Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 269322" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Sixty:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>JR leaned against his mother's closed bedroom door and studied her carefully. He'ds been standing there a while, but so far she hadn't even bothered to acknowledge his presence.</p><p></p><p>She finally looked over at him and narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to stand over there in the corner like a frightened little boy all day, or come over here and talk to me?"</p><p></p><p>JR pushed away from the door and walked over to sit in the chair beside her. "I won't ask how you're holding up. I know you're devastated."</p><p></p><p>"Strangely enough, I'm much calmer than I was earlier," Ellie told him. </p><p></p><p>"Then why are you still hiding up here in your room refusing to see anyone?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie raised her face to meet his gaze. "Because I wanted to see you first and I knew eventually you'd come up here and force me to talk."</p><p></p><p>JR chuckled lightly and relaxed back into the chair. "Well?"</p><p></p><p>"I need you to know I was going to take him back, JR. I made him tell me everything. I knew every nasty, disgusting thing he was doing to you and your brothers. But I was going to take him back anyway."</p><p></p><p>"I know," JR shrugged. "It was hard for me to understand at first, but Sue Ellen made me see…"</p><p></p><p>"See what?"</p><p></p><p>"How much you loved him. How much he needed you. Besides, I'm pretty sure you put some conditions on your reconciliation to protect the rest of us."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she confessed softly. "I made him swear to leave you all alone. To let you go and live your lives happily with your families."</p><p></p><p>"Did you know he wasn't taking his blood thinners?"</p><p></p><p>"No," she sighed. "But I'm not surprised. He was starting to believe the doctors were hurting him more than they were helping him."</p><p></p><p>"Did you know he updated his will a few weeks ago?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie's eyes widened in shock. "Yes. He told me. But… how did YOU know that, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"I have someone in Harv's office. I don't know what's in it, but I know it's been revised."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"How bad is it, Mama?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie bowed her head and slumped down in the chair. "Bad. That's why I wanted to talk to you first."</p><p></p><p>"Alright. Tell me."</p><p></p><p>"I will," she brought her eyes back up to his. "But I need to know, JR…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Your brothers...they'll all take their cues from you, even if they don't realize it. I know you're angry with me. You have every right to be…"</p><p></p><p>"Stop," he held up his hand and cut her off. "You're my mother. Sometimes I don't understand why you do the things you do, and I get mad as hell about it. But I love you. And I know you love me. You love us all."</p><p></p><p>Ellie brought her hands up to cover her face and sobbed heavily. JR moved forward and pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair and whispering to her softly. "It's okay, Mama. Everything is going to be okay."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Can I get you anything?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen looked up at her sister-in-law and smiled. "No thank you, Pam. I'm fine."</p><p></p><p>"Is JR still in with Miss Ellie?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen nodded. "He's been in there a very long while."</p><p></p><p>Pam moved to sit beside Sue Ellen on the bed and reached out to take her hand. "Are you alright?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I… I know we have to deal with JR's lost love and son, but we can't. Not until Jock is buried and the will is read. JR is carrying the entire weight of this family on his shoulders. He needs my support, not my demanding insecurity."</p><p></p><p>"You don't have any reason to be insecure," Pam smiled at her. "JR loves you with all his heart. Whatever happens, he won't let that woman and her son come between you."</p><p></p><p>"I… yes," Sue Ellen relaxed under the covers. "I know in my heart you're right. How is Bobby doing?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't think it's hit him yet," Pam sighed. </p><p></p><p>"Are you scared, Pam? About the will?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Why would I be?"