Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 267838" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-three</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"That ought to do it," JR grumbled as he signed the last check. "Paying the cartel back what Daddy skimmed is costing us a damn fortune."</p><p></p><p>"Well worth it," Bobby said.</p><p></p><p>"Easy for you to say," JR laughed. "You're not the one signing the checks!"</p><p></p><p>Bobby chuckled along with his brother, then shook his head. "You talk to Ray?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," JR made a face. "Said that Culver woman had something important to tell us tonight."</p><p></p><p>"Wonder what it is?"</p><p></p><p>"Who knows?" JR shrugged, "with Daddy it could be anything. '</p><p></p><p>"How's Sue Ellen today?"</p><p></p><p>"Holding on. But barely. She went to see her mother this morning. That always upsets her. Pam?"</p><p></p><p>"Hard to say," Bobby sighed. "She's glad to have finally found her mother, but hurt that Rebecca doesn't seem to be interested in any kind of relationship."</p><p></p><p>"That might change with time."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe," Bobby mused. "Oh hey, did Sue Ellen tell you her and Pam were looking for new houses? They want to be in the same neighborhood."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," JR chuckled. "You and I have something to decide between the two of us about that."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Who gets custody of Lucy," JR laughed again. </p><p></p><p>"Draw straws? Short straw has to take her?"</p><p></p><p>The brothers laughed together. For the first time in their adult lives, there was no anger or resentment or distrust between them. Only love.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I'm already getting a stomach!" Sue Ellen groused. "I'll be as big as a house before long!"</p><p></p><p>Pam chuckled and shook her head. "Please. You hardly gained any weight at all when you were pregnant with John Ross."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen sighed. "But I was drinking more than I was eating."</p><p></p><p>"I am so proud of you, Sue Ellen. You've put all that behind you."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Pam...I…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"I just want to say how sorry I am for how I treated you in the past. You were never anything but kind to me and I was so awful to you."</p><p></p><p>"You were going through so much, Sue Ellen. I never took it personally."</p><p></p><p>"The way you were with me after I was arrested, I'll never forget that. I needed a friend so badly and I am so blessed to have had you. I won't ever take our friendship for granted again."</p><p></p><p>"Me either, Sue Ellen," Pam reached out and squeezed the other woman's hand. "Me either."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR sat back in his patio chair and watched his family. Lucy's BBQ was a resounding success. Everyone was having such a good time. It was such a shame that this would be the last time they'd all be together here at Southfork.</p><p></p><p>"Mind if I sit?"</p><p></p><p>JR looked up to see Ray and shrugged.</p><p></p><p>"Look, JR," Ray said, taking a seat, "I know things are going to be awkward between us…"</p><p></p><p>"Do you still want my wife?" JR blurted out.</p><p></p><p>"No," Ray sighed heavily. "I don't have any interest in Sue Ellen at all."</p><p></p><p>"That's what I thought," JR told him. "I remember the night you pulled my drunk ass out of a bar and took me home to her. Let's just call it even."</p><p></p><p>"Even?"</p><p></p><p>"You slept with her back when you and I were both bastards. But you helped me get back to her now that we've both changed. Let's just call it even."</p><p></p><p>"You mean that, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. The past is the past. Best to let it go, don't you think?"</p><p></p><p>"I do," Ray said with a genuine smile. "I really do."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You gonna call the boys and tell them?"</p><p></p><p>"Not tonight," Ellie told her husband. "Lucy is having a BBQ for Gary. I'll let them enjoy their evening. Besides, I spoke to Bobby last night. I'm sure he's figured out what I decided already.</p><p></p><p>"I don't think it'll be as bad as you think, Ellie," Jock told her. "They'll both get over it."