How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I think around the holidays I get reflective about a lot of things I don’t have and I forget for a minute about all the things I do have. Luckily I’m always reminded.
I completely get this. I think holidays, birthdays etc are natural times for reflection, we all have a lot of memories :)

Growing up we did a lot of that. My grandmother and her sisters would make so many different kinds of cakes and pies at Christmas.
It was the same for us. My Mum and my Grandma did a lot of home baking and preparation for the food we ate over Christmas. My Grandma would make her own traditional Christmas pudding which contained coins ..... I'm just glad none of us choked on them :lol:

Sis-in-law handles most of that as she’s a terrific baker. But she’s very strict and yells at DFF for “illegal sampling” before dinner. DFF quite often has a few bruises by the time dinner is served every year.
This sounds great fun :Clol:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Oh I love grapes!! I can eat those all day. What’s ur favorite, red or green?
I'm currently addicted to red grapes, they're so yummy. One of my friends mixes red grapes with tuna and puts it on a sandwich, I've not tried this yet.

You’d be surprised how much food we were delivering in the summer of 2020. We still are but nothing like back then. I was literally going to the same houses a few times a week bringing them pretty much their weekly groceries. The stores were empty.
I don't know how people would've coped without deliveries from you and your colleagues :gotcha:

It was mostly a lot of older people that were afraid to go out. It was quite sad but that was the reality of it.
You do a great job DFF. I would think those elderly people must've been so relieved to see you, how isolated they must've felt.

Our goal was 4500 by November 1 so we’ve already surpassed it.
Have we? :D and we were so busy chatting we didn't even notice.

Time to set a new goal. I’m going to throw out there 4625 by December 1 since we’re already at 4515 with a week to go in October. DFF putting the Christmas pressure on all of you!!
I do like it when you get bossy :laughing:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie

Eagle Chat

The owls own the night with their vision and skills in stealth attack. It's their young, eggs that are in danger not the adult birds.
Ooo of course, I hadn't even thought of this. So those cute Owls are baby eagle killers! :eck:

. On the cam they call this one Braveheart.

He is so photogenic! :D what a cheeky face he has .. Lol!

I'm glad Eagle season seems to have started early even though we are months away from egg laying.
I'm thrilled they have the cameras on, even if no one is in the nest its a treat to see the nest in autumn.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
You have that right my friend and my strong left as well.
I've spent an extra hour per day in the TT Gym readying for any challenge you may pose to me.
Have you? :yikey:

so exactly how strong are you now? :shifty:

You asked for it my friend. We'll have this Royal Hotness Rumble. :box:
I've suddenly changed my mind :no: .. Lol!

Why don't we fight it out with a card game?

Last edited:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
BTW here is an image of my Flyleaf.

undefined
Considering all she's been through she looks good, her top leaves are very glossy and healthy looking. Do you know what colour her blooms will be?

She came to me last month (like Tippie) naked in a box from Indiana. She has leaves that were damaged by withering, a true plant in need. This image is a few days after I got her. Now she is sprout a new leaf and she inherited PV's old pot.
Naked? ... poor thing, I bet she was cold. :lol:

In all seriousness I'm pleasantly surprised that Orchids survive such a journey because they're without water or food whilst in transit and of course they must get a bit bashed about too. Flyleaf must be a toughie :box:

LOL, well Michelle ran into that this week, Monday. Orchids are not selling well for $22 so she has had many that have been there since August or earlier. Just as I was leaving she said "wait". She asked it I wanted four more. I knew there were ones in decline in the past few weeks when I have been there. I said yes, of course. I could not seem them being tossed in the bin. I just took these loveys and headed to my local Lowe's (hardware store). I bought a new wire shelf (Plant Tower #2) and returned home and ordered a new plant light. I knew this was to happen as some point.
Four more? Oh my goodness me :giggle: you're going to be busy with all these newbies Michelle.

Thank you for getting me into this with your talk of Orkie years ago.
I'm just thrilled that you have an interest which you enjoy. Its funny where our chats on here take us :)

Here are some of my recent orchids.

left to right. 3 of the 5 from the September haul. Stratus, Singer and Pumpkin. Right are the yet unnamed Orchids from this October haul, this past Monday.
I have two o
They look absolutely beautiful! :bravo1: ..... what stunning blooms and wonderful colours, thank you for letting us have a nosy Michelle, they're all gorgeous and look so happy.

