Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 266132" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Forty-two:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Sue Ellen…" Pam shook her head and squeezed the other woman's hand tightly. "I'm so, so sorry."</p><p></p><p>"He'll never forgive me! And now...now that I'm pregnant again, he won't ever let me go, no matter how much he hates me!"</p><p></p><p>"Oh, honey, JR doesn't hate you."</p><p></p><p>"Of course he does! I slept with his brother! I should have never told him!"</p><p></p><p>"You had to tell him, Sue Ellen. Keeping that secret would have destroyed you and your marriage."</p><p></p><p>"Pam, I'm so scared! And weak! I am lying here knowing I have this tiny little person inside of me but all I want is a drink! God help me, I don't even want it."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, what do you mean you don't want it? Of course you do! That baby was conceived out of your and JR's love!"</p><p></p><p>"Love," Sue Ellen laughed bitterly. "If he loves me then where is he? He can't even stand to look at me!"</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Pam leaned forward and kissed her sister-in-law on the cheek, "you listen to me. You're a hell of a lot stronger than you think you are. I know this hurts, but it isn't the end of the world. You made a mistake. But you were drunk and neglected and you had no idea Ray was JR's brother. And JR…"</p><p></p><p>"JR what?"</p><p></p><p>"He doesn't hate you, Sue Ellen," Pam said softly. "He knew last night...but this morning...oh, Sue Ellen. If you could have seen how scared he was, how worried. All that was on his mind was you and whether or not you were okay. Bobby had to physically restrain him because he wouldn't let go of your hand long enough for the doctors to take care of you. JR is a jerk and he's mad. But he loves you so much. I've seen it with my own eyes. You're right. He won't ever let you go. But it's not because of the baby. It's because he loves you so much that he can't live without you."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shook her head, her eyes full of sad doubt. "I don't think so, Pam."</p><p></p><p>"Then you're wrong," Pam told her. "And you have two choices, Sue Ellen. You can lay here in this bed and wallow in your misery, think about drinking and harming that baby and yourself or…"</p><p></p><p>"Or what?"</p><p></p><p>"Or you can straighten up and fight for the man you love."</p><p></p><p>"Fight for him how?"</p><p></p><p>"Well," Pam winked at her, "it's like JR always says: we all use what we have, honey."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR was drunk.</p><p></p><p>Miss Ellie had told them everything.</p><p></p><p>It had happened during Sue Ellen's trial. </p><p></p><p>JR had assumed that Jock stopped coming to court everyday because he was angry. Turns out it was because he was sick.</p><p></p><p>It was a heart attack. Minor enough that Jock thought he just had a bad case of indigestion. But then the headaches had started and he'd gone to see his doctor.</p><p></p><p>They'd discovered blood clots and determined Jock had had a series of mini strokes. The strokes had affected the area of his brain that controlled emotion and impulse.</p><p></p><p>Jock became obsessed with the idea he was going to die and had set about securing his legacy with naked ruthlessness. Not that any of that excised Jock's basic character flaws, but at least it explained his recent insanity.</p><p></p><p>After Miss Ellie finished talking to all four Ewing boys, she'd sent Gary and Bobby out of the room. She'd told him and Ray that Jock knew about the one night stand, that she knew about it, and that they needed to work it out.</p><p></p><p>JR had listened silently as Ray told him that he and Sue Ellen had both been drunk, that Sue Ellen had cried and kicked him out after, and that she'd refused to even speak to him for weeks.</p><p></p><p>JR hadn't said one word. He'd let Ray finish then stood up, walked straight out the front door, and driven to the nearest bar where he'd been drowning his sorrows for hours.</p><p></p><p>He knew he needed to go back to the hospital and check on Sue Ellen, but he couldn't face her yet.</p><p></p><p>He remembered that night.</p><p></p><p>She'd come to him. She had wanted him.</p><p></p><p>And he'd rejected her. It had disturbed him so much to see his wife drunk and demanding sexual attention. He didn't know how to handle it. He'd told her he'd buy her a puppy and stormed away.</p><p></p><p>He'd left her there, standing in the driveway in her nightgown, screaming and begging him to come back.</p><p></p><p>And that's how Ray had found her. Rejected. Discarded. Ignored.</p><p></p><p>She slept with Ray because she had desperately needed JR, but he'd turned away from her in the cruelest way possible.</p><p></p><p>Ray was the first time she cheated.</p><p></p><p>And it wasn't her fault. JR knew he was solely to blame.</p><p></p><p>And he just couldn't face her.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"No, Pam. I refuse to get involved."