Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 267544" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR rolled over onto his side and laid his hand on Sue Ellen's hip. "Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"Can't sleep?"</p><p></p><p>"Having some trouble," he confessed. </p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen reached out and stroked his cheek. "I belong to you, JR. All of me. Every single piece of me."</p><p></p><p>JR couldn't help but smile. Their lovemaking tonight had been so intense. He was consumed by the need to show her that he owned her - and that she owned him. "That obvious what's bothering me, is it?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen smiled back at him and snuggled closer. "Dusty Farlow was a mistake I made out of desperation. I needed you. I only turned to him because you didn't want me."</p><p></p><p>"But you thought you loved him."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she admitted softly. "I had to convince myself of that."</p><p></p><p>"You were going to leave me for him."</p><p></p><p>"I was so hurt and confused. You and I were at each other's throats. You hurt me so badly. I…"</p><p></p><p>She took a deep breath and forced herself to continue. "JR, none of that matters now. We were different people then. I don't want anyone but you. Not Dusty. Not anyone. I belong to you."</p><p></p><p>JR rolled into his back and pulled her on top of him. "I belong to you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I know," she breathed out against his mouth. "No more doubts, JR," she positioned herself to slide down and take him inside her, "not from either of us."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Where are you taking her?"</p><p></p><p>Jock looked up at his son and narrowed his eyes. "California. Nappa Valley. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"Just want to know where we can find her, that's all," Gary told him.</p><p></p><p>"Not concerned about being able to find me?"</p><p></p><p>"No," Gary told him truthfully. "I don't give a damn where you go."</p><p></p><p>"All you boys better start showing me proper respect. Your mama is taking me back and I'll be head of this house again soon."</p><p></p><p>"Mama can do whatever she wants. But you'll get no respect. Not from me anyway."</p><p></p><p>"You always were too stupid for your own good."</p><p></p><p>"I was smart enough to get away from you," Gary shot back.</p><p></p><p>"Jock?"</p><p></p><p>Both men turned their heads to see Ellie standing in the doorway. "What's going on?"</p><p></p><p>"Nothing important," Jock grunted. "You ready to go?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. My bags are by the door."</p><p></p><p>Ellie walked over and hugged her son. "I wish you would still be here when I get back."</p><p></p><p>"Sorry, Mama. But I have to get home."</p><p></p><p>"I know. Give Valene my love."</p><p></p><p>"I will," he promised. "Take care, Mama."</p><p></p><p>Gary watched silently as Jock and Ellie left the room.</p><p></p><p>"You think she'll be alright?"</p><p></p><p>Gary looked around and saw Lucy standing behind him. "Yeah. She'll be fine."</p><p></p><p>"You really can't stand Grandpa, can you?"</p><p></p><p>"Let's just say if this is the last time I ever lay eyes on my father, that will be just fine by me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing," Clayton stepped away from the door and invited him inside.</p><p></p><p>"You can call me JR. Where's your damn saddle tramp son?"</p><p></p><p>"In Austin," Clayton told him. "I sent him away last night."</p><p></p><p>"I need to talk to him."</p><p></p><p>"No, you really don't."</p><p></p><p>"Listen here, I know he's your son and you love him, but he's got a hell of a lot to answer to me for."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Clayton sighed. "I know." Clayton walked over to a desk in the corner of the room and picked up a thick folder. He handed it to JR and gestured for the other man to take a seat. "You'll find most of your answers in there. I'll go get you some coffee. I have a feeling it'll take you a while to get through it all."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"How are you, Mother?"</p><p></p><p>"As well as can be expected," Patricia told her. "And you? I have been worried about you."</p><p></p><p>"I'm fine, as you can see," Sue Ellen informed her.</p><p></p><p>"I'm surprised JR let you come see me without him."</p><p></p><p>"JR has a lot to deal with. He knows I needed to see you. He agreed I could come without him as long as Pam was with me."</p><p></p><p>"You and Pam are becoming quite close, aren't you?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm very lucky to have her as a friend. But I didn't come here to talk about Pam. Or JR. I have heard the tape of Cliff's shooting. No one can keep you out of prison now. Not even JR."