Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
5
 
Awards
13
Marvellous video of character intros. I am not at all surprised at who is in top position. This actor made the show her own, until it would have been unthinkable if she wasn't there.
 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here is my newest video, now for the top ten most memorable Season Premieres of a Supersoap. I hope it is on enough time for you to watch it. As usual, I have included "Dallas", "Knots Landing", "Falcon Crest", and "Dynasty", because they were the ones that had the best Season Premieres. Remember that I already did one video for the most watched Season Finales (see above). This video will probably be uploaded to Dailymotion if YouTube banishes it for some kind of obscure reason. In this case I will re-post here the new URL. Thanks a lot for your interest and encouragement. More videos to come soon! Opinions are not only welcome but very much-needed!


In case the YouTube link disappears, here is the same video to watch from Dailymotion! Enjoy it!

 

Count Jockula

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
13
 
Awards
37
Season 6 really was a new dawn for FC and an exciting chapter it was too. Jeff Freilich was on record as saying that the opening sequence of the fifth season put him to sleep, hence his retooling when he took over (post earthquake). IMHO the 5th season opening sequence wasn't all that boring. So Kim Novak joined the cast, proving to be very popular with the leading star Jane Wyman. However I'm glad Kim didn't return in season 7. Having a season almost devoted to her was enough.


The family are coming to terms with the earthquake. Peter and the winery workers find Angela and Julia. Angela is comforted by Peter. While Julia is in a bad state. Chao-Li runs from the mansion, puffing from lack of breath. Emma's whereabouts are enquired about, (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

Chao-Li: "She is inside the house Mrs. Channing. I think she needs you!"

Lance suggests they take Julia to the Chapel, for first aid.

Peter: "Chao-Li you stay here, keep an eye on the place."

Chao-Li runs off in the direction of the winery: "Yes Mr. Stavros."
 
Last edited:

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here is this week´s video. Due to the subject ("huge mistakes that ruined the Supersoaps", go figure...!), it will take two parts to complete. You can watch Part One here, with the first (or last) 5 mistakes. Including the "usual suspects": "Dallas", "Dynasty", "Falcon Crest", "Knots Landing", and "The Colbys". "Flamingo Road" will appear in Part Two...I hope you enjoy this video, as you can see at the end, I´ve included thanks to you all here on Soapchat because part of the info you can read about the shows, could be found and confirmed thanks to the threads and posts from here that Google directed me to.

 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Here is this week´s video. Due to the subject ("huge mistakes that ruined the Supersoaps", go figure...!), it will take two parts to complete. You can watch Part One here, with the first (or last) 5 mistakes. Including the "usual suspects": "Dallas", "Dynasty", "Falcon Crest", "Knots Landing", and "The Colbys". "Flamingo Road" will appear in Part Two...I hope you enjoy this video, as you can see at the end, I´ve included thanks to you all here on Soapchat because part of the info you can read about the shows, could be found and confirmed thanks to the threads and posts from here that Google directed me to.

Great work @Toni :clap:
 

Richard Channing

Eternal Member
LV
13
 
Awards
25
Here is this week´s video. Due to the subject ("huge mistakes that ruined the Supersoaps", go figure...!), it will take two parts to complete. You can watch Part One here, with the first (or last) 5 mistakes. Including the "usual suspects": "Dallas", "Dynasty", "Falcon Crest", "Knots Landing", and "The Colbys". "Flamingo Road" will appear in Part Two...I hope you enjoy this video, as you can see at the end, I´ve included thanks to you all here on Soapchat because part of the info you can read about the shows, could be found and confirmed thanks to the threads and posts from here that Google directed me to.

:bravo1::10::bravo:
 

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
5
 
Awards
13
Season 6 really was a new dawn for FC and an exciting chapter it was too. Jeff Freilich was on record as saying that the opening sequence of the fifth season put him to sleep, hence his retooling when he took over (post earthquake). IMHO the 5th season opening sequence wasn't all that boring. So Kim Novak joined the cast, proving to be very popular with the leading star Jane Wyman. However I'm glad Kim didn't return in season 7. Having a season almost devoted to her was enough.


