Reaction score
Awards
You're welcome, Karin. I'm happy to be with you again ! :hb:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favorite Pam and Bobby scene would have to be when he asks her to remarry him. That whole season was building up towards that. I remember being 10 years old and watching that with my mom thinking it’s not gonna happen, they’re not gonna get back together again. Even at only 10 I knew this couple belonged together. My mom kept asking me what do u think? And I kept saying I don’t know but if he’s leaving the show we’ve got a shot. And then it happened. It wasn’t for long but at least they reunited. To this day my favorite scene in Dallas history

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I totally agree ukdallasfan! I did not see the miniseries in its original run but when I did see it many years later it gave me even more of an appreciation for Bobby and Pam. And it still does every time I watch it

K

Karin Schill

Great picks! :)

I agree with @Ukdallasfan that Bobby and Pam were great in the mini-series. Like a modern Romeo & Juliet. :love3:
I think "Digger's Daughter" is the one episode of Dallas that I have watched the most times. I have lost count of how many times I have seen it by now.

@DallasFanForever I love the proposal scene. It's so emotional. In fact I remember that the first episode of Dallas that I was allowed to watch was in this season. I was 9 going on 10 and I was visiting with a friend. Her parents let her watch Dallas so we watched it. I remember that my friend was waiting for Bobby and Pam to get back together again. I had trouble reading the subtitles though, since they changed them so fast, so I lost interest before the show was over! :embarrassed:
But I remember thinking that all the women were really glamourous in their high heels and big earrings.

Then it took me another 1 ½ year until I was hooked on Dallas when Pam crashed into that tanker. I had to see if she survived and that hooked me. I remember talking on the phone with my friend after that and she told me that she had stopped watching Dallas by then! :(

So what was it that hooked you on Dallas?

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing I think the reason I began shipping Bobby and Pam when I was a teenager was because they never cheated on each other. Out of all the Dallas couples they were the ones that seemed to have the most healthy marriage. They loved each other and the problems in their relationships came from the outside - family feud - rather than from the inside.

Also if anyone else wanna join into the discussion please do. Any more fans of this couple?

pb08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great post Karin! I really enjoyed reading that. But you reminded me of Pams last scene, unfortunately LOL. I was 12 at that point and I had no idea Victoria was leaving the show. Just didn’t know. And I remember picking up the good old TV Guide and looking up Dallas to see the short write up they would do in the listings. And it said “Another tragedy shatters Pam and Bobby’s happiness.” I remember thinking “Oh God what now?!” And then I watched the episode, not realizing that the show would never be the same for me ever again.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love Bobby&Pam and I ship them because they are true soulmates and they belong together despite the Barnes Ewing feud. It was so sad when they got their first divorce and neither one of them were aware that their siblings JR and Katherine had a hand in them ending their marriage because they worked together to keep them apart by Katherine writing a letter that said Pam wanted a divorce even though they still loved each other. I recommend that everyone rewatch the episode The Letter sometime soon so we can discuss it here since it such a sad episode for the fans of Bobby&Pam even though it was a well written episode.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watched The Letter last night actually. So heart wrenching and painful but so well written at the same time. Definitely a turning point in the series. You can feel the sadness and regret in both characters during the final scene. And you hurt with them, not just for them. But thus begins their 20 month trip back to one another. And I’ve always said that some of the best scenes between Bobby and Pam were during this time when they’re estranged and are with other people. So as much as I hate their breakup, I love the long winding road they have to travel to get back together. I’ve heard people say that the writers kept them apart too long and they should’ve put them back together much sooner, and I don’t fault anyone for thinking that way. But I disagree. I think the slow build from The Letter to Swan Song was well done, and it made their reunion that much sweeter. Just my opinion

K

Karin Schill

I haven't watched "The letter" in a while, but I watched the final scene where Bobby and Pam decided to end their marriage last year when I was writing on my Dallas TNT fanfic "Forgiveness" since I transcribed the dialogue of that scene for a memory scene I wrote. Then I also observed their facial expressions in detail and that scene is truly great TV. There are so much anguish and pain in their eyes. You can literally see how Pam comes to the meeting place with hope of starting a new and how that hope is crushed and replaced with pain as she realizes that her marriage is over. I think the tragedy of this scene is that neither Bobby nor Pam really wants to divorce. But they think they are doing what is best for the other person by setting them free and it's just so sad. :cry:

But yeah that was some brilliant acting!

