Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

Laurie!

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nice update. I just can't help but laugh at Sue Ellen claiming some sort of moral superiority over Pam....ever. Also, forgetting that it's her precious son who orchestrated the scheme to get Josephine to sue for company shares; not Pam's.

It's obvious that Bobby's head and heart wants Pam but he feels morally obligated to Ann for some reason. They never had a good marriage either. Ann didn't even trust him enough to tell him about Emma's existence and Bobby didn't tell Ann about Lucas's paternity, etc.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for the feedback and sorry for the lack of update yesterday. But the board was down when I tried to post.

@CeeCee72 thank you. I am glad that you love this story. I love your story too! :hat:
Yeah even though Sue Ellen and Pam used to be friends I figured it would make sense for her to side with Ann since they are friends now.

@pd fan thank you for the compliment. :)

@Laurie! You are right. Sue Ellen acts like her son had nothing to do with Pam and Josephine coming after the company. It is amazing how ignorant she can be when it comes to John Ross. It's like her baby can do nothing wrong. Your analysis of Bobby is correct. He wants to be with Pam but he feels obligated to work on his marriage.

Here's tonight's update.

Pamela Rebecca was having lunch with her mother. Seeing how her daughter had barely touched her food Afton got a concerned look on her face, “What’s the matter Pamela?” She asked. “You have barely touched your food today and this restaurant is your favorite.”

“I’m sorry mom but I don’t have any appetite!”

“Well that’s obvious, so what’s wrong?” Afton pried. “Did you and John Ross have a fight or something?”

“No everything’s fine between us,” Pamela said. “Except that I’m scared.”

“Scared of losing him?”

“No scared of losing my baby! I’m pregnant mom!” Pamela revealed before she started to cry in public.

Afton felt a wave of emotions wash over her when she heard the happy news and saw how distressed it made her daughter. She was happy that she was going to become a grandma but she was also worried about her daughter. “Oh honey,” Afton took her daughter’s hand into her own and squeezed it. “Don’t be scared, I think that is wonderful.”

“So do I but I’m still scared,” Pamela admitted. “All I want is a healthy baby.”

“And you will have one,” Afton said, handing her daughter a handkerchief, “So no more tears for those pretty eyes. I promise you that everything is going to be alright.”

“But it wasn’t the last time,” Pamela cried. “Oh mom I don’t think I can stand losing another baby.”

“You won’t lose this one,” Afton said reassuringly. “You wouldn’t have lost the twins either if you hadn’t been in that rig explosion. But that was your father’s fault and he’s gone now so believe me when I say that nobody is going to harm you or your baby.”

“I really hope you’re right mom, since I really want this child,” Pamela said, putting her hand on her stomach. It was too early to feel the baby kick yet. But knowing that there was once again a life growing inside of her was enough to give her that glow that expecting mother’s had. She loved this baby already and she vowed to do whatever she could to protect it and keep it safe until it was born.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great chapter. Glad to see Pamela talking to her mom about her fear. It makes sense she would be worried after her last pregnancy ended in such tragedy.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback @CeeCee72 . :)
Yeah it makes sense for Pamela to be worried considering that she lost the twins. That was such a sad episode. :(

Here's tonight's update.

John Ross had been looking forward to this lunch meeting. Surely enough when he arrived at the Ryland’s mansion Judith was already waiting for him with chilled champagne and fine food covered by a silver lid. If she hadn’t been Emma’s grandmother this setting might have made him think that she was trying to seduce him. But he knew she was not interested in his body, clearly the woman had something else on her mind and she was trying to butter him up so he would agree to her terms, “Hello Judith,” he grinned, as he took off his sun glasses.

“John Ross,” Judith drawled. “I wondered how long it was going to take you to come crawling considering what a little birdie has whispered in my ear.”

“You already know?” He asked, as he sat down.

“That you’re back in with Ewing Global, yeah it’s yesterday’s news,” Judith said.