</p><p></p><p>"Jock was a cruel man. I don't think he would leave this world without setting up one more nasty surprise for his sons."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe. But I'm still not worried. JR and Bobby have come so far. They've mended their relationship completely. They won't let Jock's will destroy what they've built.</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Pam. I hope you're right. I pray to God you're right."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"They've been up there a long time."</p><p></p><p>Gary glanced over at his daughter and shrugged. "They have a lot to talk about."</p><p></p><p>"You seem to be getting along well with JR. That makes me so happy."</p><p></p><p>"JR's mellowed," Gary told her. "But…"</p><p></p><p>"But what?"</p><p></p><p>"Jock Ewing knew better than anyone else how to push JR's buttons. I have no doubt that he did everything he could in his will to drive JR to turn against the rest of us."</p><p></p><p>"JR will be fine," Lucy said, her voice full of conviction.</p><p></p><p>"We'll see, Lucy," Gary said doubtfully. "We'll see."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR walked into his and Sue Ellen's bedroom, went to the bed, sat down beside her, and bent his head to kiss her cheek. "How are you feeling?"</p><p></p><p>"Just fine, JR," she reached up and stroked his cheek. "What about you?"</p><p></p><p>JR shrugged and stood up. "I haven't really thought about how I feel. I'm focused on doing what needs to be done."</p><p></p><p>"And do you know what needs to be done?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Not really. Just as I suspected, Daddy left a ton of nasty surprises in his will. A competition for me and Bobby. Winner take all."</p><p></p><p>"What kind of competition?"</p><p></p><p>"Profits. We both run half the company for a year. Whoever makes the most money gets the whole company and the other gets nothing."</p><p></p><p>"Can you refuse to do it?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR said softly. "But if we do, the whole company goes to another heir."</p><p></p><p>"Who? Gary? Ray?"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR narrowed his gaze on her face to study her reaction to his words. "James Beaumont."</p><p></p><p>"What?!" Sue Ellen cried out. "But… Oh, JR…"</p><p></p><p>"I need you to be strong now, Sue Ellen," he went back over and sat beside her again. "I can't figure a way out of this on my own. I need your help, honey. Can you do that? Can you put aside your fear and worry about that boy and help me?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen swallowed hard and closed her eyes, silently praying for strength. "Yes," she finally breathed out. "Yes, JR. I can help you. Jock Ewing doesn't get to win. Not this time."</p><p></p><p>"That's my girl," he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "That's my girl."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Vanessa gave up trying to sleep and climbed out of her bed.</p><p></p><p>Jock Ewing was dead, but he still wouldn't go away.</p><p></p><p>She'd been informed by Harv Smithfield that her son was named in Jock's will and would need to be represented at the will reading if possible. Vanessa had contacted an attorney in Dallas and hired him to represent her son's interests.</p><p></p><p>Wouldn't it be ironic justice if after all these years, all the hurt and pain, if JR Ewing lost everything he cared about to a son he never knew about or wanted?</p><p></p><p>Everyone said time heals all wounds, but Vanessa was living proof that wasn't true. Her heart was just as broken today as it had been all those years ago.</p><p></p><p>Maybe now, finally, she would be able to make JR pay for what he'd done to her. </p><p></p><p>That would suit Vanessa just fine.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Do you know what they're talking about?" Valene asked, looking Sue Ellen in the eye.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shifted uncomfortably and dropped her gaze to the table in front of her.</p><p></p><p>She and JR had talked about the will and their options. He'd called Harv Smithfield and verified a few details, then called all his brothers and Miss Ellie into a meeting in Jock's study. </p><p></p><p>"Yes," she finally answered. "They're talking about Jock's will."</p><p></p><p>"Does JR know what's in it?" Lucy asked.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen answered honestly. "So does Miss Ellie."</p><p></p><p>"And?" Val demanded, her voice exasperated.</p><p></p><p>"And...look, they'll talk to us all soon, I'm sure. But we…"</p><p></p><p>"What Sue Ellen?" Donna prodded her.</p><p></p><p>"I just...this is going to be very difficult and painful for the men. Jock intended for it to be. They're going to need us all for support and guidance. I want us all to promise each other right now, when it gets rough, when they fight, when this threatens to tear our family apart… We will stand strong, together, and hold our family together. What's good for one of us is good for us all."</p><p></p><p>"How can we promise anything when we don't even know what's going on?" Valene demanded.</p><p></p><p>"Because," Pam said softly,reaching out to cover Sue Ellen's hand with hers. "Sue Ellen asked us to. I trust her, Valene."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Pam," Sue Ellen smiled at her.</p><p></p><p>"I trust you too, Aunt Sue Ellen," Lucy piped up. "Family first. Right?"</p><p></p><p>"That's right," Sue Ellen nodded.</p><p></p><p>"All for one and one for all," Donna sighed.</p><p></p><p>"Mama?" Lucy looked over at Val when the other woman remained silent.</p><p></p><p>"I...Oh, fine," she threw her hands up in the air. "I promise."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Val," Sue Ellen smiled again. "Our men can get through this. As long as they have us, everything will be just fine."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I can't believe he did this!" Bobby raged.</p><p></p><p>"Calm down, Bob," JR ordered him. "This shouldn't be a surprise."</p><p></p><p>"Agree," Gary muttered. "This is completely within our father's character."</p><p></p><p>"JR, you said you talked to Harv," Ray spoke up,"He have any advice about breaking will based on Jock's mental state?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. He said we could do it. But it would take more than a year. Ewing Oil wouldn't survive without leadership that long."</p><p></p><p>"JR's idea is a good one," Gary said. "It should work."</p><p></p><p>"It will only work if everyone keeps their word," Bobby narrowed his eyes on JR's face. "Some people around here don't have the best track record with being sincere."</p><p></p><p>"I can't deny that, Bobby," JR said lowly. "But you know things are different now. I want Ewing Oil, yes. But not if it costs me my family."</p><p></p><p>"You're asking me to trust you with my entire future, JR," Bobby growled.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I am," JR replied evenly. </p><p></p><p>"This is the only way," Ellie spoke for the first time. "A real competition with the winner taking Ewing Oil lock, stock, and barrel will destroy us all."</p><p></p><p>"What about the Beaumont boy?" Ray asked.</p><p></p><p>"He only becomes a problem if Bobby and I refuse to abide by the terms of the will," JR answered.</p><p></p><p>"I don't like it," Gary sighed, "but we have no choice. I say we go with JR."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Ray agreed. "I can't think of any other solution."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby?" JR pressed him when his youngest brother remained silent.</p><p></p><p>Bobby glared at him for a few moments before turning his eyes to his mother. "What about you, Mama? Where do you stand?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie squared her shoulders and sat up straight. "I stand with JR."</p><p></p><p>Bobby shook his head and cut his eyes back to JR. "No tricks. No games."</p><p></p><p>"I swear it, Bobby," JR vowed solemnly.</p><p></p><p>"Alright then. I guess I'm with you too then."</p><p></p><p>"Good," Ellie stood. "We should all try to get some sleep..Tomorrow is going to be a very long day."</p><p></p><p>Bobby stood alone in a corner and watched his mother and his brothers file out of the room.</p><p></p><p>He couldn't believe he'd just handed the keys to his future over to JR.</p><p></p><p>He hoped with all his heart he wouldn't live to regret it.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Now, honey," JR laughed as he climbed under the covers with his wife, "you can't be mad at Bobby for having doubts. Not given my history."</p><p></p><p>"He should know you only want what's best for our family!" She snapped angrily. </p><p></p><p>"He's got years of distrust built up, Sue Ellen. We need to cut him some slack."</p><p></p><p>He reached over, pulled her into his arms, and laid his hand on her belly. "Have you felt her move again?"</p><p></p><p>"Don't try to change the subject, and… wait. Her? What makes you think it's a girl?"