Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 268640" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-seven:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"You sure it's just morning sickness, honey? Maybe you should go to the doctor, just in case."</p><p></p><p>"I'm fine, JR," Sue Ellen sighed. "I keep telling you all this is normal."</p><p></p><p>JR closed his eyes and tightened his grip on the telephone. "Alright, Sue Ellen. Just don't take any chances, okay?"</p><p></p><p>"I won't. I promise. When will you be home?"</p><p></p><p>"Later this afternoon," he told her. "Why? Miss me?"</p><p></p><p>"Terribly," she admitted with a laugh.</p><p></p><p>"I miss you too, honey," he said lowly. "Ray got the body released. It's being taken to the airport and loaded now. We'll be ready to take off in a couple of hours. I understand Mavis is coming out to the ranch to talk about the funeral?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. At four. And…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"JR...Clayton Farlow called me. He wants to meet for lunch."</p><p></p><p>"Did he say why?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Just that there was something we needed to talk about. Want me to say no?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't…" JR hesitated and tried to organize his thoughts. "No. Don't say no. Clayton seems to be a decent man. I'm sure he's read the papers and he knows about Daddy. He wouldn't be bothering you if it wasn't important."</p><p></p><p>"I thought the same thing. But whatever he wants, it probably has something to do with Dusty. I didn't want to meet him without you knowing."</p><p></p><p>"I thank you for that, Sue Ellen. But I don't think he'd be up to anything underhanded. Go see him, but only if you feel up to it. And you might want to take Pam with you. Just in case."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR. I love you."</p><p></p><p>"I love you too, Sue Ellen. See you soon."</p><p></p><p>He hung up the phone and rubbed his forehead. He couldn't think of any reason for Clayton to want to talk to Sue Ellen alone. He didn't like it, but he'd meant what he had told his wife. Clayton seemed like a deeply decent man. JR was reasonably sure the other man wasn't up to no good.</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah?" JR looked up to see Bobby.</p><p></p><p>"Ray had the body on the plane. Should I wake up Mama?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR told his brother. "The sooner we all get home, the better."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Make sure Punk Anderson knows the Ewings are having Jock's will read in the morning. He'll need to be there."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, sir," the secretary made a note. "Anything else?"</p><p></p><p>"Not at the moment," Harv sighed.</p><p></p><p>"I almost forgot," she placed an envelope on his desk. "This came special delivery. It's marked private."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," Harv picked up the envelope. "That's all for now."</p><p></p><p>Harv opened the envelope and his eyes darkened immediately. He growled under his breath as he read the report. He put the report down and carefully studied the picture. "Dear God," he muttered, reaching out to press his intercom. "Get JR Ewing on the phone. Right now."</p><p></p><p>He sat back in his chair and shook his head. Jock Ewing was causing chaos even after he was dead.</p><p></p><p>There was a brief knock at his door and his secretary appeared again. "I'm sorry Mr. Smithfield. Mr. Ewing is already in the air. I left a message for him to call as soon as he landed."</p><p></p><p>Harv nodded his understanding and prayed silently.</p><p></p><p>JR was going to be livid. And Harv didn't blame him one bit.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I didn't realize you were coming to lunch, Mrs. Ewing," Clayton told Pam, gesturing for her and Sue Ellen to have seats.</p><p></p><p>"Please, call me Pam. Sue Ellen hasn't been feeling well this morning. JR and I felt it would be best for her not to come alone."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I'm just fine," Sue Ellen assured Clayton. "It's all part of having a baby."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Clayton nodded. "I haven't had a chance to congratulate you about that. It's wonderful news."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Clayton," Sue Ellen looked him in the eyes, "but I'm sure you didn't invite me to have lunch to talk about my baby. What's this all about?"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, you know I had an investigator checking up behind Jock Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. So?"</p><p></p><p>"So…" Clayton shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Sue Ellen, I came into possession this morning of some information that affects your and JR directly. I'm afraid you're not going to like it."</p><p></p><p>"What information?"</p><p></p><p>Clayton picked a folder up from the table, pulled out a picture, and handed it across to Sue Ellen. "Her name," Clayton said as he watched Sue Ellen study the picture, "is Vanessa Beaumont. The little boy is her son James. Jock thought…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen demanded. "Jock thought what?