Skipping the Dream Season

Would you consider skipping the dream season when rewatching the series?

• Total voters

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don’t skip it either. There are many scenes and episodes I do love watching regardless of the fact that what we’re watching is a dream.
I don't think if it as a dream while I'm watching it. Just as originally broadcast, it only becomes a dream when season 10 starts.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think if it as a dream while I'm watching it. Just as originally broadcast, it only becomes a dream when season 10 starts.
That’s a good outlook. I do get a little confused though when Mark returns and after Pam passes out she awakens and asks him if she’s dreaming. She almost figured it out right there.

I like to think that at that point there was a loud noise outside or something that almost made her awaken very early in the dream. Perhaps Katherine finally giving up and pulling away in her car, blonde wig and all?? But Pam just shook it off and went back to sleep for about another 26 hours.

Had she realized she was dreaming sooner, we could’ve been spared emeralds, Marinos Shipping and a ridiculous lookalike storyline. Maybe Katherine should’ve tried beeping the horn or driving that car right between those big, beautiful white columns and into Pam’s living room.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After four years I've changed my vote and I no longer agree with anything I've posted in this thread.

I recently rewatched the dream season finale and Angelica Nero is indeed as fabulous as I remembered, but the explosions aren't very impressive imho (and there's no body in Jack's car).
But it was the scene with Pam & Mark and Cliff & Jamie that made me decide that I was never going to watch it again.
Both couples are snogging while the waiter is, well, waiting to take their orders. Barf.

It's not just that it didn't really happen, it also wasn't entertainingly fake and I don't have the strength to do it all over again.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recently rewatched the dream season finale and Angelica Nero is indeed as fabulous as I remembered
Loved Angelica! Great character but I just wish the storyline had been better. I do like the payoff in the end with her coming back for her revenge and going on her killing spree though. It’s really all so un-Dallas-like in so many ways but I did find her highly entertaining to watch.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If the dream had continued, Angelica would have gained control of Southfork and moved in, only to go to-to-toe with a resurrected Jock/Wes.
Still better than the Marinos shipping/Dimitri/Jack storyline though.

Who knew Pam had such an active imagination in her sleep? I never would’ve guessed.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But it was the scene with Pam & Mark and Cliff & Jamie that made me decide that I was never going to watch it again.
Both couples are snogging while the waiter is, well, waiting to take their orders. Barf.

One more good reason why Jamie had to die. Twice.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One more good reason why Jamie had to die. Twice.
Pam really wasn’t a person who remembered much about her dreams, was she? It never occurred to her that she had a premonition about Jamie’s death at such a very young age nor did she realize that Wes was actually the same guy as Ben.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam really wasn’t a person who remembered much about her dreams, was she? It never occurred to her that she had a premonition about Jamie’s death at such a very young age nor did she realize that Wes was actually the same guy as Ben.
I guess she had a lot to process.