nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e05: Company Slut

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What is she already IS pregnant....
Women are always pregnant before they discover they're pregnant.
You can't say "today I'm going to be pregant!". Even if you get impregnated that very day you don't know for sure how it's going to work out.

And killing a two weeks old feutus doesn't count. It has to be an almost-baby.
So yes, it's very likely that she's already pregnant.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
(though it was awfully convenient that all ten women were there at one time).

Yeah, it was odd especially as they weren't even going to do a group photo shoot to begin with until Cristal suggested it.

Soaplover

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
The Cristal at work story got resolved too quickly...which is why I think a soap writer is needed on the staff to help the other writers and showrunner pace the story arcs so that plots isn't burned through so quickly.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon is always so angry about not getting "that COO position that I deserved" (she should put that phrase on a T-shirt), but what had/has she done to merit getting that job? Was she an integral part of the upper-management of Carrington Atlantic (as Cristal apparently was)? At the very least, had she been working in some capacity at CA that got her a good reputation among the upper management, something to make her seem like the right person for that position? Does she have anything on her resume worthy of note? I'm not seeing any dialogue hinting that she'd been paying her dues at CA, learning the ropes of the company from her father, not even a mail-room job. Did I miss some kind of explanation of what she'd been doing prior to the pilot episode that made her a legitimate candidate for the COO job?

Other than her last name?

Because her behaving like a spoiled child over this job might have some kind of point if there was a legitimate resume backing up her arguments, something she can point to and say "I'm the better candidate because of ___." As it is, she's just trying my nerves. If her argument is that Blake gave Cristal the job out of nepotism, then what's her counter-argument for giving her (Fallon) the job? If it weren't for double standards, she'd have no standards at all.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well...ehm. she is very good at playing a stewardess.

No, they didn't say what she had done before that, but it looked like she believed that she had earned that position, not just because she's Blake's daughter.
So I'm just going to believe that, like I "believed" that Alexis was running an empire ("I'm going to be all over the place, doing a million things. Ta-ta!")

Let's see, what's on Alexis' agenda today:
-champagne and caviar for lunch
-stop by Denver-Carrington and threaten Blake, something about The Children, because business is so unglamorous.
-shag a sheik
-interview with Gordon Wales (again), so she can throw him out (again)
-check the agenda to see if everything's been taken care off.
-champagne!

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm actually enjoying the show and thought this was a stronger episode. It's not pretending to take itself too seriously and thats to its credit

I loved opening scene of Cristal trying on the dresses and also the dinner scene. Something sorely lacking in NuoldDallas. I just wish it could have gone on longer

I really don't have an issue with the fights with Fallon and Cristal because they are not just left to one scene. In this episode Fallon is still wet and complaining in the next scene, the follow through takes the cheese factor away for me.

I realised I was enjoying the show when I found myself really wanting Cristal to get the award. So I guess I have suddenly starting investing in the characters. :)

I think I prefer this to NuDallas, it just is what it is and I get the vibe the people making it are having fun.

You can do so much more with a reboot.

I'm not really warning to Jeff Colby and NuClaudia is just as annoying as old Claudia.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's not pretending to take itself too seriously and thats to its credit
Great if that works for you, but personally I've never understood that argument because I'm not really interested in what it doesn't want to be - that can be anything.

But even if they create a show that "doesn't take itself too seriously", that itself should be taken seriously.
As long as the nonsense and non-seriousness looks good and entertaining, I can enjoy it.
Like, when Cristal pushed Fallon into the grave, that was good-awful, that was fun. But most of their verbal fights are childish, un-funny and sometimes toe-curlingly awful.

There are many creators, writers and actors working very hard to bedazzle us with their shows because there's so much competition. NuDynasty can't afford to be lazy, and certainly not at this point.

There was absolutely nothing lazy about TNT Dallas, and eventhough the fans think they got it wrong, to me it looked as if they knew exactly what they were doing i.e. giving us a new, modern "Dallas".

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon is always so angry about not getting "that COO position that I deserved" (she should put that phrase on a T-shirt), but what had/has she done to merit getting that job?

To be fair, in the opening scene of the pilot she had come back from Denver supposedly closing business deals. She's also, supposedly, using her contacts she made at Carrington Atlantic to start up her own business.

But yeah, the way she's actually acting you could see why Blake would pass her over for the position. I don't feel like he really even needs to justify it at this point.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They have to have a catfight/slap/drink thrown in face/push in grave scene every episode.

It was mentioned on here that these scenes seem to be designed to become GIFs. Although I've only ever seen said GIFs being used on the CW social media accounts.

