Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 268425" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-six:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Harv. We'll see you tomorrow morning."</p><p></p><p>Bobby watched as JR hung up the phone and went back over his list. His older brother was really rising to the challenge of getting their father's affairs in order. He had taken complete charge of everything.</p><p></p><p>"Harv will have the will ready for reading tomorrow," JR said. "We're meeting him at Ewing Oil in the . morning."</p><p></p><p>"So soon?" Ray asked. "Shouldn't we at least get him in the ground first?" He grimaced when he saw the stricken look of Miss Ellie's face. "Sorry, ma'am," he muttered.</p><p></p><p>"JR had the right idea," Gary spoke up. "No telling what nasty surprises Daddy left in that will. The sooner we know, the better."</p><p></p><p>"I talked to Punk," JR told them. "He's contacting the funeral home for us. I'm going to let him and Mavis make the arrangements. We'll approve them when we get back to Dallas."</p><p></p><p>"Why Punk and Mavis and not our wives?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p>"Because Punk and Mavis loved Jock," Ellie said quietly. "JR knows they'll make sure he gets a proper send off."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR sighed. "I won't ask Pam and Sue Ellen to make plans to honor a man who tried to destroy them."</p><p></p><p>"Excuse me," a nurse poked her head into the private waiting room. "Dr. Newington is on his way down. He'll be able to answer all of your questions."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," JR nodded and stood up. "The sooner we can get the body on a plane and on the way back to Dallas, the better."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Clayton put down the newspaper and shook his head. Jock Ewing's obituary made him sound like a saint. Clayton wondered what the adoring oil community would think about the great Jock Ewing if they knew the truth.</p><p></p><p>He reached out, picked up the phone, dialed the number, and waited for an answer. "Clayton Farlow here. I guess you saw the paper. You can stop your investigation now. Yeah. It's over. The man is dead."</p><p></p><p>Clayton was silent for a few moments as he listened to the reply. "What? Where? Have you approached her yet? No. Don't. Don't do a damn thing until I get back to you."</p><p></p><p>Clayton slammed down the phone and growled under his breath. Jock had apparently been turning over rocks all over the world to find dirt he could use to cause trouble for his sons.</p><p></p><p>"Please don't let it be true," he muttered to himself.</p><p></p><p>This latest news would be devastating to JR and Sue Ellen Ewing.</p><p></p><p>And if it became public, Clayton wasn't sure he would be able to keep Dusty under control.</p><p></p><p>"Damn you, Jock Ewing," he growled. "God damn you."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You feeling any better?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen nodded at her niece. "It's just morning sickness."</p><p></p><p>"We're all a little sick this morning, pregnant or not," Lucy sighed.</p><p></p><p>"Where is everyone?"</p><p></p><p>"Pam went to the hospital to see Cliff. Donna took Mama shopping for something to wear for the wake and funeral. I talked to JR a little while ago. I told him to call back later because you weren't feeling all that great."</p><p></p><p>"How did he sound?"</p><p></p><p>"Like JR," Lucy shrugged. "Seems like he's handling everything okay. He said he was worried about Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"Did he mention how Miss Ellie was doing?"</p><p></p><p>"I asked. He said she was inconsolable."</p><p></p><p>"Things are going to be very difficult for her."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Lucy agreed. "Things are going to be very difficult for us all."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Cliff, do you understand what I've told you?"</p><p></p><p>"Jock is dead," Cliff struggled to get the woods out. "You need me to get Kristen's baby. Understand, Pam."</p><p></p><p>"And our mother?"</p><p></p><p>Cliff shook his head. "Don't care. She left us."</p><p></p><p>"Cliff…"</p><p></p><p>"No," he croaked. "Please. No more talk."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Pam sighed heavily and sank back into her chair. "Alright, Cliff."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR turned away from the window to face his younger brother. "Yeah, Gary?"</p><p></p><p>"I just got off the phone with Lucy. Mavis is coming to Southfork later to go over what she has planned for the funeral."</p><p></p><p>"Fine," JR grunted. "They release the body yet?"</p><p></p><p>"About an hour," Gary told him. "Ray is waiting to sign the paperwork. Bobby took Mama back to the hotel."</p><p></p><p>"Good. She needs to rest before we take off. Bobby too really."</p><p></p><p>"He's taking this pretty hard."</p><p></p><p>"He didn't know Daddy as well as we did. Like I always say, he got the best of our father. You and I got the worst."