Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 267687" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-one</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"I'm not a child JR," Sue Ellen seethed. "Stop ordering me around like I am!"</p><p></p><p>JR chuckled lowly, took off his hat, tossed it on the coffee table, and sat down beside her. "Stop deflecting and start talking," he told her.</p><p></p><p>"My mother told me a lot of things about Kristen today that I didn't know. And she's never going to stop, JR. She'll never leave me alone. I need to talk to her and let her know the game is over."</p><p></p><p>"And the reason you felt the need to do it behind my back?"</p><p></p><p>"I knew you'd object to me seeing her. I would have told you afterwards, JR. I wouldn't have kept it a secret from you."</p><p></p><p>"Is that so?" He mocked her.</p><p></p><p>"Yes, that's so!" She insisted.</p><p></p><p>"One of these days, Sue Ellen, you're going to learn to trust me enough to know you don't ever have to hide anything from me. But until then...well let's just say I came home when I did and stopped you from doing something stupid."</p><p></p><p>"You haven't stopped me, JR," she informed him cooly. "I'm going to see my sister whether you like it or not!"</p><p></p><p>"Oh, you're going to see her alright, Miss Texas. We're going to see her together. While you were visiting with your mother, I had a visit of my own."</p><p></p><p>"With who?"</p><p></p><p>"Clayton Farlow."</p><p></p><p>"What? Why?'</p><p></p><p>"You knew I was going to the Southern Cross to confront Dusty about Miranda. Dusty wasn't there. His father was, though."</p><p></p><p>"And he talked to you?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR told her. "Sue Ellen, I'm sure whatever your mother told you was true - from her perspective. But she couldn't have told you the whole truth, because Kristen has been lying to and manipulating her the same as everyone else."</p><p></p><p>"Why would Clayton Farlow have any information at all about my sister?"</p><p></p><p>"Because your cowboy had been working with her to destroy our marriage. And he's not the only one."</p><p></p><p>"Who else?"</p><p></p><p>JR took a deep breath and draped his arm around her shoulder. "My father," he told her evenly.</p><p></p><p>"Jock?" Sue Ellen gasped in shock. "Jock has been plotting with Kristen?"</p><p></p><p>"Afraid so," JR sighed. "But the game is over now, Sue Ellen. I have enough on my Daddy to put him in his place for once and for all."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You like the room?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie turned away from the window to face her husband. "It's lovely, Jock."</p><p></p><p>"You were awful quiet during the trip. You okay?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm fine. I suppose I've just been thinking."</p><p></p><p>"About what?"</p><p></p><p>"Our family," Ellie said softly. "I know if you and I go back to Southfork together Pam and Bobby will leave. Maybe Lucy too. It's a hard pill to swallow."</p><p></p><p>"You coddle them too much," Jock snapped. "Get tough and they'll fall right back into line. JR too."</p><p></p><p>"No, Jock. They won't. You don't have any real understanding of how hurt and disgusted they are by you. You live in some sort of fantasy world in your head where you think you can just bark out orders for forgiveness and everyone will do as you ask. That may have been true at one time, Jock. But it's not anymore."</p><p></p><p>"You're making too much out of all this, Ellie. By the time we get back to Southfork everything will be settled and back to normal with the boys."</p><p></p><p>"Things will never be normal st Southfork again," Ellie smiled sadly. "This trip is about more than just saving our marriage. It's about me choosing between my husband and my children."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"That can't be right," Jordan Lee's eyes were wide and his jaw was slack.</p><p></p><p>"It's right," Bobby assured him. "I checked it four times."</p><p></p><p>"But...that would mean your father…"</p><p></p><p>"Has been lying to you about how much oil those wells are producing and cutting you and the rest of the cartel out of your rightful profits."</p><p></p><p>"I just can't believe this. Jock has always been an honorable man."</p><p></p><p>Bobby sank back in his chair and studied the other man's face carefully. "Jock has always pretended to be an honorable man," he finally said. "The truth is there are dozens of deals like this going back for the last ten years. Jock had quite the scheme going. Cut deals for profit sharing to lessen his risk, then lie about the profits and increase his returns."</p><p></p><p>"How can it be that we never caught him?"</p><p></p><p>"You did a few times. He blamed JR and paid the difference."