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm so sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. I would have contacted JR, but with him being out of town and so many people already knowing, I was afraid it would leak to the public before he found out…"</p><p></p><p>"Please," Sue Ellen whispered shakily. She was fixated on the little boy's eyes. She knew those eyes. She had fallen in love with those eyes. "Just tell me."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," Clayton took a deep breath. "Jock Ewing believed that little boy…"</p><p></p><p>"No…" Sue Ellen let out a low moan.</p><p></p><p>"I'm afraid so," Clayton said quietly. "Jock thought James Beaumont is JR Ewing's son."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You're going to have to talk to her eventually," Gary said, sinking down into a chair beside his older brother.</p><p></p><p>"I know," JR sighed. "I'm just giving her some space. Trust me, Mama isn't going to take anything I say very well right now."</p><p></p><p>"She isn't taking anything well, period. She keeps snapping poor Ray's head off."</p><p></p><p>"I know. Thank God Ray is too level headed to take it personally."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. He seems like a good guy."</p><p></p><p>"He is. For the most part," JR grunted. "As far as long lost bastard brothers go, we could do worse."</p><p></p><p>Gary laughed and shook his head. "Did you know Lucy was seeing someone?"</p><p></p><p>"I had no clue," JR chuckled. "That girl is full of surprises."</p><p></p><p>"She loves you, you know."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I know," JR said softly. "I love her right back."</p><p></p><p>Gary nodded and closed his eyes. "You think we'll ever be a normal family, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"No. We won't ever be normal. We're Ewings after all," JR shook his head. "But I think we'll be okay."</p><p></p><p>"I hope so," Gary sighed heavily. "I really hope so."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"It's important for you to know that JR never had any idea," Clayton's voice was as heavy as a lead balloon. "He wasn't hiding this from you. He never knew."</p><p></p><p>"I…" she suddenly felt hot all over. All the blood drained from her face and she struggled to hold back her vomit.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen!" Pam jumped up, panicked. Sue Ellen had lost control and threw up all over the table. "Sue Ellen," she said again, desperately shaking her friend. "She fainted, Clayton!"</p><p></p><p>Clayton shot up out of his seat. "Call 911!" He yelled at the waiter running towards the table.</p><p></p><p>He moved quickly to squat down in front of Sue Ellen and gently lift her head up. "Hang on," he whispered. "Please hang on."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Lucy slammed down the phone and turned to Donna and her mother. "I'm going to the hospital."</p><p></p><p>"I'll meet the Ewing plane at the airport," Donna told her. "I'll bring JR to Sue Ellen as soon as he lands."</p><p></p><p>"What can I do to help?" Valene asked.</p><p></p><p>"Stay here and help Mavis with the funeral plans."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Valene nodded. "I'll do my best."</p><p></p><p>"Do we know if the baby is okay?" Donna asked </p><p></p><p>"No," Lucy said quietly. "The doctors haven't told Pam anything yet."</p><p></p><p>"Dear God," Val breathed out. "Poor Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"She'll be okay," Lucy told her mother. "She just has to be. God wouldn't do this to her now. Not when she and JR are finally happy."</p><p></p><p>Val nodded but didn't reply. She had a lot less faith in God as her daughter did. She'd lived a hard enough life to know God was often uninvolved - and sometimes cruel.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 268640, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-seven: ***. "You sure it's just morning sickness, honey? Maybe you should go to the doctor, just in case." "I'm fine, JR," Sue Ellen sighed. "I keep telling you all this is normal." JR closed his eyes and tightened his grip on the telephone. "Alright, Sue Ellen. Just don't take any chances, okay?" "I won't. I promise. When will you be home?" "Later this afternoon," he told her. "Why? Miss me?" "Terribly," she admitted with a laugh. "I miss you too, honey," he said lowly. "Ray got the body released. It's being taken to the airport and loaded now. We'll be ready to take off in a couple of hours. I understand Mavis is coming out to the ranch to talk about the funeral?" "Yes. At four. And…" "What?" "JR...Clayton Farlow called me. He wants to meet for lunch." "Did he say why?" "No. Just that there was something we needed to talk about. Want me to say no?" "I don't…" JR hesitated and tried to organize his thoughts. "No. Don't say no. Clayton seems to be a decent man. I'm sure he's read the papers and he knows about Daddy. He wouldn't be bothering you if it wasn't important." "I thought the same thing. But whatever he wants, it probably has something to do with Dusty. I didn't want to meet him without you knowing." "I thank you for that, Sue Ellen. But I don't think he'd be up to anything underhanded. Go see him, but only if you feel up to it. And you might want to take Pam with you. Just in case." "Alright, JR. I love you." "I love you too, Sue Ellen. See you soon." He hung up the phone and rubbed his forehead. He couldn't think of any reason for Clayton to want to talk to Sue Ellen alone. He didn't like it, but he'd meant what he had told his wife. Clayton seemed like a deeply decent man. JR was reasonably sure the other man wasn't up to no good. "JR?" "Yeah?" JR looked