Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 268222" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-five:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen didn't know how she was supposed to sleep. It was strange enough being back at Southfork, but without JR beside her, she didn't think she could relax at all.</p><p></p><p>Gary had called Valene earlier and told the women what they'd learned from the doctors. Jock was gone. Even if he lived, he would be nothing more than an empty shell. Bobby had called and spoken to Pam. Ray had called and talked to Donna.</p><p></p><p>But JR hadn't called her at all. Not even to say goodnight. She was so worried. She knew how hard this all had to be for him. She knew he'd feel guilty. She was terrified that guilt would turn into anger and that he would push her - and the rest of the family - away from him again. It seemed as if it was already starting. It hurt so badly that he hadn't even called to check on her.</p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR," she cried to herself, "please, please don't do this."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR lifted his head and raised his eyebrows in a silent question.</p><p></p><p>"I booked us some rooms at the hotel across the street," Ray told him. "We're going to need a place to sleep."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Ray," JR nodded.</p><p></p><p>"Can I sit for a minute?"</p><p></p><p>JR shrugged, but didn't object.</p><p></p><p>"How're you holding up?' </p><p></p><p>"How do you think?" JR snapped. </p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Ray sighed. "I guess it was a stupid question. I talked to Donna. She…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" JR barked. "For God's sake, Ray, spit it out. I'm not in the mood for guessing games."</p><p></p><p>"She's worried about Sue Ellen," Ray said in a rush of air.</p><p></p><p>"Why?" JR sat up straight, "is she feeling bad?"</p><p></p><p>"Not physically," Ray told him. "But she's worried about you and sad that you haven't called her."</p><p></p><p>"I…" JR growled and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I just don't feel like talking. Not to her. Not to anyone."</p><p></p><p>"I get that, JR," Ray told him. "But… look, it's none of my business. But Sue Ellen is upset and I just thought you'd like to know.'</p><p></p><p>Ray stood up and walked away. JR cursed under his breath and balled up his fist. </p><p></p><p>Why couldn't everyone just leave him the hell alone?</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well, well, well," Pam laughed. "I can't believe you, Lucy Ewing! Sneaking around behind our backs like this!"</p><p></p><p>None of the women could sleep. They'd all tried, and all failed. One by one, they'd all come down stairs and ended up in the kitchen together.</p><p></p><p>"I wasn't sneaking!" Lucy protested. "I just haven't mentioned it because everyone had so much going on."</p><p></p><p>"Is it serious?" Val asked her daughter.</p><p></p><p>"I think so," Lucy smiled. "I really love him."</p><p></p><p>"A med student!" Pam gushed. "You could be the wife of a doctor!"</p><p></p><p>"Whoa!" Lucy laughed. "Let's not get carried away. "We're a long way from marriage!"</p><p></p><p>Pam laughed along with her niece. "It's wonderful news," she patted Lucy's hand. "Isn't it wonderful, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen forced herself to smile and nod. "Yes. I'm very happy for you, Lucy."</p><p></p><p>"He'll call, Sue Ellen," Lucy promised her aunt. "Have some faith. JR will be okay."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and turned her head away before anyone could see the tears welling up in her eyes.</p><p></p><p>"So, when do we get to meet this myste hery med student?" Val asked her daughter.</p><p></p><p>"Probably not for a while," Lucy sighed. "Not ready to introduce him. Not until all this drama with grandpa dies down. Besides.."</p><p></p><p>Lucy stopped talking when the phone rang. Pam stood up and answered. "Hello? Oh, hi. No, it's not too late. We're all up. She's right here. Hang on."</p><p></p><p>She put her hand over the mouthpiece and smiled at her sister-in-law. "Sue Ellen? It's JR. He wants to talk to you."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes grew wide and her whole body slumped in relief. "Ask him to hang on. I'll take it upstairs."</p><p></p><p>She stood up and started to move away from the table but stopped when she felt Lucy's hand on her arm. "Just wanted to say I told you so," Lucy winked at her.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Do you need anything else?" Bobby asked his mother. They were at the hotel. Bobby had managed to convince her to try to get a few hours of rest.</p><p></p><p>"No," Ellie told him. "Thank you."</p><p></p><p>"Mama…"</p><p></p><p>"Don't," she stopped him. "I know you think that if he dies it will be for the best. I don't want to hear it."</p><p></p><p>"I wouldn't ever say that, Mama. Not to you."</p><p></p><p>"But that is how you feel, isn't it?"</p><p></p><p>"It is," he confessed softly.