Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 266896" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Forty-six:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry," Ray sighed, coming into the living room. "Lucy wouldn't speak to me either."</p><p></p><p>Gary stood up and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I don't know what to do. She can't stay locked in that room forever."</p><p></p><p>"Has her mother tried to call her?" Pam asked.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Gary nodded. "She won't take calls even from Valene. I just don't understand this! Why would Lucy be this upset over Jock having a bastard son?" He sucked in a deep breath when he saw the look on Ray's face. "No offense," he said sheepishly.</p><p></p><p>"None taken," Ray grumbled. *Speaking of Jock, didn't I hear him come in?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby confirmed. "Him and Mama went into the study to have a private talk."</p><p></p><p>"Well, let me know how it turns out," Ray told Bobby. "I better make myself scarce before JR and Sue Ellen get here."</p><p></p><p>"Good idea," Bobby agreed.</p><p></p><p>"Too late," Gary pointed out the window. JR's car was pulling into the driveway.</p><p></p><p>"Oh, hell," Ray muttered under his breath.</p><p></p><p>"What's the big deal?" Gary wondered out loud. "JR's going to have to get used to you being Jock's son just like the rest of us…" he stopped talking when he noticed the uncomfortable looks on all the faces around him. "Something's going on and I'm the only one who doesn't know, right? Just like always."</p><p></p><p>No one had the nerve to answer him. They all watched JR and Sue Ellen get out of the car and walk towards the house.</p><p></p><p>"Ray?" Donna whispered nervously.</p><p></p><p>"Let's go," he told her, holding out this hand to help pull her out of her chair.</p><p></p><p>"Evenin' everyone," JR nodded, sweeping into the room with Sue Ellen and heading straight to the bar. "What's Daddy's truck doing in the driveway?"</p><p></p><p>"He's in the study with Mama," Bobby told him. "He said he's home to stay."</p><p></p><p>"Is that a fact?" JR sipped his bourbon and eyed Ray and Donna. "You two aren't leaving us are you?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Ray grunted his one word reply.</p><p></p><p>"You should stay a while," JR said evenly. "You and I need to have a talk."</p><p></p><p>"I don't want to fight with you, JR," Ray said cautiously.</p><p></p><p>"I didn't say a damn thing about fighting. I told you we needed to talk."</p><p></p><p>Ray looked at Donna who shrugged and decided to give in. "Alright. We'll stay a while, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Good," JR finished his drink and walked over to kiss Sue Ellen's cheek. "I'll be back down soon as I can." He straightened and headed toward the foyer. "I'm going up to see Lucy."</p><p></p><p>"She isn't talking to anyone," Gary told him.</p><p></p><p>JR turned around and looked Gary in the eye. "She'll talk to me," JR said, his voice full of confidence. "Listen, Gary, I need you to do me a favor."</p><p></p><p>"What?" Gary's eyebrows shot together.</p><p></p><p>"If Daddy comes back in here raising hell and going after the women, I need you to look after Sue Ellen and get her away from him."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sure Bobby can handle it," Gary said bitterly.</p><p></p><p>"Bobby will have to look after Pam. I'm asking you, Gary."</p><p></p><p>Gary didn't answer for a few moments. He studied JR's face carefully and decided his brother was being sincere. "Alright, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," JR nodded. "Be down soon as I can. I'm counting on you, Gary."</p><p></p><p>Gary didn't reply. He waited until JR had disappeared up the stairs and then let out a deep sigh. "What the hell was that all about?"</p><p></p><p>"Your brother is asking you to do him a favor," Bobby told him, his voice low and even. "Nothing more, nothing less. </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Kristen growled under her breath and slammed her hand down on the table.</p><p></p><p>Clayton Farlow and Scotty Demerest had just left her. Clayton had somehow managed to get control of Dusty's finances. He and Scotty had made it clear that if she wanted continued legal representation she had to stay away from Dusty and stop interfering in JR and Sue Ellen's life.</p><p></p><p>This was going to be a problem. She was so close. She knew her sister. Sue Ellen would fall apart completely if JR cheated and Patricia was served up a stiff prison sentence at the same time. It wouldn't be long at all until big sister was back on the bottle.