Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 266661" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Forty-five:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey," JR kissed the top of Sue Ellen's head, "we have a lot to hash out. Let's get to it."</p><p></p><p>They were laying on their bed, naked and snuggling beneath the covers. Sue Ellen's head was resting on his chest. JR waited for her to say something, but she remained silent.</p><p></p><p>"Fine," he groused. "I'll start. First of all, I don't ever want to hear you refer to our marriage as loveless ever again. You know that's not true. Even during our worst times, there was love there and you know it."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen didn't respond at all. He tamped down his annoyance and went on.</p><p></p><p>"As far as Ray Krebbs goes, I remember that damn night, Sue Ellen. I know what I did to you. I know how I made you feel. I left you alone, rejected, drunk, and needy. It's my fault. I hate that it happened. I hate that I have to look at Ray every day knowing he's been with you. But I'll deal with it. I don't blame you, I don't hate you, and I can put it behind us if you can."</p><p></p><p>He felt the wetness of tears fall from her eyes onto his chest and he tightened his arms around her.</p><p></p><p>"I know what I am, Sue Ellen. Listening to Mama talk about how Daddy treated her, like a trophy or a prize and not a wife...well, I guess it just made me understand how you have felt all these years. I won't do that to you again. I don't want a trophy. I don't want a breeder. I want a woman who loves me. A partner. A friend. A lover. I'm not with you because of that baby. I'm not with you because of John Ross. I'm with you because I love you and I need you and my life would be empty and miserable without you."</p><p></p><p>"Why didn't you tell me you knew about the baby?" She finally spoke, her voice small and shaky.</p><p></p><p>"For the same reason you didn't tell me you're pregnant," he sighed. "Because we suck at communicating and both of us are afraid to give the other one the benefit of the doubt. We have to get better at that, honey."</p><p></p><p>"Do you think we will?" She asked tearfully.</p><p></p><p>He shifted their bodies so he was overtop of her and could look down straight into her eyes. "Yes, Sue Ellen. We will. We're already getting better at it. We're talking now, aren't we? I told you about Miranda, didn't I? We can do this, honey, but we both have to try."</p><p></p><p>"I will if you will, JR."</p><p></p><p>"I will," he whispered roughly and nuzzled her neck. "I already am."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded at the truth of his words and wrapped her arms around him. "I need you, JR. I need you so much."</p><p></p><p>"I need you just as much, Sue Ellen. Our need is because of our love, honey. Don't you understand that yet?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she nodded again, tears streaming from her eyes, "I guess I do. JR...make love to me again."</p><p></p><p>JR smiled and slipped inside her. "I'm going to be making love to you for the rest of our lives," he whispered roughly. "You won't ever feel unwanted or rejected ever again," he vowed as he moved in a slow, maddening rhythm. "I swear it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"It's lovely to see you again, Donna," Ellie smiled and gave her guest a brief hug. ""This is my son, Gary. Gary, this is Donna Culver."</p><p></p><p>"It's nice to meet you," Donna shook his hand.</p><p></p><p>"Same," Gary smiled at her.</p><p></p><p>"I'm glad Ray came over," Ellie told Donna, gesturing for everyone to take a seat. "Lucy is taking all this much harder than I expected."</p><p></p><p>Donna dropped her eyes to the floor and shrugged. "Well, maybe she'll talk to Ray and work through her feelings."</p><p></p><p>Ellie's eyes shot up at the tone of Donna's voice. She suddenly had the feeling that there was something going on with Lucy and Ray that she didn't know about.</p><p></p><p>"Heads up," Bobby strode into the room and pointed toward the foyer. "Daddy just pulled up in the driveway."</p><p></p><p>"Just what we didn't need," Gary grumbled, standing up.</p><p></p><p>They heard the front door open and Jock came sauntering in the room. "Well look at this," he laughed. "Y'all having a party you forgot to invite me to?"</p><p></p><p>"What are you doing here, Jock?" Ellie demanded.</p><p></p><p>"What do you think, Ellie?" He shot back roughly. "I've come home. And I'm here to stay."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Clayton!" Scotty Demerest sat back into his chair and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I already told you I couldn't discuss a client with you!"