Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 268794" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fifty-eight:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"JR," Bobby tapped him on the shoulder, "we just got a message from Harv Smithfield. He asked you to call him the minute we landed."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Bob," JR grabbed his overnight bag, slung it over his shoulder, and headed toward the plane's exit. "What's she doing here?" He asked when he stepped off the plane and saw Donna talking to Ray.</p><p></p><p>"No clue," Bobby shrugged.</p><p></p><p>"JR," Ray strode toward him, "Sue Ellen passed out at a restaurant where she was having lunch. She's at the hospital. Pam and Lucy are with her."</p><p></p><p>"What?" JR turned as white as a ghost. "Is she okay?'</p><p></p><p>"We don't know," Donna told him. "Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."</p><p></p><p>JR dropped his bag and nodded. "Now. Take me there now."</p><p></p><p>"You want me to go with you?" Bobby asked him.</p><p></p><p>"I'll go," Gary volunteered. "You need to stay with Mama."</p><p></p><p>"I don't care who the hell goes," JR barked. "But we're leaving right now!"</p><p></p><p>Bobby watched as JR, Donna, and Gary ran to Donna's car and took off. "This is the last thing JR needed."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Ray agreed solemnly. "It was the last thing any of us needed. Especially Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"The baby?" Pam asked the doctor.</p><p></p><p>"Just fine," he smiled at her. "Mrs. Ewing will need to stay for a few hours. She's dehydrated and we're going to give her an IV. But by all appearances she and the baby are strong and healthy. We'll prescribe something for her nausea and make sure she understands the importance of resting properly. But she will be alright."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, thank God," Lucy sighed with relief.</p><p></p><p>"When can we see her?"</p><p></p><p>"In a bit. We're getting her settled in her room. I'll send someone to get you when she's ready for visitors."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, doctor," Pam said.</p><p></p><p>The doctor nodded and walked away.</p><p></p><p>"I'm so sorry, Pam," Clayton told her. "I didn't realize she was so weak."</p><p></p><p>"She's been having trouble sleeping. This isn't your fault, Clayton."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe. I still feel just awful about it."</p><p></p><p>"Oh yeah?" Lucy grunted. "Well, get ready to feel even worse."</p><p></p><p>Clayton turned his head to see what Lucy was pointing just in time to see JR storm out of the elevator.</p><p></p><p>"Pam! Where is she?"</p><p></p><p>Pam reached out and touched JR's arm. "She's okay, JR. She and the baby are both just fine."</p><p></p><p>"I want to see her," JR insisted.</p><p></p><p>"Soon," Pam soothed him. "They're putting her in a room."</p><p></p><p>"What the hell happened?"</p><p></p><p>"She fainted, JR," Pam sighed. "She hasn't been sleeping and she was nauseous and not really eating. That and the stress…" her voice trailed off.</p><p></p><p>"What stress?" JR's eyes narrowed. </p><p></p><p>"Well…" Pam cast a nervous glance at Clayton.</p><p></p><p>"What the hell did you do to my wife?" JR snarled.</p><p></p><p>"JR, you have to believe me. If I had known she was that fragile I never would have…"</p><p></p><p>"You never would have what?" JR demanded.</p><p></p><p>Clayton sighed and looked around the waiting room. He saw a benxh sitting off by itself in front of a window. "Come sit with me, JR. We have a lot to talk about."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Is Miss Ellie settled?" Ray asked.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby sighed. "She's asleep." </p><p></p><p>"When Donna gets back from the hospital, I'm going to head out. My presence seems to be upsetting Miss Ellie even worse."</p><p></p><p>"She's just going to have to get used to your presence," Bobby told him. "You're family now."</p><p></p><p>"Still think it would be best for me to make myself scarce and give her some space."</p><p></p><p>Bobby started to argue, but was interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. He walked to the foyer and sighed when he opened the door and saw a very nervous Harv Smithfield standing there. "Hi, Harv. Listen, JR got your message to call, but Sue Ellen fainted and is at the hospital. He dropped everything to go be with her."