</p><p></p><p>Clayton was going to throw a huge wrench is all her plans.</p><p></p><p>But she still had an ace in the hole. She was still carrying Cliff Barnes' baby. Pam and Bobby Ewing would do whatever they had to do in order to make sure the child was born healthy and ready to be adopted. </p><p></p><p>Clayton had given her 24 hours to give him an answer to his ultimatum.</p><p></p><p>And she was damn sure going to take advantage of every minute.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Lucy?" JR knocked on her closed door. "Open up, girl."</p><p></p><p>"Go away, JR!"</p><p></p><p>JR rolled his eyes and glanced up and down the hallway to make sure no one else was around. "You and I are gonna talk. You can either open this door and let me in or I'll yell what I have to say through the door. Sure you don't want the rest of the family hearing what I know about you and Ray Krebbs."</p><p></p><p>JR took a step back from the door and waited. It opened a few seconds later to reveal a pale and weak looking Lucy. "What do you know about me and Ray?"</p><p></p><p>"Everything," he shrugged. "You gonna let me in or not?"</p><p></p><p>Lucy backed away from the door, a panicked and stricken look twisting her ghost white face. "How did you find out?"</p><p></p><p>"Not that it matters," JR walked into the room and shut the door behind him, "but a ranch hand saw the two of you in a hayloft and dropped the dime. I've known for a very long time."</p><p></p><p>"But… you never said anything…"</p><p></p><p>"I never had a reason to," he sighed. "Sit down," he pointed to the edge of the bed. He watched her as she sank down and buried her face in her hands. </p><p></p><p>"Who else knows?"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," he sat down beside her and reached out to take her hand. "And it wouldn't surprise me if Ray told Donna Culver. Those two are getting pretty serious."</p><p></p><p>"What about Grandma and Grandpa? Or Daddy…"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR said softly. "They don't know. Neither do Pam and Bobby. And they never have to know, Lucy."</p><p></p><p>"I feel so dirty. Ashamed…"</p><p></p><p>"Lucy, I'm not going to lie to you. This is tough. You had sex with your uncle and that's never going away. But…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"But life goes on. You have to get over it and let it go."</p><p></p><p>"That's easy for you to say."</p><p></p><p>"No it's not," JR confessed softly. "It's nowhere near as easy for me as you think."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Where's Daddy?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie walked into the living room and sat down on the couch beside Pam. "He's leaving," Ellie answered Bobby. "He said to tell you and JR he got your counter proposal and that we would expect you both tomorrow at Ewing Oil tomorrow afternoon to discuss it."</p><p></p><p>"I'll let JR know," Bobby told her.</p><p></p><p>"Speaking of JR, where is he?"</p><p></p><p>"Upstairs talking to Lucy," Gary answered his mother. "He's been with her a while. I guess she agreed to at least see him."</p><p></p><p>Ellie nodded and turned her attention to Sue Ellen. "How are you feeling?"</p><p></p><p>"Just fine, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled at her. "The headache is completely gone."</p><p></p><p>"Good," Ellie nodded. "I've been very worried about you."</p><p></p><p>"Mama," Bobby interrupted, "what happened between you and Daddy?" </p><p></p><p>"I told him he couldn't come home just yet. We agreed he had to sort things out with you and JR and the business. After that's done, he and I are going away together for a while."</p><p></p><p>"Going away?" Ray repeated. "Where?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm not sure yet," Ellie sighed. "He and I have so much to sort through. We need to get away from Southfork and the family and try to work through it all."</p><p></p><p>"So the two of you are going to reconcile?" Sue Ellen asked her.</p><p></p><p>"I don't know," Ellie answered her truthfully. "But Jock is my husband. I love him. I owe it to him and to myself to try."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR…" Lucy's eyes were full of tears. "I'm so sorry."</p><p></p><p>JR sucked in a deep breath, stood up, and walked over to stare out the window. "I didn't tell you about Ray and Sue Ellen to get your pity, Lucy. I told you because I need you to understand this situation is hell for all of us in different ways. I feel…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" She pushed him.</p><p></p><p>"Sick. Gut punched. Everytime I see him or someone mentions his name."</p><p></p><p>"He's your brother now."