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I know. I accept that. I just hope that you and JR can make it work this time. I want at least one of my daughters to be happy."</p><p></p><p>"Why, Mother? Why did you help Kristen hurt me?"</p><p></p><p>"I never meant to hurt you, Sue Ellen. I only wanted Kristen to have a chance to straighten out her life."</p><p></p><p>"I don't understand you at all."</p><p></p><p>"I know. Sit down. We have a lot to talk about."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR shook his head and tried to organize his thoughts. "Dusty gave you all this stuff?"</p><p></p><p>"Some of it," Clayton told him. "Some of it came from a PI I hired. Some of it came from Kristen's lawyer after I took over paying her legal bills."</p><p></p><p>"Did Sue Ellen's mother know about any of this?"</p><p></p><p>"There's no indication that she was involved in any way or that she ever knew." Clayton walked back to the desk, opened a drawer, and pulled out a cassette tape. "This is the full tape of the shooting, JR. Kristen cut off the end on the copy she had Dusty send to the police. It's probably enough to keep Mrs. Sheppard out of prison."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," JR said, taking the tape. "For everything."</p><p></p><p>"You're welcome, JR. I need you to know Dusty is a very sick man, mentally and physically. The accident caused permanent damage. Kristen found him alone and broken, earned his trust, and convinced him Sue Ellen loved and needed him. She played on his vulnerability the same as she's played on everyone else's weaknesses. He's as much her victim as anyone else in this mess. He's gone. He's in a clinic in Austin getting the help he needs. He isn't a threat to you or Sue Ellen anymore. I need you to give me your word that you'll leave him alone. He's suffered enough."</p><p></p><p>JR stood up and narrowed his eyes on Clayton's face. "You have my world that if he stays away from me and my family, I'll let him be. He comes anywhere near my wife again, and all bets are off. You understand me?"</p><p></p><p>"I understand," Clayton nodded and offered his hand to shake. "And you have a deal."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Bobby? Ray Krebbs is here to see you."</p><p></p><p>Bobby looked up to see Phyllis standing in his office door. "Show him in."</p><p></p><p>Bobby stood up and walked around his desk to greet the other man. "What are you doing here Ray?"</p><p></p><p>Ray shook Bobby's hand and took a seat. "I wanted to talk to you about tomorrow night."</p><p></p><p>"What about it?" Bobby asked him, sitting down back behind his desk.</p><p></p><p>"It was nice of Lucy to think to include me and Donna in Gary's send off...but…"</p><p></p><p>"You're worried about JR's reaction to you being there," Bobby finished for him.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Ray admitted. "I don't want to make everyone uncomfortable and I damn sure don't want any trouble with JR."</p><p></p><p>"I was there when Lucy asked JR if it was alright with him if she invited you. He didn't seem to have any problem with it."</p><p></p><p>"You sure?"</p><p></p><p>"Pretty sure," Bobby shrugged. "You know I would tell you if I thought it was a bad idea."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I know."</p><p></p><p>"Ray, no one blames you, you know. Not even JR. This is all on Jock."</p><p></p><p>"I'm glad he's going out of town a while. We all need a break from him."</p><p></p><p>"Things are going to be pretty rough when he gets back. You should prepare yourself."</p><p></p><p>"Why? What happened?"</p><p></p><p>"JR came into possession of concrete proof Jock is scheming to break up both our marriages and throw me out of the company."</p><p></p><p>"Do I even want to know how JR got his hands on that?"</p><p></p><p>"Probably not. But we're moving against him, Ray. It's going to be war. Just thought I should warn you."</p><p></p><p>Ray was silent for a few minutes then let out a loud sigh. "Anything I can do to help?"</p><p></p><p>"You sure you want to?"</p><p></p><p>"Jock may be my father, but he isn't the man I thought he was. You and JR...and Gary... you're my brothers. And you are my best friend. Yeah. I'm sure, Bobby. Just tell me what you need."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"No," Pam shook her head and stamped her foot. "Absolutely not! JR will kill us both!"</p><p></p><p>"Please, Pam!" Sue Ellen pleaded. "You heard what my mother said! Kristen isn't going to go away. I need to confront her!"</p><p></p><p>"Not without JR knowing you don't!"</p><p></p><p>"Pam, I have to do this! Besides, think about that baby!"</p><p></p><p>"What about it?" Pam asked suspiciously.</p><p></p><p>"Do you really believe she intends to keep her word about letting you and Bobby adopt it? After everything my mother told us today, you can't honestly think she intends to keep her word!"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…" Pam felt herself waivering. "I just don't want…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen snapped.