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry to hear that," Harv told him. "Is she alright?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. She and the baby are both fine."</p><p></p><p>"Good," Harv nodded. "Because JR has a huge problem."</p><p></p><p>"What's that?"</p><p></p><p>"Can I come in?" Harv asked. "I need a drink."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR sat in the dark hospital room and watched the rise of fall of his wife's chest as she slept. She'd woken up briefly when he and Pam had come into the room. The look she'd given him.. JR shivered at the memory of it. So much pain.</p><p></p><p>He'd sent the women and Gary back to Southfork. The doctors said Sue Ellen was fine, just needed some rest. Donna and Pam both needed to be at Southfork to help Mavis with the funeral. Plus… well, JR didn't want an audience for the coming storm between him and Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p>Part of him wanted to kill Clayton Farlow. Another part of him was strangely grateful. JR knew himself well enough to know that if he'd heard about this before Sue Ellen, the temptation to try to hide it from her would have been overwhelming. He probably would have covered it up, and no doubt it would have blown up in his face at the worst possible time.</p><p></p><p>JR knew everyone was surprised he hadn't lost his temper with Farlow. But, what would have been the point? The damage had already been done. And even though telling Sue Ellen was a stupid thing to do, Farlow didn't have any malice in his heart. He truly seemed to just want to warn her before stories of JR's European love child ended up on the front page of every paper in Dallas.</p><p></p><p>He sighed deeply and prayed Sue Ellen would forgive him. He felt like a broken man. He had lost his father. He couldn't lose her too. He'd never survive.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"That's fine, Mavis," Pam said, looking over the list of the pallbearers. "Everything looks fine."</p><p></p><p>"So you all approve of what I have planned?"</p><p></p><p>The Ewing women all shrugged and nodded.</p><p></p><p>"Alright. I do want to talk about the eulogy though."</p><p></p><p>"Why?" Lucy asked her. "Punk is the best choice."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. But I thought.."</p><p></p><p>"What?" Pam prodded.</p><p></p><p>"JR should speak too," Mavis said in a rush.</p><p></p><p>"Out of the question," Pam said firmly.</p><p></p><p>"Please," Mavis pleaded. "JR is Jock's eldest son. They worked side by side together at Ewing Oil for so many years. It will look very strange if he doesn't speak."</p><p></p><p>Val growled under her breath, stood up, and left the room.</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset her. If she thinks Gary should speak too, that will be fine."</p><p></p><p>"It's not that, Mavis," Donna said carefully. "It's just that… look, JR has the weight of the world on him right now. We're all very worried and asking him to speak at Jock's funeral after all he did to the family…"</p><p></p><p>"It'll push JR right over the edge," Pam finished Donna's thought.</p><p></p><p>"I understand how difficult this is," Mavis said quietly. "But, it's important to Miss Ellie that the world see Jock Ewing buried with the same honor and dignity that they believed he lived with."</p><p></p><p>"I don't think JR…"</p><p></p><p>"I'll talk to him, Mavis," Lucy waved her hand and cut Pam off. "Is there anything else?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Thank you, Lucy. Truly. All I want is for Miss Ellie to get through this."</p><p></p><p>"We all want that," Lucy told her. "All of us."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You believe her?" Bobby asked skeptically.</p><p></p><p>"I do," Harv nodded. </p><p></p><p>Harv had just informed the Ewing brothers about Vanessa Beaumont, her son, and Jock's last ditch effort to bring them both to Dallas. James Beaumont had been Jock's fail safe. If his sons all refused to fall back in line and do his bidding, then Jock had intended to make James his heir.</p><p></p><p>But Vanessa had refused to play Jock's game. She'd turned down a fortune and told Jock that her son wasn't a pawn and she wouldn't allow him to be used that way. After Jock's investigators had finally given up and left her alone, she'd taken her son and disappeared. She only resurfaced this morning, after she saw the news reports of Jock Ewing's death.