“But if you know, aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

“What do you think the lobster is for?” Judith asked as she lifted the lid of the food.

“Great I’m starved,” he smiled. “So how was Switzerland?” He asked as they started to eat. “I heard you went there with Emma.”

“I did,” Judith acknowledged. “Oh and Emma is fine, thanks for asking. She’s met a nice young man while skiing. Someone that makes you fade in comparison.”

“I’m glad,” John Ross said, as his jaw clenched a little. She could tell from his reaction that he still cared about her granddaughter and it pleased her. “But I didn’t call this meeting to get the latest about Emma’s love life.”

“I figured as much,” Judith said. “So what do you want from me John Ross?”

“You know what I want,” John Ross countered, spelling it out to her, “The permits to bring our Arctic oil into Texas.”

“Right and what will you offer me in return?”

“My silence,” John Ross said, handing Judith an envelope. She gave him a questioning look prompting him to explain. “See in this envelope I’ve got an old video recording of Harris from before his time with the CIA. It shows your son making a deal with a terrorist by the name of BD Calhoun. It proves that it was your son that caused the accident that almost cost my aunt Pam her life.”

Judith's face hardened, as she had not expected this. “I thought the CIA buried those records,” Judith muttered.

“They did but there’s always a way for someone like me to get a copy,” John Ross said. “I also know that your son screwed up. He was paid to kill my uncle Bobby in that accident because that would have hurt my father but since Pam was driving Bobby’s car that day he almost killed her instead.”

“You’ll never be able to prove that.”

“Won’t I?” John Ross said in a challenging tone of voice, “Look at the next picture.”

“But that’s Harris,” Judith sighed.

“Yes it’s from a surveillance camera at a gas station. It clearly shows that it was your son who got into the truck that caused the accident, which means that he was driving the truck himself even though he had one of his men take the blame for it when the police questioned you about it.”

“Nice try John Ross but like I told your uncle Bobby the other day, the police won’t reopen a case that cold,” Judith said.

“Oh I know the police won’t care. But I’m sure the public will. After all people just love some dirty laundry. It was what caused my mama to lose the governor election, remember?” John Ross gave Judith a look. “So I am sure that once this hits the newspapers it will cause quite the scandal that will definitely cost you your job as railroad commissioner.”

“You son of a bitch!” Judith cursed.

“Well thank you,” John Ross smiled smugly. “So shall I tell her that the problem with the permits has been cleared up?”

“Yeah you’ll get your permits,” Judith muttered in an annoyed tone of voice, before pointing her finger at him. “But I’m warning you John Ross. If you ever try to blackmail me again I will make your life miserable and you can consider that a warning.”

“Oh don’t worry, I have no intention of crossing you again Judith, at least not this year,” John Ross smiled his shit eating grin. “So how about a toast to my victory?”

“I hope you choke on the champagne,” Judith said as they both sipped from their glasses.

“Now Judith don’t be such a sore loser,” John Ross said. “You did get something out of it too.”

“I did?”

“Yeah you got to keep your job,” John Ross smiled his shit eating grin again. He knew that their victory over Judith Ryland might be short lived and that the war between the Ewings and Rylands was far from over, but right now it still felt mighty good to have won this battle.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
John Ross is so much like JR there. If I was Judith, I'd be careful. Great to have BD Calhoun's name come up. Nice blast from the past.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback @CeeCee72 . I agree that John Ross is a lot like his father. :)
Yeah I tried to think of a plausible explaination for the accident and since it was the season when BD Calhoun was after them I wouldn't put it past him to pay someone to have Bobby killed. So it all sort of made sense to me.

Okay so in tonight's update Sue Ellen stops by to see Pam...

Pam was surprised to see Sue Ellen Ewing on her doorsteps. But she was also happy to see her since the two women used to be close back in the days. In fact when they were sisters in laws Sue Ellen had been her ally and the only one who truly understood how difficult it could be to be married into the Ewing family. So seeing her Pam looked forward to some quality time catching up with an old friend. But unfortunately for Pam, Sue Ellen came there with an agenda of her own.