up to see Bobby. "Ray had the body on the plane. Should I wake up Mama?" "Yes," JR told his brother. "The sooner we all get home, the better." *** "Make sure Punk Anderson knows the Ewings are having Jock's will read in the morning. He'll need to be there." "Yes, sir," the secretary made a note. "Anything else?" "Not at the moment," Harv sighed. "I almost forgot," she placed an envelope on his desk. "This came special delivery. It's marked private." "Thank you," Harv picked up the envelope. "That's all for now." Harv opened the envelope and his eyes darkened immediately. He growled under his breath as he read the report. He put the report down and carefully studied the picture. "Dear God," he muttered, reaching out to press his intercom. "Get JR Ewing on the phone. Right now." He sat back in his chair and shook his head. Jock Ewing was causing chaos even after he was dead. There was a brief knock at his door and his secretary appeared again. "I'm sorry Mr. Smithfield. Mr. Ewing is already in the air. I left a message for him to call as soon as he landed." Harv nodded his understanding and prayed silently. JR was going to be livid. And Harv didn't blame him one bit. *** "I didn't realize you were coming to lunch, Mrs. Ewing," Clayton told Pam, gesturing for her and Sue Ellen to have seats. "Please, call me Pam. Sue Ellen hasn't been feeling well this morning. JR and I felt it would be best for her not to come alone." "I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather, Sue Ellen." "I'm just fine," Sue Ellen assured Clayton. "It's all part of having a baby." "Yes," Clayton nodded. "I haven't had a chance to congratulate you about that. It's wonderful news." "Thank you, Clayton," Sue Ellen looked him in the eyes, "but I'm sure you didn't invite me to have lunch to talk about my baby. What's this all about?" "Sue Ellen, you know I had an investigator checking up behind Jock Ewing." "Yes. So?" "So…" Clayton shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Sue Ellen, I came into possession this morning of some information that affects your and JR directly. I'm afraid you're not going to like it." "What information?" Clayton picked a folder up from the table, pulled out a picture, and handed it across to Sue Ellen. "Her name," Clayton said as he watched Sue Ellen study the picture, "is Vanessa Beaumont. The little boy is her son James. Jock thought…" "What?" Sue Ellen demanded. "Jock thought what?" "I'm so sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. I would have contacted JR, but with him being out of town and so many people already knowing, I was afraid it would leak to the public before he found out…" "Please," Sue Ellen whispered shakily. She was fixated on the little boy's eyes. She knew those eyes. She had fallen in love with those eyes. "Just tell me." "Sue Ellen," Clayton took a deep breath. "Jock Ewing believed that little boy…" "No…" Sue Ellen let out a low moan. "I'm afraid so," Clayton said quietly. "Jock thought James Beaumont is JR Ewing's son." *** "You're going to have to talk to her eventually," Gary said, sinking down into a chair beside his older brother. "I know," JR sighed. "I'm just giving her some space. Trust me, Mama isn't going to take anything I say very well right now." "She isn't taking anything well, period. She keeps snapping poor Ray's head off." "I know. Thank God Ray is too level headed to take it personally." "Yeah. He seems like a good guy." "He is. For the most part," JR grunted. "As far as long lost bastard brothers go, we could do worse." Gary laughed and shook his head. "Did you know Lucy was seeing someone?" "I had no clue," JR chuckled. "That girl is full of surprises." "She loves you, you know." "Yes, I know," JR said softly. "I love her right back." Gary nodded and closed his eyes. "You think we'll ever be a normal family, JR?" "No. We won't ever be normal. We're Ewings after all," JR shook his head. "But I think we'll be okay." "I hope so," Gary sighed heavily. "I really hope so." *** "It's important for you to know that JR never had any idea," Clayton's voice was as heavy as a lead balloon. "He wasn't hiding this from you. He never knew." "I…" she suddenly felt hot all over. All the blood drained from her face and she struggled to hold back her vomit. "Sue Ellen!" Pam jumped up, panicked. Sue Ellen had lost control and threw up all over the table. "Sue Ellen," she said again, desperately shaking her friend. "She fainted, Clayton!" Clayton shot up out of his seat. "Call 911!" He yelled at the waiter running towards the table. He moved quickly to squat down in front of Sue Ellen and gently lift her head up. "Hang on," he whispered. "Please hang on." *** Lucy slammed down the phone and turned to Donna and her mother. "I'm going to the hospital." "I'll meet the Ewing plane at the airport," Donna told her. "I'll bring JR to Sue Ellen as soon as he lands." "What can I do to help?" Valene asked. "Stay here and help Mavis with the funeral plans." "Alright," Valene nodded. "I'll do my best." "Do we know if the baby is okay?" Donna asked "No," Lucy said quietly. "The doctors haven't told Pam anything yet." "Dear God," Val breathed out. "Poor Sue Ellen." "She'll be okay," Lucy told her mother. "She just has to be. God wouldn't do this to her now. Not when she and JR are finally happy." Val nodded but didn't reply. She had a lot less faith in God as her daughter did. She'd lived a hard enough life to know God was often uninvolved - and sometimes cruel. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top