Nominations The next nominations will be in two parts

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I will be on our family holiday in 6 weeks, so this should give us two member's chosen word/theme threads and 5 top ten artists threads.

The next and last challenge (before I return) will be a theme.

Foreign Songs.png

(everything but English).png

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I will have to listen through my "Foreign" playlist on Spotify carefully, cause I have no intention of nominating 20 Swedish songs. Maybe 3 at most.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I will have to listen through my "Foreign" playlist on Spotify carefully, cause I have no intention of nominating 20 Swedish songs. Maybe 3 at most.

I have a similar issue because I listen to a lot a French music to help me with may vocabulary and understanding of the language. I'm going to try and incorporate a wide range of languages in my final 20 so only a few French songs will make the cut.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm planning on getting the next theme started this coming weekend. To give you a heads up on what we'll be tackling next week, one member has suggested this...

Best Intro.png

Think about 20 songs in which you think has the best intro.

Who will nominate the winning song?

Who will find some of the most interesting intros to songs from across the globe and decades...?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
After we have finished the word DON'T our next challenge is based on a theme

Afraid.png

One member has come up with an idea to nominate songs that would contain words, or phrases of something you fear, whether it is spiders, heights, diseases, or ghosts and monsters.

Whatever you fear, the world can be a very dark and scary place...

Not badly timed either, what, with Halloween creeping up on everyone.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Can we also do song titles with the word AFRAID in it?

I would say yes, but before I go jumping the gun, here's what the membered suggested.

20 songs that has a word in the title of something that many people are afraid of. Spiders, monsters, ghosts, water, fire, (holding a) speech, sharks, snakes, blood, flying etc.

AND.... Because I didn't note all this down on Word, I believe I haven't stayed true to what the member suggested.

It's a theme based around the word AFRAID, but needs to contain a word in the song title and not just part of the lyrics as my post above suggests.

I've sent a message to ask if we can use the word AFRAID in the title, so I will update as soon as I hear something.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, and one more thing....:hide:

You've probably guessed that this isn't my suggestion.

Or am I playing you all like fiddles.....

Dark Ome.jpg

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
20 songs that has a word in the title of something that many people are afraid of. Spiders, monsters, ghosts, water, fire, (holding a) speech, sharks, snakes, blood, flying etc.
So the song doesn't have to be based on the fear theme? For example, "Fire" by the Pointer Sisters is not a scary song.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
So the song doesn't have to be based on the fear theme? For example, "Fire" by the Pointer Sisters is not a scary song.

Hmm...

It's not a scary song, but it contains a word that someone would deem as scary.

Pretty much like Wuthering Heights isn't scary, but there is a fear that someone would be scared of heights.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm scared of some pretty weird things (I wonder if I can find a song about Quorn?) so I was thinking it could be a very eclectic round. Then I read the following post that clarified the theme was "something that many people are afraid of" so I'm now going to research songs about a Conservative government. :)

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Ome, can we still suggest more themes or words or is the 2nd chosen word round coming to an end?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
PM the mysterious suggester again
I have spoken with our AFRAID creator and then have instructed me to let you know that we are looking songs that contain something in the title in which many people are scared of.

So, the song itself doesn't have to be scary and we can't use the word AFRAID because that's just the title of the theme.

can we still suggest more themes or words or is the 2nd chosen word round coming to an end?
Absolutely. I have some fantastic suggestions, so keep them coming.

I'm happy to run this indefinitely, or until the suggestions stop coming through.

The current members making the suggestions are me, Angela, Emelee, Mel, Richard & Willie.

I still have suggestions from Long Lashes and Jessie, but won't include them until they return and are available to join in with the rest of us.

I'm also more than happy to take any other members on if they wish to get involved.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm happy to run this indefinitely, or until the suggestions stop coming through
Although I wouldn't mind seeing these suggested themes being alternated with the themes we've discussed a long time ago, e.g. Best Of Genre (Motown, Country etc) / hits by famous songwriters / Bee Gees covers / covers of hits from a certain decade / songs that mention a month / 12" versions etc.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Although I wouldn't mind seeing these suggested themes being alternated with the themes we've discussed a long time ago,
I haven't looked at that suggestion list in a long time. :oops: I'll work out a way into bringing those suggestions within the current way of doing things.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Up next will be another theme

Times of Day.png

Like, morning, afternoon, evening.....

Like midnight, midday, dusk, dawn....