</p><p></p><p>"About what Dr. Newington said…"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Listen, Jock was who he was. I understand the strokes and the brain damage made him lose control of his worst impulses. But as far as I'm concerned, it all just brought his true self to the surface."</p><p></p><p>"Agree," Gary said evenly. "But Bobby…"</p><p></p><p>"It'll be easier for Bobby to believe that Jock never would have done what he did if he hadn't been sick. Easier for Mama too. Hell, even Ray. I'm content to let them all believe whatever they have to believe to get through this."</p><p></p><p>"But we know better, don't we, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes we do," JR sighed. "But we don't have to make them understand, Gary. Let them believe the best about the man. He can't hurt us anymore."</p><p></p><p>Gary nodded, deeply surprised and impressed at the maturity JR was showing. "I'm going to find some coffee. Want to come with me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR said without hesitation. "Yes I do."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Clayton stared at the picture and absently rubbed the back of his neck.</p><p></p><p>She was lovely. And the boy…</p><p></p><p>The boy looked just like JR Ewing.</p><p></p><p>"How long has Jock had this?"</p><p></p><p>"He never saw it," the PI told him. "His people didn't find Vanessa Beaumont until after he left for California. We intercepted this before he saw it."</p><p></p><p>Clayton's eyes narrowed. "I suppose I don't want to know exactly how you intercepted it."</p><p></p><p>"Let's just say it cost you a pretty penny."</p><p></p><p>"If he never saw this, then maybe no one ever has to know."</p><p></p><p>"Sorry, Mr. Farlow," the PI sighed. "But all of Jock's investigators know. His lawyer too. It's going to get out."</p><p></p><p>"Damnit," Clayton muttered.</p><p></p><p>"What do you want me to do?"</p><p></p><p>"Nothing," Clayton told him. "I'll handle this one myself. I suppose it's time for Sue Ellen Ewing and I to finally have a private conversation. I just hope she doesn't go completely crazy on me."</p><p></p><p>"Good luck with that," the PI shrugged.</p><p></p><p>"Thanks. I have a feeling I'm going to need a whole lot more than just good luck though. That poor woman has already been through so much. Hate to throw this on the pile. But God help me, it's got to be done."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Vanessa put down the phone and closed her eyes.</p><p></p><p>Jock Ewing was dead. She and James could go home now.</p><p></p><p>She still didn't understand how Jock had found her or how he knew about her son. She'd been so careful. Somehow though, he'd tracked her down.</p><p></p><p>Two different investigators had come to see her. Both had offered her a fortune to submit James to a blood test. When she'd refused, they'd resorted to vague threats.</p><p></p><p>So, she'd taken her son and run.</p><p></p><p>She couldn't bring herself to be happy that a man was dead, but she was deeply relieved that he wouldn't be a problem anymore. </p><p></p><p>She could take her son home. They could resume their lives. And, most importantly, JR Ewing could stay in the past where he belonged.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 268425, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-six: ***. "Alright, Harv. We'll see you tomorrow morning." Bobby watched as JR hung up the phone and went back over his list. His older brother was really rising to the challenge of getting their father's affairs in order. He had taken complete charge of everything. "Harv will have the will ready for reading tomorrow," JR said. "We're meeting him at Ewing Oil in the . morning." "So soon?" Ray asked. "Shouldn't we at least get him in the ground first?" He grimaced when he saw the stricken look of Miss Ellie's face. "Sorry, ma'am," he muttered. "JR had the right idea," Gary spoke up. "No telling what nasty surprises Daddy left in that will. The sooner we know, the better." "I talked to Punk," JR told them. "He's contacting the funeral home for us. I'm going to let him and Mavis make the arrangements. We'll approve them when we get back to Dallas." "Why Punk and Mavis and not our wives?" Bobby asked. "Because Punk and Mavis loved Jock," Ellie said quietly. "JR knows they'll make sure he gets a proper send off." "Yes," JR sighed. "I won't ask Pam and Sue Ellen to make plans to honor a man who tried to destroy them." "Excuse me," a nurse poked her head into the private waiting room. "Dr. Newington is on his way down. He'll be able to answer all of your questions." "Thank you," JR nodded and stood up. "The sooner we can get the body on a plane and on the way back to Dallas, the better." *** Clayton put down the newspaper and shook his head. Jock Ewing's obituary made him sound like a saint. Clayton wondered what the adoring oil community would think about the great Jock Ewing if they knew the truth. He reached out, picked up the phone, dialed the number, and waited for an answer. "Clayton Farlow here. I guess you saw the