</p><p></p><p>"Don't know," JR kissed her shoulder softly. "Just do."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"Please honey," JR's voice was soft and pleading. "It's been such a hard day. I don't want to talk about Daddy or Bobby or Ewing Oil or any other damn thing. Just let me be with you and love you, okay?"</p><p></p><p>"We have to talk about it all," Sue Ellen told him. "And the Beaumonts too."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR agreed. "But not this exact moment. Please, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen reached up and cupped his face in her hands. "Alright, JR," she gave in. "At this exact moment, I won't ask you for anything but to love me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You think JR can keep his promises?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie put down her tea and sighed into the phone. "I don't know, Punk. But this is the only way I can see to save my family. Did you do what I asked?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, Ellie. I wish you'd reconsider."</p><p></p><p>"I can't. Whether or not JR keeps his word, the existence of James Beaumont is a bomb waiting to explode. I have to do something."</p><p></p><p>"JR won't like this, Ellie."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I know," Ellie said worriedly. "But it's what has to be done. JR doesn't have the strength to do it. That means it's up to me. JR will just have to deal with it - whether he likes it or not "</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 269322, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Sixty: ***. JR leaned against his mother's closed bedroom door and studied her carefully. He'ds been standing there a while, but so far she hadn't even bothered to acknowledge his presence. She finally looked over at him and narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to stand over there in the corner like a frightened little boy all day, or come over here and talk to me?" JR pushed away from the door and walked over to sit in the chair beside her. "I won't ask how you're holding up. I know you're devastated." "Strangely enough, I'm much calmer than I was earlier," Ellie told him. "Then why are you still hiding up here in your room refusing to see anyone?" Ellie raised her face to meet his gaze. "Because I wanted to see you first and I knew eventually you'd come up here and force me to talk." JR chuckled lightly and relaxed back into the chair. "Well?" "I need you to know I was going to take him back, JR. I made him tell me everything. I knew every nasty, disgusting thing he was doing to you and your brothers. But I was going to take him back anyway." "I know," JR shrugged. "It was hard for me to understand at first, but Sue Ellen made me see…" "See what?" "How much you loved him. How much he needed you. Besides, I'm pretty sure you put some conditions on your reconciliation to protect the rest of us." "Yes," she confessed softly. "I made him swear to leave you all alone. To let you go and live your lives happily with your families." "Did you know he wasn't taking his blood thinners?" "No," she sighed. "But I'm not surprised. He was starting to believe the doctors were hurting him more than they were helping him." "Did you know he updated his will a few weeks ago?" Ellie's eyes widened in shock. "Yes. He told me. But… how did YOU know that, JR?" "I have someone in Harv's office. I don't know what's in it, but I know it's been revised." "JR…" "How bad is it, Mama?" Ellie bowed her head and slumped down in the chair. "Bad. That's why I wanted to talk to you first." "Alright. Tell me." "I will," she brought her eyes back up to his. "But I need to know, JR…" "What?" "Your brothers...they'll all take their cues from you, even if they don't realize it. I know you're angry with me. You have every right to be…" "Stop," he held up his hand and cut her off. "You're my mother. Sometimes I don't understand why you do the things you do, and I get mad as hell about it. But I love you. And I know you love me. You love us all." Ellie brought her hands up to cover her face and sobbed heavily. JR moved forward and pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair and whispering to her softly. "It's okay, Mama. Everything is going to be okay." *** "Can I get you anything?" Sue Ellen looked up at her sister-in-law and smiled. "No thank you, Pam. I'm fine." "Is JR still in with Miss Ellie?" "Yes," Sue Ellen nodded. "He's been in there a very long while." Pam moved to sit beside Sue Ellen on the bed and reached out to take her hand. "Are you alright?" "Yes. I… I