</p><p></p><p>"I doubt that seriously," Ellie sighed. "And you remember what I told you. Back off. Drop your crazy schemes and leave them alone. Let them take their wives and live happy lives away from us."</p><p></p><p>"Ellie, I don't think…."</p><p></p><p>"I mean it, Jock," she cut him off. "I'll take you back, but you have to let our boys go!"</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Ellie," Jock gave in reluctantly. "Whatever you want."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I'm going to be sick."</p><p></p><p>JR looked over and his wife, concern on his face."You need some water, honey?"</p><p></p><p>"I'll get it," Lucy jumped up. She poured a glass of water from a pitcher at the bar and walked over to hand it to her aunt. "Here. Drink this."</p><p></p><p>"This is just awful," Pam said sadly.</p><p></p><p>Donna had just finished telling the whole story about Jock and Sam Culver forcing Jonas into an insane asylum so that they could drill on his land and steal his oil and how Jonas had reacted by taking his own life.</p><p></p><p>"I, for one, am not the least bit surprised," Gary grumbled.</p><p></p><p>"You have proof of all this, Donna?" Bobby asked her.</p><p></p><p>"I do," Donna nodded. "I never wanted it to be public. But…"</p><p></p><p>"It doesn't need to be," JR interrupted her. "The threat of exposure will be all we need to put Daddy down once and for all."</p><p></p><p>"So you think we should use this?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p>"Why not?" JR shrugged. "He was going to use everything he had on us to get his way. No reason we shouldn't do the same."</p><p></p><p>"But there is a reason, JR," Pam protested. "We're better than that!"</p><p></p><p>"Are we?" JR challenged her. "Maybe you are. I'm not. I am, after all, my father's son."</p><p></p><p>"I don't know, JR," Bobby said thoughtfully. "Do we really want to go that low?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Gary spoke up. "I agree with JR. We use it. He wouldn't hesitate to use something this bad against us, would he?"</p><p></p><p>"We all have to agree," Ray spoke for the first time. "All or nothing."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby…" Pam's voice was shaking. </p><p></p><p>"Sorry, Pam," Bobby said evenly. "I say we use it."</p><p></p><p>"You know how I feel," JR said.</p><p></p><p>"Use it," Gary nodded.</p><p></p><p>"It's unanimous then," Ray agreed. "We stand together to take our father down."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You okay?" Bobby found JR alone in the Jock's study, nursing a drink. "Everyone is looking for you."</p><p></p><p>"Been a rough night," JR said truthfully. "I told Ray we should put the past behind us. I meant it, but it still bothers me no matter how hard I try to push it out of my head. Thinking about never coming back to Southfork. This has always been my home and I'm going to miss it. And that stuff with Daddy and Sam Culver…"</p><p></p><p>"Hard to believe Daddy would do something that purely evil, isn't it?"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR sighed. "And that's what's bothering me. I have no trouble believing it. Because I have no doubt I would have done exactly the same thing."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe that was true once," Bobby said quietly. "But it's not anymore."</p><p></p><p>"How can you be so sure?" JR asked him.</p><p></p><p>"Don't know," Bobby answered truthfully. "I just am. JR none of us are perfect. Me, Gary, Ray...we've all done awful things, all made mistakes. Some of it can be chalked up to human nature and genetic character flaws. A lot of it was Jock's influence though. He left his mark on us all, but he left it on you the most. Mama even admits that."</p><p></p><p>"Doesn't excuse half the things I've done," JR grumbled.</p><p></p><p>"So what? Look at you now? Look at how you've repaired your life, your marriage. Look how much Sue Ellen loves you. And Lucy! Lucy would go to war for you. And Pam, Pam actually enjoys your company and trusts your words now. And me, JR. Look at how much your brother loves and believes in you. I am jumping off a cliff with you, starting this new business, going after Daddy. I wouldn't do that if I wasn't sure."</p><p></p><p>"But Bobby," JR shook his head, "what if I backslide? What if I mess up and go back to my old ways?