Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
There's no such thing as horoscopes
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 424827" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>If you were to run a (good) Astro101 class, you'd start with Rising sign (AKA: ascendant) because it tends to be the catalyst of the individual's overall horoscopic make-up. Rising sign as very physical and very attitudinal (but, based on birth time, the data is very volatile and subject to change -- and <strong><em>not </em></strong>always from <em>incorrect </em>to <em>correct)</em>.</p><p></p><p>But laymen see it. They see it all the time in a Separated-At-Birth kind of way. They just don't know what is.</p><p></p><p>There have been numerous times when friends have asked me it this-or-that celebrity had the same rising sign as someone we knew, and more-often-than-not, they did.</p><p></p><p>Even my father (a very educated fellow with a grasp of math, science and history) who seemingly had no interest in the topic, shocked me one day when he asked me if Humphrey Bogart and Senator Bob Dole had the same Rising sign. After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I was able to say, "Yes, Dad -- they both have <strong>Taurus Rising</strong>." (Not that Bogart and Dole look that much alike, but they have that creepy voice and crypt-keeper quality).**</p><p></p><p>I'm sure Dad didn't remember the conversation, or my answer, even five minutes later. But, who knows....?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 424827, member: 57984"] If you were to run a (good) Astro101 class, you'd start with Rising sign (AKA: ascendant) because it tends to be the catalyst of the individual's overall horoscopic make-up. Rising sign as very physical and very attitudinal (but, based on birth time, the data is very volatile and subject to change -- and [B][I]not [/I][/B]always from [I]incorrect [/I]to [I]correct)[/I]. But laymen see it. They see it all the time in a Separated-At-Birth kind of way. They just don't know what is. There have been numerous times when friends have asked me it this-or-that celebrity had the same rising sign as someone we knew, and more-often-than-not, they did. Even my father (a very educated fellow with a grasp of math, science and history) who seemingly had no interest in the topic, shocked me one day when he asked me if Humphrey Bogart and Senator Bob Dole had the same Rising sign. After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I was able to say, "Yes, Dad -- they both have [B]Taurus Rising[/B]." (Not that Bogart and Dole look that much alike, but they have that creepy voice and crypt-keeper quality).** I'm sure Dad didn't remember the conversation, or my answer, even five minutes later. But, who knows....? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
There's no such thing as horoscopes
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top