</p><p></p><p>Pam growled under her breath and narrowed her eyes on Bobby's face."I'm not asking you to get involved. I'm asking you to go get JR and take him to Sue Ellen. That's it."</p><p></p><p>"That's it?" Bobby repeated incredulously. "That's a damn lot! You have no idea what he's going through. You have no idea what ANY of us are going through! I just found out my Daddy is a very sick man. Do you even care, Pam?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course I care!" Pam snapped. "How could you even ask me that?"</p><p></p><p>"Because you haven't asked one thing about how he's doing or even how I feel about all of this. You're obsessed with Sue Ellen! Pam that baby is hers. Not yours. Whatever happens to it is up to her and her alone!"</p><p></p><p>"Bobby…" Pam hesitated for a minute and took a deep breath. "I know you love your father. But is there anything you can do for him right now?"</p><p></p><p>"No," Bobby growled in frustration.</p><p></p><p>"And you love your brother too, right?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course!"</p><p></p><p>"Well, there IS something you can do for him. He's angry and hurt and probably feels guilty. And he's refusing to face up to his responsibility to his wife. She's scared and alone and she may do something incredibly rash that she'll regret for the rest of her life. And if she does, JR will never forgive himself. And Sue Ellen will be so eaten up with guilt that she'll never recover. We can't help Jock. We can help JR and Sue Ellen. And we should."</p><p></p><p>Bobby looked at her and shook his head. "Alright, Pam. You're right. I'll go get him."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry for what I said about the baby."</p><p></p><p>"It's alright.I know you're hurting too."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I am. But I shouldn't take it out on you."</p><p></p><p>Pam wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I love you, Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"I love you too, Pam."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR put his key in the door and stumbled inside. He needed a shower and some coffee. He needed to go see his wife but he couldn't show himself to her in her current condition.</p><p></p><p>"JR? Is that you?"</p><p></p><p>JR's eyes narrowed as they struggled to adjust to the dark. "Who's there?"</p><p></p><p>"It's me, Miranda."</p><p></p><p>"What are you doing here?" He asked her. "Lucy took John Ross to the ranch hours ago."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I stayed in case you needed me."</p><p></p><p>"You're the nanny and the kid isn't here so why in the hell would I need you?"</p><p></p><p>Miranda walked up to him and stood so close that her body was almost touching his. "You've been so nice to me. I know you're worried and under a lot of stress. I thought maybe you might need a friendly ear."</p><p></p><p>JR let his eyes rake over her. She was dressed in tight, short white shorts and a thin white tank top. It was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra. Her nipples pushed against the thin material of her shirt, tempting him to reach out and cup her young, round, firm breasts. "A friendly ear?" JR asked. "Is that the only part of you you're offering up?"</p><p></p><p>Miranda raised her face to meet his eyes and licked her lower lip seductively. "I suppose that depends on what parts of me you want."</p><p></p><p>JR growled, reached out, and tangled his hands in her long dark hair. He brought his face down to rest against her neck and inhaled her scent deeply. "I'm drunk," he told her.</p><p></p><p>She brought her arms up to wrap around his neck. She pressed herself against him and whispered into his ear, "that's okay, JR. I don't mind."</p><p></p><p>JR groaned and dropped his hands to cup her firm bottom. "You're so young and so sexy."</p><p></p><p>She giggled and flicked her tongue out to tease the sensitive skin of his earlobe. "You're sexy too. I want you, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR closed his eyes and fought every instinct in his body. She was young and beautiful and he was drunk and turned on.He admitted to himself that he wanted her.</p><p></p><p>Except he didn't. Not really. He wanted a physical release. She was a warm and willing body, but that's all she was. </p><p></p><p>"JR," she moaned, reaching down to cup his manhood. "Please let me please you."</p><p></p><p>JR swallowed hard, closed his eyes, and pushed her forcefully away from his body. "Get out," his voice was low and gutteral. "And don't you dare come back."</p><p></p><p>"What? Why? You want me…"</p><p></p><p>"What I want I could do for myself and not hurt my wife. Leave. Before I throw you out myself."</p><p></p><p>He watched her as she silently collected her things and moved towards the door. "I would have let you," she told him. "But I'm really glad you didn't."</p><p></p><p>She opened the door and was stunned to see Bobby standing on the other side, his hand in the air poised to knock.</p><p></p><p>"Excuse me," she muttered, brushing past him.