@DallasFanForever I agree with you that Bobby and Pam's break up in "The Letter" opened up to some great storylines. I also enjoyed the time when they were apart and still loved each other and we were just waiting for them to get back together again. It was perfectly written and acted.:10:

Also I happened to like Jenna and Bobby so I enjoyed watching their relationship when Bobby and Pam were apart. I think it was sweet how they were first loves and Priscilla was so beautiful. She gave Jenna the elegance of a southern lady. I never liked Pam and Mark though, probably because he started to persue her while she was still married. While Jenna only came back into the picture after they had already divorced.

What's everyone else's opinion of the Bobby/Jenna and Pam/Mark pairings?

jennabobbyportrait.jpg

images.jpg

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hard for me to see Bobby and Pam with other people but I did like Jenna. I liked the back story of she and Bobby being child hood sweethearts. And they definitely did care for one another. I would rather have seen Jenna and Bobby reunite than her marrying Ray once Pam left the show. Bobby would’ve never loved Jenna the way he loved Pam of course but if Pams not in the picture then I can buy Bobby with Jenna. I also liked Mark. Thought he was really funny and I think he definitely loved Pam. But I agree that I did not like how he went after a married woman. Had Bobby stayed dead I could’ve bought Pam with Mark.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And I would also like to add that another thing I liked about Jenna and Bobby’s relationship was Charlie. I liked her interaction with Bobby. They had a good rapport and he really loved her as if she were his own

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I rewatched the episode The Letter earlier this evening and I just love this episode so much even though it is a very sad episode for Bobby&Pam fans and it also sets up two very important storylines for the fans of original Dallas: 1. Bobby&Pam’s eventual divorce and long road to reconciling. 2. It also introduces us to John Ross’s camp counselor Peter Richards and the start of Sue Ellen’s infatuation with him.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you @Mrs Bobby James Ewing :)

@DallasFanForever I also really liked Charlie. I know this is not a popular opinion among Bobby & Pam fans, but I think Bobby, Jenna, Charlie and Christopher made a cute family. I could have bought them together with Lucas in the season after Pam left. It would have made more sense than Bobby returning to his playboy ways and running after all these different women. Kay, Tammy, Tracy, April even Lisa Alden. He dated all of them within a year or so after Pam had disappeared. It seemed pretty pointless. So I would have preferred to see him live a family life with Jenna and their kids.

Also another question to all of you. Who do you think the show suffered the most without, Bobby or Pam?

Personally I think they were both essential to the show and take away one and you only had half of our favorite couple left. :(
But my choice would still be Bobby, since take away Bobby and you lose the sibling's rivalry between JR and Bobby. Also I liked Bobby with April too but I never did warm to Pam and Mark. Maybe it's because I began to watch the show when Pam crashed Bobby's car into that tanker. So I watched the last four years of the show first.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Karin Schill, I loved Bobby&Jenna as a couple too with Charlie and Christopher even though I wanted Bobby&Pam to reunite. They were a cute little family and they should have gotten married and raised their son Lucas together with Charlie and Christopher after Pam left the show instead of the writers having Bobby abandon Lucas just because Christopher was adopted. I wasn’t a fan of the last years of Original Dallas because I didn’t like watching Bobby being a playboy and chasing after the ladies so in my opinion original Dallas was horrible without Bobby or Pam and it needed both characters to make the show interesting to watch.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is a tough question and I’m really not sure how to answer it. I think the show suffered greatly without both Bobby and Pam. Without Bobby, J.R. was not the same. Neither was Pam. Neither was Jenna. Bobby’s absence is the main reason I’m not too particularly fond of the dream season. Aside from the fact that it ends up being a dream, I found the show very boring without Bobby. But Pam leaving means we lost the Barnes-Ewing feud. Both Bobby and J.R. were not the same without Pam. Neither was Cliff. Neither was Jenna for that matter. So I don’t know which exit hurt more, but I do know they definitely both hurt the show a lot.