</p><p></p><p>"You and JR are in such a good place right now! Keeping secrets and running around behind his back could blow up in your face. He won't take kindly to you lying to him, even if your intentions are good."</p><p></p><p>"You should listen to her," a low, silky voice came from behind them. "She's damn right."</p><p></p><p>"JR…" Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath. "I didn't hear you come in…"</p><p></p><p>"Obviously," JR barked. "Get lost, Pam. My wife and I need to have a long talk."</p><p></p><p>"Don't speak to her that way!" Sue Ellen snapped at him.</p><p></p><p>"It's fine," Pam held up her hand. "Just call me later when all this is hashed out."</p><p></p><p>JR stood silent and still as a stone until Pam was gone and he was alone with his wife. "Alright, Miss Texas. Confession time. Spill it all. Right now."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 267544, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty: ***. "JR?" JR rolled over onto his side and laid his hand on Sue Ellen's hip. "Yeah?" "Can't sleep?" "Having some trouble," he confessed. Sue Ellen reached out and stroked his cheek. "I belong to you, JR. All of me. Every single piece of me." JR couldn't help but smile. Their lovemaking tonight had been so intense. He was consumed by the need to show her that he owned her - and that she owned him. "That obvious what's bothering me, is it?" Sue Ellen smiled back at him and snuggled closer. "Dusty Farlow was a mistake I made out of desperation. I needed you. I only turned to him because you didn't want me." "But you thought you loved him." "Yes," she admitted softly. "I had to convince myself of that." "You were going to leave me for him." "I was so hurt and confused. You and I were at each other's throats. You hurt me so badly. I…" She took a deep breath and forced herself to continue. "JR, none of that matters now. We were different people then. I don't want anyone but you. Not Dusty. Not anyone. I belong to you." JR rolled into his back and pulled her on top of him. "I belong to you, Sue Ellen." "I know," she breathed out against his mouth. "No more doubts, JR," she positioned herself to slide down and take him inside her, "not from either of us." *** "Where are you taking her?" Jock looked up at his son and narrowed his eyes. "California. Nappa Valley. Why?" "Just want to know where we can find her, that's all," Gary told him. "Not concerned about being able to find me?" "No," Gary told him truthfully. "I don't give a damn where you go." "All you boys better start showing me proper respect. Your mama is taking me back and I'll be head of this house again soon." "Mama can do whatever she wants. But you'll get no respect. Not from me anyway." "You always were too stupid for your own good." "I was smart enough to get away from you," Gary shot back. "Jock?" Both men turned their heads to see Ellie standing in the doorway. "What's going on?" "Nothing important," Jock grunted. "You ready to go?" "Yes. My bags are by the door." Ellie walked over and hugged her son. "I wish you would still be here when I get back." "Sorry, Mama. But I have to get home." "I know. Give Valene my love." "I will," he promised. "Take care, Mama." Gary watched silently as Jock and Ellie left the room. "You think she'll be alright?" Gary looked around and saw Lucy standing behind him. "Yeah. She'll be fine." "You really can't stand Grandpa, can you?" "Let's just say if this is the last time I ever lay eyes on my father, that will be just fine by me." *** "Mr. Ewing," Clayton stepped away from the door and invited him inside. "You can call me JR. Where's your damn saddle tramp son?" "In Austin," Clayton told him. "I sent him away last night." "I need to talk to him." "No, you really don't." "Listen here, I know he's your son and you love him, but he's got a hell of a lot to answer to me for." "Yes," Clayton sighed. "I know." Clayton walked over to a desk in the corner of the room and picked up a thick folder. He handed it to JR and gestured for the other man to take a seat. "You'll find most of your answers in there. I'll go get you some coffee. I have a feeling it'll take you a while to get through it all." *** "How are you, Mother?" "As well as can be expected," Patricia told her. "And you? I have been worried about you." "I'm fine, as you can see," Sue Ellen informed her. "I'm surprised JR let you come see me without him." "JR has a lot to deal with. He knows I needed to see you. He agreed I could come without him as long as Pam was with me." "You and Pam are becoming quite close, aren't you?" "I'm very lucky to have her as a friend. But I didn't come here to talk about Pam. Or JR. I have heard the tape of Cliff's shooting. No one can keep you out of prison now. Not even JR." "Yes. I know. I accept that. I just hope that you and JR can make it work this time. I want at least one of my