• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

What's The Last Album You bought?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
50 Grooste Hits CD was easy to get at online stores first, but I never really paid attention to it afterwards because I also just bought the # 1 compilation CD from Reba,

Yes, I seem to remember I almost bought #1s instead because it had many of the same tracks as 50 Greatest Hits.

maybe te cd wlll come back in stock someday and ask a normal price.

Yes indeed. I hope you manage to find a reasonably priced one. And you've done really well to get a copy of Oklahoma Girl which has some very nice tracks on. I just listened to Reba's version of Sweet Dreams on YouTube and it's lovely - one of my favourite versions of that song.

i think you will love most of her albums

I think you're right. I really like her voice and a lot of her material. A lot of my favourite tracks of hers seem to be from the early Nineties (Does He Love You; Why Haven't I Heard From You; Take It Back; And Still), but I've only just scratched the surface. In fact I don't think I've listened to every song on 50 Greatest Hits yet.

i will post my Reba cd's today or tomorrow :)

Oh, excellent. I'm looking forward to it.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I seem to remember I almost bought #1s instead because it had many of the same tracks as 50 Greatest Hits.
Yes that's right, many songs where the same that's why i bought the #1 cd, because it contains two new songs.

Yes indeed. I hope you manage to find a reasonably priced one. And you've done really well to get a copy of Oklahoma Girl which has some very nice tracks on. I just listened to Reba's version of Sweet Dreams on YouTube and it's lovely - one of my favourite versions of that song.

Yes I hope to find it for a reasonably price too, i just have to keep an eye on some online stores :).
The Oklahoma Girl is fantastic i really like the songs, i also like most of the 7 unreleased songs that where on the cd, and "She Came On Like Thunder" and "Lovin' You, Lovin' Me" are two of my new favorite discoveries from the cd., i think you will like the songs too. ;)

I think you're right. I really like her voice and a lot of her material. A lot of my favourite tracks of hers seem to be from the early Nineties (Does He Love You; Why Haven't I Heard From You; Take It Back; And Still), but I've only just scratched the surface. In fact I don't think I've listened to every song on 50 Greatest Hits yet.
I love Reba's voice too, it's so differend from most other country singers and she really has her own unique sound, and love her lyrics and the feeling she puts in her songs.

Oh, excellent. I'm looking forward to it.
Great, i hope you will like my Reba McEntire cd collection.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
"She Came On Like Thunder" and "Lovin' You, Lovin' Me" are two of my new favorite discoveries from the cd., i think you will like the songs too. ;)

Oh wow. I like them a lot.

The intro to She Came On Like Thunder reminds me of Martina McBride's Heart Trouble, but then it gets all epic and exciting. Really nice. Lovin' You Lovin' Me is very sweet and heartfelt.

I love Reba's voice too, it's so differend from most other country singers and she really has her own unique sound,

Yes, she's definitely got her own recognisable sound. I really appreciated how good her voice was when I got her My Kind Of Christmas album. There's minimal instrumentation but she still brings warmth and a bouncy energy and really carries it. It's one of my favourite Christmas albums.

love her lyrics and the feeling she puts in her songs.

Absolutely. Whether she's being sassy or heartbroken, she sells it all so well.

Great, i hope you will like my Reba McEntire cd collection.

Oh, I'm sure I will, PC.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh wow. I like them a lot.

The intro to She Came On Like Thunder reminds me of Martina McBride's Heart Trouble, but then it gets all epic and exciting. Really nice. Lovin' You Lovin' Me is very sweet and heartfelt.
Glad you like them too, "She Came On Like Thunder" is really that kind of song you wouldn't expect it to be, suddenly the song it turns into something else.
Reba keeps surprising you.

Yes, she's definitely got her own recognisable sound. I really appreciated how good her voice was when I got her My Kind Of Christmas album. There's minimal instrumentation but she still brings warmth and a bouncy energy and really carries it. It's one of my favourite Christmas albums.

That's funny, i don't have "My Kind Of Christmas" album, i still need to get it along with her first 1987 Christmas album. But ys her voice is still sound gooda slo when she sings a capelle.

Absolutely. Whether she's being sassy or heartbroken, she sells it all so well.

Yes that's right, she really can hit my feelings with many songs of her's, indeed she really knows how to play with it sassy or heartbroken.

Oh, I'm sure I will, PC.
Great. :)

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
"She Came On Like Thunder" is really that kind of song you wouldn't expect it to be, suddenly the song it turns into something else.
Reba keeps surprising you.

Yes. It's definitely not what I thought it would be when it first started. Which is nice.

That's funny, i don't have "My Kind Of Christmas" album, i still need to get it along with her first 1987 Christmas album.

My Kind Of Christmas is a great album. It's really intimate and warm - just Reba and a piano in many tracks. It's easy to imagine her standing next to a piano having an intimate little sing-song with her friends or family.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. It's definitely not what I thought it would be when it first started. Which is nice.

Me too, it's nice indeed, i like those kind of songs.
My Kind Of Christmas is a great album. It's really intimate and warm - just Reba and a piano in many tracks. It's easy to imagine her standing next to a piano having an intimate little sing-song with her friends or family.