BTW, the images were taken on the new Plant Tower #2 which is not finished.
Do you think you will eventually need a Plant Tower #3? :hide:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I completely get this. I think holidays, birthdays etc are natural times for reflection, we all have a lot of memories :)
Perhaps too many memories sometimes. Usually by the time thanksgiving gets here I’m already quite reflective and I get a little sad. But then work gets so busy after that and I get too busy to feel sad anymore. By Christmas Day I’m so exhausted that I forget I was supposed to be down all December.

My Grandma would make her own traditional Christmas pudding which contained coins ..... I'm just glad none of us choked on them :lol:
This made me laugh! I do love pudding so much though that I don’t think a few coins would even bother me.

I'm currently addicted to red grapes, they're so yummy. One of my friends mixes red grapes with tuna and puts it on a sandwich, I've not tried this yet.
I love the red too! I’ve had tuna salad with red grapes in it from this one market I go to. It’s very good! At first I was like grapes with tuna? I wasn’t sure I’d like it but I did.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know how people would've coped without deliveries from you and your colleagues :gotcha:
Thank you Lashes!! The truth is though I don’t know how I would cope without them sometimes. I get attached to my customers. It sounds corny I know, but it’s the truth. And it doesn’t hurt that some of them feed me all day.

You do a great job DFF. I would think those elderly people must've been so relieved to see you, how isolated they must've felt.
I remember spending 5 minutes talking to some of them at times because they felt so lonely. DFF is actually quite shy in person but they didn’t seem to care about that very much.

Have we? :D and we were so busy chatting we didn't even notice.
I totally forgot about the 4500 goal until I looked up and saw we were at 4510 last week. Oops!!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do like it when you get bossy :laughing:
Thank you cause most people don’t LOL

So where are we? I think this is post 4528 but it’s hard to tell with these Halloween colors. No offense to the site but DFF has to lay down soon and rest his eyes.

So we’re 97 posts away from 4625 with 31 days to go. Sounds reasonable!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
We are 223 miles apart @Biggie or a good 4 hour drive ....

Do you ever travel up north in your job?

Oh I see. This brings me to yet another daft question :lol: may I ask where do you find your Podcasts? its just that I'm new to Podcasts and the only site I've found them so far is BBC iPlayer.

I'm ashamed to say I've still not given Charlotte a listen. I promise, the very next song I listen to (which will be when I log out of here) will be one of hers :cool:
Work once took me to Newcastle, I have actually placed my palm on the Angel Of The North, but that was the only time to date I've travelled that far north for work. Otherwise Edinburgh is the most northerly city I've felt the loving embrace of. Both occasions were for pleasure and Edinburgh delivered!

I have an iTunes account and use that to find what is new to me. Every now and then I stumble artists that I have never heard of but I get bewitched by for want of a better phrase.

The rest is probably evident...

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
his made me laugh! I do love pudding so much though that I don’t think a few coins would even bother me.
The thing is, I rarely came across any coins, meanwhile my brothers collected loads from their puddings, not fair :p

The truth is though I don’t know how I would cope without them sometimes. I get attached to my customers. It sounds corny I know, but it’s the truth.
No it doesn't sound corny at all., considering you see the same people often its understandable.

And it doesn’t hurt that some of them feed me all day.
Oh do they? :D ... well that just shows how much they appreciate you and your friendship.

I remember spending 5 minutes talking to some of them at times because they felt so lonely. DFF is actually quite shy in person but they didn’t seem to care about that very much.
This doesn't surprise me to hear this, you might be shy, but you're very thoughtful, especially when I imagine you were busy and could've just rushed off.

I totally forgot about the 4500 goal until I looked up and saw we were at 4510 last week. Oops!!
So did I :lol: ... although, I've been all over the place these past few weeks and haven't been able to be here as often as I like.

So we’re 97 posts away from 4625 with 31 days to go. Sounds reasonable!
Sounds very reasonable to me :gotcha: .... and with you keeping us on track my friend, we can't possibly fail.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Work once took me to Newcastle, I have actually placed my palm on the Angel Of The North, but that was the only time to date I've travelled that far north for work. Otherwise Edinburgh is the most northerly city I've felt the loving embrace of. Both occasions were for pleasure and Edinburgh delivered!
I love Edinburgh its a gorgeous and lively city, but like all cities its expensive.

I have an iTunes account and use that to find what is new to me. Every now and then I stumble artists that I have never heard of but I get bewitched by for want of a better phrase.
Music does that to me too ... 'bewitches' me I mean.

I sometimes think I'll just have a listen to a certain track and then a couple of hours later I've got distracted by other music, new artists etc., I can waste hours listening to music, but then its not a waste really if I'm enjoying myself.