</p><p></p><p>"JR," Bobby snarled, "I can't believe you! Sue Ellen is in the hospital…"</p><p></p><p>"I didn't do a damn thing with that girl!" JR protested. "What the hell are you doing here?"</p><p></p><p>"I came to take you to your wife."</p><p></p><p>"I'm drunk," JR informed him. "I need a shower and some coffee."</p><p></p><p>"JR... are you telling me nothing happened between you and the nanny?"</p><p></p><p>"Nothing important," JR growled. "She offered. I was tempted. But I came to my senses and kicked her out. Not that it's any of your business anyway. Are you going to drive me to the hospital or not?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby sighed and shut the front door. "I am."</p><p></p><p>"Then put on a pot of coffee. I'll be out of the shower in a few minutes."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR strode into the bedroom and took a deep breath. It had cost him his satisfaction and his pride, but he'd resisted temptation and turned down what Miranda had so willingly offered him.</p><p></p><p>He loved his wife. And he was going to go to her and make sure she knew it.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Jock opened the door and narrowed his eyes when he saw who was on the other side. "Finally come to your senses and decide to come beg me to come home?"</p><p></p><p>"No," Ellie told him evenly. "I came to tell you that I know everything. I know about Ray. I know about Sue Ellen sleeping with Ray. And I know you haven't been well."</p><p></p><p>"How…" Jock backed up and let her into the apartment. "How did you find out?"</p><p></p><p>"That doesn't matter, Jock," Ellie sighed heavily. "What does matter is this. I love you. I always will. But I love my children more. JR and Sue Ellen have both made some very questionable decisions. But they love one another. JR will never be happy without her. She is his wife and the mother of his children and I won't have you drag her name through the mud in a vain attempt to run her out of his life. Pam and Bobby are very happy together and I won't tolerate you running her down simply because you don't like her family. Gary has built a life for himself and Valene in California and you're going to accept that's what he wants and support him. And Ray Krebbs is a fine man who loves you and our family and you will NOT use him to hurt the rest of us."</p><p></p><p>"You done?" Jock snarled.</p><p></p><p>"No. I most certainly am not. You're going to do exactly what your doctors tell you to do. You're going to retire from Ewing Oil and give total control to Bobby and JR."</p><p></p><p>"Why would I want to do that?"</p><p></p><p>"Because stress will make your health worse and you're going to do whatever you have to in order to get better."</p><p></p><p>"You have a lot of nerve coming over here trying to order me around!"</p><p></p><p>"I'm your wife, Jock. I love you. You're going to listen to me or you're going to die alone. Your choice."</p><p></p><p>"Mother of his children?"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Ellie snapped. "What are you talking about?"</p><p></p><p>"You said Sue Ellen was the mother of JR's children. Not child. Children."</p><p></p><p>Ellie took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. "Sue Ellen is pregnant, Jock."</p><p></p><p>"You sure it's JR's?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course it is!"</p><p></p><p>"Huh. Imagine that."</p><p></p><p>"Jock! Would you concentrate!"</p><p></p><p>"Sure, Ellie. Come on in and have a drink with me. We have some talking to do."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR turned his head to look at Bobby, his eyes wide and wounded. "Why would you tell me that?"</p><p></p><p>"Because someone needed to," Bobby said lowly. "She's terrified. She thinks you hate her and that if she keeps the baby you won't let her go no matter how much you despise her. She thinks you'll go back to the way you were before and that her life will be miserable - married to a man that she loves but doesn't love her back."</p><p></p><p>"She told all that to Pam?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"And that's why she hasn't told me about the baby?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>JR inhaled deeply and cursed himself under his breath. "Alright, Bobby. I'll set her straight. You can go on home."</p><p></p><p>"You sure, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I'll call you tomorrow. And Bobby?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah?" </p><p></p><p>"I swear to you nothing happened with the nanny."</p><p></p><p>"I believe you, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR watched as his brother walked down the hall and towards the exit. He made his way to the nurses' station on Sue Ellen's floor and stopped and nodded. "How is Mrs. Ewing tonight?"</p><p></p><p>"She's hanging in there, Mr. Ewing," the nurse smiled at him. "Vitals are all good. She should be discharged in the morning."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded and walked to Sue Ellen's room, opened the door, and walked inside.