know we have to deal with JR's lost love and son, but we can't. Not until Jock is buried and the will is read. JR is carrying the entire weight of this family on his shoulders. He needs my support, not my demanding insecurity." "You don't have any reason to be insecure," Pam smiled at her. "JR loves you with all his heart. Whatever happens, he won't let that woman and her son come between you." "I… yes," Sue Ellen relaxed under the covers. "I know in my heart you're right. How is Bobby doing?" "I don't think it's hit him yet," Pam sighed. "Are you scared, Pam? About the will?" "No. Why would I be?" "Jock was a cruel man. I don't think he would leave this world without setting up one more nasty surprise for his sons." "Maybe. But I'm still not worried. JR and Bobby have come so far. They've mended their relationship completely. They won't let Jock's will destroy what they've built. "Oh, Pam. I hope you're right. I pray to God you're right." *** "They've been up there a long time." Gary glanced over at his daughter and shrugged. "They have a lot to talk about." "You seem to be getting along well with JR. That makes me so happy." "JR's mellowed," Gary told her. "But…" "But what?" "Jock Ewing knew better than anyone else how to push JR's buttons. I have no doubt that he did everything he could in his will to drive JR to turn against the rest of us." "JR will be fine," Lucy said, her voice full of conviction. "We'll see, Lucy," Gary said doubtfully. "We'll see." *** JR walked into his and Sue Ellen's bedroom, went to the bed, sat down beside her, and bent his head to kiss her cheek. "How are you feeling?" "Just fine, JR," she reached up and stroked his cheek. "What about you?" JR shrugged and stood up. "I haven't really thought about how I feel. I'm focused on doing what needs to be done." "And do you know what needs to be done?" "No. Not really. Just as I suspected, Daddy left a ton of nasty surprises in his will. A competition for me and Bobby. Winner take all." "What kind of competition?" "Profits. We both run half the company for a year. Whoever makes the most money gets the whole company and the other gets nothing." "Can you refuse to do it?" "Yes," JR said softly. "But if we do, the whole company goes to another heir." "Who? Gary? Ray?" "No," JR narrowed his gaze on her face to study her reaction to his words. "James Beaumont." "What?!" Sue Ellen cried out. "But… Oh, JR…" "I need you to be strong now, Sue Ellen," he went back over and sat beside her again. "I can't figure a way out of this on my own. I need your help, honey. Can you do that? Can you put aside your fear and worry about that boy and help me?" Sue Ellen swallowed hard and closed her eyes, silently praying for strength. "Yes," she finally breathed out. "Yes, JR. I can help you. Jock Ewing doesn't get to win. Not this time." "That's my girl," he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "That's my girl." *** Vanessa gave up trying to sleep and climbed out of her bed. Jock Ewing was dead, but he still wouldn't go away. She'd been informed by Harv Smithfield that her son was named in Jock's will and would need to be represented at the will reading if possible. Vanessa had contacted an attorney in Dallas and hired him to represent her son's interests. Wouldn't it be ironic justice if after all these years, all the hurt and pain, if JR Ewing lost everything he cared about to a son he never knew about or wanted? Everyone said time heals all wounds, but Vanessa was living proof that wasn't true. Her heart was just as broken today as it had been all those years ago. Maybe now, finally, she would be able to make JR pay for what he'd done to her. That would suit Vanessa just fine. *** "Do you know what they're talking about?" Valene asked, looking Sue Ellen in the eye. Sue Ellen shifted uncomfortably and dropped her gaze to the table in front of her. She and JR had talked about the will and their options. He'd called Harv Smithfield and verified a few details, then called all his brothers and Miss Ellie into a meeting in Jock's study. "Yes," she finally answered. "They're talking about Jock's will." "Does JR know what's in it?" Lucy asked. "Yes," Sue Ellen answered honestly. "So does Miss Ellie." "And?" Val demanded, her voice exasperated. "And...look, they'll talk to us all soon, I'm sure. But we…" "What Sue Ellen?" Donna prodded her. "I just...this is going to be very difficult and painful for the men. Jock intended for it to be. They're going to need us all for support and guidance. I want us all to promise each other right now, when it gets rough, when they