• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Sense8: One Last Mission

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What Family Actually Means

Nomi’s speech at Tegan’s wedding was very clever and I’m so glad she went ahead with it, despite that bitch of a mother trying to get her to leave the reception.

Diego has been great to watch these past few episodes, which makes me think he should have been in it much more than he has been.

Tegan’s getting married now, so that earlier dinner I watched was something else.

Woah! That was powerful stuff where Nomi father stood up to the FBI guy and prevented him from arresting Nomi.

They’ve really made the news of Will’s father dying emotional, with great use of all the clips we’ve seen them in together.

“I don’t care what my son did, I just want him to come home”

Even more heart-breaking that Will is on his own and only sees his father through Riley’s eyes.:sad:

I'm gutted that I only have two episodes left and while part of me wants this to last, there's an urge to find out what's going on.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
If All the World's a Stage, Identity Is Nothing but a Costume

Gosh, the scene where Sun needs Lito’s help in making a cocktail is very tense because at the same time he’s auditioning for a role and he needs to get this right.

Despite the struggles and the hard times some of these people live in, this show is very uplifting, right now I’m feeling great as Lito meets a guy who he will be filming with and Capheus is about to give his speech and the crowds all with banners saying COURAGE.

The moment is coming

Capheus is walking closer to the mic, the music is building up as the rest of the Sensates join him in another epic scene where they pull their strength together to be as one.

Well, I wasn’t expecting the speech to blow up with violence, hopefully, this will make Capheus even stronger and more determined to fight against crime & violence. The chaos that followed made it difficult to see who was trying to kill Capheus, maybe that’s the point, it certainly made it more dramatic.

This is a turnaround for the guy who was originally going to kill Capheus, now he’s saving him.

I’ve been waiting patiently for Joong-Ki to show up in the episode and he does near the end, thankfully I don’t have to wait a week to find out what happens.

“We take everything that matters and we fight for it”

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
You Want a War

Joong-Ki is giving his speech and I have so much rage inside me, all directed at Joong-Ki.

He’s shot the bloody detective bringing him in, this really is bleeding war.

I don’t like Sun shooting at everyone, this is just making her look like a mass killer and with everything going against her, I can’t see a way out. That said, it sure is fun to see her chasing that bastard in her underwear.

And now she is handcuffed, taken away by the cops while he walks free again.

Nomi & Neets proposing to each other was sweet. Will the story end on their wedding with all the Sensates turning up in the flesh to celebrate their lives together forever?

Holy shit, Lila is back and now Wolfie’s home is invaded with men in suits and guns. It’s Whispers.

This is horrific what they’re doing to Wolfie. Everyone is feeling it and I’m panicking that it’s going to end before it’s resolved, or at least before they are free to get away from this. Is Jonas betraying them?

Will is actually with Whisper and it’s all getting very exciting.

OMG, that was one hell of an adrenaline rush.

I feel drained!

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This means she has a reason to dislike him, she can sleep with Wolfie even though he’s more than just a serial killer.

Who needs a reason or excuse to sleep with Wolfie other than this:

And this means Wolfie gets to do his stuff with Lito and no I don’t mean that other thing

:(

Lito’s scenes with Sun are the best, he’s lying in the gutter, getting ready for a life of a failed actor living on the streets, then he’s on her bed getting her to cuddle a cushion, all while wearing this blue Smurf style onesie. Hilarious.

I'm smiling just thinking about those scenes. I love how the various connections within the cluster.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Diego has been great to watch these past few episodes, which makes me think he should have been in it much more than he has been.

I was pleased to see him turn up again near the end. He is another example of a supporting character that the writers did a good job of weaving into the story.

Despite the struggles and the hard times some of these people live in, this show is very uplifting

For me, that is the strength of the show. They have created characters that really tug a my heartstrings and that I really care about. This makes the uplifting moments extremely satisfying; same with the moments where someone in the cluster is there to support another member.

Will the story end on their wedding with all the Sensates turning up in the flesh to celebrate their lives together forever?