</p><p></p><p>"Listen here, Miss Texas," he moved quickly to her bedside. "I've been mad as hell all day And drinking all night. I'm still a little drunk and I'm bone tired and I don't feel like talking about you and Ray Krebbs. But I love you. That hasn't changed and it won't. Can you please just cut me some damn slack and let me be with you and comfort you without playing twenty questions? I promise we'll talk about everything later. But please, just give me a break tonight."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen studied his face and chewed nervously at her bottom lip. He looked tired and haggard. And hurt. His eyes were full of pain...but she also saw love. Real love. "Alright, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Alright?".JR repeated, surprised she hadn't protested.."Just like that?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she smiled at him. "Just like that."</p><p></p><p>"Woman you.,." He stopped himself and growled under his breath. "Scoot over."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen moved to the edge of her bed. He got in beside her, wrapped her in his arms, and pulled her close against him. "I do love you Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"Good," she rested her head against his chest. "I love you too."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 266132, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Forty-two: *** "Oh, Sue Ellen…" Pam shook her head and squeezed the other woman's hand tightly. "I'm so, so sorry." "He'll never forgive me! And now...now that I'm pregnant again, he won't ever let me go, no matter how much he hates me!" "Oh, honey, JR doesn't hate you." "Of course he does! I slept with his brother! I should have never told him!" "You had to tell him, Sue Ellen. Keeping that secret would have destroyed you and your marriage." "Pam, I'm so scared! And weak! I am lying here knowing I have this tiny little person inside of me but all I want is a drink! God help me, I don't even want it." "Sue Ellen, what do you mean you don't want it? Of course you do! That baby was conceived out of your and JR's love!" "Love," Sue Ellen laughed bitterly. "If he loves me then where is he? He can't even stand to look at me!" "Alright," Pam leaned forward and kissed her sister-in-law on the cheek, "you listen to me. You're a hell of a lot stronger than you think you are. I know this hurts, but it isn't the end of the world. You made a mistake. But you were drunk and neglected and you had no idea Ray was JR's brother. And JR…" "JR what?" "He doesn't hate you, Sue Ellen," Pam said softly. "He knew last night...but this morning...oh, Sue Ellen. If you could have seen how scared he was, how worried. All that was on his mind was you and whether or not you were okay. Bobby had to physically restrain him because he wouldn't let go of your hand long enough for the doctors to take care of you. JR is a jerk and he's mad. But he loves you so much. I've seen it with my own eyes. You're right. He won't ever let you go. But it's not because of the baby. It's because he loves you so much that he can't live without you." Sue Ellen shook her head, her eyes full of sad doubt. "I don't think so, Pam." "Then you're wrong," Pam told her. "And you have two choices, Sue Ellen. You can lay here in this bed and wallow in your misery, think about drinking and harming that baby and yourself or…" "Or what?" "Or you can straighten up and fight for the man you love." "Fight for him how?" "Well," Pam winked at her, "it's like JR always says: we all use what we have, honey." *** JR was drunk. Miss Ellie had told them everything. It had happened during Sue Ellen's trial. JR had assumed that Jock stopped coming to court everyday because he was angry. Turns out it was because he was sick. It was a heart attack. Minor enough that Jock thought he just had a bad case of indigestion. But then the headaches had started and he'd gone to see his doctor. They'd discovered blood clots and determined Jock had had a series of mini strokes. The strokes had affected the area of his brain that controlled emotion and impulse. Jock became obsessed with the idea he was going to die and had set about securing his legacy with naked ruthlessness. Not that any of that excised Jock's basic character flaws, but at least it explained his recent insanity. After Miss Ellie finished talking to all four Ewing boys, she'd sent Gary and Bobby out of the room. She'd told him and Ray that Jock knew about the one night stand, that she knew about it, and that they needed to work it out. JR had listened silently as Ray told him that he and Sue Ellen had both been drunk, that Sue Ellen had cried and kicked him out after, and that she'd refused to even speak to him for weeks. JR hadn't said one word. He'd let Ray finish then stood up, walked straight out the front door, and driven to the nearest bar where he'd been drowning his sorrows for hours. He knew he needed to go back to the hospital and check on Sue Ellen, but he couldn't face her yet. He remembered that night. She'd come to him. She had wanted him. And he'd rejected her. It had disturbed him so much to see his wife