</p><p></p><p>"You boys are wrong about so much. And you're all in for a rude awakening."</p><p></p><p>"What do you mean?"</p><p></p><p>"Who are you going to blame when your father is gone, Bobby? When Gary drinks and JR schemes and you manipulate? Will it be me? Your wives? You'll have to find someone, won't you. God knows none of you are strong enough to take responsibility for your own actions.*</p><p></p><p>"Mama…"</p><p></p><p>"Stop. Go away, Bobby. I have nothing more to say to you right now."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and moved toward the door. His mother was upset and dealing with her grief. She didn't mean those things. And he made a silent promise to himself that he wouldn't hold her words against her.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Honey, please," JR pleaded. "I know you're worried about me. And you're right, my feelings are all over the place. I'll sort through them. And I'll let you help me. I promise. But not tonight. Please. Tonight let's just talk about something else."</p><p></p><p>"Like what?" Sue Ellen asked him.</p><p></p><p>"Tell me about your evening with the girls. Or about what John Ross has been up to since I left. Or how you're feeling. Tell me anything to make me feel normal, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I… I do have something to tell you," she said softly.</p><p></p><p>"What's that?"</p><p></p><p>"I felt our baby move tonight."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. At the kitchen table. Lucy was telling us about her new boyfriend. I felt him move."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," JR's voice was full of awe, "that's amazing. I can't wait to get home so I can feel it too."</p><p></p><p>"It will be a while before anyone but me can feel it, JR," she laughed. "But it's incredible."</p><p></p><p>"I love you so much, honey."</p><p></p><p>"I love you too, JR. Thank you so much for calling me."</p><p></p><p>"I shouldn't have made you wait. I promise it won't happen again…" his voice suddenly changed from tender to demanding. "Hey. Wait a damn minute."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"</p><p></p><p>"JR, what are you talking about?"</p><p></p><p>"You said Lucy had a new boyfriend. Who? How did they meet? Is it serious? Start talking, Miss Texas."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen giggled, sank back against her pillows, and got comfortable. "Calm down, Uncle JR," she laughed. "I'll tell you everything I know."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR rolled over and growled. He squinted his eyes and tried to get his bearings. "Hang on!" He yelled at whoever was pounding at the door of his hotel room.</p><p></p><p>He climbed out of bed and struggled to get his pants on and pulled up. He stalked to the door and snatched it open. "What?" He demanded angrily when he saw Gary in the hallway.</p><p></p><p>"Sorry, JR. I…"</p><p></p><p>"Well?" JR snapped.</p><p></p><p>"I tried to get Bobby to come. I figured he would be the best person to tell you, but he doesn't want to leave Mama."</p><p></p><p>"Jock?" JR almost choked on the word.</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I'm sorry, JR. Daddy passed away about an hour ago."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 268222, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-five: ***. Sue Ellen didn't know how she was supposed to sleep. It was strange enough being back at Southfork, but without JR beside her, she didn't think she could relax at all. Gary had called Valene earlier and told the women what they'd learned from the doctors. Jock was gone. Even if he lived, he would be nothing more than an empty shell. Bobby had called and spoken to Pam. Ray had called and talked to Donna. But JR hadn't called her at all. Not even to say goodnight. She was so worried. She knew how hard this all had to be for him. She knew he'd feel guilty. She was terrified that guilt would turn into anger and that he would push her - and the rest of the family - away from him again. It seemed as if it was already starting. It hurt so badly that he hadn't even called to check on her. "Oh, JR," she cried to herself, "please, please don't do this." *** "JR?" JR lifted his head and raised his eyebrows in a silent question. "I booked us some rooms at the hotel across the street," Ray told him. "We're going to need a place to sleep." "Thank you, Ray," JR nodded. "Can I sit for a minute?" JR shrugged, but didn't object. "How're you holding up?' "How do you think?" JR snapped. "Yeah," Ray sighed. "I guess it was a stupid question. I talked to Donna. She…" "What?" JR barked. "For God's sake, Ray, spit it out. I'm not in the mood for guessing games." "She's worried about Sue Ellen," Ray said in a rush of air. "Why?" JR sat up straight, "is she feeling bad?" "Not physically," Ray told him. "But she's worried about you and sad that you haven't called her." "I…" JR growled and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I just don't feel like talking. Not to her. Not to anyone." "I get that, JR," Ray