I'd be satisfied with that!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
"I'm not just a me, I'm also a we"

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Miguel Angel Silvestre is my future husband. Of course he doesn't know yet. [or ever]

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What the devil am I watching? I love this! These characters, the way everything looks, it's really very beautiful and entertaining.
I've never seen Jamie Clayton in anything else and yet it felt as if I recognized her. She has a terrific voice.
To be honest I'm not very curious to know the big sense8 mystery, but it allows the story to combine all these characters and cultures and that's reason enough for me.
I don't know how many episodes I'm going to watch, if it becomes too X-Men I'll probably quit.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to Sense8 Willie! I'm looking forward to your thoughts. You've picked the perfect time to start the show as we are just a few weeks away from everything being wrapped up.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked Kala's engagement party, it looked like a Bollywood "Dynasty".
I knew there was going to be a gay character - yippee, it's the hot Italian (or Spanish) actor Lito.

Not sure what's going on with Nomi's operation, is the doctor lying to her? Does her mother think they can remove her transgender personality from her brains?
But I do start to see a pattern: whenever one of the sence8ers is in big trouble, another sense8er with the required skills can take over - like Sun and Jela's fighting scenes.
So, it's important that they all stay alive, and Jonas seems to be some kind of guide.
What would be the purpose? Saving the world? Hopefully they'll come up with something more original than that.

And then there's criminal Wolfgang, how's he going to fit in? Or is he just there to please us with his perfect buns? I'd be so OK with that.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
yippee, it's the hot Italian (or Spanish) actor Lito.
Or is he just there to please us with his perfect buns? I'd be so OK with that.

I'm pleased to see you've already picked up on the two most important aspects of the series. :D

And in "it's a small world" news. . . the guy that plays Lito is in Velvet which also features Andres from Gran Hotel!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the guy that plays Lito is in Velvet which also features Andres from Gran Hotel!
Ah yes, I tried a few episodes. Unfortunately it didn't have the magic of Gran Hotel.

I wonder what's going on with the missing little girl that should never be mentioned again. Or is she going to be Angelica?

Many of the scenes look outrageously lavish, and since it can't be all CGI I suspect it must have been very, very expensive to produce this series.
These days, the only difference between movies and tv series is the duration, but also the production costs. One movie versus x number of episodes.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Let's hope it has a satisfactory conclusion, but I don't need to worry about that yet. OK, time to continue with episode 4:byebye:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I love this!
Good God Willie!

You're definitely on to a winner with this show. The first episode I wasn't totally impressed, but that was down to not knowing what the hell was going on. It was the characters who won me over first and then all the scenery, the different cultures and the fight scenes.

I decided early on to not overthink the plot and just go with the ride because believe me it's one hell of a ride, there and back, and back again.

One of the hardest things I found while watching this was to pick a favourite character, who did I want to root for the most and that wasn't no easy feat. Each character brings their own special unique style to the story and then to add more, it's their friends and loved ones who created the complete package. The soundtrack is also friggin' awesome! I bought it after a few episodes and played it to death. Never have I loved "What's up?" as I have since this show.

Once I was caught up with the show, I then started to read up on the production and what I found only added to my overall love, it's just perfect and will always feel like a real gem of a show.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Each character brings their own special unique style to the story and then to add more, it's their friends and loved ones who created the complete package.
I just finished episode 7, and in these last 2 episodes more and more sense8ers start to interact with eachother in a more relaxed manner. They don't know what it is, but most of them are no longer scared and utterly confused. Well except Lito as he's the most dramatic person which makes sense because he's an actor. But his encounters with the other sense8ers are usually very funny.
You know I'm always drilling for soap, even if it's just a few drops:lol: but sometimes it really feels like a clever variation on the soap genre, with the sense8 mystery as the core, like the dysfunctional families and feuds are the core of the traditional soaps.
Instead of having all these characters being related by blood, marriage or friendship (and living in the same mansion, town or whatever) they are now total strangers living in different parts of the world. And yet we get the romance, the friendships, the drugs cartel, mommy & daddy issues, the vengeful ex-boyfriend, the loveless marriage etc.

The strange old man from the very first scene (when Angelica killed herself) shows up in Dr Metzger's apartment, disguised as one of Metzger's patients, I think his name his Whispers.

So I guess he's the key figure in the sense8 mystery but I have no idea how. But I think it has something to do with the future - and maybe he wants to stop/change/control it.
I also got to know more about Wolfgang, but I had to press "pause" to take it all in:D