daughters to be happy." "Why, Mother? Why did you help Kristen hurt me?" "I never meant to hurt you, Sue Ellen. I only wanted Kristen to have a chance to straighten out her life." "I don't understand you at all." "I know. Sit down. We have a lot to talk about." *** JR shook his head and tried to organize his thoughts. "Dusty gave you all this stuff?" "Some of it," Clayton told him. "Some of it came from a PI I hired. Some of it came from Kristen's lawyer after I took over paying her legal bills." "Did Sue Ellen's mother know about any of this?" "There's no indication that she was involved in any way or that she ever knew." Clayton walked back to the desk, opened a drawer, and pulled out a cassette tape. "This is the full tape of the shooting, JR. Kristen cut off the end on the copy she had Dusty send to the police. It's probably enough to keep Mrs. Sheppard out of prison." "Thank you," JR said, taking the tape. "For everything." "You're welcome, JR. I need you to know Dusty is a very sick man, mentally and physically. The accident caused permanent damage. Kristen found him alone and broken, earned his trust, and convinced him Sue Ellen loved and needed him. She played on his vulnerability the same as she's played on everyone else's weaknesses. He's as much her victim as anyone else in this mess. He's gone. He's in a clinic in Austin getting the help he needs. He isn't a threat to you or Sue Ellen anymore. I need you to give me your word that you'll leave him alone. He's suffered enough." JR stood up and narrowed his eyes on Clayton's face. "You have my world that if he stays away from me and my family, I'll let him be. He comes anywhere near my wife again, and all bets are off. You understand me?" "I understand," Clayton nodded and offered his hand to shake. "And you have a deal." *** "Bobby? Ray Krebbs is here to see you." Bobby looked up to see Phyllis standing in his office door. "Show him in." Bobby stood up and walked around his desk to greet the other man. "What are you doing here Ray?" Ray shook Bobby's hand and took a seat. "I wanted to talk to you about tomorrow night." "What about it?" Bobby asked him, sitting down back behind his desk. "It was nice of Lucy to think to include me and Donna in Gary's send off...but…" "You're worried about JR's reaction to you being there," Bobby finished for him. "Yes," Ray admitted. "I don't want to make everyone uncomfortable and I damn sure don't want any trouble with JR." "I was there when Lucy asked JR if it was alright with him if she invited you. He didn't seem to have any problem with it." "You sure?" "Pretty sure," Bobby shrugged. "You know I would tell you if I thought it was a bad idea." "Yeah. I know." "Ray, no one blames you, you know. Not even JR. This is all on Jock." "I'm glad he's going out of town a while. We all need a break from him." "Things are going to be pretty rough when he gets back. You should prepare yourself." "Why? What happened?" "JR came into possession of concrete proof Jock is scheming to break up both our marriages and throw me out of the company." "Do I even want to know how JR got his hands on that?" "Probably not. But we're moving against him, Ray. It's going to be war. Just thought I should warn you." Ray was silent for a few minutes then let out a loud sigh. "Anything I can do to help?" "You sure you want to?" "Jock may be my father, but he isn't the man I thought he was. You and JR...and Gary... you're my brothers. And you are my best friend. Yeah. I'm sure, Bobby. Just tell me what you need." *** "No," Pam shook her head and stamped her foot. "Absolutely not! JR will kill us both!" "Please, Pam!" Sue Ellen pleaded. "You heard what my mother said! Kristen isn't going to go away. I need to confront her!" "Not without JR knowing you don't!" "Pam, I have to do this! Besides, think about that baby!" "What about it?" Pam asked suspiciously. "Do you really believe she intends to keep her word about letting you and Bobby adopt it? After everything my mother told us today, you can't honestly think she intends to keep her word!" "Sue Ellen…" Pam felt herself waivering. "I just don't want…" "What?" Sue Ellen snapped. "You and JR are in such a good place right now! Keeping secrets and running around behind his back could blow up in your face. He won't take kindly to you lying to him, even if your intentions are good." "You should listen to her," a low, silky voice came from behind them. "She's damn right." "JR…" Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath. "I didn't hear you come in…" "Obviously," JR barked. "Get lost, Pam. My wife and I need to have a long talk." "Don't speak to her that way!" Sue Ellen snapped at him. "It's fine," Pam held up her hand. "Just call me later when all this is hashed out." JR stood silent and still as a stone until Pam was gone and he was alone with his wife. "Alright, Miss Texas. Confession time. Spill it all. Right now." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top