drunk and demanding sexual attention. He didn't know how to handle it. He'd told her he'd buy her a puppy and stormed away. He'd left her there, standing in the driveway in her nightgown, screaming and begging him to come back. And that's how Ray had found her. Rejected. Discarded. Ignored. She slept with Ray because she had desperately needed JR, but he'd turned away from her in the cruelest way possible. Ray was the first time she cheated. And it wasn't her fault. JR knew he was solely to blame. And he just couldn't face her. *** "No, Pam. I refuse to get involved." Pam growled under her breath and narrowed her eyes on Bobby's face."I'm not asking you to get involved. I'm asking you to go get JR and take him to Sue Ellen. That's it." "That's it?" Bobby repeated incredulously. "That's a damn lot! You have no idea what he's going through. You have no idea what ANY of us are going through! I just found out my Daddy is a very sick man. Do you even care, Pam?" "Of course I care!" Pam snapped. "How could you even ask me that?" "Because you haven't asked one thing about how he's doing or even how I feel about all of this. You're obsessed with Sue Ellen! Pam that baby is hers. Not yours. Whatever happens to it is up to her and her alone!" "Bobby…" Pam hesitated for a minute and took a deep breath. "I know you love your father. But is there anything you can do for him right now?" "No," Bobby growled in frustration. "And you love your brother too, right?" "Of course!" "Well, there IS something you can do for him. He's angry and hurt and probably feels guilty. And he's refusing to face up to his responsibility to his wife. She's scared and alone and she may do something incredibly rash that she'll regret for the rest of her life. And if she does, JR will never forgive himself. And Sue Ellen will be so eaten up with guilt that she'll never recover. We can't help Jock. We can help JR and Sue Ellen. And we should." Bobby looked at her and shook his head. "Alright, Pam. You're right. I'll go get him." "Thank you, Bobby." "I'm sorry for what I said about the baby." "It's alright.I know you're hurting too." "Yes. I am. But I shouldn't take it out on you." Pam wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I love you, Bobby." "I love you too, Pam." *** JR put his key in the door and stumbled inside. He needed a shower and some coffee. He needed to go see his wife but he couldn't show himself to her in her current condition. "JR? Is that you?" JR's eyes narrowed as they struggled to adjust to the dark. "Who's there?" "It's me, Miranda." "What are you doing here?" He asked her. "Lucy took John Ross to the ranch hours ago." "Yes. I stayed in case you needed me." "You're the nanny and the kid isn't here so why in the hell would I need you?" Miranda walked up to him and stood so close that her body was almost touching his. "You've been so nice to me. I know you're worried and under a lot of stress. I thought maybe you might need a friendly ear." JR let his eyes rake over her. She was dressed in tight, short white shorts and a thin white tank top. It was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra. Her nipples pushed against the thin material of her shirt, tempting him to reach out and cup her young, round, firm breasts. "A friendly ear?" JR asked. "Is that the only part of you you're offering up?" Miranda raised her face to meet his eyes and licked her lower lip seductively. "I suppose that depends on what parts of me you want." JR growled, reached out, and tangled his hands in her long dark hair. He brought his face down to rest against her neck and inhaled her scent deeply. "I'm drunk," he told her. She brought her arms up to wrap around his neck. She pressed herself against him and whispered into his ear, "that's okay, JR. I don't mind." JR groaned and dropped his hands to cup her firm bottom. "You're so young and so sexy." She giggled and flicked her tongue out to tease the sensitive skin of his earlobe. "You're sexy too. I want you, JR." JR closed his eyes and fought every instinct in his body. She was young and beautiful and he was drunk and turned on.He admitted to himself that he wanted her. Except he didn't. Not really. He wanted a physical release. She was a warm and willing body, but that's all she was. "JR," she moaned, reaching down to cup his manhood. "Please let me please you." JR swallowed hard, closed his eyes, and pushed her forcefully away from his body. "Get out," his voice was low and gutteral. "And don't you dare come back." "What? Why? You want me…" "What I want I could do for myself and not hurt my wife. Leave. Before I throw you out myself." He watched her as she silently collected her things and moved towards the door. "I would have let you," she told him. "But I'm really glad you didn't." She opened the door and was stunned to see Bobby standing on the other side, his hand in the air poised to knock. "Excuse me," she muttered, brushing past him. "JR," Bobby snarled, "I can't believe you! Sue Ellen is in the hospital…" "I didn't do a damn thing with that girl!" JR protested. "What the hell are you doing here?" "I came to take