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR turned to fix his eyes on hers. "My brother. And your uncle."</p><p></p><p>"God, it's all so gross."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, it is. And I won't lie to you, girl. This is going to be a hard row to hoe. But we have to do it. Both of us."</p><p></p><p>"Can you do it?"</p><p></p><p>JR laughed bitterly and moved back to the bed to sit beside her again. "I don't have a choice. He isn't going anywhere. And you know I've made up my mind to stick it out with my wife, come hell or high water. Getting shot changed things for me. That trial, all the things that were said...Lucy…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"You're right, you know. It IS gross. Disgusting. It's also in the past. You can't change what you did. You had no idea who he was to you. Hell, girl, Ray isn't that same man and you're sure as hell not that same bratty child. You gotta suck it up and get on with your life. Hold that pretty head up high and stop letting the shame control you. We all have shame." He bowed his head, suddenly unable to meet her eyes. "At least in your case, you didn't mean to do what you did. Imagine being me and knowing that I'm directly responsible for all the shame and disgrace because of deliberate decisions I made."</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>He looked back up at her and smiled sadly, bringing his hand up to gently brush a tear from her cheek. "Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"I'll… I'll help you get through your shame if you help me get through mine."</p><p></p><p>His smile widened and he pulled her to him for a hug. "You got yourself a deal, girl."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well, you have your drink," Kristen sat down and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Now tell me what the hell you want."</p><p></p><p>Jock grinned and sank back into the couch, making himself comfortable. "Seems to me that you and me have a lot in common and some mutual goals."</p><p></p><p>"Like what?"</p><p></p><p>"You want JR and Sue Ellen apart don't you?"</p><p></p><p>"Come on, Jock" Kristen snapped. "I'm not one of your worshipful kids. We both might want them apart, but we have totally different reasons for that. And don't think for a second that you can con me into believing that you'd ever accept me as a daughter-in-law."</p><p></p><p>"Now, Kristen," Jock laughed at her, "I'm way too smart to try to con a con artist. You're right. I'd never allow JR to marry you."</p><p></p><p>"Then we have nothing to talk about."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, I don't know about that," Jock flashed her an evil grin. "You don't really want JR for yourself. You just want to hurt Sue Ellen. I can give you a way to destroy that woman without tying yourself to a bastard like JR. And you can earn yourself a tidy little fortune while you're at it. You interested?"</p><p></p><p>"Maybe," Kristen shrugged. "Tell me what you have in mind."</p><p></p><p>"I will. But first let's talk about that Barnes bastard you have inside you and how we're gonna make sure Pam and Bobby never lay eyes on it." </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR's eyes snapped open when he heard Sue Ellen say his name. He tightened his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"Are you alright? You haven't said a word about what happened between you and Ray."</p><p></p><p>JR sighed heavily and tried to organize his thoughts.</p><p></p><p>It had been a long and tense evening. Lucy had finally come out of her room to mingle with the family. She and Ray avoided each other like the plague. JE had gotten into it with his mother over Jock, warning her not to trust one thing that came out of his Daddy's mouth. Pam had cornered him about Miranda, pushing him about why she decided to try to seduce him out of the blue. </p><p></p><p>And then there was Ray.</p><p></p><p>JR had gotten him alone in the kitchen and told him he wasn't going to dwell on the past but that Ray shouldn't expect to be welcomed into JR and Sue Ellen's life as a brother with open arms either. Ray had retorted that he wasn't any happier about being a Ewing than JR was to be forced to accept him.</p><p></p><p>"Nothing happened, Sue Ellen. We agreed we're stuck with each other and that we both had to figure out a way to deal with it."</p><p></p><p>"And that's it?"