I finally listened to Charlotte De Witt, a track called 'Sgadi Li Mi' and really enjoyed her sound, the song is very unusual and felt spiritual to me. I'll catch up on some more of her tracks.

You'll be glad to know I don't have any daft questions for you today :D

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The thing is, I rarely came across any coins, meanwhile my brothers collected loads from their puddings, not fair :p
LOL!!

Oh do they? :D ... well that just shows how much they appreciate you and your friendship.
Maybe I wish they’d appreciate me a little less sometimes as it’s this time of year DFF tends to gain some weight at work. But that’s okay.

This doesn't surprise me to hear this, you might be shy, but you're very thoughtful, especially when I imagine you were busy and could've just rushed off.
Thank you! Everything is always go go go with that job but I can’t be like that with people. I try to stop and talk to them if they want. We can’t always be running in life.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've been all over the place these past few weeks and haven't been able to be here as often as I like.
And we have missed you!! But life has a way of pulling us in several different directions at once, doesn’t it? At least that’s how I’ve felt lately. There’s never enough time for everything.

Sounds very reasonable to me :gotcha: .... and with you keeping us on track my friend, we can't possibly fail.
Thank you Lashes!! I promise you we won’t fail. But I can’t promise you that I can read what post we’re currently up to with this Halloween-themed board. It looks like it says 4533 so we’re only 92 away.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
@Spooky Lashes I agree, Edinburgh is a beautiful city. I first visited with Kate, her sister Zoe and our pal Thomas. We flew there and in the taxi from the airport I happened to look out the window and was rewarded by seeing the Firth Of Forth bridge.
1635707027719.png

I have a photo of me in front of Britannia, she was not long retired from serving as HRH QE. Greyfriars Bobby and a tour of the subterranean city. A thoroughly wonderful 4 day weekend away.

The second time I was to be lured to Edinburgh, I decided to drive. I hired a fly ride and left here at 10am and arrived at mad Helen's massive house in Dalkeith at 18:15. Very long journey with the most part being on the M6. That was an interesting 4 days. Helen's super mad. But I digress.

I can while away sun down to sun up bouncing around my collection or exploring the new. I started this at 18:35 it now 19:26 but keep kinda skipping back to my iTunes account. FYI now playing Django by Jam Thieves, two brothers from Brazil, and by brothers, I mean siblings not brothers ...

I cannot remember where I was going with this, but if anyone knows, be a chum and remind me. But until then...how do take your rhymes? If Dystopian tales of living in the projects, crack slingers, pulling heat and getting higher than airplanes late night candle light, fiend with crack pipe...work for you, I highly recommend Mobb Deep.

I've known the name since Tim Westwood, but only recently delved into their catalogue, and I have to say, they have mastered their craft, they're excellent wordsmiths. Expect strong offensive language but that doesn't mean the narrative is lessened and on that note at 20:21. I'll exit stage left.

Remembered my point, check out Liquide Slow by C deW.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Maybe I wish they’d appreciate me a little less sometimes as it’s this time of year DFF tends to gain some weight at work. But that’s okay.
I wouldn't worry about that its winter and it will help keep you warm ... oh wait .. its not cold where you are is it? :D .. in that case still don't worry about the extra few pounds you will soon work it off.

Everything is always go go go with that job but I can’t be like that with people. I try to stop and talk to them if they want. We can’t always be running in life.
I can imagine you doing this. Are you one of those people who complete strangers strike up a conversation with? Mr L is, we can be in a queue somewhere or walking the dog etc and suddenly he's chatting away to someone, when I ask who it was he was chatting to he nearly always says .. " I have no idea" ... :lol:

And we have missed you!! But life has a way of pulling us in several different directions at once, doesn’t it? At least that’s how I’ve felt lately. There’s never enough time for everything.
Thanks my friend. I have been extra busy with other things and someone needing my help, but I'm hoping all that's calming down soon.... fingers crossed!

Have you made any plans yet for this years Thanksgiving DFF?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
@Spooky Lashes I agree, Edinburgh is a beautiful city. I first visited with Kate, her sister Zoe and our pal Thomas. We flew there and in the taxi from the airport I happened to look out the window and was rewarded by seeing the Firth Of Forth bridge.
1635707027719.png
Wow! what a perfect introduction to Edinburgh.

wher eyou able to go on board and have a nosy?I have a photo of me in front of Britannia, she was not long retired from serving as HRH QE. Greyfriars Bobby and a tour of the subterranean city. A thoroughly wonderful 4 day weekend away.
Oh lucky you, I would've loved to have seen Britannia .. just to see how the other half live :lol: where you able to go on board and have a nosy?