The family are coming to terms with the earthquake. Peter and the winery workers find Angela and Julia. Angela is comforted by Peter. While Julia is in a bad state. Chao-Li runs from the mansion, puffing from lack of breath. Emma's whereabouts are enquired about, (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

Chao-Li: "She is inside the house Mrs. Channing. I think she needs you!"

Lance suggests they take Julia to the Chapel, for first aid.

Peter: "Chao-Li you stay here, keep an eye on the place."

Chao-Li runs off in the direction of the winery: "Yes Mr. Stavros."

At the same time Kim must have been doing something right, when Jane wanted her to stick around. Kim as Skylar / Kit became a fugitive in the thrilling season 6 conclusion so unless she came back in another disguise, or maybe became attracted to Carlton Travis. That character oozed mystery.
 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here is this week´s video, the second and last part of the Top Ten "Huge Mistakes that Ruined the Supersoaps". This one is a bit longer and, as in the previous one, covers the four major soaps (both D´s, Falcon and Knots), and also "The Colbys" and "Flamingo Road" because...well, we are talking here of "huge mistakes"...if you know what I mean. Number One (the last part) includes a bit of TV history about why we are using a certain expression for a certain moment when quality begins to drop...

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Voilà my latest video and the first new one for September. This time it's for the 10 (+1) rags-to-riches women in the Supersoaps, i.e., those (mostly) young ladies who, despite their humble (or just poor) origins, got to have millions in their banks. As usual, it's a countdown video starting with number 11, plus three more as "honorable mentions". Enjoy them and "like" if you like...

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here is this week´s video, devoted to the best dialogues from "Falcon Crest", the Lorimar show that followed "Dallas" on Friday nights for a long time. Next December the series will celebrate its 38th anniversary, and we have to regret that TPTB have only released, so far, two of its nine seasons on DVD, plus Season 3 on demand and Season 4 available on iTunes.

Despite the low quality of some of these clips (you can use the CC subtitles to better understand the dialogues), I hope you enjoy this video and remember those good old times when every show had its own personality within the subgenre.

"Falcon Crest" was sharp, witty, black-humored, self-conscious and proud of itself. Long live to the show and its actors!!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here´s this week´s video with the trivia subject of "Top 22 Actors Who Started on the Supersoaps". This doesn´t include those who already had a professional career behind or those who left acting a few years after their debuts. As usual, I´m taking into account the 4 major soaps. I hope you like the video!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Thanks to the collaboration of (the real) Mr. Channing and his connections with the Cartel and The Thirteen, I could get some new material to improve the quality of my Top 39 best dialogues from "Falcon Crest". I hope you can watch now if you didn´t, and enjoy the "comic" introduction!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Time for a new video and for jumping into the crazy but glamorous world of Supersoaps, this time to remember the most glamorous parties we could attend during the 80s! Enjoy the video!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Finally our SoapChat is back...and my Supersoaps videos too...Next is...

"Top 12+1 Supersoap Characters who outstayed their welcome". You know them, you fear them, you fast-forward their scenes...because they just weren´t the fabulous characters you watched the shows for. And sometimes they seemed not to want to leave for anything in the world. Don´t miss the video: you might get a few laughs at some point of it!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Here is this week´s first video, celebrating the Top 10 jinxed weddings in the Supersoaps. I hope you like it (if it "disappears", I´ll upload it somewhere else...). I tried to make my own "restoration" to some of the clips though I´m afraid it´s not too sophisticated...


 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
New video this week dedicated to the best (or worst!) fashion statements done by the supersoap designers that would make funny choices for Carnival! I hope you like it!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Another Top 10 video, this time for the best bottle episodes, in memory of Brian Dennehy, the recently deceased actor you can see in the pic as his Dallas character. I hope you enjoy the video! Take care and stay strong!

 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
26
Voilà the first but not last Top 10 video for June. This time is devoted to the strangest resurrections in the Supersoap genre. Again, this one also includes the much-maligned "Flamingo Road"!!

 
Top