Your avatar stories

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I just realized that my current avatar is a subconscious medley of Knots Landing and The Exorcist.

Oh. I'd thought that was completely intentional for your Hallowe'en themed avatar.

I swear sometimes when I see it out of the corner of my eye I can see Diana's head spinning.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My current avatar is the house I grew up in. I found a picture of it online and it made me very sentimental. Every time I look at it I’m brought back to my childhood and it honestly makes me feel pretty good. I keep thinking about changing it because it’s really not good to live in the past but for some reason I’m just not ready to change it yet. I guess when I look at that avatar it makes me feel like my family that I grew up with is still with me. Of course with or without the avatar that’s probably true.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd thought that was completely intentional for your Hallowe'en themed avatar.
Initially it was supposed to express my frustration regarding some tech-savvy stuff that turned out to be a major p.i.t.a.
I found a picture of it online and it made me very sentimental.
And you have very good reasons to be sentimental about it. What a beautiful place!

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My current avatar is a screenshot from episode 9 in season 1 of Falcon Crest. Angela agrees to have her portrait painted by an old suiter who is really after romance but she is just using him to make Douglas jealous. The image is from the final scene we see her admiring the finished product after it's hung on a wall at Falcon Crest.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
My midwinter theme is its usual Narnian.

Once again it's time for me to walk through the wardrobe.

For my avatar I've got the White Witch Jadis in her sleigh, arriving to terrify Edmund:

She's still terrifying the out-of-shot Edmund in my latest avatar. This time she's posturing on her throne as he looks at the living statues surrounding him.

my siggy has the Pevensie children arriving at the Beavers' home:

They're on my profile page banner this time round.

And my profile banner has Lucy by the lamppost.

In 2021 Tumnus the fawn waits alone by the lamppost in my siggy.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I've got to say, you certainly milked your way with the Halloween theme before this. :laughing:

I must confess I was well bored with it, but couldn't find the energy or inspiration to change it for something else.

I did enjoy the way Drew fitted as an avatar though. With the central circle and the white background she seemed (to me) to be popping out from the avatar space;

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I spent several minutes re-learning MS Paint in order to "winter-ize" a familiar photo of Our Dear Red, and all was well---she even got a festive "elf hat". But then the site's decorations put a coat of snow on top of all the photos, so everything got screwed up. I went back into Paint and re-adjusted the top, bottom, and margins in an effort to make it look normal, but as you can see....it's not her best look. I hope she took it with a sense of humor, though.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I probably change my avatar too often. I typically go with Old Hollywood imagery, movie stars, or something else that just might be totally random. Perhaps I need to solidify my identity a little more?

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I probably change my avatar too often. I typically go with Old Hollywood imagery, movie stars, or something else that just might be totally random. Perhaps I need to solidify my identity a little more?
You do change it a lot but I kind of like it when people do that. I like seeing what ur gonna change it to next.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The final scene from the episode Tony Come Home (season 1 episode 5) when Lance and Angela watch Julia going upstairs after she decides not to leave with Tony.

ange lance2.jpg

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My current avatar is the house I grew up in. I found a picture of it online and it made me very sentimental. Every time I look at it I’m brought back to my childhood and it honestly makes me feel pretty good. I keep thinking about changing it because it’s really not good to live in the past but for some reason I’m just not ready to change it yet. I guess when I look at that avatar it makes me feel like my family that I grew up with is still with me. Of course with or without the avatar that’s probably true.
This is very cool. And here I thought it was THE BRADY BUNCH house (well, not really).​

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It seems as if my avatar is always changing. There for a while I wasn't content with it. When I was still calling my online self "Caproni", I felt obligated for my avatar to be centered around FALCON CREST in some form. As "ClassyCo", I feel more comfortable shifting it to practically anything dealing with something within classic TV and film.

My current avatar is a close-up of James Stewart in REAR WINDOW, the 1954 Alfred Hitchcock thriller that just happens to be one of my favorites from the director. The look Stewart's dishing out just seems fitting an online forum: a prowler of sorts lurking around at another's business.​

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
After several weeks of Agent Carter...

I've updated to Gert Yorkes from Runaways, taken from a group poster and tweaked a little bit...