fight, when this threatens to tear our family apart… We will stand strong, together, and hold our family together. What's good for one of us is good for us all." "How can we promise anything when we don't even know what's going on?" Valene demanded. "Because," Pam said softly,reaching out to cover Sue Ellen's hand with hers. "Sue Ellen asked us to. I trust her, Valene." "Thank you, Pam," Sue Ellen smiled at her. "I trust you too, Aunt Sue Ellen," Lucy piped up. "Family first. Right?" "That's right," Sue Ellen nodded. "All for one and one for all," Donna sighed. "Mama?" Lucy looked over at Val when the other woman remained silent. "I...Oh, fine," she threw her hands up in the air. "I promise." "Thank you, Val," Sue Ellen smiled again. "Our men can get through this. As long as they have us, everything will be just fine." *** "I can't believe he did this!" Bobby raged. "Calm down, Bob," JR ordered him. "This shouldn't be a surprise." "Agree," Gary muttered. "This is completely within our father's character." "JR, you said you talked to Harv," Ray spoke up,"He have any advice about breaking will based on Jock's mental state?" "Yes. He said we could do it. But it would take more than a year. Ewing Oil wouldn't survive without leadership that long." "JR's idea is a good one," Gary said. "It should work." "It will only work if everyone keeps their word," Bobby narrowed his eyes on JR's face. "Some people around here don't have the best track record with being sincere." "I can't deny that, Bobby," JR said lowly. "But you know things are different now. I want Ewing Oil, yes. But not if it costs me my family." "You're asking me to trust you with my entire future, JR," Bobby growled. "Yes. I am," JR replied evenly. "This is the only way," Ellie spoke for the first time. "A real competition with the winner taking Ewing Oil lock, stock, and barrel will destroy us all." "What about the Beaumont boy?" Ray asked. "He only becomes a problem if Bobby and I refuse to abide by the terms of the will," JR answered. "I don't like it," Gary sighed, "but we have no choice. I say we go with JR." "Yeah," Ray agreed. "I can't think of any other solution." "Bobby?" JR pressed him when his youngest brother remained silent. Bobby glared at him for a few moments before turning his eyes to his mother. "What about you, Mama? Where do you stand?" Ellie squared her shoulders and sat up straight. "I stand with JR." Bobby shook his head and cut his eyes back to JR. "No tricks. No games." "I swear it, Bobby," JR vowed solemnly. "Alright then. I guess I'm with you too then." "Good," Ellie stood. "We should all try to get some sleep..Tomorrow is going to be a very long day." Bobby stood alone in a corner and watched his mother and his brothers file out of the room. He couldn't believe he'd just handed the keys to his future over to JR. He hoped with all his heart he wouldn't live to regret it. *** "Now, honey," JR laughed as he climbed under the covers with his wife, "you can't be mad at Bobby for having doubts. Not given my history." "He should know you only want what's best for our family!" She snapped angrily. "He's got years of distrust built up, Sue Ellen. We need to cut him some slack." He reached over, pulled her into his arms, and laid his hand on her belly. "Have you felt her move again?" "Don't try to change the subject, and… wait. Her? What makes you think it's a girl?" "Don't know," JR kissed her shoulder softly. "Just do." "JR…" "Please honey," JR's voice was soft and pleading. "It's been such a hard day. I don't want to talk about Daddy or Bobby or Ewing Oil or any other damn thing. Just let me be with you and love you, okay?" "We have to talk about it all," Sue Ellen told him. "And the Beaumonts too." "Yes," JR agreed. "But not this exact moment. Please, Sue Ellen." Sue Ellen reached up and cupped his face in her hands. "Alright, JR," she gave in. "At this exact moment, I won't ask you for anything but to love me." *** "You think JR can keep his promises?" Ellie put down her tea and sighed into the phone. "I don't know, Punk. But this is the only way I can see to save my family. Did you do what I asked?" "Yes, Ellie. I wish you'd reconsider." "I can't. Whether or not JR keeps his word, the existence of James Beaumont is a bomb waiting to explode. I have to do something." "JR won't like this, Ellie." "Yes. I know," Ellie said worriedly. "But it's what has to be done. JR doesn't have the strength to do it. That means it's up to me. JR will just have to deal with it - whether he likes it or not " *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top