Okay, thanks for explaining how this CD sounds, in case I think "where the hell are the drums and guitars?", I think i will pick this cd up when the Summer is over en the autmn begins. I agree that Reba really sounds great with only a piano, it reminds me of the 1981 song "How Does It Feel To Be Free"

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today I've made Kate Bush a richer woman.

1620513856564.png
1620513885616.png

Nevertheless, Wuthering Heights has been dethroned as my all-time favourite KB song. Now it's December Will Be Magic Again although I hate to think of it as a Christmas song. I do like to think of it as the Christmas smash hit that wasn't. It's just so perfect in every way.
But.
It's not on any of her albums so I need to buy a Christmas compilation and find it bookended by Band Aid and Mariah Carey (*grumbles*).

1620515183450.png

Including the 12" duet with Brigitte Nielsen

1620515429335.png

I decided to get rid of an awful hi-nrg coverversion of Bang-A-Boomerang and after that I cheerfully dug out More Abba Gold to listen to the superior original.
Only to discover that it wasn't on the ABBA Gold CDs at all! This had to be fixed, on the double.

1620515901535.png

I already have the extra-long version of Rasputin but it's partially Nightflight To Venus, and the kazachok in space...no, that doesn't even make sense to me.
I needed the original extended album version that starts with the Rasputin drums.
Come to think of it, it's possible that I've re-bought this album, it just seems so odd that I've never had this CD before. Oh well.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today I've made Kate Bush a richer woman.

View attachment 27098View attachment 27099
Nevertheless, Wuthering Heights has been dethroned as my all-time favourite KB song. Now it's December Will Be Magic Again although I hate to think of it as a Christmas song. I do like to think of it as the Christmas smash hit that wasn't. It's just so perfect in every way.
But.
It's not on any of her albums so I need to buy a Christmas compilation and find it bookended by Band Aid and Mariah Carey (*grumbles*).

View attachment 27100
Including the 12" duet with Brigitte Nielsen

View attachment 27101
I decided to get rid of an awful hi-nrg coverversion of Bang-A-Boomerang and after that I cheerfully dug out More Abba Gold to listen to the superior original.
Only to discover that it wasn't on the ABBA Gold CDs at all! This had to be fixed, on the double.

View attachment 27102
I already have the extra-long version of Rasputin but it's partially Nightflight To Venus, and the kazachok in space...no, that doesn't even make sense to me.
I needed the original extended album version that starts with the Rasputin drums.
Come to think of it, it's possible that I've re-bought this album, it just seems so odd that I've never had this CD before. Oh well.
Wow, that are some great purchases you did @Willie Oleson, enoy your music.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wuthering Heights has been dethroned as my all-time favourite KB song. Now it's December Will Be Magic Again

Both twinklingly gorgeous songs.

It's not on any of her albums

Gosh - that's a shocker.

I need to buy a Christmas compilation and find it bookended by Band Aid and Mariah Carey (*grumbles*).

Ha ha. I have it on a Christmas compilation where Kate is at least flanked by Dean Martin and Peggy Lee (even if they are respectively singing Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town).

This had to be fixed, on the double.

For me this is the one that got away in terms of ABBA studio albums. I stupidly decided to wait for the Deluxe Edition digipak to drop in price, only for it to get deleted and shoot up instead.

It blew me away the first time I heard that full-length combo of Nightflight/Rasputin in all its ten and a half minute glory. I didn't even know it existed until seven years ago when I bought their studio album boxset to get me in the mood for seeing Boney M. in concert.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It blew me away the first time I heard that full-length combo of Nightflight/Rasputin in all its ten and a half minute glory.
I like Nightflight and I like Rasputin, and I also like the complete Nightflight/Rasputin suite.
But Nightflight with a bit of Rasputin (or vice versa) just sounds like a bad edit.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I like Nightflight and I like Rasputin, and I also like the complete Nightflight/Rasputin suite.

For me, it's like Dan Hartman's Vertigo/Relight My Fire, where you have to listen to both back-to-back to get the full impact of each track.

But Nightflight with a bit of Rasputin (or vice versa) just sounds like a bad edit.

Yes. I suppose problem is they flow together so well on the album, that Nightflight has no real end of its own and Rasputin has no real beginning. If you skip to Rasputin on the Nightflight album it sounds like it's starting mid-song, so it's probably difficult to get a "clean" version of either song without delving into the other.

I have a couple of shorter versions of Rasputin (3:43 and 4:28) which have clean drumbeats at the beginning, but I'm not sure whether or not they're lifted from Nightflight. Thankfully I haven't heard an edited version of Nightflight, as I'm sure that would just sound plain wrong.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
HelenShapiro.jpg

As best I can remember, Helen Shapiro was my first celebrity crush, but by the time I was old enough to buy my own records I guess her star had faded and I never did own any of her music - until now.
I had no idea that she had done so much, or that her range was so wide - both vocally and in style of material. All I really remember a couple of radio hits.
I think my favourites here are her covers of the hits of the 60s. The combination of those songs and that voice is still irresistible.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is not the original version it's the 2015 remix by Blank & Jones.
The original is more space-disco, a popular sub-genre in the late 1970s :)
Okay, that's why i liked this version of the song, :) I will hear the original song on Spotify, now i really need to know how space-disco sounds like. ;)