</p><p></p><p>"Now, just a minute," Jordan protested, "you won't ever convince me that JR is innocent in any of those deals."</p><p></p><p>"I won't try to. You're right; JR isn't innocent. He's pulled his fair share of wool over yours eyes in the past as well. But where do you think JR learned all his tricks? And who do you think approved all his schemes?"</p><p></p><p>"Why are you telling me this now?"</p><p></p><p>"Because JR and I are tired of being pawns in our daddy's games. We're branching out on our own. I'm showing you this so you'll know Ewing Oil has cheated you over and over."</p><p></p><p>"So we'll throw in with you against Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"JR is still a problem."</p><p></p><p>"JR and I will be equal partners. He won't be able to manipulate around me. And the truth is, he doesn't want to. He wants a fresh start. He wants to prove he can be an honorable man."</p><p></p><p>"Ewing Oil owes us all a lot of money."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby agreed. "Throw in with me abd JR and we'll make sure you get every cent."</p><p></p><p>"I need to talk to the rest of the cartel, but…"</p><p></p><p>"But what?" Bobby pushed him.</p><p></p><p>"But I think you have yourself a deal."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Ray sipped his coffee and checked his watch. Donna was late, as usual.</p><p></p><p>He let his mind run back over his earlier conversation with Bobby. It was hard for him to wrap his brain around the fact that JR had thrown in with his younger brother over Jock.</p><p></p><p>Ray and JR had been very close at one time. They'd spent so much time together drinking and womanizing. Ray had softened and grown up over the years, but JR had remained that same selfish bastard. They'd grown apart and Ray had developed a real disdain for the oldest Ewing son.</p><p></p><p>But Bobby seemed to trust JR now. Completely. Ray prayed it wasn't a huge mistake. JR was a schemer. It wouldn't surprise Ray a bit for JR to turn his back on his younger brother to slide back into Jock's good graces.</p><p></p><p>"Sorry, I'm late," Donna appeared beside him, kissed him on the cheek, and sat down at the table. "How did it go with Bobby?"</p><p></p><p>"Fine," Ray told her. "He's sure JR won't have any problem with me coming to the BBQ."</p><p></p><p>"JR really seems to be handling the situation with his father very well."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. So far. Hey, Donna?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes?" She asked, picking up a many and glancing over the options. </p><p></p><p>"The family needs to know the whole truth about Jock."</p><p></p><p>"What?" She put down the menu and swallowed hard. "Ray….no… I can't."</p><p></p><p>"You have to," Ray frowned. "Right now everyone is mad at Jock. But I don't think any of them - except maybe JR - know the true depth of that man's character flaws."</p><p></p><p>"But, Ray, you know I only told you that to help ease your mind about your feelings over Jock. I can't tell the rest of the world. I don't want Sam's memory to be tarnished."</p><p></p><p>"I know. But, Donna, they have a right to know who Jock really is and how ruthless he can be. They're moving against him in a big way. They should have a clear understanding of what they're dealing with."</p><p></p><p>"Ray...what you're asking me to do…"</p><p></p><p>"I know, Donna," Ray said softly. "And I wouldn't ask you if I thought there was any other way. I'm sorry honey. But you're going to have to tell the Ewings about what happened to Jonas Culver."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You going to talk to Pam tonight?" JR said into the phone. "Alright. No. She's fine. We're heading over to Kristen's shortly. Okay, Bobby. We'll talk soon."</p><p></p><p>JR put the phone down and walked back to the couch. "Looks like the cartel is throwing in with me and Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"That's good news," Sue Ellen said distractedly. "JR, about Pam…"</p><p></p><p>"Bobby will handle that," JR cut her off. "We need to stay out of it."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and chewed at her bottom lip. "Clayton Farlow certainly had one hell of a private investigator."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I'm very impressed."</p><p></p><p>"So what now, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Now, we take the tape of the shooting to Kiefer and get your mother out of jail. Then we go see Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"My poor mother," Sue Ellen sighed. "Kristen really had her snowed."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen...how come you didn't believe Kristen's story?"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"What your mother told you today, you rejected it out of hand. Why? It's not like there wasn't a time that I would have done every single thing Kristen accused me of."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed and shook her head. "JR you were a liar and a cheat, but there are lines that even you would never cross. You wouldn't hurt me. Not even during our darkest times together."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"Don't," she reached over and cupped his face in her hands. "Kristen is sick. She needs to be locked away someplace where she can get the help she needs and never have the opportunity to ever hurt anyone else. Let's just take care of that. We'll deal with everything else later."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Sue Ellen," JR kissed her softly. "And you're right, you know. I never would hurt you the way Kristen said."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen kissed him again and hugged him tightly. "I love you, JR. I always have. And I always will."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 267687, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-one ***. "I'm not a child JR," Sue Ellen seethed. "Stop ordering me around like I am!" JR chuckled lowly, took off his hat, tossed it on the coffee table, and sat down beside her. "Stop deflecting and start talking," he told her. "My mother told me a lot of things about Kristen today that I didn't know. And she's never going to stop, JR. She'll never leave me alone. I need to talk to her and let her know the game is over." "And the reason you felt the need to do it behind my back?" "I knew you'd object to me seeing her. I would have told you afterwards, JR. I wouldn't have kept it a secret from you." "Is that so?" He mocked her. "Yes, that's so!" She insisted. "One of these days, Sue Ellen, you're going to learn to trust me enough to know you don't ever have to hide anything from me. But until then...well let's just say I came home when I did and stopped you from doing something stupid." "You haven't stopped me, JR," she informed him cooly. "I'm going to see my sister whether you like it or not!" "Oh, you're going to see her alright, Miss Texas. We're going to see her together. While you were visiting with your mother, I had a visit of my own." "With who?" "Clayton Farlow." "What? Why?' "You knew I was going to the Southern Cross to confront Dusty about Miranda. Dusty wasn't there. His father was, though." "And he talked to you?" "Yes," JR told her. "Sue Ellen, I'm sure whatever your mother told you was true - from her perspective. But she couldn't have told you the whole truth, because Kristen has been lying to and manipulating her the same as everyone else." "Why would Clayton Farlow have any information at all about my sister?" "Because your cowboy had been working with her to destroy our marriage. And he's not the only one." "Who else?" JR took a deep breath and draped his arm around her shoulder. "My father," he told her evenly. "Jock?" Sue Ellen gasped in shock. "Jock has been plotting with Kristen?" "Afraid so," JR sighed. "But the game is over now, Sue Ellen. I have enough on my Daddy to put him in his place for once and for all." *** "You like the room?" Ellie turned away from the window to face her husband. "It's lovely, Jock." "You were awful quiet during the trip. You okay?" "I'm fine. I suppose I've just been thinking." "About what?" "Our family," Ellie said softly. "I know if you and I go back to Southfork together Pam and Bobby will leave. Maybe Lucy too. It's a hard pill to swallow." "You coddle them too much," Jock snapped. "Get tough and they'll fall right back into line. JR too." "No, Jock. They won't. You don't have any real understanding of how hurt and disgusted they are by you. You live in some sort of fantasy world in your head where you think you can just bark out orders for forgiveness and everyone will do as you ask. That may have been true at one time, Jock. But it's not anymore." "You're making too much out of all this, Ellie. By the time we get back to Southfork everything will be settled and back to normal with the boys." "Things will never be normal st Southfork again," Ellie smiled sadly. "This trip is about more than just saving our marriage. It's about me choosing between my husband and my children." *** "That can't be right," Jordan Lee's eyes were wide and his jaw was slack. "It's right," Bobby assured him. "I checked it four times." "But...that would mean your father…" "Has been lying to you about how much oil those wells are producing and cutting you and the rest of the cartel out of your rightful profits." "I just can't believe this. Jock has always been an honorable man." Bobby sank back in his chair and studied the other man's face carefully. "Jock has always pretended to be an honorable man," he finally said. "The truth is there are dozens of deals like this going back for the last ten years. Jock had quite the scheme going. Cut deals for profit sharing to lessen his risk, then lie about the profits and increase his returns." "How