“Sue Ellen!” Pam exclaimed happily, “It’s wonderful to see you,” she smiled before she leant forward to give her old friend a hug.

“Pam,” Sue Ellen said, holding up her hand in defense, showing clearly that she didn’t want a hug from Pam. “I’m sorry but this is not a social call.”

“Oh,” Pam looked disappointed. “Then why are you here?”

“To see if I can talk some sense into you,” Sue Ellen replied. “Do you have a minute?”

“I guess,” Pam shrugged her shoulders, before she stepped aside to let Sue Ellen in through the door. “So can I get you something?”

“You know I don’t drink,” Sue Ellen said harshly.

“I meant coffee or tea?”

“Tea then,” Sue Ellen said and they walked into the kitchen, where Sue Ellen sat down at the counter while Pam put on some tea water.

There was some awkward tension between them and wanting to break it Pam asked, “So how have you been?”

“Fine,” Sue Ellen said, without offering much more of an explanation.

“I’ve been fine too,” Pam said, trying to make conversation. “I’ve lived in Abu Dhabi and...”

“Cut the crap Pam. I’m not here for an update about your life. I know.”

Pam looked offended at Sue Ellen, “Excuse me?”

“I know about you and Bobby,” Sue Ellen elaborated. “How could you Pam?” Sue Ellen said accusingly. “He’s married and...”

“I know that but I thought you if anyone would understand. I mean you’ve had affairs. Hell you didn’t even know if my brother or JR was John Ross’s father. So I really don’t think you are in any position to throw stones in glass houses!”

Sue Ellen flinched since Pam had hit a nerve, “You are right, I’ve had affairs,” she admitted before she tried to make amends, “But it never would have happened if JR hadn’t constantly cheated on me. Do you know what it feels like to be married to someone who’s a compulsive cheater?” Sue Ellen asked. “Because I do and I hate for Bobby to repeat his brother’s mistakes.”

“Look Sue Ellen I know that you’ve been hurt when JR constantly cheated on you. But you can’t possibly compare what Bobby and I have to your marriage with JR....”

“This has nothing to do with JR,” Sue Ellen said to Pam’s surprise. “It’s about Ann. She’s my friend Pam and I don’t want to see her get hurt.”

“I see,” Pam looked down. “But we used to be friends too Sue Ellen...”

“The operate word being used to,” Sue Ellen pointed out. “We are not friends anymore Pamela and sometimes I wonder if we ever were. Ann on the other hand is my friend and she’s so torn up about this whole thing that she’s staying at my house...”

Pam could feel her heart starting to beat faster when she realized something, “Bobby’s told her about us?”

“Yes,” Sue Ellen nodded. “So I am begging you to give him up now before more people gets hurt.”

She could see the pleading look in Sue Ellen’s eyes and having seen firsthand how much JR’s cheating had hurt Sue Ellen she understood where she was coming from and a part of her knew that backing off would have been the noble thing to do. She was after all not the kind of woman who got involved with married men. But there were married men and then there was Bobby, who used to be her husband. She never would have divorced him in the first place if she hadn’t been kidnapped. So given the circumstances she really thought she deserved a second chance with him.“I’m sorry Sue Ellen but I can’t do that. You see I love Bobby and he loves me.”

“I know he used to love you, but that was a long time ago,” Sue Ellen said. “People change Pam and they move on.”

“Yes but he still loves me, he even told me that,” Pam pointed out.

“Oh did he now?”

“Yes and don’t you see that he’s told Ann about us just means that he wants to be with me?” Pam reasoned and Sue Ellen sighed heavily when she realized that there was nothing she could say to change Pam’s mind.

“So you won’t back off?”

“No,” Pam said firmly.

“Then you’re not the same woman that I once knew,” Sue Ellen said. “But just so you know I am on Ann’s side in this.”