</p><p></p><p>"You can if I'm paying her damn bill!"</p><p></p><p>"But you're not!" Scotty protested. "Your son is!"</p><p></p><p>"See this?" Clayton tossed some papers across the desk at him.</p><p></p><p>Scotty picked up the papers and read intently. "This says…" Scotty looked up and arched an eyebrow. "How did you manage this?"</p><p></p><p>"It doesn't matter how," Clayton snapped. "What matters is that I DID manage it. Dusty has been declared mentally unfit to handle his finances. I'm his guardian. That means I control his money which means I control whether or not you continue to get paid to represent Kristen Sheppard. Now. Start talking."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Oh my God, JR!" Sue Ellen put down her make-up brush and turned to look at him. "Oh my GOD!"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," he didn't look at her. He concentrated on tying his tie instead. "Pretty awful stuff."</p><p></p><p>"No wonder Lucy is so upset!"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Look, I'm ashamed to say I didn't even think about this until earlier today. I was wrapped up in the fact that he slept with you."</p><p></p><p>"JR," she narrowed her eyes. "You said a ranch hand told you he saw Lucy and Ray in the hayloft years ago. Why didn't you ever say anything?"</p><p></p><p>"I was saving it," he told her truthfully.</p><p></p><p>"Saving it for what?"</p><p></p><p>"For if Ray ever crossed me and I needed to keep him in line," he shrugged.</p><p></p><p>"JR...she was so young. And your niece!"</p><p></p><p>"Come on, Miss Texas. Well as you know me, you can't honestly be surprised that I kept it to myself on the off chance it would be useful someday."</p><p></p><p>"But Lucy…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" JR chuckled, "I didn't need to defend her honor. That cause was lost long before Ray Krebbs."</p><p></p><p>"But, JR…"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," he cut her off, "It was over and done with long before I ever found out about it. I never confronted Ray because I wanted to keep this in my back pocket and I never confronted Lucy because that wouldn't have served any purpose other than to embarrass the girl."</p><p></p><p>"I suppose that makes sense, JR… but now…"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I know. I'll talk to her, okay?"</p><p></p><p>"Okay, JR."</p><p></p><p>"And you…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Don't say one word to anyone. You hear me? Not even Bobby and Pam."</p><p></p><p>"I won't, JR. I promise."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded and slipped on his jacket. He didn't know exactly how he was going to approach Lucy, but one thing was dead certain. This was ONE secret that could never come out.</p><p></p><p>Never.</p><p></p><p>It would destroy Lucy's life. Jock would never let it go. His father would throw Lucy away like a sack of garbage.</p><p></p><p>And he wouldn't allow that.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 266661, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Forty-five: *** "Alright, honey," JR kissed the top of Sue Ellen's head, "we have a lot to hash out. Let's get to it." They were laying on their bed, naked and snuggling beneath the covers. Sue Ellen's head was resting on his chest. JR waited for her to say something, but she remained silent. "Fine," he groused. "I'll start. First of all, I don't ever want to hear you refer to our marriage as loveless ever again. You know that's not true. Even during our worst times, there was love there and you know it." Sue Ellen didn't respond at all. He tamped down his annoyance and went on. "As far as Ray Krebbs goes, I remember that damn night, Sue Ellen. I know what I did to you. I know how I made you feel. I left you alone, rejected, drunk, and needy. It's my fault. I hate that it happened. I hate that I have to look at Ray every day knowing he's been with you. But I'll deal with it. I don't blame you, I don't hate you, and I can put it behind us if you can." He felt the wetness of tears fall from her eyes onto his chest and he tightened his arms around her. "I know what I am, Sue Ellen. Listening to Mama talk about how Daddy treated her, like a trophy or a prize and not a wife...well, I guess it just made me understand how you have felt all these years. I won't do that to you again. I don't want a trophy. I don't want a breeder. I want a woman who loves me. A partner. A friend. A lover. I'm not with you because of that baby. I'm not with you because of John Ross. I'm with you because I love you and I need you and my life would be empty and miserable without you." "Why didn't you tell me you knew about the baby?" She finally spoke, her voice small and shaky. "For the same reason you didn't tell me you're