can it be that we never caught him?" "You did a few times. He blamed JR and paid the difference." "Now, just a minute," Jordan protested, "you won't ever convince me that JR is innocent in any of those deals." "I won't try to. You're right; JR isn't innocent. He's pulled his fair share of wool over yours eyes in the past as well. But where do you think JR learned all his tricks? And who do you think approved all his schemes?" "Why are you telling me this now?" "Because JR and I are tired of being pawns in our daddy's games. We're branching out on our own. I'm showing you this so you'll know Ewing Oil has cheated you over and over." "So we'll throw in with you against Ewing Oil?" "Yes." "JR is still a problem." "JR and I will be equal partners. He won't be able to manipulate around me. And the truth is, he doesn't want to. He wants a fresh start. He wants to prove he can be an honorable man." "Ewing Oil owes us all a lot of money." "Yes," Bobby agreed. "Throw in with me abd JR and we'll make sure you get every cent." "I need to talk to the rest of the cartel, but…" "But what?" Bobby pushed him. "But I think you have yourself a deal." *** Ray sipped his coffee and checked his watch. Donna was late, as usual. He let his mind run back over his earlier conversation with Bobby. It was hard for him to wrap his brain around the fact that JR had thrown in with his younger brother over Jock. Ray and JR had been very close at one time. They'd spent so much time together drinking and womanizing. Ray had softened and grown up over the years, but JR had remained that same selfish bastard. They'd grown apart and Ray had developed a real disdain for the oldest Ewing son. But Bobby seemed to trust JR now. Completely. Ray prayed it wasn't a huge mistake. JR was a schemer. It wouldn't surprise Ray a bit for JR to turn his back on his younger brother to slide back into Jock's good graces. "Sorry, I'm late," Donna appeared beside him, kissed him on the cheek, and sat down at the table. "How did it go with Bobby?" "Fine," Ray told her. "He's sure JR won't have any problem with me coming to the BBQ." "JR really seems to be handling the situation with his father very well." "Yeah. So far. Hey, Donna?" "Yes?" She asked, picking up a many and glancing over the options. "The family needs to know the whole truth about Jock." "What?" She put down the menu and swallowed hard. "Ray….no… I can't." "You have to," Ray frowned. "Right now everyone is mad at Jock. But I don't think any of them - except maybe JR - know the true depth of that man's character flaws." "But, Ray, you know I only told you that to help ease your mind about your feelings over Jock. I can't tell the rest of the world. I don't want Sam's memory to be tarnished." "I know. But, Donna, they have a right to know who Jock really is and how ruthless he can be. They're moving against him in a big way. They should have a clear understanding of what they're dealing with." "Ray...what you're asking me to do…" "I know, Donna," Ray said softly. "And I wouldn't ask you if I thought there was any other way. I'm sorry honey. But you're going to have to tell the Ewings about what happened to Jonas Culver." *** "You going to talk to Pam tonight?" JR said into the phone. "Alright. No. She's fine. We're heading over to Kristen's shortly. Okay, Bobby. We'll talk soon." JR put the phone down and walked back to the couch. "Looks like the cartel is throwing in with me and Bobby." "That's good news," Sue Ellen said distractedly. "JR, about Pam…" "Bobby will handle that," JR cut her off. "We need to stay out of it." Sue Ellen nodded and chewed at her bottom lip. "Clayton Farlow certainly had one hell of a private investigator." "Yeah. I'm very impressed." "So what now, JR?" "Now, we take the tape of the shooting to Kiefer and get your mother out of jail. Then we go see Kristen." "My poor mother," Sue Ellen sighed. "Kristen really had her snowed." "Sue Ellen...how come you didn't believe Kristen's story?" "What?" "What your mother told you today, you rejected it out of hand. Why? It's not like there wasn't a time that I would have done every single thing Kristen accused me of." Sue Ellen laughed and shook her head. "JR you were a liar and a cheat, but there are lines that even you would never cross. You wouldn't hurt me. Not even during our darkest times together." "Sue Ellen…" "Don't," she reached over and cupped his face in her hands. "Kristen is sick. She needs to be locked away someplace where she can get the help she needs and never have the opportunity to ever hurt anyone else. Let's just take care of that. We'll deal with everything else later." "Alright, Sue Ellen," JR kissed her softly. "And you're right, you know. I never would hurt you the way Kristen said." Sue Ellen kissed him again and hugged him tightly. "I love you, JR. I always have. And I always will." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top