Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Year of the Woman

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Wow, Johnny has gone up in my estimation for not agreeing with Andrew and co during their bitching session about Ann in the garden. Andrew can’t cope with someone not agreeing and resorted to calling Johnny (behind his back naturally) "uneducated". In case you haven’t noticed I’ve gone off Andrew. I find him self-absorbed . There's more to Johnny than I originally thought and even if he only disagreed with Andrew and co because he's playing a game then thats fine by me too.

I wasn’t surprised the guys chose to nominate Ann and Amanda. Although I was surprised by the females choosing John and from what I can remember I’ve not had the impression that he talks over other people, but then we don’t get to see everything.

Initially I thought the endurance task favoured the guys because the females were fewer in numbers and also had the two oldest HM’s. I admire both Jess and Ashley for competing with such determination, especially as they were competing for the benefit of somebody else's survival. They could have decided not to try so hard to ensure that Ann and Amanda had more chance of eventually being evicted.

By the end of the HL’s Daniel had a haunted look about him. He actually said .. "I used to be so misogynistic" …used to be??? I won’t miss Daniel if he goes or his little anecdotes.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was relieved Andrew became safe in the girls' nominations and jumping for joy when they put Daniel up. I need the women to win, but sadly, if they have to choose between the two I think they will evict John.

I had to watch the scene with John & Shane twice because I couldn't grasp the whole thing. I didn't understand what club John was referring to when he said he would kick out Andrew and I didn't understand what he thought Andrew was going to do. It came across totally homophobic to me and John used the excuse that he's 54 and it's the way his mind works. None of it made sense to me. I also don't understand this concept that all straight men think gay men want to have sex with them.

I wish they would concentrate more on these interesting conversations over showing us people massaging each other in the bedroom.

The game they were playing was brilliant too and I wanted more, though it was funny how they struggled to keep the momentum going and I laughed at Shane L making a sandwich while chuckling to himself.

I knew nothing about Daniel when he went into the house and I still don't know much about his past other than what they've shown on BB, but I can totally get what sort of person he is from watching the highlights, why can't the others see this?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wow, Johnny has gone up in my estimation
I'm not feeling the love for Jonny like you, but all is fair because you're not feeling the love for Andrew like me. :lol:

I admire both Jess and Ashley for competing with such determination, especially as they were competing for the benefit of somebody else's survival.

Yes, yes, yes!!! The women need to win, we can't lose another woman, it's getting embarrassing.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I had to watch the scene with John & Shane twice because I couldn't grasp the whole thing. I didn't understand what club John was referring to when he said he would kick out Andrew and I didn't understand what he thought Andrew was going to do. It came across totally homophobic to me and John used the excuse that he's 54 and it's the way his mind works. None of it made sense to me. I also don't understand this concept that all straight men think gay men want to have sex with them.
I found that conversation rather stilted and it didn't seem to make sense. I wondered if we saw just part of a longer conversation and are missing some context? I was appalled at what John appeared to be saying and yet Courtney seemed happy enough with the responses. Maybe I should have watched it twice too.

I wish they would concentrate more on these interesting conversations over showing us people massaging each other in the bedroom.
Absolutely. We've had some interesting conversations this series, but I always feel that they're too edited or cut short.

I laughed at Shane L making a sandwich while chuckling to himself.
Who doesn't need a well-timed sandwich?:D

I like Shane L and his dry humour. He tends to keep out of a lot of the conversations and I can't blame him for that, although I would like to get to know him more.

'm not feeling the love for Jonny like you, but all is fair because you're not feeling the love for Andrew like me.
I'll have changed my mind again by tomorrow :lol:

I love your Courtney avatar @Ome :cool1

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I guess it was inevitable that John would be picked, somehow Daniel is very popular with the girls and I can't get why. Maybe if the girls saw his behaviour and vulgarity with the lads they might think differently. m At least it wasn't another female that went.

I absolutely adore Amanda, just watching her dance around with everyone is simply delightful, I hope I have that much oomph in me when I reach 80.

There was quite a bit of red tartan going on today, at one point I thought it was part of the boys' task. Speaking of tasks, Shane was brilliant with the colours and what a way to do it by covering the words and only seeing the colour?

Did Ginuwine take part in any of the tasks?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I should have watched it twice too.
Well, I watched it twice and still couldn't get the main points of what John was implying or meaning. I thought I understood what John was saying, but what threw me was Shane saying he was happy with John's explanation.

Who doesn't need a well-timed sandwich?:D
I love that saying :D

I love your Courtney avatar @Ome
She is giving a very similar reaction to how I felt yesterday with all the CBB getting axed stories.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Marcus was in a sarky mood - “Wayne is name dropping…again!” :lol:

The task was tense because it meant there would be a huge consequence for the losers which made it more exciting than regular tasks to watch. I was so happy the girls won and then felt let down when they saved Daniel over John. From what they said I didn’t like the reason i.e. Daniel still has so much to achieve in life and John has already been successful.

Back door evictions are always cruet, although it was a nice touch to have - ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ - playing, I almost teared up myself.