</p><p></p><p>"That's it," JR replied flatly. "We should try to get some sleep, honey. Tomorrow is going to be an absolute nightmare. We have to meet with Kiefer in the morning about your mother's case then I have that meeting with Bobby and Daddy about Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR. I just…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"My brain won't turn off. I can't seem to stop thinking long enough to go to sleep. I'm so scared. Jock and Ellie are going to reconcile. Kristen is holding her pregnancy and my affair with Dusty over our heads. My mother might go to jail. Ray is going to be a permanent part of all of our lives. And you…"</p><p></p><p>"What about me?"</p><p></p><p>"You're dealing with so much. I'm afraid."</p><p></p><p>"Of what?"</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>JR shifted their bodies until she was lying on top of him. He reached up and cupped her face in his hands, forcing her to look down into his eyes. "You're right, Sue Ellen. I AM dealing with a lot. Lucky for me I have the woman I love to help me get through it all. Don't be afraid. We'll figure everything out together."</p><p></p><p>"You promise?"</p><p></p><p>"I do," he bent his head to kiss her. "I swear to you, Sue Ellen. We can make it. As long as we stay committed and honest with each other, nothing and no one will ever get in between us again."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 266896, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Forty-six: ***. "I'm sorry," Ray sighed, coming into the living room. "Lucy wouldn't speak to me either." Gary stood up and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I don't know what to do. She can't stay locked in that room forever." "Has her mother tried to call her?" Pam asked. "Yes," Gary nodded. "She won't take calls even from Valene. I just don't understand this! Why would Lucy be this upset over Jock having a bastard son?" He sucked in a deep breath when he saw the look on Ray's face. "No offense," he said sheepishly. "None taken," Ray grumbled. *Speaking of Jock, didn't I hear him come in?" "Yes," Bobby confirmed. "Him and Mama went into the study to have a private talk." "Well, let me know how it turns out," Ray told Bobby. "I better make myself scarce before JR and Sue Ellen get here." "Good idea," Bobby agreed. "Too late," Gary pointed out the window. JR's car was pulling into the driveway. "Oh, hell," Ray muttered under his breath. "What's the big deal?" Gary wondered out loud. "JR's going to have to get used to you being Jock's son just like the rest of us…" he stopped talking when he noticed the uncomfortable looks on all the faces around him. "Something's going on and I'm the only one who doesn't know, right? Just like always." No one had the nerve to answer him. They all watched JR and Sue Ellen get out of the car and walk towards the house. "Ray?" Donna whispered nervously. "Let's go," he told her, holding out this hand to help pull her out of her chair. "Evenin' everyone," JR nodded, sweeping into the room with Sue Ellen and heading straight to the bar. "What's Daddy's truck doing in the driveway?" "He's in the study with Mama," Bobby told him. "He said he's home to stay." "Is that a fact?" JR sipped his bourbon and eyed Ray and Donna. "You two aren't leaving us are you?" "Yes," Ray grunted his one word reply. "You should stay a while," JR said evenly. "You and I need to have a talk." "I don't want to fight with you, JR," Ray said cautiously. "I didn't say a damn thing about fighting. I told you we needed to talk." Ray looked at Donna who shrugged and decided to give in. "Alright. We'll stay a while, JR." "Good," JR finished his drink and walked over to kiss Sue Ellen's cheek. "I'll be back down soon as I can." He straightened and headed toward the foyer. "I'm going up to see Lucy." "She isn't talking to anyone," Gary told him. JR turned around and looked Gary in the eye. "She'll talk to me," JR said, his voice full of confidence. "Listen, Gary, I need you to do me a favor." "What?" Gary's eyebrows shot together. "If Daddy comes back in here raising hell and going after the women, I need you to look after Sue Ellen and get her away from him." "I'm sure Bobby can handle it," Gary said bitterly. "Bobby will have to look after Pam. I'm asking you, Gary." Gary didn't answer for a few moments. He studied JR's face carefully and decided his brother was being sincere. "Alright, JR." "Thank you," JR nodded. "Be down soon as I can. I'm counting on you, Gary." Gary didn't reply. He waited until JR had disappeared up the stairs and then let out a deep sigh. "What the hell was that all about?" "Your brother is asking you to do him a favor," Bobby told him, his voice low and even. "Nothing more, nothing less. *** Kristen growled under her breath and slammed her hand down on the table. Clayton Farlow and Scotty Demerest had just left her. Clayton had somehow managed to get control of