On the subject of social media, outside of our Soapchat bubble here, does anyone know how the show is being received by younger audiences? Are they watching it? Or even talking about it? I know they aired in different times but there was a certain water cooler element to previous teen soaps like Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl that we just don't seem to be getting with Dynasty.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great if that works for you, but personally I've never understood that argument because I'm not really interested in what it doesn't want to be - that can be anything.

But even if they create a show that "doesn't take itself too seriously", that itself should be taken seriously.
As long as the nonsense and non-seriousness looks good and entertaining, I can enjoy it.
Like, when Cristal pushed Fallon into the grave, that was good-awful, that was fun. But most of their verbal fights are childish, un-funny and sometimes toe-curlingly awful.

There are many creators, writers and actors working very hard to bedazzle us with their shows because there's so much competition. NuDynasty can't afford to be lazy, and certainly not at this point.

There was absolutely nothing lazy about TNT Dallas, and eventhough the fans think they got it wrong, to me it looked as if they knew exactly what they were doing i.e. giving us a new, modern "Dallas".

I guess I find it entertaining enough to keep my interest. So in that regard it's doing it's job.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon is always so angry about not getting "that COO position that I deserved" (she should put that phrase on a T-shirt), but what had/has she done to merit getting that job? Was she an integral part of the upper-management of Carrington Atlantic (as Cristal apparently was)? At the very least, had she been working in some capacity at CA that got her a good reputation among the upper management, something to make her seem like the right person for that position? Does she have anything on her resume worthy of note? I'm not seeing any dialogue hinting that she'd been paying her dues at CA, learning the ropes of the company from her father, not even a mail-room job. Did I miss some kind of explanation of what she'd been doing prior to the pilot episode that made her a legitimate candidate for the COO job?

Other than her last name?

Because her behaving like a spoiled child over this job might have some kind of point if there was a legitimate resume backing up her arguments, something she can point to and say "I'm the better candidate because of ___." As it is, she's just trying my nerves. If her argument is that Blake gave Cristal the job out of nepotism, then what's her counter-argument for giving her (Fallon) the job? If it weren't for double standards, she'd have no standards at all.

I guess she must have done something to warrant the nomination for the award.

They will have to change the character I would imagine after the arrival of Alexis.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although I've only ever seen said GIFs being used on the CW social media accounts.
:lol:
does anyone know how the show is being received by younger audiences?
Don't know about the younger audience, but I know that a certain international gay forum (where people discuss all sort of things, including media & entertainment) doesn't even mention it - and that's scary.

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sorry to say I've given up on nuDynasty by Episode 5. The problem is there are no sympathetic characters, no one likeable and no one to root for. The nearest characters are Steven and Michael the chauffeur, but not even to sustain my interest.

Fallon is fun to watch; but Cristal and Sammy Jo are very unlikeable.

I'll probably tune in later on in the run to see who they cast as Alexis. I bet with the full season order, she'll now appear either around Episode 16 and cause havoc towards the cliffhanger.

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When I knock somebody down with my car, I usually rush to help my victim and call 911.
I don't stare at my wife for hours waiting for the music to end the épisode.

So we got a Ted Dinart. Just like good old days. So what? I want a storyline. This show desperately needs writters. I'm fed up with the peanuts we, fans-monkeys, are thrown at. Nostalgia is not everything. What next? We'll get a Mrs Gunnerson cooking over a couple of childish bitchy lines ? Is two grown up women ( sort of) fighting over a cover what they call a plot?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
When I knock somebody down with my car, I usually rush to help my victim and call 911.
I don't stare at my wife for hours waiting for the music to end the épisode.

So we got a Ted Dinart. Just like good old days. So what? I want a storyline. This show desperately needs writters. I'm fed up with the peanuts we, fans-monkeys, are thrown at. Nostalgia is not everything. What next? We'll get a Mrs Gunnerson cooking over a couple of childish bitchy lines ? Is two grown up women ( sort of) fighting over a cover what they call a plot?
Having Fallon or Cristal duke it out over Business women of the year in episode 5 is a little extra. Especially since Fallon's office isn't even complete yet. And I don't care what ANYONE says.... Cristal is where she is because she screwed the boss. Now where is Alexis to drag her through hell for it? Cos quite frankly I could get the same tepid kicks from just watching Mean Girls.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

Usually? So you run over people with your car every other week? Sounds like it. Wow, not even slightly shocked anymore, not even for 7 seconds?! Then congrats to your professionalism in reaction, but you should certainly work on your driving skills. ;)

Last edited:

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Usually? So you run over people with your car every other week? Sounds like it. Wow, not even slightly shocked anymore, not even for 7 seconds?! Then congrats to your professionalism in reaction, but you should certainly work on your driving skills. ;)

Good Heavens... I surely pray the Lord not to end up waiting for death under your wheels while you're singing Dynasty theme...:shifty: