• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Random things you hate

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just can’t do cold showers. I find them very uncomfortable. The warm water works much better for me.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
cold showers actually are better for you oddly enough but don't make it too cold i dunno what the weather is by you but if you are gonna do that and it's still winter wait until you are sweating it feels better that way and the cold won't bother you as much.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i forgot to say one thing though it also helps on a hot day if you are soaked and you come in and use cold water wait until it's a certain temp than go for it. apparently it can help you lose weight as well. as for what bugs me oh puppies who i think run the house and go through periods where they will let you pick them up to they won't let you go near them i don't get that

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My handwriting. I’m noticing it’s getting worse and worse as I get older. I’m not saying it was ever anything spectacular but it was never this bad. There are times someone will ask me what something I wrote says and I can’t even make it out. I have no clue.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was at Walgreens today, waiting to have a prescription filled and I saw a lady go up to the counter to pick up her prescription with a cart FULL of stuff which she placed awkwardly on the counter to pay there. Never mind that there were other people waiting to have prescriptions filled and there are two cashiers at the front with no line. I understand purchasing a couple of items at the pharmacy desk but not an entire cart full.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
really your handwriting is getting worse? for me i can write nice depending on the pen and the surface it's on. you should practice your writing that may help?
i think we've done that at Walgreens but not with a cart that is full i mean if there are stuff we picked while waiting but it wasn't a cart full of stuff either

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
People who are angry for no reason. I work with someone who just tears into everyone. It can happen at any given time and it can be any of us depending on her mood that particular day. I swear it’s like being on the boat in Jaws and waiting ur turn some days. She literally throws things all day. It doesn’t matter what it is. If it’s in her reach, it will fly when she’s angry. Today I had things flying passed my head at a record rate. One time she threw something so high I thought a bird had gotten into the building. She gets such height. I want to commend her on it but I figure it’s better I mind my own business.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
People who are angry for no reason. I work with someone who just tears into everyone. It can happen at any given time and it can be any of us depending on her mood that particular day. I swear it’s like being on the boat in Jaws and waiting ur turn some days. She literally throws things all day. It doesn’t matter what it is. If it’s in her reach, it will fly when she’s angry. Today I had things flying passed my head at a record rate. One time she threw something so high I thought a bird had gotten into the building. She gets such height. I want to commend her on it but I figure it’s better I mind my own business.
I used to work with someone like this. You would hear her FURIOUSLY typing away at the Skype private messenger, slagging off everyone in the office and banging at her keyboard. She would have days where she would talk to NO ONE and we were a very small department.

I had a holiday cancelled once because of a storm, and when I said I was coming back into work instead of taking my planned leave, she walked past me and didn't speak. We shared our projects and I don't think she was best happy I'd come back to steal her thunder. One of my friends always referred to her as 'the bulldog chewing a wasp'.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Following on from the comments above. I have now terminated the relationship, but a guy I know for a very long time was extremely stupid. I offer that sincerely and honestly as I've known him since 1987. His ideas about everything everywhere are complete garbage and, of course, other people are to blame for his life being nuisance value only.

When I pointed out that what he was spouting/lapping up/planning/reading about/perceiving/understanding and so on was third rate garbage/a total fabrication/a lie offered by someone with a nefarious agender/pernicious/apocryphal or a result of his action, he'd get angry, then angrier, and end by shouting and screaming "are you calling me a liar".

I'd say "no, I'm calling you ignorant".... but that'd bounce off the man in yet another rage. Just because I pointed out that the moon isn't subject to copyright. You do have to pay your water bill, that's why the bailiffs are knocking on your door again. One can't give away the roof of a property if the title is held by the mortgage lender. You can't make modifications to your council flat, as it's not your property, and taking legal advise from a bus driver was what landed you in prison!

Flying into a rage was his way of convincing people, so he thought.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
cold showers actually are better for you oddly enough but don't make it too cold i dunno what the weather is by you but if you are gonna do that and it's still winter wait until you are sweating it feels better that way and the cold won't bother you as much.

Thanks for the advices. Where I live the weather is almost always warm. Rarely cold, and when i's cold, it's by night mostly.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another one for me is people who are so obsessed with what they are missing online, that they can’t hold a proper face to face conversation because they can’t put their phone down.

I understand the feeling. I don't like much friends spending their "friendly time" on their phones. I mean, one time I was with 2 friends. One was from Marrakech. He came to visit his best friend here in Agadir. We all 3 went to take a coffee by the beach. They BOTH spent most of the time their nose in their phones. They alsmot did not talk to each others. The view on the beach was beautiful... They didn't even pay attention.