“I see,” Pam nodded. “I guess that means we’re on opposite sides.”

“Yeah it does, so I won’t be needing that tea after all,” Sue Ellen said pushing her cup away, before she got up and walked towards the door since she saw no point in continuing this conversation. Pam was not going to give up Bobby no matter what Sue Ellen told her since Pam was just too selfish to listen to reason. Pam looked after Sue Ellen and was sad to see her go. But maybe she had been a fool to think that they could just pick up where they’d left off. After all Afton had tried to warn her that Sue Ellen was a total bitch these days. But Pam hadn’t wanted to believe her since she missed her friendship with Sue Ellen.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I do enjoy reading your comments! :)

@superman fan I see you liked how Sue Ellen stood up for her friend in the last update. :)

@CeeCee72 thank you. :)

Okay so on to tonight's update.

Bobby had been out working the ranch and when he returned to Southfork to take a shower he was pleasantly surprised to find his wife’s car in the driveway. It had been almost two weeks since she’d moved out and now he was eager to see her. So he’d hurried into the house in search of his wife and he’d found her standing in their bedroom, going through one of their closets. “Annie you’re home!”

“Oh hi Bobby,” she’d said nonchalantly. “I wouldn’t get too excited if I were you. I’m just here to pack a few things for Emma’s wedding and then I’m leaving again.”

“Emma’s wedding?” He asked since this was news to him.

“Yeah Emma called and she and Lucas have decided to tie the knot this weekend so...”

“That soon?” He looked surprised. “But they just got engaged last month so don’t you think they’re rushing into this?”

“Yeah but you know Emma. She never listens to anything I ever tell her,” Ann said. “So if I tell her to wait a year to get married she’d get married anyway and I don’t wanna miss out on her wedding.”

“I can understand that.”

“And besides they have a valid reason to get married this soon,” Ann sighed. “Apparently Lucas sister Katie is leaving for Africa next week so they want to have the wedding before she goes so that she can attend it.”

“Katie’s going to Africa?”

“Yeah,” Ann confirmed. “She’s just graduated from college and her boyfriend is going there to do research so she’s going with him.”

“Wow! I never realized that Ray’s daughter had gotten so big. I haven’t seen her since mama’s funeral and she was about ten then.”

“Right I almost forgot that she’s your niece,” Ann said, before she took out her suitcase from the closet. “Anyway I’m going to Switzerland to attend the wedding.”

“Then let me come with you!”

His words caught her by surprise, as she hadn’t expected him to make that request. “You wanna come with me to my daughter’s wedding?”

“Yes,” Bobby said sincerely.

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea,” Ann hesitated. “Harris is gonna be there.”

“All the more reason for me to go,” Bobby insisted and Ann crossed her arms.

“You’re jealous of me and Harris?”

“Yeah,” Bobby admitted.

“Well after everything that’s happened with Pam you really have no right to be,” Ann argued.

“I know that and I’m really sorry,” Bobby said hanging his head down low in shame. “I never meant to hurt you,” he apologized, as he walked over to his wife. “Please Annie, let me come with you to the wedding?” He pleaded with her and seeing her eyes soften a little he went on, “It would give us a chance to try to work things out. Nothing gets better by you being there by yourself and me being back here. Heck if you hadn’t rushed off to Switzerland in the first place I’m not even sure I would have slept with Pam.”

“Now you’re blaming me for your infidelity?”

“No,” Bobby shook his head. “I just meant that distance is not doing our relationship any good right now. We need to figure out if our marriage can be saved and what better place to start than by attending your daughter’s wedding together?”

Ann let her hands drop to her sides, as she could feel herself softening. There was after all some sense to what he was saying. But she was still a bit suspicious of his reasons for wanting to go, “Are you sure you’re not just saying this because you wanna go see Ray?”

“Absolutely, Ray has nothing to do with my decision,” Bobby said honestly.