told him. "But… look, it's none of my business. But Sue Ellen is upset and I just thought you'd like to know.' Ray stood up and walked away. JR cursed under his breath and balled up his fist. Why couldn't everyone just leave him the hell alone? *** "Well, well, well," Pam laughed. "I can't believe you, Lucy Ewing! Sneaking around behind our backs like this!" None of the women could sleep. They'd all tried, and all failed. One by one, they'd all come down stairs and ended up in the kitchen together. "I wasn't sneaking!" Lucy protested. "I just haven't mentioned it because everyone had so much going on." "Is it serious?" Val asked her daughter. "I think so," Lucy smiled. "I really love him." "A med student!" Pam gushed. "You could be the wife of a doctor!" "Whoa!" Lucy laughed. "Let's not get carried away. "We're a long way from marriage!" Pam laughed along with her niece. "It's wonderful news," she patted Lucy's hand. "Isn't it wonderful, Sue Ellen?" Sue Ellen forced herself to smile and nod. "Yes. I'm very happy for you, Lucy." "He'll call, Sue Ellen," Lucy promised her aunt. "Have some faith. JR will be okay." Sue Ellen nodded and turned her head away before anyone could see the tears welling up in her eyes. "So, when do we get to meet this myste hery med student?" Val asked her daughter. "Probably not for a while," Lucy sighed. "Not ready to introduce him. Not until all this drama with grandpa dies down. Besides.." Lucy stopped talking when the phone rang. Pam stood up and answered. "Hello? Oh, hi. No, it's not too late. We're all up. She's right here. Hang on." She put her hand over the mouthpiece and smiled at her sister-in-law. "Sue Ellen? It's JR. He wants to talk to you." Sue Ellen's eyes grew wide and her whole body slumped in relief. "Ask him to hang on. I'll take it upstairs." She stood up and started to move away from the table but stopped when she felt Lucy's hand on her arm. "Just wanted to say I told you so," Lucy winked at her. *** "Do you need anything else?" Bobby asked his mother. They were at the hotel. Bobby had managed to convince her to try to get a few hours of rest. "No," Ellie told him. "Thank you." "Mama…" "Don't," she stopped him. "I know you think that if he dies it will be for the best. I don't want to hear it." "I wouldn't ever say that, Mama. Not to you." "But that is how you feel, isn't it?" "It is," he confessed softly. "You boys are wrong about so much. And you're all in for a rude awakening." "What do you mean?" "Who are you going to blame when your father is gone, Bobby? When Gary drinks and JR schemes and you manipulate? Will it be me? Your wives? You'll have to find someone, won't you. God knows none of you are strong enough to take responsibility for your own actions.* "Mama…" "Stop. Go away, Bobby. I have nothing more to say to you right now." Bobby nodded and moved toward the door. His mother was upset and dealing with her grief. She didn't mean those things. And he made a silent promise to himself that he wouldn't hold her words against her. *** "Honey, please," JR pleaded. "I know you're worried about me. And you're right, my feelings are all over the place. I'll sort through them. And I'll let you help me. I promise. But not tonight. Please. Tonight let's just talk about something else." "Like what?" Sue Ellen asked him. "Tell me about your evening with the girls. Or about what John Ross has been up to since I left. Or how you're feeling. Tell me anything to make me feel normal, Sue Ellen." "I… I do have something to tell you," she said softly. "What's that?" "I felt our baby move tonight." "What?" "Yes. At the kitchen table. Lucy was telling us about her new boyfriend. I felt him move." "Sue Ellen," JR's voice was full of awe, "that's amazing. I can't wait to get home so I can feel it too." "It will be a while before anyone but me can feel it, JR," she laughed. "But it's incredible." "I love you so much, honey." "I love you too, JR. Thank you so much for calling me." "I shouldn't have made you wait. I promise it won't happen again…" his voice suddenly changed from tender to demanding. "Hey. Wait a damn minute." "What?" "Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" "JR, what are you talking about?" "You said Lucy had a new boyfriend. Who? How did they meet? Is it serious? Start talking, Miss Texas." Sue Ellen giggled, sank back against her pillows, and got comfortable. "Calm down, Uncle JR," she laughed. "I'll tell you everything I know." *** JR rolled over and growled. He squinted his eyes and tried to get his bearings. "Hang on!" He yelled at whoever was pounding at the door of his hotel room. He climbed out of bed and struggled to get his pants on and pulled up. He stalked to the door and snatched it open. "What?" He demanded angrily when he saw Gary in the hallway. "Sorry, JR. I…" "Well?" JR snapped. "I tried to get Bobby to come. I figured he would be the best person to tell you, but he doesn't want to leave Mama." "Jock?" JR almost choked on the word. "Yeah. I'm sorry, JR. Daddy passed away about an hour ago." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top