you to your wife." "I'm drunk," JR informed him. "I need a shower and some coffee." "JR... are you telling me nothing happened between you and the nanny?" "Nothing important," JR growled. "She offered. I was tempted. But I came to my senses and kicked her out. Not that it's any of your business anyway. Are you going to drive me to the hospital or not?" "Yes," Bobby sighed and shut the front door. "I am." "Then put on a pot of coffee. I'll be out of the shower in a few minutes." "Alright, JR." JR strode into the bedroom and took a deep breath. It had cost him his satisfaction and his pride, but he'd resisted temptation and turned down what Miranda had so willingly offered him. He loved his wife. And he was going to go to her and make sure she knew it. *** Jock opened the door and narrowed his eyes when he saw who was on the other side. "Finally come to your senses and decide to come beg me to come home?" "No," Ellie told him evenly. "I came to tell you that I know everything. I know about Ray. I know about Sue Ellen sleeping with Ray. And I know you haven't been well." "How…" Jock backed up and let her into the apartment. "How did you find out?" "That doesn't matter, Jock," Ellie sighed heavily. "What does matter is this. I love you. I always will. But I love my children more. JR and Sue Ellen have both made some very questionable decisions. But they love one another. JR will never be happy without her. She is his wife and the mother of his children and I won't have you drag her name through the mud in a vain attempt to run her out of his life. Pam and Bobby are very happy together and I won't tolerate you running her down simply because you don't like her family. Gary has built a life for himself and Valene in California and you're going to accept that's what he wants and support him. And Ray Krebbs is a fine man who loves you and our family and you will NOT use him to hurt the rest of us." "You done?" Jock snarled. "No. I most certainly am not. You're going to do exactly what your doctors tell you to do. You're going to retire from Ewing Oil and give total control to Bobby and JR." "Why would I want to do that?" "Because stress will make your health worse and you're going to do whatever you have to in order to get better." "You have a lot of nerve coming over here trying to order me around!" "I'm your wife, Jock. I love you. You're going to listen to me or you're going to die alone. Your choice." "Mother of his children?" "What?" Ellie snapped. "What are you talking about?" "You said Sue Ellen was the mother of JR's children. Not child. Children." Ellie took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. "Sue Ellen is pregnant, Jock." "You sure it's JR's?" "Of course it is!" "Huh. Imagine that." "Jock! Would you concentrate!" "Sure, Ellie. Come on in and have a drink with me. We have some talking to do." *** "JR?" JR turned his head to look at Bobby, his eyes wide and wounded. "Why would you tell me that?" "Because someone needed to," Bobby said lowly. "She's terrified. She thinks you hate her and that if she keeps the baby you won't let her go no matter how much you despise her. She thinks you'll go back to the way you were before and that her life will be miserable - married to a man that she loves but doesn't love her back." "She told all that to Pam?" "Yes." "And that's why she hasn't told me about the baby?" "Yes." JR inhaled deeply and cursed himself under his breath. "Alright, Bobby. I'll set her straight. You can go on home." "You sure, JR?" "Yeah. I'll call you tomorrow. And Bobby?" "Yeah?" "I swear to you nothing happened with the nanny." "I believe you, JR." JR watched as his brother walked down the hall and towards the exit. He made his way to the nurses' station on Sue Ellen's floor and stopped and nodded. "How is Mrs. Ewing tonight?" "She's hanging in there, Mr. Ewing," the nurse smiled at him. "Vitals are all good. She should be discharged in the morning." JR nodded and walked to Sue Ellen's room, opened the door, and walked inside. "Listen here, Miss Texas," he moved quickly to her bedside. "I've been mad as hell all day And drinking all night. I'm still a little drunk and I'm bone tired and I don't feel like talking about you and Ray Krebbs. But I love you. That hasn't changed and it won't. Can you please just cut me some damn slack and let me be with you and comfort you without playing twenty questions? I promise we'll talk about everything later. But please, just give me a break tonight." Sue Ellen studied his face and chewed nervously at her bottom lip. He looked tired and haggard. And hurt. His eyes were full of pain...but she also saw love. Real love. "Alright, JR." "Alright?".JR repeated, surprised she hadn't protested.."Just like that?" "Yes," she smiled at him. "Just like that." "Woman you.,." He stopped himself and growled under his breath. "Scoot over." Sue Ellen moved to the edge of her bed. He got in beside her, wrapped her in his arms, and pulled her close against him. "I do love you Sue Ellen." "Good," she rested her head against his chest. "I love you too." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top