pregnant," he sighed. "Because we suck at communicating and both of us are afraid to give the other one the benefit of the doubt. We have to get better at that, honey." "Do you think we will?" She asked tearfully. He shifted their bodies so he was overtop of her and could look down straight into her eyes. "Yes, Sue Ellen. We will. We're already getting better at it. We're talking now, aren't we? I told you about Miranda, didn't I? We can do this, honey, but we both have to try." "I will if you will, JR." "I will," he whispered roughly and nuzzled her neck. "I already am." Sue Ellen nodded at the truth of his words and wrapped her arms around him. "I need you, JR. I need you so much." "I need you just as much, Sue Ellen. Our need is because of our love, honey. Don't you understand that yet?" "Yes," she nodded again, tears streaming from her eyes, "I guess I do. JR...make love to me again." JR smiled and slipped inside her. "I'm going to be making love to you for the rest of our lives," he whispered roughly. "You won't ever feel unwanted or rejected ever again," he vowed as he moved in a slow, maddening rhythm. "I swear it." *** "It's lovely to see you again, Donna," Ellie smiled and gave her guest a brief hug. ""This is my son, Gary. Gary, this is Donna Culver." "It's nice to meet you," Donna shook his hand. "Same," Gary smiled at her. "I'm glad Ray came over," Ellie told Donna, gesturing for everyone to take a seat. "Lucy is taking all this much harder than I expected." Donna dropped her eyes to the floor and shrugged. "Well, maybe she'll talk to Ray and work through her feelings." Ellie's eyes shot up at the tone of Donna's voice. She suddenly had the feeling that there was something going on with Lucy and Ray that she didn't know about. "Heads up," Bobby strode into the room and pointed toward the foyer. "Daddy just pulled up in the driveway." "Just what we didn't need," Gary grumbled, standing up. They heard the front door open and Jock came sauntering in the room. "Well look at this," he laughed. "Y'all having a party you forgot to invite me to?" "What are you doing here, Jock?" Ellie demanded. "What do you think, Ellie?" He shot back roughly. "I've come home. And I'm here to stay." *** "Clayton!" Scotty Demerest sat back into his chair and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I already told you I couldn't discuss a client with you!" "You can if I'm paying her damn bill!" "But you're not!" Scotty protested. "Your son is!" "See this?" Clayton tossed some papers across the desk at him. Scotty picked up the papers and read intently. "This says…" Scotty looked up and arched an eyebrow. "How did you manage this?" "It doesn't matter how," Clayton snapped. "What matters is that I DID manage it. Dusty has been declared mentally unfit to handle his finances. I'm his guardian. That means I control his money which means I control whether or not you continue to get paid to represent Kristen Sheppard. Now. Start talking." *** "Oh my God, JR!" Sue Ellen put down her make-up brush and turned to look at him. "Oh my GOD!" "Yeah," he didn't look at her. He concentrated on tying his tie instead. "Pretty awful stuff." "No wonder Lucy is so upset!" "Yeah. Look, I'm ashamed to say I didn't even think about this until earlier today. I was wrapped up in the fact that he slept with you." "JR," she narrowed her eyes. "You said a ranch hand told you he saw Lucy and Ray in the hayloft years ago. Why didn't you ever say anything?" "I was saving it," he told her truthfully. "Saving it for what?" "For if Ray ever crossed me and I needed to keep him in line," he shrugged. "JR...she was so young. And your niece!" "Come on, Miss Texas. Well as you know me, you can't honestly be surprised that I kept it to myself on the off chance it would be useful someday." "But Lucy…" "What?" JR chuckled, "I didn't need to defend her honor. That cause was lost long before Ray Krebbs." "But, JR…" "Sue Ellen," he cut her off, "It was over and done with long before I ever found out about it. I never confronted Ray because I wanted to keep this in my back pocket and I never confronted Lucy because that wouldn't have served any purpose other than to embarrass the girl." "I suppose that makes sense, JR… but now…" "Yeah. I know. I'll talk to her, okay?" "Okay, JR." "And you…" "What?" "Don't say one word to anyone. You hear me? Not even Bobby and Pam." "I won't, JR. I promise." JR nodded and slipped on his jacket. He didn't know exactly how he was going to approach Lucy, but one thing was dead certain. This was ONE secret that could never come out. Never. It would destroy Lucy's life. Jock would never let it go. His father would throw Lucy away like a sack of garbage. And he wouldn't allow that. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top