us all to come here just to tell us something we all already knew." "No," Ellie said softly. "I didn't." She stood up and walked over to the bar, fixing herself a drink. Ellie almost never drank alcohol until dinner time, but she needed a little courage to help her continue. "Jock and I were awful parents," she finally spoke again. "I hope you understand that I loved all my boys very much. But Jock… he had very strong convictions about how you all should be raised. JR was his firstborn. He insisted I back off and stop mothering him. He intended for JR to carry his legacy and so I allowed him to take over raising him. Then I compensated by over-mothering Gary. By the time Bobby came along, we had already done so much damage to JR and Gary that I looked at Bobby as my last chance to get it right." "Bobby and JR - everything you said to me and your father about pitting the two of you against one another is true. For Jock, it was about proving he'd raised JR to be a winner. For me it was about proving the child I raised was just as strong as the one he raised. And I… I stupidly blamed JR for running off Gary. It was easier for me than admitting I should have stepped in and protected him." "Mama," Gary spoke up, "why bring all this up now? And what does he," Gary pointed at Ray," "have to do with anything?" "Please, Gary," Ellie whispered in a broken voice, "just let me do this at my own pace. I promise it will all make sense when I'm finished. What I'm going to say is going to be so painful for you all to have to hear. But it has to be done. And I need you all to understand that I'm not doing this to hurt you; I'm doing it to save you." *** "No, Lucy," Pam sighed into the phone, "just do what Miss Ellie asked and stay upstairs until it's over. Uncle Bobby and I will explain it all later. I promise. Alright. Talk to you soon." "What happened?" Pam put the phone down and turned her gaze to Sue Ellen. "Miss Ellie called all the Ewing brothers to Southfork. ALL of them." "Including Ray?" "Yes. And when Lucy and John Ross got home, JR and Ray were rolling around fighting on the floor with Bobby and Gary trying to break them up." "Oh my God," tears started streaming down Sue Ellen's face again. "It'll all be okay," Pam reached out and patted her friend's hand. "JR is so worried about you and under so much stress. He probably just snapped. It's hard for Bobby to accept Ray as his brother. It must be pure torture for JR." "No, Pam," Sue Ellen sobbed, "you don't understand!" "What?" Pam sat up straight in her chair, "what don't I understand?" Sue Ellen couldn't answer. She cried violently, the force of her sobs shaking her whole body. "Sue Ellen!" Pam stood up and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed. "What is it?" "Oh, Pam. I finally did it. I completely and totally destroyed my marriage. And I've probably destroyed the entire family too!" *** Miss Ellie took a deep breath and continued. "Jock and I had a difficult marriage from the beginning. I married him to save my home. He married me because I was a prize he wanted - something to chase, win, and possess. I hated his stupid fued with Digger Barnes. I hated how he ran around with other women then came home expecting me to have his dinner on the table and his children taken care of. Bobby, I don't know how much you remember, but I have always been well aware that both Gary and JR knew about Jock's other women. In the early days, he didn't make much of an effort to hide his infidelity. Years went by. I was so miserable that I wasn't able to function as a proper mother to any of you." "I only threatened divorce once - when Jock brought one of his women into this house. I went so far as to pack all Jock's things and speak to a divorce attorney. Jock talked me out of it. He promised to change, to stop running around with other women and to start treating me like a wife and not a prize. I gave him another chance. Back in those days, a divorced woman was a scarlet woman. I wasn't sure I could make it on my own - especially not with three little boys to care for." "It's important for you all to know that from that point on, your father kept his promise to me. He stopped cheating and he treated me with respect and care. I fell deeply in love with him. And I love him still. But now…" She paused and took a sip of her drink. "Ray, I knew Jock had had an affair with your mother when you first came to Southfork. I always suspected…" "Oh, Miss Ellie…" Ray whispered brokenly. "I never pushed it because deep in my heart I didn't want to know the truth. But the news that you're Jock's son doesn't come as a complete shock to me." "Wait!" Gary jumped out of his seat. "What?!" "It's true, Gary," Ellie told him. "Jock had an affair with Ray's mother during the war and Ray is the result of that affair." "How long have you known?" Gary demanded "How long have all of you known?" "I found out this morning," Ellie answered. "Ray has known for a couple of days, JR and Bobby since last night. Jock has known for months." "Mama, how did you find out?" Bobby asked her. "Harv Smithfield came by this morning. He told me everything." "Why?" JR asked. "He's Daddy's lawyer. He could get into a lot of trouble." "Yes. He did it anyway. He felt that it was necessary because Jock…" "Jock what?" JR pushed her. "I'm sorry, Boys. I don't know how to tell you this except to just come right out and say it. Your father is a very ill man. And that's why he's acting so...horribly. Boys - your father… he thinks he's dying." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top