“Alright then,” Ann caved in. “I guess you can come with me to Emma’s wedding.”

“Thank you Annie,” Bobby smiled, before he took Ann into his arms giving her a hug and then he kissed her. “You won’t regret it!” He smiled and seeing how happy this made him Ann made the mistake of thinking that maybe her marriage could be salvaged after all. Of course she had no idea of the real reason why he was so eager to attend her daughter’s wedding. Because he had wisely not told her that this had nothing to do with Emma or Ann. No the real reason why he really wanted to attend the wedding was because it was his only chance to attend Lucas wedding and he really wanted to see the son he’d given up get married to the woman he loved.

Laurie!

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really hope that Pam isn't just sitting around waiting for that loser to choose her. Especially since it's been weeks without communication now. Shaking my head...

Also, typical Sue Ellen...blaming JR for all of her flaws; even when he's dead.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin! :)I love your story so much! :)I feel so bad for Pam because her former friend Sue Ellen is on Ann’s side. :(I hope Sue Ellen and Pam can repair their friendship soon.:) Bobby really needs to make a real choice soon between Ann and Pam because it isn’t fair that he is stringing Ann a long and making her think that he wants to make their marriage work even though he would rather be with his ex wife Pam. :(;)

Pammy P

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Clever writing I guess Anne thinks Bobby wants to save their marriage by going to Switzerland but really wants a swing at Harris over his beloved Pam's accident! His heart belongs to Pam! Great writing. Better than CC crap!

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really think Bobby is acting like JR here... Using other people and circumstances to get what he wants, regardless of the emotional damage it might inflict.

Starting to feel sorry for Ann and Pam both now.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for your feedback and ratings. It's much appreciated as always. :)
Sorry about the lack of update yesterday but the board was down when I tried to post. :(

@Laurie! You are spot on about Sue Ellen. She is blaming JR for turning her into a cheater!
Also Pam is not gonna sit around and wait for Bobby to just show up.

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing I am glad that you love my story. You are right Bobby is not being fair to either one of the women right now. So he needs to make up his mind once and for all. Also considering that Pam and Sue Ellen haven't had any contact for 25 + years it makes sense that she sides with Ann.

@Pammy P Thank you for the compliment on my writing. It's nice to hear that you like this more than what we saw on Dallas TNT. I guess it just goes to show that Dallas TNT could have become successful if the writing for the show had been better and if they had brought back an old fan favorite character! ;)
Also you are right, the confrontation between Bobby and Harris about Pam's accident is coming...

@CeeCee72 you are right. Bobby is acting like JR. Then again the Bobby we met on Dallas TNT did act more like JR than the Bobby we knew from the original show too. I mean he left Cliff to rotten in that Mexican prison. So I think it is in character with the Bobby we saw on Dallas TNT.

Okay so in tonight's update Pam returns to Southfork...

Pam couldn’t stop thinking about Bobby. Sue Ellen’s visit the other day had made her realize that Bobby and Ann’s marriage was not as solid as she had thought and that meant that she still had a chance. So after giving it a lot of thought she had decided to go out to Southfork to see Bobby. She hadn’t been out to the ranch since she returned so as she parked her car in the driveway and started walking up to the house it felt rather strange to be here. It was the same place but time had left its mark on it so it didn’t look exactly the same as it had done when she’d left it. The bushes around the pool had grown really high, the flower gardens had been rearranged and the fence had been repainted in white. But except for that the house was still instantly recognizable. Being back at Southfork brought it all back. She remembered the first time Bobby had brought her home to the ranch to meet his family, how she’d told Bobby that she was pregnant, when he’d brought Christopher home, when they’d played in the pool and he’d flipped her inflatable lilo around so she’d gotten all wet, how he’d taught her how to ride, how they’d waited for news when Jock’s helicopter had gone down and when she’d left him after her mother died. She remembered family dinners, barbeques and rodeos. All the good times and the hardships of their marriage all came back to her. It was overwhelming and brought tears to her eyes. She walked up to the house and pulled at the kitchen door. But unlike in the old days it was locked. So she had to walk around to the front door and use the doorbell. Then she stood back and waited for him to open the door. But it was not Bobby who opened the door but Pamela Rebecca.