The second time I was to be lured to Edinburgh, I decided to drive. I hired a fly ride and left here at 10am and arrived at mad Helen's massive house in Dalkeith at 18:15. Very long journey with the most part being on the M6. That was an interesting 4 days. Helen's super mad. But I digress.
That was a long journey, you could've been on a deck chair in Greece or Italy in the time it took you to get to Scotland ..Lol! Although, I sympathise with you using the busy M6... the amount of times I've driven up and down that motorway and it never gets any quieter.

I quite like the sound of mad Helen :giggle: I bet she's great company.

FYI now playing Django by Jam Thieves, two brothers from Brazil, and by brothers, I mean siblings not brothers ...
Jam Thieves are another new band to me,, I will look them up.

Remembered my point, check out Liquide Slow by C deW.
Will do and thanks for the recommendation, I'll get back to you on this.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
its not cold where you are is it? :D
No, I’m still sweating. I keep hearing it’s going down in temperature but we’re still in the 80s. Usually November we will start seeing the 60s but I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

Are you one of those people who complete strangers strike up a conversation with?
I’m quite shy but people often seek me out for some reason. Everybody walks up to me and starts telling me their life story but it’s okay because it’s good for me. It gets me out of my shell.

Mr L is, we can be in a queue somewhere or walking the dog etc and suddenly he's chatting away to someone, when I ask who it was he was chatting to he nearly always says .. " I have no idea" ... :lol:
I used to hide from people I knew when I would see them in the store and I don’t even know why. I think my job has actually helped a lot in that department. It forced me to be more outgoing, which is good.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks my friend. I have been extra busy with other things and someone needing my help, but I'm hoping all that's calming down soon.... fingers crossed!
And my fingers are crossed for you!!

Have you made any plans yet for this years Thanksgiving DFF?
The whole family usually goes over my aunt and uncles house. There will probably be about 20 people there. Last year we didn’t get together so we’re hoping to get back to normal this year. Whatever normal is now.

Let’s see, I can picture it now. My niece yelling at me for helping her make her plate but I gave her all the wrong stuff and not what she asked for, even though she asks for my help every year. My nephew telling me I know nothing about sports cause I’m always wrong, My sister in law stopping dinner right in the middle and asking me in front of everyone why her packages are always late. My Aunt trying to fix me up with someone I don’t even know. But you know what? Hey, that’s family. You gotta take the good with the bad. No family is perfect.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
No, I’m still sweating. I keep hearing it’s going down in temperature but we’re still in the 80s. Usually November we will start seeing the 60s but I’m not getting my hopes up yet.
And we had our first frost of autumn this morning,, only a slight one but I'm sure things will get a lot worse.

I’m quite shy but people often seek me out for some reason. Everybody walks up to me and starts telling me their life story but it’s okay because it’s good for me.
I think its because you must look approachable and friendly, perhaps? this doesn't happen very often to me, so maybe I don't look approachable :lol: but when it does I always try and remember that I might be the only person that they've spoken to all day.

I do always smile and nod or say "good morning" to other dog-walkers when I'm out walking Barney, its a shock if someone doesn't respond back because most people do.

I think my job has actually helped a lot in that department. It forced me to be more outgoing, which is good.
I think many people are a bit different at work, do you? its like we all put on our work-hat and become a more professional version of ourselves ... or am I talking rubbish? :loon:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
And my fingers are crossed for you!!
Thank you my friend :) and I keep meaning to say that I hope your Father has recovered and is feeling better.

The whole family usually goes over my aunt and uncles house. There will probably be about 20 people there. Last year we didn’t get together so we’re hoping to get back to normal this year. Whatever normal is now.
This sounds wonderful and similar to our Christmas's. Last year was a complete weird experience for everything, at least it kind of makes us all appreciate 'normality' when it happens.

Let’s see, I can picture it now. My niece yelling at me for helping her make her plate but I gave her all the wrong stuff and not what she asked for, even though she asks for my help every year. My nephew telling me I know nothing about sports cause I’m always wrong,
Lol!... :D

My sister in law stopping dinner right in the middle and asking me in front of everyone why her packages are always late.
Oh no :laughing:

My Aunt trying to fix me up with someone I don’t even know.
Ooo I hate it when people try to do this. One of my friends sadly divorced recently and her sister is obsessed in trying to get her a new man, when all she wants to do is enjoy being single for a change.

But you know what? Hey, that’s family. You gotta take the good with the bad. No family is perfect.
Exactly. I feel the same :gotcha: ... in fact, it makes family get-togethers all the more interesting.