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't think you ever will, JR. But if you do, we'll all be there to pull you back and smack some sense into you," Bobby sighed deeply and reached out to put his hands on JR's shoulders. "JR, we all know who you were. But we all know who you are now. We've forgiven you. All of us. Now you have to forgive yourself."</p><p></p><p>JR struggled to find the right words.to respond, but they were interrupted by Ray who came tearing into the study, a look of pure panic on his face.</p><p></p><p>"What is it, Ray?" JR asked, backing away from Bobby.</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ellie is on the phone with Gary," Ray said in a rush of air.</p><p></p><p>"So?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p>"It's Jock," Gary told them. "He had another stroke. Bad one. She's got him at the hospital and…"</p><p></p><p>"And what?" JR demanded.</p><p></p><p>"She said she doesn't think he's going to make it."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 267838, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-three ***. "That ought to do it," JR grumbled as he signed the last check. "Paying the cartel back what Daddy skimmed is costing us a damn fortune." "Well worth it," Bobby said. "Easy for you to say," JR laughed. "You're not the one signing the checks!" Bobby chuckled along with his brother, then shook his head. "You talk to Ray?" "Yeah," JR made a face. "Said that Culver woman had something important to tell us tonight." "Wonder what it is?" "Who knows?" JR shrugged, "with Daddy it could be anything. ' "How's Sue Ellen today?" "Holding on. But barely. She went to see her mother this morning. That always upsets her. Pam?" "Hard to say," Bobby sighed. "She's glad to have finally found her mother, but hurt that Rebecca doesn't seem to be interested in any kind of relationship." "That might change with time." "Maybe," Bobby mused. "Oh hey, did Sue Ellen tell you her and Pam were looking for new houses? They want to be in the same neighborhood." "Yeah," JR chuckled. "You and I have something to decide between the two of us about that." "What?" "Who gets custody of Lucy," JR laughed again. "Draw straws? Short straw has to take her?" The brothers laughed together. For the first time in their adult lives, there was no anger or resentment or distrust between them. Only love. *** "I'm already getting a stomach!" Sue Ellen groused. "I'll be as big as a house before long!" Pam chuckled and shook her head. "Please. You hardly gained any weight at all when you were pregnant with John Ross." "Yes," Sue Ellen sighed. "But I was drinking more than I was eating." "I am so proud of you, Sue Ellen. You've put all that behind you." "Yes. Pam...I…" "What?" "I just want to say how sorry I am for how I treated you in the past. You were never anything but kind to me and I was so awful to you." "You were going through so much, Sue Ellen. I never took it personally." "The way you were with me after I was arrested, I'll never forget that. I needed a friend so badly and I am so blessed to have had you. I won't ever take our friendship for granted again." "Me either, Sue Ellen," Pam reached out and squeezed the other woman's hand. "Me either." *** JR sat back in his patio chair and watched his family. Lucy's BBQ was a resounding success. Everyone was having such a good time. It was such a shame that this would be the last time they'd all be together here at Southfork. "Mind if I sit?" JR looked up to see Ray and shrugged. "Look, JR," Ray said, taking a seat, "I know things are going to be awkward between us…" "Do you still want my wife?" JR blurted out. "No," Ray sighed heavily. "I don't have any interest in Sue Ellen at all." "That's what I thought," JR told him. "I remember the night you pulled my drunk ass out of a bar and took me home to her. Let's just call it even." "Even?" "You slept with her back when you and I were both bastards. But you helped me get back to her now that we've both changed. Let's just call it even." "You mean that, JR?" "Yeah. The past is the past. Best to let it go, don't you think?" "I do," Ray said with a genuine smile. "I really do." *** "You gonna call the boys and tell them?" "Not tonight," Ellie told her husband. "Lucy is having a BBQ for Gary. I'll let them enjoy their evening. Besides, I spoke to Bobby last night. I'm sure he's figured out what I decided already. "I don't think it'll be as bad as you think, Ellie," Jock told her. "They'll both get over it." "I doubt that seriously," Ellie sighed. "And