Random things you hate

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Commercials today are atrocious, I don't remember a time when there have been so many truly horrible ads in rotation at the same time.

First up is the bronze medalist: Gap Kids
The sound engineering is beyond bad; I can't make out what they're saying.

The silver medal goes to Old Navy:
People with a neurological condition wearing ugly clothes. I blame Tim Tok for this foolishness.

The gold medal goes to Snuggle fabric softener:
L.S.D.? Mushrooms? I don't know what drugs Snuggle and the woman are on but I'm sure Snuggle would bite your face off if he could. Did they use the same sound engineer as the Gap?
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
In this same vein, I hate how ads for things like "male enhancement drugs" and "erectile dysfunction" seem to have left the arena of bogus infomercials and seedy websites and onto mainstream TV commercials, and have lost all semblance of subtlety and euphemistic language (in the interest of good taste). I saw an ad for some company called Hims today, who apparently deal in drugs that supposedly do what Viagra does for men. Their declaration in giant letters: Get Hard or Get Your Money Back. Jeez, how tacky can you get?
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i'm sure i said this before and i will say it time and time again i suppose but i finished one book late last night and now i dunno what to read now that i really hate
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
People who will not have the assertiveness to move forward if a self service check out is free - they stand there gormless because they are too afraid to speak out and say ‘are you waiting for that till?’

I don’t know if it’s an Irish thing but the would be American in me cannot settle for such nonsense.
 

Richard Channing

Eternal Member
LV
13
 
Awards
25
When you buy salad that's 'washed and ready to eat' and then a couple of days later you go to eat it and it's going brown and smells like under a lawnmower cause the leaves have been damp and soggy for a few days.
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
i'm sure i said this before and i will say it time and time again i suppose but i finished one book late last night and now i dunno what to read now that i really hate
I always have a line of books waiting to be read so I'm never in that position.
When you buy salad that's 'washed and ready to eat' and then a couple of days later you go to eat it and it's going brown and smells like under a lawnmower cause the leaves have been damp and soggy for a few days.
Don't buy something 'ready to eat' unless you're ready to eat it.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
See the thing is that's not the issue on how i am and i wish i could change this about myself that's one thing i hate is that i have to be in the mood for a book for example if i'm in the mood for a mystery it depends on the author am i in the mood for Patterson, Cornwell, Reich, or a few others, or if it's Horror, King, Saul, Rice, Koontz? if it's king is it and old one from the 80's? or 90's ? or today? you get what i'm saying for example i picked Up the last harry Potter book really only cause all of a sudden i felt like watching the 1st film and i wanted to read so i picked up the book since it was too late at nite to watch it. i'm the same way with Music as well or tv shows, movies

i dunno why i'm like that but i am, i can pick up 35 books and set them next to me and pick up one at a time and read a few paragraphs or a page and right away know i'm just now in the mood for this one so i'll pick up another one and another until i find the right one. i have no idea why i'm like that which is why some of my books i have, have taken me years upon years to read. this year alone iv'e read books that took me years to read iv'e read Mr. Mercedes (2014) it took me 7 years to read it, Unnatural Exposure by Patrica Cornwell (1997) that one i had for years before i picked up and again before i finished it. Scarpetta's Winter Table again Cornwell i bought at a Good will like 15 years ago or so or close to that long ago and it took me that long to actually read it. Point of Origin (1998) i bought that brand new on paperback in (1999) on a whim pretty much and i just got around to read that this summer! or was it spring? it took me 22 years to FINALLY get around to read actually read it.

than you have Nightshade (2000) that's one by John Saul that i started to read about a dozen times and than lost interest and it wasn't cause it was bad it's just that i didn't feel like reading i Originally started to read that back when it first came out in (2000) it took me 21 years to actually read that one, 2nd Degree by James Patterson (2002) i bought that brand new when it first hit stand in (2002) in the past i got so far into it and than stopped and i picked it up and stopped until recently i actually finished it so it took me 19 years to actually read it. see what i mean? the last Harry Potter book Deathly Hallows came out in (2007) that's 14 years if i finish it this time to get off my ass to actually read it and over 20 years to finish the whole series since i became a fan before the 1st film came out. i can't remember if they had started shooting the 1st film or not? but the Goblet of Fire which came out in (2000) hadn't come out yet. Prisoner of Azkaban or however it's spelled was the Current book at the time. and it was a few years that i got around to reading that one as well and the others too.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I hate buyer's remorse!

Back in October I bought a new car, after spending roughly six months (!!) of doing all sorts of research and slowly marking choices off a list. But rather than feeling satisfied with my choice, all I can do is stare enviously at the ones I passed up on buying and wish I'd bought those instead. My car is just fine--I mean, it ticked all the boxes and it was a good deal---but I feel like that guy who develops the wandering eye six months after getting married.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
yeah they are stupid but i don't mind them, i hate wearing masks i'm not gonna lie i hate it just like we all hate it but i wore one today and it was the 1st time in awhile and granted it was the 1st time i've even went anywhere in awhile but the few times i went out this summer i didn't wear a mask and i even got my mom to wear one too.

she say well this store you may not have to i said are you sure? me thinking about Delta and the new strain too even though we both have had our shots we wore one.

i have no issue in wearing one but that doesn't mean i have to like it hence while i'm not whining about it like a 5 year old and in fact 5 years don't whine as a lot of these adults are about having to wear one. my dog whines less than they do what's that tell you?

and we can all relate to hating to have to wear one but wear one we do for those of us that are smart enough to use our brains and common sense as well
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I hate people messing about with Cluedo. Cluedo is Cluedo it doesn't need Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory or anything else. Just leave it alone! I refuse to entertain all these different versions!!!!!!
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I hate that the people who work at iTunes have no comprehension of how to organize a music library. If I add music by Nat "King" Cole to my iTunes library it will automatically be filed under "N", requiring me to edit the album information to sort it as Cole, Nat "King". Like most people who listen to Classical music, I prefer to sort my Classical library by composer but iTunes sorts all genres of music by performer. If I add a piano concerto, depending on the order in which the performers are listed, it could be filed under the pianist, the conductor or the orchestra - but not under the name of the composer.

I had to create my own system to sort Popular, Classical, soundtracks and Christmas music. The tech-savvy geniuses at Apple should have been able to program this automatically with the click of a few keys instead of making users edit the information for every file/CD they save.
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
Snakes. Just not a fan. Maybe if they had legs and didn’t slither around I would feel differently about them. The slithering is what really bothers me I guess. I can’t trust an animal with no legs.
 
Top