“Hi Pamela,” Pam smiled at her niece.

“Hi aunt Pam,” Pamela returned her smile and gave her a hug before she asked her to come into the house. “Are you here to see Christopher?”

“No I came to see Bobby,” Pam said, as she stepped into the hallway and then she frowned, since the inside of the house looked nothing like she remembered it. The whole floor plan seemed to have changed and not for the better, as walls had been knocked out and open areas had been created. She didn’t like the change but she didn’t get a chance to comment on it before her niece informed her.

“Oh you just missed him,” Pamela said.

“Okay so he’s out working the ranch or something?” Pam asked, just as John Ross came walking down the stairs.

“Hi aunt Pam,” John Ross smiled, as he walked up to his aunt and gave her a hug. “So what brings you to Southfork?”

“She’s here to see Bobby,” Pamela said.

“But uncle Bobby left this morning,” John Ross said.

“He and Ann went to Switzerland to attend Emma’s wedding,” Pamela said and John Ross grimaced when he heard that.

“He and Ann?” Pam asked, looking crushed. “But I thought they had separated.”

“No Ann came home yesterday,” John Ross said. “I think they’re trying to patch up their marriage.”

Pam felt an ache in her heart when she heard that, since this meant that she had lost Bobby after all. But not wanting to cry in front of her niece she held her head up high, “I see.”

“Still John Ross and I was just about to have dinner, so why don’t you join us?” Pamela offered.

“Thanks but I promised Josephine I’d be home for dinner,” Pam lied.

“So another time then?” Pamela asked.

“Yeah sure,” Pam said. “Now if you’ll excuse me I’d better get going.”

“But you just got here,” Pamela said.

“I’m sorry but I really must go,” Pam insisted.

“Tell Josephine that I’ll call her later,” John Ross said. “I have a business endeavor I want to discuss with her.”

“Okay, bye,” Pam managed to get out before she rushed out the door. She managed to make it all the way to her car before the tears came. Here she was back at Southfork, which reminded her of the life she’d left behind. But she could never have it back. Southfork was Bobby’s home but it could never be hers again since he’d chosen Ann over her and it hurt like hell.

To Be Continued...

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the ratings and feedback. :)

Okay so only two more chapters to go of this story now. The next chapter is the wedding chapter with a lot of familiar faces. So I hope you will enjoy it. :)

Chapter nineteen

St. John’s Angelican Church in Territet-Montreux was a light brown stone church from the 1800s. It had red marble walls surrounding the altar and the walls above it were painted in red and white colors. Four painted glass windows showed motifs from the bible. It was your average Swiss church, located in a small town on the shores of Lake Geneva. It might not be the most lavish church to get married in but since it was one of the few English speaking churches in Switzerland it suited Emma and Lucas just fine.

Lucas was standing at the altar, waiting for his bride. He was shifting his weight back and forwards, as he was nervous. He was dressed in his best black tuxedo with a bowtie and a white shirt. His hair was greased up with hair gel and his blue eyes were curiously taking in the guests that were sitting in the church benches waiting for the ceremony to begin. The wedding had turned out to be quite the family reunion, even though some of the guests on his side of the family were sitting on the bride’s side in church. The most glaring example was his natural father. Lucas had mixed emotions about Bobby being at his wedding, as the men had never had much of a relationship, but considering that he was married to Emma’s mother it had been unavoidable. His aunt Sue Ellen was also seated on the bride’s side in church, as she and Ann were best friends. Emma’s mother Ann and grandmother Judith were also seated on that side of the church, along with a bunch of other guests he had no idea of who they were. On his side of the church were his parents, Jenna and Ray and his sisters. Charlie was sitting together with Randy, Katie with William and Maggie was seated with her mother Donna. Then there was Lucy, she was the only one of his cousins’ who had bothered to show up for the wedding. She was there together with her husband Mitch and their kids Bradley and Ellie. He wasn’t surprised to see her there as she had always been close to his father. He hadn’t expected his uncle Gary and aunt Valene to make it to the wedding though. But to everyone’s surprise they had made it and were also seated next to Lucy’s family. Lucas then shifted his attention to the aisle where his niece Melanie, who was a bridesmaid and nephew Pascal, who was an usher, walked up. They were followed by Emma’s maid of honor, Megan. Then once they’d made it down the aisle the bride finally appeared, walking next to her father Harris, who was going to give away the bride.

Emma was wearing a strapless wedding dress that hugged her curves. The bottom of the dress was wider and the dress had some laces, embroidery and white pearls. It was the kind of dress that was both sexy and elegant at the same time. Her blonde hair was put up on her head with a flower arrangements of pink roses. Her radiant smile lit up her face. Watching her walk up to him Lucas almost had to pinch himself, as it seemed too good to be true. Ann got teary eyed when she watched Harris give away their daughter. He looked so proud and Emma had never looked more beautiful than she did today. Harris then sat down next to Judith. She knew he had wanted to sit next to her on this special day. But considering that she was there with Bobby it was hardly appropriate so he kept his distance.

The ceremony began and the priest turned to the congregation, “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and in the face of this company to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. In to this holy state these two persons come now to be joined. If there be any man who could show just cause why these two may not be lawfully joined together let him now speak or forever hold his peace,” the priest made a pause as he looked out over the congregation. But luckily nobody said a thing. The priest then turned to Lucas, “Will you Lucas Krebbs, have this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy marriage?” The Priest asked. “Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will,” Lucas replied.

The priest then turned to Emma, “Will you Emma Ryland take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy marriage?” The priest asked. “Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, be faithful to him, as long as you both shall live?”

“I will,” Emma replied.

“May we have the rings?” The priest asked and Pascal picked up the rings and handed them to the priest who blessed them.

Watching his son getting married Bobby had mixed emotions. He was happy and sad all at once and most of all he felt guilty. Glancing at Jenna a part of him couldn’t help but think about how different his life could have been if he had married her instead of Pam all those years ago when Jenna had been pregnant. If he had done the honorable thing he would have raised Lucas and maybe he and Jenna could have had more children. He would also have been Charlie’s father and Jenna would have become Christopher’s mother. He could have had a big family. It would have been the kind of life he’d always had wanted. Except for one thing, it wouldn’t have had Pam in it. Thinking about Pam now his heart ached and a part of him knew that he didn’t regret the choice he’d made. He would have done it all again, even if he did regret not looking for Pam when she had been kidnapped.

Lucas smiled at Emma, as he picked up the ring and placed it on her fingers as he made his marriage vows, “I Lucas Krebbs, take you, Emma Ryland, to be my wife and these things I promise you. I will be faithful to you and honest with you, I will respect, trust, help and care for you. I will share my life with you. I will forgive you as we have been forgiven, and I will try with you better to understand ourselves, the world and God, through the best and worst of what is to come, as long as we both shall live.”

Emma smiled at Lucas, as she picked up the ring and placed it on his finger. Then her vows echoed his, “I Emma Ryland, take you, Lucas Krebbs, to be my husband and these things I promise you. I will be faithful to you and honest with you, I will respect, trust, help and care for you. I will share my life with you. I will forgive you as we have been forgiven, and I will try with you better to understand ourselves, the world and God, through the best and worst of what is to come, as long as we both shall live.”

Then once they had given their promise to each other the priest ended the ceremony with the words, “You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined together, men must not divide. Amen.” The priest smiled before he added. “You may kiss the bride.”