Dusty's finances. He and Scotty had made it clear that if she wanted continued legal representation she had to stay away from Dusty and stop interfering in JR and Sue Ellen's life. This was going to be a problem. She was so close. She knew her sister. Sue Ellen would fall apart completely if JR cheated and Patricia was served up a stiff prison sentence at the same time. It wouldn't be long at all until big sister was back on the bottle. Clayton was going to throw a huge wrench is all her plans. But she still had an ace in the hole. She was still carrying Cliff Barnes' baby. Pam and Bobby Ewing would do whatever they had to do in order to make sure the child was born healthy and ready to be adopted. Clayton had given her 24 hours to give him an answer to his ultimatum. And she was damn sure going to take advantage of every minute. *** "Lucy?" JR knocked on her closed door. "Open up, girl." "Go away, JR!" JR rolled his eyes and glanced up and down the hallway to make sure no one else was around. "You and I are gonna talk. You can either open this door and let me in or I'll yell what I have to say through the door. Sure you don't want the rest of the family hearing what I know about you and Ray Krebbs." JR took a step back from the door and waited. It opened a few seconds later to reveal a pale and weak looking Lucy. "What do you know about me and Ray?" "Everything," he shrugged. "You gonna let me in or not?" Lucy backed away from the door, a panicked and stricken look twisting her ghost white face. "How did you find out?" "Not that it matters," JR walked into the room and shut the door behind him, "but a ranch hand saw the two of you in a hayloft and dropped the dime. I've known for a very long time." "But… you never said anything…" "I never had a reason to," he sighed. "Sit down," he pointed to the edge of the bed. He watched her as she sank down and buried her face in her hands. "Who else knows?" "Sue Ellen," he sat down beside her and reached out to take her hand. "And it wouldn't surprise me if Ray told Donna Culver. Those two are getting pretty serious." "What about Grandma and Grandpa? Or Daddy…" "No," JR said softly. "They don't know. Neither do Pam and Bobby. And they never have to know, Lucy." "I feel so dirty. Ashamed…" "Lucy, I'm not going to lie to you. This is tough. You had sex with your uncle and that's never going away. But…" "What?" "But life goes on. You have to get over it and let it go." "That's easy for you to say." "No it's not," JR confessed softly. "It's nowhere near as easy for me as you think." *** "Where's Daddy?" Ellie walked into the living room and sat down on the couch beside Pam. "He's leaving," Ellie answered Bobby. "He said to tell you and JR he got your counter proposal and that we would expect you both tomorrow at Ewing Oil tomorrow afternoon to discuss it." "I'll let JR know," Bobby told her. "Speaking of JR, where is he?" "Upstairs talking to Lucy," Gary answered his mother. "He's been with her a while. I guess she agreed to at least see him." Ellie nodded and turned her attention to Sue Ellen. "How are you feeling?" "Just fine, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled at her. "The headache is completely gone." "Good," Ellie nodded. "I've been very worried about you." "Mama," Bobby interrupted, "what happened between you and Daddy?" "I told him he couldn't come home just yet. We agreed he had to sort things out with you and JR and the business. After that's done, he and I are going away together for a while." "Going away?" Ray repeated. "Where?" "I'm not sure yet," Ellie sighed. "He and I have so much to sort through. We need to get away from Southfork and the family and try to work through it all." "So the two of you are going to reconcile?" Sue Ellen asked her. "I don't know," Ellie answered her truthfully. "But Jock is my husband. I love him. I owe it to him and to myself to try." *** "JR…" Lucy's eyes were full of tears. "I'm so sorry." JR sucked in a deep breath, stood up, and walked over to stare out the window. "I didn't tell you about Ray and Sue Ellen to get your pity, Lucy. I told you because I need you to understand this situation is hell for all of us in different ways. I feel…" "What?" She pushed him. "Sick. Gut punched. Everytime I see him or someone mentions his name." "He's your brother now." "Yes," JR turned to fix his eyes on hers. "My brother. And your uncle." "God, it's all so gross." "Yes, it is. And I won't lie to you, girl. This is going to be a hard row to hoe. But we have to do it. Both of us." "Can you do it?" JR laughed bitterly and moved back to the bed to sit beside her again. "I don't have a choice. He isn't going anywhere. And you know I've made up my mind