Malika was saying to Daniel something about him being forgiven for what he did prior to going into the house - before this CBB I had no idea he even existed. I can't wait for Daniel to go to the public vote because he's already dodged one eviction by saving himself and then got to stay at John's expense.

The HM’s are so funny, they dramatically mourned John’s eviction with tears for 5 mins before fighting over his bed

I absolutely adore Amanda, just watching her dance around with everyone is simply delightful, I hope I have that much oomph in me when I reach 80.
I love her :D and I enjoyed seeing Wayne enthusiastically leading a dance class, its good to see the HM's having some fun together.

Did Ginuwine take part in any of the tasks?
I can't remember, I don't think he did, but here's a scary thought .... he carries a gun.

She is giving a very similar reaction to how I felt yesterday with all the CBB getting axed stories.
My apologies, that was my fault for scare mongering on Soap Chat :hide:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Marcus was in a sarky mood

He's making so much more out of the announcements and I love it, I hope this continues in all formats.

The task was tense because it meant there would be a huge consequence for the losers which made it more exciting than regular tasks to watch
Yes, it was and I loved watching Daniel squirm.

. From what they said I didn’t like the reason i.e. Daniel still has so much to achieve in life and John has already been successful.
They really do give out weak excuses.

he carries a gun.
I wish they would talk about this more too.

And Ginuwine said our police force are stupid not to carry guns - well at least most of our people are still alive to serve their sentence and that includes the innocent people who run away.

My apologies, that was my fault for scare mongering on Soap Chat :hide:
:Clol:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realise there was a live eviction tonight.

Apparently, 5 housemates are up and we will learn all in tonight's show.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Back door evictions are always cruet,

It a shame that they don't get to experience the reaction of the crowd and have an exit interview with Emma. However, I think had it gone to the normal nomination and public vote process it was highly likely he would have been evicted anyway.

I felt they shouldn't have allowed Shane J to block off part of his field of vision for the colour task because it took away the distraction of the word on the screen being different from the colour but full marks to him for coming up with that strategy.

Ann again revealed her bigotry in saying gay love is "disgusting". Surprised that housemates were so dismissive of her comments and even came up with excuses for her by saying it was down to her age. Being old is no excuse for being homophobic and she need to educate herself.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
It was interesting to see the DR nominations I think we get more realistic reasons from the HM’s. Andrew and Jess both didn’t get any nominations. Will Jess get to the final without having had a single nomination?

At least John got his exit interview and from what he said to Emma it just shows what the edit can do. We didn’t hear the whole of the conversation he had with Shane J and even more importantly the context was all wrong. It’s no wonder I was confused and also couldn’t understand because John of all people has known prejudice in his own life.

Goodbye to Ginuwine and the showmance is over thank goodness. With Genuwine going it might show BB that viewers are bored of showmances. He came over well during his exit interview and it was good to see he had no hard feelings about being nominated. It’s just a pity it wasn't a double and Daniel could have gone too. Although, I must admit Daniel received huge cheers from the eviction crowd.

So it’s letters from home tomorrow (I’ll get my tissues ready) and its a triple eviction on Friday. I'd like to see all the HM’s up for this one.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It was a fast track tonight wasn't it?

It was interesting to see the DR nominations
I wanted to know who nominated Shane J and their reasons.

even more importantly the context was all wrong. It’s no wonder I was confused and also couldn’t understand because John of all people has known prejudice in his own life.

I'm glad they cleared that up.

and its a triple eviction on Friday. I'd like to see all the HM’s up for this one.
I hope Daniel goes and I hope he's out first.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
According to the bookies, Ann is now favourite to win the show. :scream:

I find this incredibly disappointing because of her beliefs and never would I believe the CBB/BB audience would support a homophonic person. It goes against everything I thought BB was about.

Then again, what are we expected to happen with equality when we look at the Brexit result, the Tory government and even worse, having Trump as POTUS?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I find this incredibly disappointing because of her beliefs and never would I believe the CBB/BB audience would support a homophonic person. It goes against everything I thought BB was about.

Then again, what are we expected to happen with equality when we look at the Brexit result, the Tory government and even worse, having Trump as POTUS?
I sometimes feel that the world is going backwards.

I have a feeling that the producers paid Ann a very large fee to appear on the show so they are giving her a favourable edit to get full value for their money.
This wouldn't surprise me.

In the earlier days we could watch BB without any or little interference from the producers. I remember when watching the HL shows hearing entire conversations which had not been edited. It’s a shame that BB is now somewhat manipulated and its more difficult for the viewers to follow what is really happening.

This is when live-feed is missed, which had no editing and viewers could get a truer picture.
Not that I have time to watch live-feed these days :lol:

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I used to really like the live-feed too (except for the birdy noise.)