Emma and Lucas smiled at each other before they leant forward and gave each other a wedding kiss that was so steamy that it raised a few eyebrow. But Lucy and Mitch just exchanged a look and smiled at each other since they knew that their wedding kiss had made the same impression three decades ago. Then Lucas and Emma walked out of the church together, hand in hand and as they walked towards the future they were both eager to start their life together as husband and wife.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All caught up!

Nice wedding! Glad to see Lucy, Val, and Gary make appearances. Wondering how Bobby and Lucas will interact.

Great updates!

K

Karin Schill

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's appreciated as always. :)

@superman fan I am glad you liked the wedding. :)

@CeeCee72 thank you. I need to get into your new story too. I haven't had the time to read it yet.
The wedding party is far from over so there will be several scenes where people will interact with each other. Unfortunately Lucas and Bobby doesn't have much interaction though. So maybe I missed something there...

Anyway before it's on to the wedding party here's a scene from back home.

Meanwhile at Southfork were Pamela Rebecca, John Ross, Josephine, Christopher and Elena gathered around the breakfast table out on the patio. A pram was standing nearby where baby Drew was fast asleep. “This was a nice idea,” Josephine smiled. “I like having pancakes with my brothers.” Hearing Pamela Rebecca hark she hurried to add, “and my cousin.”

“Thank you,” Pamela said.

John Ross then took a look at his watch saying, “So I guess Emma must be getting married just about now.”

“Are you sad that you weren’t invited?” Josephine asked.

“Nah,” John Ross shrugged his shoulders. “A trip to Switzerland could have been nice but given my history with Emma it would have been weird for me to be there.”

“You see we were invited,” Pamela Rebecca corrected Josephine. “We just chose not to go.”

“What about you Chris?” John Ross asked. “How come you’re not at your brother’s wedding?”

“Lucas is not my brother,” Christopher insisted. “We didn’t grow up together and he won’t even acknowledge Bobby as his father.”

“But he’s still our cousin, right?” Josephine asked.

“That he is, but I didn’t feel like going to his wedding,” Christopher said. “I mean Elena’s just had Drew so she’s too tired to travel and I don’t wanna go without her.”

“Yeah and besides we didn’t exactly have a good time the last time we went to Switzerland,” Elena sighed.

“Yeah when we went to look for my mother,” Christopher sighed. “But all we found was that imposter who filled my head full of lies and Elena and I broke up.”

“I can see why you don’t wanna go back there,” Josephine said compassionately.

“Yeah one trip to Switzerland was one too many,” Elena said, when the baby started to cry and she got up to tend to him. Elena then picked up her baby and started rocking him until he stopped crying.

Josephine frowned, as she turned to John Ross. “But if you chose not to go to Lucas wedding because you’ve had an affair with the bride, then how come you went to Elena’s and Chris given your history?”

“You mean that I used to be married to Chris and Elena was engaged to John Ross?” Pamela said.

“Exactly,” Josephine said. “I mean that if anything ought to have been awkward.”

“Well given Chris and my history I just had to come to his wedding,” John Ross smiled at his cousin. “See Chris here has always been more like a brother than a cousin to me and besides since he was best man at my wedding it would have been rude not to return the favor.”

“I see,” Josephine nodded, as it hadn’t occurred to her before that her two brothers were that close to each other. “So I guess this means that we’re just one big happy family.”

“Yup,” John Ross nodded, “and speaking of which, I wonder how much tension there’s at Lucas wedding considering that most of the guest list are made up of people who used to be married or engaged to each other.”

“You know from the way you described it, I really don’t see why you chose to miss the wedding, I mean given your history with the bride I am sure you would have fit in just fine,” Josephine smiled at her brother, who made a face when he heard that. He was well aware of how complicated his family was so he was sure that the wedding was an awkward affair and yet a part of him couldn’t help but wishing that he could have been there.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good update. Interesting to see the kids talk about all the entanglements in their family and realize they are repeating some of the same patterns.