you remember what I told you. Back off. Drop your crazy schemes and leave them alone. Let them take their wives and live happy lives away from us." "Ellie, I don't think…." "I mean it, Jock," she cut him off. "I'll take you back, but you have to let our boys go!" "Alright, Ellie," Jock gave in reluctantly. "Whatever you want." *** "I'm going to be sick." JR looked over and his wife, concern on his face."You need some water, honey?" "I'll get it," Lucy jumped up. She poured a glass of water from a pitcher at the bar and walked over to hand it to her aunt. "Here. Drink this." "This is just awful," Pam said sadly. Donna had just finished telling the whole story about Jock and Sam Culver forcing Jonas into an insane asylum so that they could drill on his land and steal his oil and how Jonas had reacted by taking his own life. "I, for one, am not the least bit surprised," Gary grumbled. "You have proof of all this, Donna?" Bobby asked her. "I do," Donna nodded. "I never wanted it to be public. But…" "It doesn't need to be," JR interrupted her. "The threat of exposure will be all we need to put Daddy down once and for all." "So you think we should use this?" Bobby asked. "Why not?" JR shrugged. "He was going to use everything he had on us to get his way. No reason we shouldn't do the same." "But there is a reason, JR," Pam protested. "We're better than that!" "Are we?" JR challenged her. "Maybe you are. I'm not. I am, after all, my father's son." "I don't know, JR," Bobby said thoughtfully. "Do we really want to go that low?" "Yes," Gary spoke up. "I agree with JR. We use it. He wouldn't hesitate to use something this bad against us, would he?" "We all have to agree," Ray spoke for the first time. "All or nothing." "Bobby…" Pam's voice was shaking. "Sorry, Pam," Bobby said evenly. "I say we use it." "You know how I feel," JR said. "Use it," Gary nodded. "It's unanimous then," Ray agreed. "We stand together to take our father down." *** "You okay?" Bobby found JR alone in the Jock's study, nursing a drink. "Everyone is looking for you." "Been a rough night," JR said truthfully. "I told Ray we should put the past behind us. I meant it, but it still bothers me no matter how hard I try to push it out of my head. Thinking about never coming back to Southfork. This has always been my home and I'm going to miss it. And that stuff with Daddy and Sam Culver…" "Hard to believe Daddy would do something that purely evil, isn't it?" "No," JR sighed. "And that's what's bothering me. I have no trouble believing it. Because I have no doubt I would have done exactly the same thing." "Maybe that was true once," Bobby said quietly. "But it's not anymore." "How can you be so sure?" JR asked him. "Don't know," Bobby answered truthfully. "I just am. JR none of us are perfect. Me, Gary, Ray...we've all done awful things, all made mistakes. Some of it can be chalked up to human nature and genetic character flaws. A lot of it was Jock's influence though. He left his mark on us all, but he left it on you the most. Mama even admits that." "Doesn't excuse half the things I've done," JR grumbled. "So what? Look at you now? Look at how you've repaired your life, your marriage. Look how much Sue Ellen loves you. And Lucy! Lucy would go to war for you. And Pam, Pam actually enjoys your company and trusts your words now. And me, JR. Look at how much your brother loves and believes in you. I am jumping off a cliff with you, starting this new business, going after Daddy. I wouldn't do that if I wasn't sure." "But Bobby," JR shook his head, "what if I backslide? What if I mess up and go back to my old ways?" "I don't think you ever will, JR. But if you do, we'll all be there to pull you back and smack some sense into you," Bobby sighed deeply and reached out to put his hands on JR's shoulders. "JR, we all know who you were. But we all know who you are now. We've forgiven you. All of us. Now you have to forgive yourself." JR struggled to find the right words.to respond, but they were interrupted by Ray who came tearing into the study, a look of pure panic on his face. "What is it, Ray?" JR asked, backing away from Bobby. "Miss Ellie is on the phone with Gary," Ray said in a rush of air. "So?" Bobby asked. "It's Jock," Gary told them. "He had another stroke. Bad one. She's got him at the hospital and…" "And what?" JR demanded. "She said she doesn't think he's going to make it." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top