</p><p></p><p>"I want to talk to her," Bobby finally said.</p><p></p><p>"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Bobby," Harv sighed. "She doesn't seem to be any threat. Maybe we should leave well enough alone."</p><p></p><p>"No," Ray broke in. "Bobby's right. We have to be sure."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Harv said, standing up. "I'll go back to the office and set up the call. Be in touch soon."</p><p></p><p>Bobby walked Harv to the door. Gary waited hnt his brother came back into the room and spoke for the first time. "Be careful, Bobby," he said evenly. "Sue Ellen isn't in any shape to deal with this right now. Don't shake the tree so hard that nuts start falling all over the place."</p><p></p><p>"Copy that," Bobby growled. "I'll be careful. But it has to be done, Gary. It just does."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR opened his eyes and bolted upright in his chair. "Honey? Are you okay?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she croaked. "Just thirsty."</p><p></p><p>JR got up, poured her a cup of water from the pitcher at her bedside,and handed it to her. "Here you go, honey."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen gulped down the water and handed him the cup back. "Thank you."</p><p></p><p>JR pointed to a spot beside her on the bed. "May I?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen chuckled slightly and nodded at him. "Of course, JR."</p><p></p><p>"The doctor said you and the baby will be fine. I thank God for that."</p><p></p><p>"I should have listened to you and Pam. I hadn't been sleeping and wasn't keeping much food down. I should have gone to the doctor and gotten something for my nausea. I'm sorry I scared everyone."</p><p></p><p>"Now, none of that," JR smiled at her. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"Don't, JR," she said roughly. "I know you and everyone else expects me to lose my mind over this child, but I'm not that weak. Not anymore. I saw the picture. He's at least twelve years old."</p><p></p><p>"Thirteen," JR sighed. "I met his mother when I was stationed overseas."</p><p></p><p>"And you never knew she had a baby, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"No, I didn't."</p><p></p><p>"Swear it to me, JR," she pleaded. "I need to be sure."</p><p></p><p>"I swear it, Sue Ellen," JR said earnestly. "On my father's soul and my son's life. I never had any idea."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR," a single tear slipped out of her eye and down onto her cheek. "I believe you. And whatever happens, we'll figure it all out together."</p><p></p><p>JR felt his entire body relax at her words. "I love you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I love you too, JR. And I'm so sorry about Jock. I know how much you loved him, in spite of everything."</p><p></p><p>JR let out a low moan and leaned forward to rest his head on her shoulder. She brought up her hand, gently stroked his hair, and comforted him as he finally let go of all his grief and cried.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 268794, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fifty-eight: ***. "JR," Bobby tapped him on the shoulder, "we just got a message from Harv Smithfield. He asked you to call him the minute we landed." "Alright, Bob," JR grabbed his overnight bag, slung it over his shoulder, and headed toward the plane's exit. "What's she doing here?" He asked when he stepped off the plane and saw Donna talking to Ray. "No clue," Bobby shrugged. "JR," Ray strode toward him, "Sue Ellen passed out at a restaurant where she was having lunch. She's at the hospital. Pam and Lucy are with her." "What?" JR turned as white as a ghost. "Is she okay?' "We don't know," Donna told him. "Come on, I'll take you to the hospital." JR dropped his bag and nodded. "Now. Take me there now." "You want me to go with you?" Bobby asked him. "I'll go," Gary volunteered. "You need to stay with Mama." "I don't care who the hell goes," JR barked. "But we're leaving right now!" Bobby watched as JR, Donna, and Gary ran to Donna's car and took off. "This is the last thing JR needed." "Yeah," Ray agreed solemnly. "It was the last thing any of us needed. Especially Sue