The Falcon Crest Coat of Arms

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What is on the Falcon Crest coat of arms?

It's divided into 4 sections each with a different image. At the top is a bowl which might be a receptacle from which wine could be drunk, the crossed swords might represent the fighting that went on at the winery and the grapes at the bottom might represent the original vine that Angela's grandfather brought over from Italy. What I'm really curious about is the first image. Do you think it is meant to represent the Gioberti property? I assume that it was built before the Falcon Crest mansion so it would make sense that it was on the coat of arms rather than the Falcon Crest property. Or is it just a random building representing something else or nothing at all?

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's the Gioberti's ancestral home in Tuscany Italy, it served as the inspiration for Jason's (much smaller) home. At least that's what I assume.
That's a viable possibility, I hadn't previously thought of it being a building from the Italian fatherland.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
IMHO the building in the first image is the Gioberti castle mansion. Angela's grandfather Giuseppe built the place some time between 1875 and 1880, before the Victorian mansion was built (circa 8 - 10 years later). The Gioberti castle mansion was the starting point from where Giuseppe planted Italian vines around, to form Falcon Crest.

Angela catches up with Lance, in the vineyards and she gives him a telling off, (a scene from season 3, 1983 - '84):

The novice vintner who could one day inherit America's finest wine business just listens.

Angela: "I've told you again and again my grandfather paid for this land, with his sweat and his blood. Now every generation since have sacrificed themselves to keep this legacy alive. You can turn your back on me anytime you like but never let me hear you say anything against Falcon Crest again."

Lance with his sunglasses on, gets into his red Porsche 944 and speeds off. He leaves his grandmother looking at her millions of vines.

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah Maggie and Chase's castle, the original Gioberti homestead. Wasn't it twice when the the coat of arms was dropped and replaced by a another design of the FC mansion in the season 5 opener, again for the first episode of season 9 when a falcon sweeps in and the name FALCON CREST just appears?

Gioberti84

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah Maggie and Chase's castle, the original Gioberti homestead. Wasn't it twice when the the coat of arms was dropped and replaced by a another design of the FC mansion in the season 5 opener, again for the first episode of season 9 when a falcon sweeps in and the name FALCON CREST just appears?

Ya I think that is correct! The coat of arms was important, for the show's image.

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Falcon Crest originally belonged to the Agrettis, does that include both mansions? Or just one? Or neither?

I'm not sure about Chase's house but when Melissa took over FC she lived in Angela's Victorian mansion. Is that what you mean Willie? The Agretti ownership document was later declared a fake because it was tied into a poker game the old Agrettis cheated in. I can't remember how it was determined the Agretti ancestors cheated.