to stick it out with my wife, come hell or high water. Getting shot changed things for me. That trial, all the things that were said...Lucy…" "What?" "You're right, you know. It IS gross. Disgusting. It's also in the past. You can't change what you did. You had no idea who he was to you. Hell, girl, Ray isn't that same man and you're sure as hell not that same bratty child. You gotta suck it up and get on with your life. Hold that pretty head up high and stop letting the shame control you. We all have shame." He bowed his head, suddenly unable to meet her eyes. "At least in your case, you didn't mean to do what you did. Imagine being me and knowing that I'm directly responsible for all the shame and disgrace because of deliberate decisions I made." "JR?" He looked back up at her and smiled sadly, bringing his hand up to gently brush a tear from her cheek. "Yeah?" "I'll… I'll help you get through your shame if you help me get through mine." His smile widened and he pulled her to him for a hug. "You got yourself a deal, girl." *** "Well, you have your drink," Kristen sat down and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Now tell me what the hell you want." Jock grinned and sank back into the couch, making himself comfortable. "Seems to me that you and me have a lot in common and some mutual goals." "Like what?" "You want JR and Sue Ellen apart don't you?" "Come on, Jock" Kristen snapped. "I'm not one of your worshipful kids. We both might want them apart, but we have totally different reasons for that. And don't think for a second that you can con me into believing that you'd ever accept me as a daughter-in-law." "Now, Kristen," Jock laughed at her, "I'm way too smart to try to con a con artist. You're right. I'd never allow JR to marry you." "Then we have nothing to talk about." "Oh, I don't know about that," Jock flashed her an evil grin. "You don't really want JR for yourself. You just want to hurt Sue Ellen. I can give you a way to destroy that woman without tying yourself to a bastard like JR. And you can earn yourself a tidy little fortune while you're at it. You interested?" "Maybe," Kristen shrugged. "Tell me what you have in mind." "I will. But first let's talk about that Barnes bastard you have inside you and how we're gonna make sure Pam and Bobby never lay eyes on it." *** "JR?" JR's eyes snapped open when he heard Sue Ellen say his name. He tightened his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "Yeah?" "Are you alright? You haven't said a word about what happened between you and Ray." JR sighed heavily and tried to organize his thoughts. It had been a long and tense evening. Lucy had finally come out of her room to mingle with the family. She and Ray avoided each other like the plague. JE had gotten into it with his mother over Jock, warning her not to trust one thing that came out of his Daddy's mouth. Pam had cornered him about Miranda, pushing him about why she decided to try to seduce him out of the blue. And then there was Ray. JR had gotten him alone in the kitchen and told him he wasn't going to dwell on the past but that Ray shouldn't expect to be welcomed into JR and Sue Ellen's life as a brother with open arms either. Ray had retorted that he wasn't any happier about being a Ewing than JR was to be forced to accept him. "Nothing happened, Sue Ellen. We agreed we're stuck with each other and that we both had to figure out a way to deal with it." "And that's it?" "That's it," JR replied flatly. "We should try to get some sleep, honey. Tomorrow is going to be an absolute nightmare. We have to meet with Kiefer in the morning about your mother's case then I have that meeting with Bobby and Daddy about Ewing Oil." "I know, JR. I just…" "What?" "My brain won't turn off. I can't seem to stop thinking long enough to go to sleep. I'm so scared. Jock and Ellie are going to reconcile. Kristen is holding her pregnancy and my affair with Dusty over our heads. My mother might go to jail. Ray is going to be a permanent part of all of our lives. And you…" "What about me?" "You're dealing with so much. I'm afraid." "Of what?" "JR…" JR shifted their bodies until she was lying on top of him. He reached up and cupped her face in his hands, forcing her to look down into his eyes. "You're right, Sue Ellen. I AM dealing with a lot. Lucky for me I have the woman I love to help me get through it all. Don't be afraid. We'll figure everything out together." "You promise?" "I do," he bent his head to kiss her. "I swear to you, Sue Ellen. We can make it. As long as we stay committed and honest with each other, nothing and no one will ever get in between us again." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top