• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Random things you hate

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs

An actual place. Really.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
A classic phrase here is - ‘He’s away to suck diesel in Muff’ ie gone to pillage some illegal fuel.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Why can’t people follow the one way signs in Tescos??? Why???

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Same problems at the stores here. Not sure how they do it there, but all they do here is put stickers on the floor with arrows and simple instructions (WalMart: "---> Shop this way") and since not everyone looks down as they lumber around the grocery store, half the customers are going the wrong way. I think if they put signage at eye level it might help, but I think the one-way aisle concept is a lot more confusion than it's worth.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No internet at home for just over a week. ISP (Internet Service Provider) is at a loss to explain why. They tried pinging my modem and nothing is happening. Finally they decided to send a technician around today to fix the issue. He has discovered someone (another technician) has cut the lines to both my house and my next door neighbours. But he has discovered the issue goes beyond my street. The local council has been undergoing major upgrades to the main arterial road in which local streets branch off it. He now believes damage has now been caused by the contractors. Wouldn't you believe it he has pin-pointed the issue underneath the middle of the road. Speaking to the guy who owns a small business around the corner he now understands why many in our area have been complaining about the internet. Guess someone is going to cop a huge bill.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought it was bad when we lost internet for about three days a few weeks ago. Turns out some workers cut through a cable a couple of miles away. A lot of work to fix it but at least the issue was known right away.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
gardening #5 (because I've probably mentioned it here a few times before).

I just finished trying to remove the weed but in reality the container is now filled with sand. Which means it's too heavy so I had to remove half of it.
Even after the summer, when stuff stops growing, it will take me months to clean the garden.
So here I am, the privileged white guy, slaving my *ss off 40 hours a week, and in the weekend when everybody else is doing FUN trips and whatnot, I'm cleaning the house and the garden.
I'm an Oleson, not an Ingalls. Talk about a huge continuity error.
I f**king hate the world and I want it to explode so I never have to see a garden ever again.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
S***stirrers.

Get a life.

(In answer to the original thread question).

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Random things i hate

nearly 2 hours to get home from work due to FLOODING!! Its August and it should be summer and sunshine!!!!

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When there's just no room left for my things. May it be space in my book shelf for all the new books I keep buying, space in my shoe shelf for all my shoes or space for all the pretty ornaments, lamps and other knick-knacks. I need to live in a huge castle.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I hate it when people just ignore the one way systems now or sit down in the Chinese take way when it’s says ‘no more than 3 customers at a time’. Yeah but your ass is taking up one of those spaces while the rest of the people have to wait outside because you can’t read or move your behind.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The optical drive in my desktop is dead. R.I.P. we've had some good times.

I tried to fix the problem (at least temporarily) with one of those external dvd players but that also didn't work.
I'm going to SMASH that piece of trash with a hammer, at least then it will have a good reason for its malfunction! You're either with me or against me.

Will get a new desktop dvd player asap as I prefer to watch on my computer.
At least there's still netflix and YouTube, they better not disappoint me.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dumb ass drivers approaching pedestrian crossings. It's the drivers responsibility to slow when approaching and give way. I was on the crossing when this idiot had to break suddenly because they believe they own the road. Then the idiot beeped the horn....not once, twice but three times. I chose not to acknowledge the fool.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When you have too much to do and suddenly you've burnt your parents' bacon to a crisp.