Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Dallas celebrates its forty fifth anniversary next year.

I like a lot of you on here am waiting patiently for the new HD episodes of the season's to be released on Blu-ray.

However do you have any other plans to celebrate this milestone?

I have been collecting signed photographs of the cast off eBay for many years now and now have all that I need of the main cast. The only one which has eluded me so far is Dack Rambo who played Jack Ewing, God Rest his soul.

How will you be celebrating the Forty Fifth Anniversary next year?

I actually haven't decided yet myself but I'm interested to know what the rest of you will be up to. Incidentally a Merry Christmas to all of you.

Dallas cast..jpg

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Just thought I'd bump this up as we're now in the Anniversary year.

I shall of course be buying the new Blu-ray collection when it gets released.

Any other plans from all of you as regards the Anniversary this year? :)

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think I’ll celebrate by starting another rewatch. I haven’t done one now in about 3 years and that’s odd for me. Life just gets in the way sometimes unfortunately but for the anniversary I will definitely watch the entire miniseries to start with.

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve been slamming my hands down on tables decisively, using as gruff of a voice as I can muster, and saying “damn” and “hell” a lot, but inexplicably I don’t think anyone realizes I’m paying tribute to Jock Ewing in honor of the 45 year thing..

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have nothing planned for Dallas 45th Anniversary this year, i'm still rewatching the show on dvd so i will just go on untill i have seen all the episiodes, maybe i could watch a couple more episodes on their Anniversary day, but nothing special at all for me.

Like many other people i'm still hoping for a full blu-ray boxset, maybe for their 50th Anniversary in 2028?. ;)

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve been slamming my hands down on tables decisively, using as gruff of a voice as I can muster, and saying “damn” and “hell” a lot, but inexplicably I don’t think anyone realizes I’m paying tribute to Jock Ewing in honor of the 45 year thing..
Is it odd that lately I keep randomly saying “I am Takapa” out loud and can’t stop doing it?

rayanddonnafan

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Giant
I'm hoping they do another event at the ranch like they did for the 40th! I'm not counting on it due to the change in leadership, but I hope Warner Bros can convince them to do it! I know the studio has a lot up their sleeve for the WB100 celebration this year, too, which included the re-master.

Snowcat

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Grease
I'm hoping they do another event at the ranch like they did for the 40th! I'm not counting on it due to the change in leadership, but I hope Warner Bros can convince them to do it! I know the studio has a lot up their sleeve for the WB100 celebration this year, too, which included the re-master.
Hard to say if they’ll do it now that Larry is gone. Only Patrick, Linda & Lucy & Ray left

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I'm hoping they do another event at the ranch like they did for the 40th!
i dont see that happening, we are nearing the end of February and its only a month and a bit away - far too little time for an organised event

I think the fact that Larry has passed - he was THEE Dallas man for big events like that and a larger than life personality, the others dont have his larger than life charisma

The only Dallas star Id cross the Atlantic for is Miss Principal and thats not going to happen - but I wish it would!

The 30th was a great day at SF but not what I thought i was getting when i bought my $1000 ticket - exclusive 100 people having cocktails at SF with the cast and that left a bit of a sour taste

They were still letting people come a week before and the exclusive "100" people never happened as it was hi jacked by press interviews

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Hard to say if they’ll do it now that Larry is gone. Only Patrick, Linda & Lucy & Ray left

Good grief, you've left out Pam, the lovely Victoria Principal!

It would be a real coup to bring Pam back for the Forty Fifth Anniversary.

I suppose they could bring back some of the show's more memorable guest stars to fill the ranks out too.

John Beck, Christopher Atkins, Priscilla Pointer, Audrey Landers and maybe Ted Shackleford alongside Joan Van Ark would be great to see them again.

I'd also love to see a few of the show's baddies back to celebrate too, the lovely Morgan Brittany and William Smithers who played Jeremy Wendell would be cool to see them all in promotional material too. :)

Snowcat

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Grease
Good grief, you've left out Pam, the lovely Victoria Principal!

It would be a real coup to bring Pam back for the Forty Fifth Anniversary.

I suppose they could bring back some of the show's more memorable guest stars to fill the ranks out too.

John Beck, Christopher Atkins, Priscilla Pointer, Audrey Landers and maybe Ted Shackleford alongside Joan Van Ark would be great to see them again.

I'd also love to see a few of the show's baddies back to celebrate too, the lovely Morgan Brittany and William Smithers who played Jeremy Wendell would be cool to see them all in promotional material too. :)
I was talking about who may show up, not who I would want to see. If they were able to convince Victoria, that could definitely draw people

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
And we should also exclude centenarians (e.g. Priscilla Pointer, William Smithers)

Why?

If they're healthy enough and willing to be part of the Anniversary celebrations of Dallas they should be allowed to make some sort of appearance.

I would understand if they didn't want to appear but at least they should be asked if they'd like to contribute to the Anniversary. :)

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If they're healthy enough and willing to be part of the Anniversary celebrations of Dallas they should be allowed to make some sort of appearance.

I would understand if they didn't want to appear but at least they should be asked if they'd like to contribute to the Anniversary. :)
Personally I’d like to see them both show up if they’re able to. They were there for the show’s glory years and probably have a lot of good stories to tell.