I don't like phones in restaurants, or in theaters, and even in concert. In June 2019 I was in France to watch one of my favorite singer live : I refused to even film with my smartphone. I wanted to live the concert through lye eyes, directly, not through a small screen. I really understand people who want to have a souvenir. I get it, I don't blame them. But it's not what I wanted to experience. Especially as this singer does concert very rally, and each time, it's a huge event.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I understand the feeling. I don't like much friends spending their "friendly time" on their phones. I mean, one time I was with 2 friends. One was from Marrakech. He came to visit his best friend here in Agadir. We all 3 went to take a coffee by the beach. They BOTH spent most of the time their nose in their phones. They alsmot did not talk to each others. The view on the beach was beautiful... They didn't even pay attention.

I don't like phones in restaurants, or in theaters, and even in concert. In June 2019 I was in France to watch one of my favorite singer live : I refused to even film with my smartphone. I wanted to live the concert through lye eyes, directly, not through a small screen. I really understand people who want to have a souvenir. I get it, I don't blame them. But it's not what I wanted to experience. Especially as this singer does concert very rally, and each time, it's a huge event.
People miss SO much by looking down at screens all the time. I came to major blows with a friend a couple of years ago who missed not only the windmills of the Netherlands because he was too interested in FB but who missed most of the fun in an enormous theme park too.

But it was my fault as looking at the phone is ‘his thing’.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Another one for me is people who are so obsessed with what they are missing online, that they can’t hold a proper face to face conversation because they can’t put their phone down.
Furthermore, it seems to me that the ability to find, process and understand and comprehend information is being diminished because people tend to believe the first search result returned on their phone. Instant results are useful, but the veracity is sometimes questionable.

I have crossed path with many who believe social media, and don't cross check claims being published there.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1stly if you are gonna take cold showers on how it feels best do it after you are drenched in sweat from either working out or whatever if it's hot enough than adjust the water to what you feel comfortable with you can deal with cold water better that way. that way it's not too cold and don't just hop into the shower with cold water adjust it you it will feel a lot better on your skin that way. lately i've just been using hot water but than it's winter time here still and we still have snow on the ground when it gets warmer and i start walking again and i'm sweating like that i'll be taking cold showers again.

as for Social Media i detest it i really do, while i have been known to walk and be looking at crap on my celly but not while crossing the street unlike some people and it's not everywhere i walk. if i'm in wallmart with say my mom and she's looking at something than i'll pop on my celly to make the time go faster but i don't use any social media at all.

but the stuff i look up is just me checking my e-mail or IMDB as i'm a huge movie fan. it drives her nuts but it keeps me quiet on whatever she is looking at ya know? and i do try and pay attention on where i'm going as well. if we are walking and not looking anywhere i normally put my celly back into my pocket.

but i'm not gonna lie i have accidently walked into stuff or people oh well. but you won't be seeing me get a ticket for looking at my celly when i'm walking on the street for example. unlike some people

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I actually complained to a company the other day after I saw two lazy ass builders parking in a parent and baby space and walk off laughing with their coffee in hand. I then had to watch a young mother search for a space and it just riled me.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While I understand this 'reserved spaces' thing to an extent, some of the businesses here are going overboard with it. In addition to the usual disabled spaces and an occasional space for pregnant ladies, they've branched out to spaces for law enforcement, Employee of the Month, curbside pick-ups (usually 4-6 prime spaces), Instacart and other shopping service workers, and electric/hybrid vehicles. It's bad enough that here in Florida they have to provide more than your usual number of disabled spaces, given the average age around here is about 80. ;) The nearest non-restricted space ends up being in a neighboring zip code. I especially resent efforts to set aside prime spaces for people who drive hybrid/electric vehicles because nothing about your vehicle choice dictates the need to park closer to the building. Parking is limited already, and all these special categories/restrictions keeps pushing customers even further away from the doors of businesses.

Adding to the rant just a bit, I wish a certain big-box store (rhymes with "Shmarget") would stop constructing/marking their parking lots with "compact only" sections. The compact only spaces are obviously narrower and meant to accommodate only the smallest cars. Karen in her block-long Luxury SUV doesn't care if it's a space for a compact car or not---she's going to navigate that land-yacht into the first space she sees close enough to the store. Never mind that she 'spills over' into the neighboring spaces and makes it impossible for the others to get into their cars. Her needs are more important, darn it, and who cares if everyone else is inconvenienced? The only way "compact only" spaces can work is if they're doing valet parking which...they're not....so just make all the spaces the same size and be done with it.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
To be honest @Daniel Avery - the only ones I’m really ok with are the character spaces in Disneyworld. Tigger, Pooh... Tink...