paper. You can stop your investigation now. Yeah. It's over. The man is dead." Clayton was silent for a few moments as he listened to the reply. "What? Where? Have you approached her yet? No. Don't. Don't do a damn thing until I get back to you." Clayton slammed down the phone and growled under his breath. Jock had apparently been turning over rocks all over the world to find dirt he could use to cause trouble for his sons. "Please don't let it be true," he muttered to himself. This latest news would be devastating to JR and Sue Ellen Ewing. And if it became public, Clayton wasn't sure he would be able to keep Dusty under control. "Damn you, Jock Ewing," he growled. "God damn you." *** "You feeling any better?" "Yes," Sue Ellen nodded at her niece. "It's just morning sickness." "We're all a little sick this morning, pregnant or not," Lucy sighed. "Where is everyone?" "Pam went to the hospital to see Cliff. Donna took Mama shopping for something to wear for the wake and funeral. I talked to JR a little while ago. I told him to call back later because you weren't feeling all that great." "How did he sound?" "Like JR," Lucy shrugged. "Seems like he's handling everything okay. He said he was worried about Bobby." "Did he mention how Miss Ellie was doing?" "I asked. He said she was inconsolable." "Things are going to be very difficult for her." "Yeah," Lucy agreed. "Things are going to be very difficult for us all." *** "Cliff, do you understand what I've told you?" "Jock is dead," Cliff struggled to get the woods out. "You need me to get Kristen's baby. Understand, Pam." "And our mother?" Cliff shook his head. "Don't care. She left us." "Cliff…" "No," he croaked. "Please. No more talk." "Alright," Pam sighed heavily and sank back into her chair. "Alright, Cliff." *** "JR?" JR turned away from the window to face his younger brother. "Yeah, Gary?" "I just got off the phone with Lucy. Mavis is coming to Southfork later to go over what she has planned for the funeral." "Fine," JR grunted. "They release the body yet?" "About an hour," Gary told him. "Ray is waiting to sign the paperwork. Bobby took Mama back to the hotel." "Good. She needs to rest before we take off. Bobby too really." "He's taking this pretty hard." "He didn't know Daddy as well as we did. Like I always say, he got the best of our father. You and I got the worst." "About what Dr. Newington said…" "Yeah. Listen, Jock was who he was. I understand the strokes and the brain damage made him lose control of his worst impulses. But as far as I'm concerned, it all just brought his true self to the surface." "Agree," Gary said evenly. "But Bobby…" "It'll be easier for Bobby to believe that Jock never would have done what he did if he hadn't been sick. Easier for Mama too. Hell, even Ray. I'm content to let them all believe whatever they have to believe to get through this." "But we know better, don't we, JR?" "Yes we do," JR sighed. "But we don't have to make them understand, Gary. Let them believe the best about the man. He can't hurt us anymore." Gary nodded, deeply surprised and impressed at the maturity JR was showing. "I'm going to find some coffee. Want to come with me?" "Yes," JR said without hesitation. "Yes I do." *** Clayton stared at the picture and absently rubbed the back of his neck. She was lovely. And the boy… The boy looked just like JR Ewing. "How long has Jock had this?" "He never saw it," the PI told him. "His people didn't find Vanessa Beaumont until after he left for California. We intercepted this before he saw it." Clayton's eyes narrowed. "I suppose I don't want to know exactly how you intercepted it." "Let's just say it cost you a pretty penny." "If he never saw this, then maybe no one ever has to know." "Sorry, Mr. Farlow," the PI sighed. "But all of Jock's investigators know. His lawyer too. It's going to get out." "Damnit," Clayton muttered. "What do you want me to do?" "Nothing," Clayton told him. "I'll handle this one myself. I suppose it's time for Sue Ellen Ewing and I to finally have a private conversation. I just hope she doesn't go completely crazy on me." "Good luck with that," the PI shrugged. "Thanks. I have a feeling I'm going to need a whole lot more than just good luck though. That poor woman has already been through so much. Hate to throw this on the pile. But God help me, it's got to be done." *** Vanessa put down the phone and closed her eyes. Jock Ewing was dead. She and James could go home now. She still didn't understand how Jock had found her or how he knew about her son. She'd been so careful. Somehow though, he'd tracked her down. Two different investigators had come to see her. Both had offered her a fortune to submit James to a blood test. When she'd refused, they'd resorted to vague threats. So, she'd taken her son and run. She couldn't bring herself to be happy that a man was dead, but she was deeply relieved that he wouldn't be a problem anymore. She could take her son home. They could resume their lives. And, most importantly, JR Ewing could stay in the past where he belonged. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top