There were some interesting and lengthy chats I remember from the old Channel 4 shows. They could be very revealing and moving to listen to on live feed, but were then completely edited out of the next night's show. In particular when Anne Diamond was on years ago, I remember her talking about the cot death of her son and how it still haunted her, or that bullying year with Cleo Rocos talking about her love for Kenny Everett and the devastation she felt after he died of Aids. The show could still have the capacity to be great TV if they got a good group of Celebs in and just let them speak about their life experiences... but the producers manipulate too much and go for the showmances and all that cr~*p i'm really not that interested in.

As for Ann, she is a horrible Thatcherite bigot. Her views belong in the 1980s and all that Aids era nastiness. Anyone who makes moral judgments on strangers based on their sexuality is despicable, homophobic and wrong. Someone needs to tell that to her face. Please don't let her win.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I used to really like the live-feed too (except for the birdy noise.)
I'd forgotten all about the birds tweeting, that was so frustrating.

In particular when Anne Diamond was on years ago, I remember her talking about the cot death of her son and how it still haunted her,
Yes, me too and even now I remember some of the words she used when describing how if felt to be without her son. It was incredibly moving.

Cleo Rocos talking about her love for Kenny Everett and the devastation she felt after he died of Aids.
I remember being surprised how devastated Cleo was, I didn't realise they had been so close and I felt so sorry for her loss.

The show could still have the capacity to be great TV if they got a good group of Celebs in and just let them speak about their life experiences... but the producers manipulate too much and go for the showmances and all that cr~*p i'm really not that interested in.
I completely agree with you :clap:

As for Ann, she is a horrible Thatcherite bigot. Her views belong in the 1980s and all that Aids era nastiness. Anyone who makes moral judgments on strangers based on their sexuality is despicable, homophobic and wrong. Someone needs to tell that to her face. Please don't let her win.
I won't be voting for Anne to win.

Are you watching any of this series of CBB @Julia's Gun ? :)

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I really liked Malika at the start of this series and now I don’t know where I am with her.

It didn’t help that Malika was threatening to leave, I always thought she'd eventually do this, but not for the reason that she doesn’t want tinned food or porridge. I’d have liked to have seen how BB resolved this with Malika, did BB threaten to forfeit her fee?
At least Malika admitted she was being selfish to the other HM’s. I’m still backwards and forwards about how I feel about her.

I thought I’d become immune to the sad music and ‘letters from home’, but Amanda’s letter and her subtle reactions to it got to me.

Ann and Amanda do seem to appreciate Jess and its lovely to see the age differences don’t seem to matter. Ann Widdecombe, Alma from Corrie and Jess from Ex on the beach all discussing brexit - what a good conversation it was.

It was interesting and I thought strange that Ashley said she wasn't as upset with Genuwine going as she would have been if Milika or Andrew had gone.

I got the impression that Courtney was not impressed with Andrew at all when, he said how he likes Ashley. It’s very, very unusual for Courtney to be lost for words and the 5 second silence from Courtney when Andrew said he’d like to “smash that” (Ashley) was deafening.
Was she shocked because Andrew had just said he wanted to protect Ashley and then followed it with wanting to smash her or I hope Courtney hasn’t really fallen for Andrew, I know she said that she wasn’t bothered, but I thought her face said different.
I wonder if we saw everything surrounding that conversation? I hope we see some follow up to this.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don’t know where I am with her.
I'm the same. She's been up and down and if Ginuwine leaving has made her determined to stay then I'm glad. Like Shane L, we don't see much of her and I'm hoping as the housemates leave she will take a more central role.

Amanda’s letter and her subtle reactions to it got to me.
I do tire of these letters from home, but you're right with Amanda's letter, it was great and made it worth while.

what a good conversation it was.
That was a great conversation, and I wanted to see Ann say something about Corbyn, but either she's clever enough to just give a mucky look, or they edited it badly.
It’s very, very unusual for Courtney to be lost for words
My first thought was Courtney is hurt by Andrew's words, then I told myself it was probably the terminology that Andrew used. However... The Courtney we all know would have asked Andrew straight out about using that word, so I ended up going with my original thought and Courtney was truly crushed.

Shane has always said that he's just friends with Andrew, but I've felt like he started to have feelings for him and was hiding this from everyone, including maybe himself, but after last night's reaction, I do believe he has grown strong feelings for Andrew. You can act out all you want, but when your heart feels crushed, it's bloody hard to hide the emotions. I felt for Shane because I know he knows nothing would come of it, but he also can't help falling in love....

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember being surprised how devastated Cleo was, I didn't realise they had been so close and I felt so sorry for her loss...

Are you watching any of this series of CBB @Julia's Gun ? :)

Yeah, Cleo was really in love with Kenny and they once got engaged for a few days - even though he was gay! She wrote a very touching book about him called 'Kenny and Me' so I already knew about their backstory.

Regarding this series: I agree with Ome about Shane probably having strong feelings for Andrew. I know just how he feels! I've had a friendship with a bi/straight guy in the past and if you start falling in love with them it gets really tough, especially when you try and deny it to yourself. I'm watching Shane/Courtney and thinking i'd be falling for Andrew as well if I was there. He's very, very cute but also very straight. Poor Shane...