Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I watched A Moon in the Shadows which was going rather well until I became totally confused.

Then I watched Hotel Mumbai which was EXCELLENT.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Singin' in the Rain, starring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds.

This is often called the greatest musical of all time but I just don't see it. There are any number of musicals I prefer to this one. Including some of Kelly's own such as On the Town and Brigadoon.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
upload_2019-10-12_5-30-46.png

The movie alternates between a Stephen King type of a story and a Shutter Island twist. I would have preferred the first, but it turned out to be the latter (probably because it's the most popular and modern solution).
Pity that they created all this eerie stuff only to retcon it as a mad man's memory in the final-final twist.
Unless the writers are also part of the conspiracy….

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
View attachment 18300

The movie alternates between a Stephen King type of a story and a Shutter Island twist. I would have preferred the first, but it turned out to be the latter (probably because it's the most popular and modern solution).
Pity that they created all this eerie stuff only to retcon it as a mad man's memory in the final-final twist.
Unless the writers are also part of the conspiracy….

Me too!!! I liked it. What did you think?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had been so looking forward to this and I'm pleased to say it didn't disappoint. There's some debate as to whether it was necessary, and it probably wasn't. Unlike many fans I was very happy with how Breaking Bad ended including Jessie's final scenes. I would have been quite happy to leave it that, but who's gonna say no to more Breaking Bad?? We get some interesting flashbacks with some of the shows biggest characters intertwined with a narrative that sees Jessie in a fight for survival that's for the most part quite exciting. There are some very memorable scenes and I was happy with how it ended. Definitely worth seeing for die hard BB fans.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Little Mermaid

I've never seen this in full before but I remember watching the animated spin-off series some time ago. To be honest her earlier undersea adventures in that show are more enjoyable than watching her give up her life for legs to marry the landlubber prince.
It would have been nice to see Krystle more casual and outdoorsy like this from time to time.
It could almost be Audra Barkley from The Big Valley later in her life.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Based on the Greek tradgedy Iphigenia, this was one weird and twisted movie, and I kind of loved it. It continually shocked and surprised me as it grew ever more dark and bizarre. Most of the performances are great, especially from the younger members of the cast, but Colin Farrell feels somehow out of place and I would have preferred someone else in the role. The actors mostly deliver their lines in a deadpan, matter-of-fact kind of way, which works for Nicole Kidman and the kids, but not so much in Farrell's performance. Also it was nice to see Alicia Silverstone in something again. It's not exactly a horror movie, but it sure as hell is unsettling. It messes with your head as it's hard to get a handle on characters motives and emotions, and the plot doesn't fill in all the blanks, so there's a constant tension and sense of dread and mystery.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Based on the Greek tradgedy Iphigenia, this was one weird and twisted movie, and I kind of loved it. It continually shocked and surprised me as it grew ever more dark and bizarre. Most of the performances are great, especially from the younger members of the cast, but Colin Farrell feels somehow out of place and I would have preferred someone else in the role. The actors mostly deliver their lines in a deadpan, matter-of-fact kind of way, which works for Nicole Kidman and the kids, but not so much in Farrell's performance. Also it was nice to see Alicia Silverstone in something again. It's not exactly a horror movie, but it sure as hell is unsettling. It messes with your head as it's hard to get a handle on characters motives and emotions, and the plot doesn't fill in all the blanks, so there's a constant tension and sense of dread and mystery.

I like the sound of this. Kidman and Farrell both starred in the remake of the Beguiled, but I didn't like that as much as the original. Nothing to do with their performances though. More the directors choices. I think I will try and see this.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like the sound of this. Kidman and Farrell both starred in the remake of the Beguiled, but I didn't like that as much as the original. Nothing to do with their performances though. More the directors choices. I think I will try and see this.
It's on the channel4 iPlayer at the moment.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
A Breath of Scandal
With Sophia Loren and my John Gavin. It's not great, more a little bit of a fluff piece. John is adorable as always and Sophia behaves just as we all would if he knocked us off our horse. @Willie Oleson might like this one? I don't know?

Part 2 is also on Dailymotion.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Not a Snow White version.

It's a stupid cheesy movie, and yet there's something about it that makes it one of the better stupid cheesy movies.
The score and sound effects are pretty amazing. I didn't remember the final twist, so that was a nice surprise (again).