Ellen." *** "The baby?" Pam asked the doctor. "Just fine," he smiled at her. "Mrs. Ewing will need to stay for a few hours. She's dehydrated and we're going to give her an IV. But by all appearances she and the baby are strong and healthy. We'll prescribe something for her nausea and make sure she understands the importance of resting properly. But she will be alright." "Oh, thank God," Lucy sighed with relief. "When can we see her?" "In a bit. We're getting her settled in her room. I'll send someone to get you when she's ready for visitors." "Thank you, doctor," Pam said. The doctor nodded and walked away. "I'm so sorry, Pam," Clayton told her. "I didn't realize she was so weak." "She's been having trouble sleeping. This isn't your fault, Clayton." "Maybe. I still feel just awful about it." "Oh yeah?" Lucy grunted. "Well, get ready to feel even worse." Clayton turned his head to see what Lucy was pointing just in time to see JR storm out of the elevator. "Pam! Where is she?" Pam reached out and touched JR's arm. "She's okay, JR. She and the baby are both just fine." "I want to see her," JR insisted. "Soon," Pam soothed him. "They're putting her in a room." "What the hell happened?" "She fainted, JR," Pam sighed. "She hasn't been sleeping and she was nauseous and not really eating. That and the stress…" her voice trailed off. "What stress?" JR's eyes narrowed. "Well…" Pam cast a nervous glance at Clayton. "What the hell did you do to my wife?" JR snarled. "JR, you have to believe me. If I had known she was that fragile I never would have…" "You never would have what?" JR demanded. Clayton sighed and looked around the waiting room. He saw a benxh sitting off by itself in front of a window. "Come sit with me, JR. We have a lot to talk about." *** "Is Miss Ellie settled?" Ray asked. "Yes," Bobby sighed. "She's asleep." "When Donna gets back from the hospital, I'm going to head out. My presence seems to be upsetting Miss Ellie even worse." "She's just going to have to get used to your presence," Bobby told him. "You're family now." "Still think it would be best for me to make myself scarce and give her some space." Bobby started to argue, but was interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. He walked to the foyer and sighed when he opened the door and saw a very nervous Harv Smithfield standing there. "Hi, Harv. Listen, JR got your message to call, but Sue Ellen fainted and is at the hospital. He dropped everything to go be with her." "I'm sorry to hear that," Harv told him. "Is she alright?" "Yes. She and the baby are both fine." "Good," Harv nodded. "Because JR has a huge problem." "What's that?" "Can I come in?" Harv asked. "I need a drink." *** JR sat in the dark hospital room and watched the rise of fall of his wife's chest as she slept. She'd woken up briefly when he and Pam had come into the room. The look she'd given him.. JR shivered at the memory of it. So much pain. He'd sent the women and Gary back to Southfork. The doctors said Sue Ellen was fine, just needed some rest. Donna and Pam both needed to be at Southfork to help Mavis with the funeral. Plus… well, JR didn't want an audience for the coming storm between him and Sue Ellen. Part of him wanted to kill Clayton Farlow. Another part of him was strangely grateful. JR knew himself well enough to know that if he'd heard about this before Sue Ellen, the temptation to try to hide it from her would have been overwhelming. He probably would have covered it up, and no doubt it would have blown up in his face at the worst possible time. JR knew everyone was surprised he hadn't lost his temper with Farlow. But, what would have been the point? The damage had already been done. And even though telling Sue Ellen was a stupid thing to do, Farlow didn't have any malice in his heart. He truly seemed to just want to warn her before stories of JR's European love child ended up on the front page of every paper in Dallas. He sighed deeply and prayed Sue Ellen would forgive him. He felt like a broken man. He had lost his father. He couldn't lose her too. He'd never survive. *** "That's fine, Mavis," Pam said, looking over the list of the pallbearers. "Everything looks fine." "So you all approve of what I have planned?" The Ewing women all shrugged and nodded. "Alright. I do want to talk about the eulogy though." "Why?" Lucy asked her. "Punk is the best choice." "Yes. But I thought.." "What?" Pam prodded. "JR should speak too," Mavis said in a rush. "Out of the question," Pam said firmly. "Please," Mavis pleaded. "JR is Jock's eldest son. They worked side by side together at Ewing Oil for so many years. It will look very strange if he doesn't speak." Val growled under her breath, stood up, and left the room. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset her. If she thinks Gary should speak too, that will be fine." "It's not that, Mavis," Donna said carefully. "It's just that… look, JR has the weight of the world on him right now. We're all very worried and asking him to speak at Jock's funeral after all he did to the family…" "It'll push JR right over the edge," Pam finished Donna's thought. "I understand how difficult this is," Mavis said quietly. "But, it's important to Miss Ellie that the world see Jock Ewing buried with the same honor and dignity that they believed he lived with." "I don't think JR…" "I'll talk to him, Mavis," Lucy waved her hand and cut Pam off. "Is there anything else?" "No. Thank you, Lucy. Truly. All I want is for Miss Ellie to get through this." "We all want that," Lucy told her. "All of us." *** "You believe her?" Bobby asked skeptically. "I do," Harv nodded. Harv had just informed the Ewing brothers about Vanessa Beaumont, her son, and Jock's last ditch effort to bring them both to Dallas. James Beaumont had been Jock's fail safe. If his sons all refused to fall back in line and do his bidding, then Jock had intended to make James his heir. But Vanessa had refused to play Jock's game. She'd turned down a fortune and told Jock that her son wasn't a pawn and she wouldn't allow him to be used that way. After Jock's investigators had finally given up and left her alone, she'd taken her son and disappeared. She only resurfaced this morning, after she saw the news reports of Jock Ewing's death. "I want to talk to her," Bobby finally said. "I don't know if that's such a good idea, Bobby," Harv sighed. "She doesn't seem to be any threat. Maybe we should leave well enough alone." "No," Ray broke in. "Bobby's right. We have to be sure." "Alright," Harv said, standing up. "I'll go back to the office and set up the call. Be in touch soon." Bobby walked Harv to the door. Gary waited hnt his brother came back into the room and spoke for the first time. "Be careful, Bobby," he said evenly. "Sue Ellen isn't in any shape to deal with this right now. Don't shake the tree so hard that nuts start falling all over the place." "Copy that," Bobby growled. "I'll be careful. But it has to be done, Gary. It just does." *** "JR?" JR opened his eyes and bolted upright in his chair. "Honey? Are you okay?" "Yes," she croaked. "Just thirsty." JR got up, poured her a cup of water from the pitcher at her bedside,and handed it to her. "Here you go, honey." Sue Ellen gulped down the water and handed him the cup back. "Thank you." JR pointed to a spot beside her on the bed. "May I?" Sue Ellen chuckled slightly and nodded at him. "Of course, JR." "The doctor said you and the baby will be fine. I thank God for that." "I should have listened to you and Pam. I hadn't been sleeping and wasn't keeping much food down. I should have gone to the doctor and gotten something for my nausea. I'm sorry I scared everyone." "Now, none of that," JR smiled at her. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Sue Ellen…" "Don't, JR," she said roughly. "I know you and everyone else expects me to lose my mind over this child, but I'm not that weak. Not anymore. I saw the picture. He's at least twelve years old." "Thirteen," JR sighed. "I met his mother when I was stationed overseas." "And you never knew she had a baby, JR?" "No, I didn't." "Swear it to me, JR," she pleaded. "I need to be sure." "I swear it, Sue Ellen," JR said earnestly. "On my father's soul and my son's life. I never had any idea." "Alright, JR," a single tear slipped out of her eye and down onto her cheek. "I believe you. And whatever happens, we'll figure it all out together." JR felt his entire body relax at her words. "I love you, Sue Ellen." "I love you too, JR. And I'm so sorry about Jock. I know how much you loved him, in spite of everything." JR let out a low moan and leaned forward to rest his head on her shoulder. She brought up her hand, gently stroked his hair, and comforted him as he finally let go of all his grief and cried. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top