- Awards
- 14
I quite agree, text messaging is ubiquitous and useful. But also a way to swerve a difficult conversation.Fair enough. Just in these days it seems to be the popular way of communicating.
The difficult conversation is often needed. Surly?
I quite agree, text messaging is ubiquitous and useful. But also a way to swerve a difficult conversation.Fair enough. Just in these days it seems to be the popular way of communicating.
Because sometimes you need to inform several people simultaneously, sometimes you want someone to have a physical record of the information or sometimes the recipient is in a situation in which they cannot talk or sometimes you need to give someone the information but you are in a situation in which you cannot talk.Begs the question as to why anyone would use text messaging as the appropriate way to inform the recipient of something serious.
I have to admit I kind of prefer it myself. Yes, it’s a cop out and a way to avoid people but it’s so much easier sometimes. I especially enjoy it after coming home from work when everyone you just spent 8 hours working with starts calling to vent about their day.texting is a bit of a cop out but too easy nowadays.
A co-worker came back from vacation a few weeks ago and commented that she had trouble finding bottled water at her hotel, complaining that the vending machines were full of soft drinks (which she haughtily referred to as "poison"). I've always thought she was a twit but this one took it over the top. I asked her if there was a sink in her hotel room, which of course there was. "All the free water you could want....." I said plainly, causing her to sputter and get her nose further out of joint. I mean, it's not like I suggested she drink the water out of the toilet. I would, but I'm too busy enjoying my poisonous Diet Pepsi.Most bottled water is nothing more than tap-water. Most of the tap-water bottled in the U.S. comes from California, a state that has been suffering from a severe drought for the past 20 years. Yet people continue to purchase bottled water instead of filling a reusable bottle with water from their faucet at home.
You can drink from the toilet but it should be something more than mere water.A co-worker came back from vacation a few weeks ago and commented that she had trouble finding bottled water at her hotel, complaining that the vending machines were full of soft drinks (which she haughtily referred to as "poison"). I've always thought she was a twit but this one took it over the top. I asked her if there was a sink in her hotel room, which of course there was. "All the free water you could want....." I said plainly, causing her to sputter and get her nose further out of joint. I mean, it's not like I suggested she drink the water out of the toilet. I would, but I'm too busy enjoying my poisonous Diet Pepsi.

I know what you mean and I hate this as well. But at least if I’m in the room I have a fighting chance to speak up and change things.when you are in the same room and decisions are made about you what you are gonna do or not do and you have no say. they totally ignore you but the person that is talking they pay more attention to than what you have to say.